PDA

View Full Version : Kamal's comedies - Rate the best

jagat-jaala-killadi
02-05-2004, 09:44 PM
After Kamal shed his "Masala" hero image, he started acting in movies which fall under only one genre like comedy/drama/action etc. Out of these genres, I think his comedy class has scored more points than his other ventures. I have listed a few of his full-fledged comedy movies.

Aboorva Sagotharargal
Michael Madana Kaama Rajan
Magalir Mattum
Kaathala kaathala
Avvai Shanmughi
Thenali
Pammal K Sambandham
Panchathanthiram

My favourite is MMKR. First of all you will never get the feeling that its the same Kamal acting in four roles. The dialogue delivery of all the characters and their timing sense will be so great in this movie.

You are welcome to add any movie that I might have left out and discuss about your favourite Kamals comedy movie.

By the way en thalaivar Rajini thaan.

-JJK

PS: After being pointed out (thanks for that) edited and added, Kaathala Kaathala and Panchathanthiram to the list.

Shy
02-05-2004, 09:48 PM
jagat-jaala-killadi hi.. u know.. enga geethamla oruthaar irukkar.. cricket'na uyir avarukku.. :)

Shy

vasan
02-05-2004, 09:57 PM
You might want to make it as a poll, JFK er.. JJK.. If you don't know how to do it, you might want to pm katteri or Shy..

Thanks !

jagat-jaala-killadi
02-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Vasan, I thought about the poll idea, but what if other people had some other movie thats not in this list? Will they be able to add that later on?

Shy, neenga katteri pathi pesareengala? i joined here only yesterday and i was going thur the forums. avar thaan cricket pathi niraya topics open panni irukkaar. I even replied to a couple of those.

-JJK

vennai1
02-05-2004, 11:17 PM
My vote for Thenaili ! :b: :clap:

Being a 50% eezha thamizhan I can vouch that Kamal did a fantastic

job with that accent... :clap: :clap:

sabeshan
02-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Being a 50% eezha thamizhan

வெண்ணை, நீங்க ம.தி.மு.க. தொண்டரா??

Comenaughty
02-06-2004, 12:17 AM
without any duobts, MMKR...... stands out completely..... its one of the best comedy films got out in tamil screen....apart from the ones by pandiarajan (the old ones...not the new ones)

aburvaraagam
02-06-2004, 12:47 AM
My vote is for MMKR and Avvai shanmugi

silican
02-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Ella padamum sari...adhu enna Aboorva sagodharargal ? How does that come in Comedy section ? My vote is for MMKR. next comes thenali.

Silican

lodestar
02-06-2004, 01:27 AM
MMKR is the best one..especially the palakatu iyer role was an excellent performance by kamal...and also pammal K sambantham also is impressive where kamal entertains with the local chennai tamil... :D

cheers

GoodBoy
02-06-2004, 10:23 AM
wat abt PANCHATHANTHIRAM,KATHALA KATHALA...but my vote goes to MMKR only...

san2003
02-06-2004, 12:39 PM
wat abt PANCHATHANTHIRAM,KATHALA KATHALA

i was thinking the same thing as well.... kathala kathala was good coz i like especially the song kasumela kasu :)

but as all have said my vote also goes for MMKR... i think he did very well in that movie with 4 different roles.... the best was as an aiyar :)
next vote goes to avvai shanmugi... another best movie of his

he did good comedy role movies :) can't deny he is a good actor

Honeyarjun
02-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Nothing can beat MMKR... Thenali comes close too....

jagat-jaala-killadi
02-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I can't believe I left out kaathala kaathala and panchathanthiram. KK la oru joke ku siruchomna innoru joke-a miss panniduvom, it's such a hilarious movie.

Silican, I think in a way Aboorva Sagotharargal is a comedy one. If you consider the taller Kamal (Raja) and the Janaga Raj and Shivaji track and his "engayo poiteenga" comments (which became a very big hit), the movie is pretty funny. Even how the short kamal (Appu) kills all the villains was funny.

Shy
02-06-2004, 03:52 PM
My vote is for MMKR :)

Shy

vasan
02-06-2004, 07:11 PM
michael madhana kaama rajan...

of all the jodis in the movie.. kamal - urvasi... holy fiddlesticks.. what a combination.. utterly delightful... :) :) Very cutely done. Especially when you consider the fact that the comedy now is more like physical and silly and downright vulgar.. MMKR is one thoroughly enjoyable movie..

Hey, all you copy cats... why are you all thinking just like me.. including some brand new supermoderators :lol: :lol: :lol: peeech.. peech.. no red/yellow/blue/green cards... (well, may be a US Green Card... but nothing more.. ) :lol: :lol:

anainar
02-06-2004, 07:34 PM
My vote is also for MMKR. All the other comedies will be swept off the floor with Urvashi-Kamal pair.

Who said there could be only one winner? Thenali is also a strong contender. It is also a hiralrious movie and you can laugh your heart out, at the plans of Jayaram being foiled by Kamal.

Cheers

p_arunsrinivasan
02-07-2004, 01:00 AM
my vote is for MMKR...

"Bheem boy bheem boy andha லோக்க்ர் lerndhu aaru லட்சம்"... idha adikka chance ee illai.. urvasi is upto me female kamal hassan.. she is the best actress in those days.....

cheers,
Arun.P.

gsatnan
02-07-2004, 04:31 PM
ennaiya solringa shy... cricketna uyirnu.... :lol: as u see already most of the votes are for MMKR.. and i wouldnt want to change the trend but thenali, KK follows real close.. I love that movie and have seen more than 100 times.. I lost count.... long back and still seein the movie....

unique
02-16-2004, 09:04 PM
My vote is fOR MMKR,Avvai shanmugi and Thenali. Ovoru movie leyum differenta edhavadu try panninde irukaar...

honey
02-17-2004, 09:48 AM
My first choice is MMKR.Gr8 comedy ,then comes thenali,Avvai Shanmugi