PDA

View Full Version : can any one specify me a software

appu
02-07-2004, 06:44 PM
can anyone specify a software through which films can be directly downloaded from tamilgrounds rather than watching it live......

venky1974
02-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Try Net Transport

Cheers,

dinesh
02-07-2004, 08:15 PM
If you let the movie run for a minute or so, then go to temporary internet files, you'll find part of the file you just played there. Hence, you can get hold of the said WMV's name. Run DAP and give the name of the WMV to download the file.

silican
02-07-2004, 10:28 PM
No Problem...U can simply use DAP to download movies while playing. Just integrate your DAP with ur IE or netscape and set your preference to download the AVI WMV ASX files directly from the site. (dont forget to use ur UN and PW for authorization).

Sometimes if the link is mms:// and the video file streams actually by aid of an .asx file, try using "Stream down" software.

Silican

dinesh
02-07-2004, 10:34 PM
I think the problem is you can't download .asx directly.....well you can, but you wouldn't get the movie file, but a file linking to the original wmv.

silican
02-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Yes..That makes the work even simpler. Asx basically has some XML coding which you can easily see if you open the downloaded ASX file with Notepad. In most cases these people directly give the links in the asx file, instead of indexing the files the way we do in Geetham.

Silican

dinesh
02-07-2004, 10:47 PM
yeah.....that's what I meant as well......you can't directly use DAP for that....instead you run DAP instead with the file name you get this way.... :b:

silican
02-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Oh Boss,
You dont have to go through all these procedures for DAP. The method I mentioned above is needed for stream Down, where u download Streaming media. (I downloaded a couple of Videos from Jaya/Raj TV broadcast in Num TV mainly for the Advts. :ee: )

But you can configure DAP to directly start downloading movies from Tamilgrounds just by clicking the movie link. No doubts abt that.

Silican

dinesh
02-07-2004, 10:59 PM
But you can configure DAP to directly start downloading movies from Tamilgrounds just by clicking the movie link. No doubts abt that.

Ok..never worked for me though....as I always end up with the .asx file....using whoch I have to run DAP again to get the wmv!

appu
02-08-2004, 05:20 PM
romba nanripaa..ippo ennala download pannamudiyuthu....but i can only download movies from numtv ect through SDP....tamilgroundsla work aagamaataenguthu...etho oru forumla padichurukkaen...there is a specific software to download from bollygrounds ect...DAP work aagala...