PDA

View Full Version : Very usefull site!!!! check out

GoodBoy
02-10-2004, 02:11 PM
hello friends..
This site is very usefull and u can learn a lot abt all the tips like Application tips, Desktop tips,Explorer tips,Installation tips etc...
Excellent site for persons those who love computers :D :D :D :D :D :D

<a href=http://www.onecomputerguy.com/tips.htm> Click here </a>

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/tips.htm

Enjoy :b:

Sarvnaa

shanrenu
02-12-2004, 06:13 PM
sarvnaa,
do u know any software application that can stream songs from the usual tape recorder? if u come across any such software, pls inform me. thanx

silican
02-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Shanrenu,
can u explain your requirement. I can try for you.

suryalover
02-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Until I was thirteen I thought my name was 'Shutup' .

Dude why you thought it was shutup?

Can u explain..

Regards

SURYA

appu
02-12-2004, 10:54 PM
தான் பதிமுனு வயசு வரைக்கும் வாயாடியா இருந்தத சுத்தி வலைசு சொல்லராராம ்மா....

shanrenu
02-12-2004, 11:29 PM
silican,
thanx for coming forward to help me. i wanted to record some of the songs from my tape recorder to CD. i was just wondering if there was any application for this. i think my requirement is clear now. thanx in advance.

venky1974
02-12-2004, 11:32 PM
i was just wondering if there was any application for this.

You can use Musicmatch Ver 5. or greater. Go to the recording mode and select Line in. Connect the line out from your Tape recorder and connect to the line in on your sound card of your computer and musicmatch will store it as MP3 under a file name you provide.
I have converted a lot of old Carnatic Concerts like this at home. It works good. If you need more info let me know.

Cheers,

shanrenu
02-12-2004, 11:50 PM
hey venki,
thanks for the info. van u pls tell me what this "line in" and "line out"

venky1974
02-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Look at your Tape Recorder. It should say Line out and line in. In recent time these are RCA type jacks most colored as Red and white for stereo Left and Stereo Right resp.

If your tape recorder does not have Line out then use the headphone socket as line out.

The if you look at the sound card of your computer, you will see three sockets, Mic/Line In/Speakers(Lineout).

Once you figure out which one is which then you connect these two together with a wire that will fit the sockets.

If your Tape has RCA sockets then you need RCA to Stereo Jacks.

If your tape has Head phone then you need male to male stereo jack wire.

And it should work for you.

Cheers,

silican
02-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi Shanrenu,
Venky is right. I have used the same method earlier and it is good. If u have a small stereo, that has a stereo output, say a headphone socket, u need to use a 3.5mm audio Jack This cable contains two jacks (very similar to your headphone jack).

You need to connect one end to your cassette recorder and the other to your audio port (mostly black in color)in the sound card of ur PC.

Color codings:

Green : Speaker port (sound out)
Orange: Microphone (sound in)
Black : audio port

Now use Musicmatch Juke Box or Goldwave Sound Recorder and record the song. You can convert .wav to .mp3 pretty easy.

shanrenu
02-13-2004, 02:23 AM
thanx very much for the help venky and silican. i'll try this option and let u guys know. thank u so much :)

prasadvrg
04-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Hello guys,
Until now I used a software called Total recorder to record the audio stream and also the casette music. Recently I have downloaded the new version of Total Recorder and it wrote over the old version and for the new version I don't have the reg code.

I still think Total Recorder is best to record music and convert into MP3format.
Regards, Prasad

anitam
04-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the link goodboy... its really useful. Thanks again.

ashokcsn_2000
04-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Hello guys,
Until now I used a software called Total recorder to record the audio stream and also the casette music. Recently I have downloaded the new version of Total Recorder and it wrote over the old version and for the new version I don't have the reg code.

I still think Total Recorder is best to record music and convert into MP3format.
Regards, Prasad

Hey Prasad

Have you ever tried goldwave... It is one of the oldest and best recording and remixing tools available... Try it and let me know...

itechlegend
04-20-2005, 04:53 PM
empa JET AUDIO vida ethavathu best audio capturing software iruka enna
i dont feel so .. apdi iruntha sollunga therinjikiren...

Priyanka
04-24-2005, 05:30 AM
you will see three sockets, Mic/Line In/Speakers(Lineout).

Dear Venki! In my computer I have only two sockets. One is for headphone and other one is for mic. Which one I should use? Please help.

Even I have the total recorder software version 4.4 Can I use it for this purpose! Please help! :pray:

phmaideen
09-25-2006, 10:23 AM
s i used this site