PDA

View Full Version : Thirumanathirkaga Ethai Vidalam?-திருமணதிற் காக எதை விடலாம்?

sri_gan
02-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Geetham Family,

Here is an interesting patti mandram. Actually this was inscribed from a real situation.

Situation: Arranged Marriage ( drop the thoughts about love marriage here)

Event: Ponnu Select Panna poranga..

Ippo Action:

Ponnu kediakirathu rombe kastama irruku, Mappillai sollurar...

:sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12::sm12::sm12:

"ONNU JATHIYA VIDUNGA ILLA JATHAGATHAI VIDUNGA nu..."

:sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12::sm12::sm12:

So Naan Thalaippu ready panniten...

Thirumanathirkaga Ethai Vidalam?-திருமணதிற் காக எதை விடலாம்?

Jaathiya(Caste) Vidalama? Jathagathai(Horoscope) vidalama?

Neengale oru mudivu sollunga.

Vote pannunga + explain us why you voted for that, since I started the topic I cannot vote here.

You can make comedy situation and make us think.

katteri
02-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Nan jaathi ya vudlamnu solren..When u compare two things jathi is worst....
Oru eg solren a person has an infection in his leg .. doctor said theyhave to amputate his leg if he wants to survive...
Jathiyala vara prichanai athigam .. jathagathalai vara problem trivial....

suha
02-12-2004, 04:01 PM
nanum adhu thaan solrein katteri,

yenna...... jathi ye vita thaan .india la sandai :fight: varadhu illiya :sm10:

anainar
02-12-2004, 04:06 PM
I voted for Jaathagam. The reason is that, the impact on the pair could by reasonably managable. Though I am not a proponent of jathi, given the situation of only two choices, I picked jaathagam.

Cheers

suha
02-12-2004, 04:10 PM
annai anna first of all jathgam na yenna?

yennaku teriyadhu adhu thaan naan jathiye vida sonnein :|

jagat-jaala-killadi
02-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Given that it's an arranged marriage, jaathi sandainu onnum vara porathu illai. Horoscopes are something which our ancestors have a lot of faith in. It depends on each person. I for one am not a big fan of horscopes and stuff like that. But, still if somebody's parents are too much into horoscopes then, I think looking out in a different caste is not gonna make any harm. Atleast they will be happy bcos, according to them since the horos matched, the couple are gonna live happily ever after.

I voted to ignore Jaathi.

-JJK.

sri_gan
02-12-2004, 04:43 PM
I checked the polling votes:

Total Votes : 4

Jaathiya Vidalama? 75% [ 3 ]

Jathagathai vidalama? 25% [ 1 ]

Usually ungalukke theriyum each caste has their own way of rituals etc... neriya per jathiya vidalam nu sollurenga, is this feasible in our current situation.

I'm glad to see lot of people want to fight against its madness which is good but practically othuvaruma...

Like Iyanaar pointed out, jathagathai vitta, "impact on the pair could by reasonably managable."

Ippa sollunga jathiya vitturulam nu sollitu couples kku problem varamari vitturulama...

katteri
02-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Jathi irukkee antha word a kettava rombha erichala irukku...last year i met a guy he s finished his master degree and looking for job...We had a chat after some time he asked ammanghe neengha enna jathi...Even in educated people this have grown like anything..Good in tandu we dont have surnames..
Another eg:
True incident ...b4 12 years in my unlce village there was a fight betwn 2 people one hit theother and soon blood start flowing from his head...
Gramam payagiru prichinai ayiduchu enna da nu ketta en jathikranai adichutan ran...Problem engha there was aproblem bet n 2 people athu leyum jathiya sekuranghaaa...
Remove caste in teh applcn ofr job & school jathi illama poidum...

katteri
02-12-2004, 05:01 PM
I voted for Jaathagam. The reason is that, the impact on the pair could by reasonably managable. Though I am not a proponent of jathi, given the situation of only two choices, I picked jaathagam.

Cheers

Anainar appadi illangheee... first jathi a ozhikanum then jathagham...Jathagham parkama kalayanum nadanthallum enna solluvan theiryumaaa..prichinai panrathukunee sila per irukannuvo...
Enna vera stahi ponna kattikuteee... :oops: #
Kalyanuthu vanthammo 4 nalla varthai sonnomanu pokammaaa.. ipadi kundakk mandaka ethiyavathu pesi kuzhappi vidttuduvangheee.

Shy
02-12-2004, 08:11 PM
I have voted to let go Jaathi.

As a start,

Jaathagam is trivial and for sure we dont know if it has anything to do with the couples, personally i beleive it, but recent stuff made me think abt it in depth.

The recent fire accident in trichy on a marriage occasion, jaathagam ellam paarthu thaanae antha guy and girlkkum fix panni irupaanga.. evalavu poorutham paarthu irupaanga.. Ellam ok aanala appuram thanae they decided to marry. but irunthum it happened. Jaathagam tru'a irunthu irunthaa ithu nadantyhu iruka kudaathu right.

So jaathakathai has nothing to do with problems. Because thats the one thing we cant prove

But caste appadi illai. We know that if everyone let go of castes it will bring a great change to the society and problems will be reduced. Mael jaathi keel jaathi ellam poidum.. Humans humans'a pakalaam. Lovers appuram bayanthu oodi pooga vaendaam ellaina sucide pana vaendaam just because of this caste.

So Caste vidarathu thaan best :b:

Shy

silican
02-12-2004, 08:38 PM
The recent fire accident in trichy on a marriage occasion, jaathagam ellam paarthu thaanae antha guy and girlkkum fix panni irupaanga.. evalavu poorutham paarthu irupaanga.. Ellam ok aanala appuram thanae they decided to marry. but irunthum it happened. Jaathagam tru'a irunthu irunthaa ithu nadantyhu iruka kudaathu right.

Wow. :yes: That was a really wonderful point... :b:

Silican

suha
02-13-2004, 12:07 AM
shy akka nalla soninga :clap: :sm08:

venky1974
02-13-2004, 12:43 AM
I voted for Jaathagam.

First, I am all for Caste abolishment.

Given the situation, Horoscope Matching has a better chance of a couple to live happily than caste. The reason I am saying this is because.

1, With the horoscopes being matched, there are reasons to believe that things will go well as per studies of Astrology.

The recent fire accident in trichy on a marriage occasion, jaathagam ellam paarthu thaanae antha guy and girlkkum fix panni irupaanga.. evalavu poorutham paarthu irupaanga.. Ellam ok aanala appuram thanae they decided to marry. but irunthum it happened. Jaathagam tru'a irunthu irunthaa ithu nadantyhu iruka kudaathu right

Shy, I think in this case the Horoscopes were matched for the couples to live happliy and not the environment in which they were subjected to. Environment/the place/the person who may have been responsible for or due to a group of ppl, who's carelessness or any unsafe act in the kitchen could have casued the blaze. So what ever the reason may have been, the circumstances was the interference. This interference will cause a change in their life. (I have no cornoe knowledge in Astrology, but I think it could be a logical ).

2. PPl from the same cast tend to get along well as their rituals/way of living/eating habbits/custom & traditions etc etc tend to match better then ppl from different caste.( Considering that no prior Love is involved)

But caste appadi illai. We know that if everyone let go of castes it will bring a great change to the society and problems will be reduced. Mael jaathi keel jaathi ellam poidum.. Humans humans'a pakalaam. Lovers appuram bayanthu oodi pooga vaendaam ellaina sucide pana vaendaam just because of this caste

Very good Point and I agree 100%. This is good for social reform and we are with you on this..

but Patti Mandram le this does not hold ground :ee:

Cheers,

Comenaughty
02-13-2004, 07:12 AM
i feel if u r going for an arranged marriage, both jadagam and jaathi are IMPORTANT.... ppl need to have to understnad wat exactly is an arranged marriage....its not jus a marriage of a guy and a girl, but a marriage between 2 families.... the younger generation here are in for "caste abolishment" and "horoscope abolishment"....but tell me, do ur parent think the same? when u go for arranged marriage, parents satisfaction are taken in to consideration and they play a crucial role.....

if you are a hindu guy here, will ur parents select a christian girl in an arranged marriage?
so, think for a moment about the practicality be4 answering :)..... coz the situation here is arranged marriage and NOT love leading to an arranged marriage :)

katteri
02-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Naughty ,
Things change in course of time , the exact time to be taken for change cant be predicted..
As u said younger genretaion r in for abolishment of caste & hscope..
Remember these younger gens r tomorrows faimlies in the society.

sofiadorathy
02-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Jaathi irandoliya verillai....

apdi-nu paadi irukkaaanga....Bharathiyaar thaaan-nu nenaikkiren...avarukku theriyaaathathu ethuvum illa-nu nenailkkiren....so first jaathi-ya ozhikkanum-nu nenaikkiren....

ivlo thaaan namma reason....yaarum kochukkatheenga .... enakku avlavaa patti mandratha pathi theriyaathu

Be Happy...

suha
02-13-2004, 03:30 PM
sofi naa yen idea solitein jaathiye vitudlaam solli.......... paaru inga naamblaam yaar yaar yenna religion ne terilla.. yellorum happy ya irrukkum appo yein marrige ku matum relgion problem varudhu ?

parents against saidhu marrige panna kudadhu ........avanga permissionoda........ vera jathi piyanna.... ponnu ....illa........ ponna piyano marrige panlaam illiya. naa soluradhu correct ta?

katteri
02-13-2004, 04:10 PM
sofi naa yen idea solitein jaathiye vitudlaam solli.......... paaru inga naamblaam yaar yaar yenna religion ne terilla.. yellorum happy ya irrukkum appo yein marrige ku matum relgion problem varudhu ?

parents against saidhu marrige panna kudadhu ........avanga permissionoda........ vera jathi piyanna.... ponnu ....illa........ ponna piyano marrige panlaam illiya. naa soluradhu correct ta?
Suha onnu sollran ...
We maintain a distance athu than enna religion appadinraaa pechukeee vazhi illai but .Family la appaid illai.. if u want to stay away from the family& relatives inter religion marriage intre caste maraige o problem illai (exception if parents accept these).

sri_gan
02-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Intha parungappa.. I already told this is not about love marriage, athellam inga vanthu sollathenga...

This is about a typical arranged marriage situation, parents ellam forward thinking type ellam kidaiyathu very normal thingking.

Smootha marriage mudiyanum athuvum manasula vachikonga.. summa forward thinking nu sollitu ooru kule prechaniyum vara kudathu... amma solliputten.

katteri
02-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Nan solla ruthu irrelevant irunthaluma konjam sinthi veidyathu...
Thirumanthirkkaaa kathaalai vidalam...velaii vidaalam...Annal appa+amma vai vidaa koodathu

Comenaughty
02-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Naughty ,
Things change in course of time , the exact time to be taken for change cant be predicted..
As u said younger genretaion r in for abolishment of caste & hscope..
Remember these younger gens r tomorrows faimlies in the society.

katteri,
we can c tomorrow's issues tomm.....people cant keep their word/keep up promises made for 1 week..... u want me to believe that the people here who say "lets abolish caste system, throw away horoscope crap" will keep their word after 25 years?????? keeping that secondary, shall we come back to the primary topic...... currently, do u really think ur parents or relatives will throw away either one?????? 1 in 10 chance that they will do that.....

Shy
02-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Shy, I think in this case the Horoscopes were matched for the couples to live happliy and not the environment in which they were subjected to. Environment/the place/the person who may have been responsible for or due to a group of ppl, who's carelessness or any unsafe act in the kitchen could have casued the blaze. So what ever the reason may have been, the circumstances was the interference. This interference will cause a change in their life. (I have no cornoe knowledge in Astrology, but I think it could be a logical ).

No Venky, yean solraen kaelungo.. Happily ever after right??? but they couldnt get married itself.. Evanga rendu paerum saernthu appadi avanga kanakku pootathae thappu aachae??? They will never be togethernu ellai soli irukanum sollungo?

Also unsafe act of someone yes.. thats practical way of looking it.. but abasagunamnu solraangalae athai.. Jaathagam not only predicts how they are going to lead a life together.. but also if they can be together too

Very good Point and I agree 100%. This is good for social reform and we are with you on this..

but Patti Mandram le this does not hold ground

Venky comedy vaeraiyaa ithula..pathukuraen ungalai :)

Shy

Shy
02-13-2004, 05:35 PM
i feel if u r going for an arranged marriage, both jadagam and jaathi are IMPORTANT.... ppl need to have to understnad wat exactly is an arranged marriage....its not jus a marriage of a guy and a girl, but a marriage between 2 families.... the younger generation here are in for "caste abolishment" and "horoscope abolishment"....but tell me, do ur parent think the same? when u go for arranged marriage, parents satisfaction are taken in to consideration and they play a crucial role.....

if you are a hindu guy here, will ur parents select a christian girl in an arranged marriage?
so, think for a moment about the practicality be4 answering :)..... coz the situation here is arranged marriage and NOT love leading to an arranged marriage :)

Naughty, I am not talking abt what should happen now itself.. parents, grandparents ellam older generation, you can never make them accept abt this throwing off stuff now... but what we are saying can happen to this generation.. we can do it, our future generation can do it.

Parents obviouslty now wont accept if u bring a muslim or christian girl to the house. Becase they have been brought up like that, avanga thinking is like that.. but namba appadi irukanumnu ellai right.. also the future..

Eppo sollunga.. as a person what u will let go, if at all u what to'nu :)

Shy

Comenaughty
02-13-2004, 05:35 PM

shy,
as a person interested in knowing the science of horoscope, i wanna add some points here..... when u go for predictions thru horoscope,

1.... its 80-85% true....
2.... different ppl make differnet predictions...however ppl well versed make similar (if not exact) predictions...
3.... horoscope CANNOT predict exact time and date.... atleast the normal astrologers cannot...
4.... fate is beyond horoscope.... one can predict that the life line is weak and can face difficulties in life, some of them even threatening the life....its jus fate which makes u sail thru or get caught in it..... an astrologer cannot predict "dude, u gonna be hit by a mercedes C-22o car on I-110 freeway at 12:10 PM"..... it can only go to the extent of telling "this period of so and so is risky and care shud be taken.

so, its a predictive science..... and personally i have cn predictions made by eminent astrologers come true word to word.... its fate which saves/leaves us from/to death

Shy
02-13-2004, 05:39 PM
katteri,
we can c tomorrow's issues tomm.....people cant keep their word/keep up promises made for 1 week..... u want me to believe that the people here who say "lets abolish caste system, throw away horoscope crap" will keep their word after 25 years?????? keeping that secondary, shall we come back to the primary topic...... currently, do u really think ur parents or relatives will throw away either one?????? 1 in 10 chance that they will do that.....

Thats wrong naughty... yaen ungalukae oru marriage nadanthu ;) because u are samiyaar right.. tomorrow.. neenga either jaathagam ellai jaathi pakamaa wont u marry ur children??? U really life ur friends daughjter to be in DIL, but jaathagam sariyaa illai, appo wont u let go of that and if u son likes wont u accept that marriage? Same thing with caste. Promises different, mentality thoughts different.

Neegalum unga parents mathiri jaathagam, jaathi paarthu thaan ennoda childrenkku amrriage pani vaepaenu think panrathu thaan discussion.. because its in ur hands right... may be right now u cant bring any other girl other than ur jaathi to the home, coz ur parents wont accept.. but u no need to follow that to ur children too.. isnt???

Shy

katteri
02-13-2004, 05:45 PM
[stream:4550e0e591]http://images.indymedia.org/imc/ontario/boys_-_girl_friends.mp3[/stream:4550e0e591]
Nallai ethirparthu than nam vazharomm

Shy
02-13-2004, 05:55 PM
shy,
as a person interested in knowing the science of horoscope, i wanna add some points here..... when u go for predictions thru horoscope,

1.... its 80-85% true....
2.... different ppl make differnet predictions...however ppl well versed make similar (if not exact) predictions...
3.... horoscope CANNOT predict exact time and date.... atleast the normal astrologers cannot...
4.... fate is beyond horoscope.... one can predict that the life line is weak and can face difficulties in life, some of them even threatening the life....its jus fate which makes u sail thru or get caught in it..... an astrologer cannot predict "dude, u gonna be hit by a mercedes C-22o car on I-110 freeway at 12:10 PM"..... it can only go to the extent of telling "this period of so and so is risky and care shud be taken.

so, its a predictive science..... and personally i have cn predictions made by eminent astrologers come true word to word.... its fate which saves/leaves us from/to death

naughty... 100% paaka mudiyumoo.. elali neenga solra mathiri 80-85% paakuraangaloo.. my question is..in jaathagam cant they know that they can never be together at all? when they arent going to be married and lead a life at all.. how can they predict that after marriage epapdi irupaanga etc etc..

Shy

venky1974
02-13-2004, 06:09 PM
my question is..in jaathagam cant they know that they can never be together at all?

Shy,

Where the planets are placed and how they are going to move during the life term of the person and how these planets will influence the life of a person can only be studied by Astrology. It can't say this is the place you are going to stay at this latitude and lingitude and you will have this and that ..these things can't be said.

Like wise when horoscopes are matched these are the things that are seen for the both of them.

The main thing here is that when horoscopes are matched they see that, both the charts dont counteract each other's planets. Like Saturn for eg. Sani.. if you are having sani dasha and your spouse also has sani dasha at the same time..things will not work out..

All calculations are based on these things..

So to answer your question.. (My understanding) probably not possible. :think: :think: ..its matching to see how good can both the horoscopes can be together and not if or not they will be together.

For eg.. My horoscopes can mathch with 4-5 girls but i marry only one girl. Horoscopes cant say 110% that this is the girl you are going to be married to.. Off course there is an instance in Ramayana that Rama's Horscope and Sita's horoscope matched 32/32 (North Indian) and 10/10 (South India) , in such cases yes..may be you can say that sita was the only one Lord Rama could marry.

Cheers,[/quote]

Comenaughty
02-13-2004, 07:25 PM
when they arent going to be married and lead a life at all.. how can they predict that after marriage epapdi irupaanga etc etc..

u havent read my post properly....fate is beyond predictions of horoscope.... there cud have been a possibility that both of them had bad phase in their horoscope..... and bad phases can lead to anything.....from a sprain in ur leg to death....but wats gonna happen, no one can tell... one can jus predict that care shud be taken.....

Shy
02-13-2004, 07:31 PM
when they arent going to be married and lead a life at all.. how can they predict that after marriage epapdi irupaanga etc etc..

u havent read my post properly....fate is beyond predictions of horoscope.... there cud have been a possibility that both of them had bad phase in their horoscope..... and bad phases can lead to anything.....from a sprain in ur leg to death....but wats gonna happen, no one can tell... one can jus predict that care shud be taken.....

Naughty, I am not saying abt fate. What u said is true, fate cannot be determined.. I am saying the same thing, so does other factors like they can be hapily everafter. Jaathagam cant predict that too. Individual eppadi vaenna irukalaam.. just because they have 10 porutham doesnt mean they will never divorce or they will lead a fairy tale life.....

Shy

Shy
02-13-2004, 07:36 PM
All calculations are based on these things..

So to answer your question.. (My understanding) probably not possible. :think: :think: ..its matching to see how good can both the horoscopes can be together and not if or not they will be together.

For eg.. My horoscopes can mathch with 4-5 girls but i marry only one girl. Horoscopes cant say 110% that this is the girl you are going to be married to.. Off course there is an instance in Ramayana that Rama's Horscope and Sita's horoscope matched 32/32 (North Indian) and 10/10 (South India) , in such cases yes..may be you can say that sita was the only one Lord Rama could marry.

Thats right venky, But I know people can alsi say if they can be together. onlinela engaavathu irunthaa paarthu solraen.. example.. 8 poorutham irukalaam oru couplekku.. but if its sevai dhoosham.. they will never proceed to see porutham at all.. right??? sevai dhoosham irunthaa kuudaathu solroom ellai..athu mathiri solraen.. Jaathagam'la not just the compatibility but also if they can be lead a life together kuuda solalaam..

Shy

Comenaughty
02-13-2004, 07:41 PM
though much debated, but its a fact.... arranged marriage have led to much lesser number of divorces compared with love marriage.... jus go around and find abt divorcees.... u will know that its a recent trend amongst ppl who have gone in for love marriage.... im not telling love marriage is wrong..... but, compared with arranged marriage with jadagam porutham, love marriage has resulted in more divorces...

and 10 points are watever doesnt happen that frequently.... ppl go in for anything above 6 matches.... im pretty sure if u make 100 arranged marriages without c'ing horoscope in india, then we will compete with US on the number of divorce applications :lol:

venky1974
02-13-2004, 07:43 PM
but if its sevai dhoosham.. they will never proceed to see porutham at all.. right??? sevai dhoosham irunthaa kuudaathu solroom ellai..athu mathiri solraen..

Kuudaathu nu solaradhu dan..aanal..they can marry with the person of the opp.gender if that person also has sevai dosham. That is possible.

Jaathagam'la not just the compatibility but also if they can be lead a life together kuuda solalaam..

Lead a life together muttam illai...rendum per sendhe sandai gandai podaama irrupange pakkalam. :D ok Va..

Cheers,

Shy
02-13-2004, 07:56 PM
side track,

naughty, I am totally angry with u.. ungalukku kaaga, unga thalaivar return ellam post panni irukaen.. Eppadi aniyaayama samiyaar avatar yaeduthuteengala :(

Back,

Naughty, I cant agree with u on that... arranged marriage has its own problems.. we cant compare love marriage we have in india with marriages that happen in USA. period.. enga irukara dating concept ellam we dont have back there.. apart from kadalai love.. there are many sincere love happenign back there..

Plus arranged marriage'la less divorce yaaru sonna... jaathgam poorutham ellam paarthu marriage paninaalm pudungindu ooodura couples undu theriyumoo!!!

Shy

aburvaraagam
02-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Ennai porthavarai indha rendai vida varadhatchanai ketkardho vaangardho vidalam....... :wink:

hilizbabe
02-13-2004, 08:48 PM
I voted for Jaathi,Because once u cross the boder of Jaathi automatically there is no Jaathagam.
This is my opinion.Hope it doesnt offent anyone.

sri_gan
02-13-2004, 09:53 PM
I think now the topic makes its good ground work.

Now Let me give you some situations to analyze. Oru oru situation a pogalam.

Ippo the internet based matrimonials famous airuche, oru ponnoda jathagam pakuranga payyanukku match perfecta ahuthu anna ponnu avanga caste illai.

Ippadi oru situation unga vettula nadantha nenga enna pannuvenga nu sollunga, if the parent refuse eppadi convince pannuvenga.. ellarum youngsters nu think panni kekuren.

I don't want big social reform statments (since you voted for something), oru family levelukku think panni answer pannunga, but stay on your stands.

I usually don't believe in advises telling and taking ;) (oorukku onnu unakku onnu enakku vendam), I will bring more situations like this.

suha
02-14-2004, 03:12 AM
sofi,

inga 2,3 post kaanom........ yenga pochu :think: acho yepadi pochu unoda 2 post yenoda 2 post kaanom :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

sofiadorathy
02-14-2004, 03:57 AM
aaagha inga periya pottiyae poguthe....ippa pesalena pinnaaadi pesave mudiyaathu....

ok ennoda vote vanthu jaathikku thaan...jaaathi-ya thaan oru manushan first first azhikkanum....kalappu thirumanatha 100% kondu varanum....

ippa 4 jaathi irukku-nu vachukkalaam...athule Iyers eduthukanga....ethana peru onna irukeenga....pakkathu veetule irukkavan iyer-aa irunthaa mattum thaan pesuraan........ithu Iyer veetule mattum illa ella jaathi-le yum irukku....

medicine-le oru studies about genes irukku...I mean Genetics...hope everyone knows about it....athu-le irunthu thaan sontham(relation-le) kalyaanam panna kooodathu-nu solli irukkaaanga....of course avunga avunga jaaathi-le irukka ella makkalum sontham thaane....apdina avungalukku marriage panni kodutha purakkura kozhanthai-kku physical distrubance irumkkum-le....so jaathiya vittu marriage pannunga...kudumbathoda santhoshamaa irunga

naan sonnathu yaarukkum puriyaathu-nu nenaikkiren....nalla unnippa manasa sithara vidaama padinga puriyum...lol

sofi,

inga 2,3 post kaanom........ yenga pochu acho yepadi pochu unoda 2 post yenoda 2 post kaanom

first page-le irukku suha...check pannikooo

Be Happy...

hygeia
02-15-2004, 02:38 PM
i voted for JATHAGAM

cause in my view, out of the given situation,
1)since it being a arranged marriage - elders are involved and it is not so easy that they give up something in which they have been thriving all these years.
2)it is a feasible thing that even elders do accept to some extent when compared with caste / jaathi.
3)jaathagam is the place where more lenience can be expected (when u have a situation to leave one) in comparison with jaathi - as it is only a way of matching peoples compatibility. u cant say that all couples have all the 10 compatibilities (even people with 3 also marry). so with some adjustment in social life (that too in arranged marriage), they can live happily.

Hence in an ARRANGED MARRIAGE it is easier to give lenience towards jaathagam, when compared to jaathi.

நன்றி !

i too am against all sort of caste / racial / sex discriminations.

sofiadorathy
02-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Hygeia ....welcome to geetham with ur pleasant post.....

I m in ur opposing party....

elders are involved and it is not so easy that they give up something in which they have been thriving all these years.

the same thing happens in Jaathi also illayaa????
the same elder ppls are involved in that....solla pona even small adults too....I mean 18-20 years aged ppls....jaathi-kku thaaan kalavaram varuthu....

Jaathagathukkaaaha oru kalavaram vanthu irukku-nu sollunga paarpom....jaathi kalavarathule ethana appaaavi uyir bali aaguthu....jaathagathule apdi illaye.....Actually both should be dumped into the mud....but according to Authors post just Jaathi is more dangerous thaaan jaathagam

Be Happy...

hygeia
02-15-2004, 03:34 PM
elders are involved and it is not so easy that they give up something in which they have been thriving all these years.

the same elder ppls are involved in that....solla pona even small adults too....I mean 18-20 years aged ppls....jaathi-kku thaaan kalavaram varuthu....

Jaathagathukkaaaha oru kalavaram vanthu irukku-nu sollunga paarpom....jaathi kalavarathule ethana appaaavi uyir bali aaguthu....jaathagathule apdi illaye.....Actually both should be dumped into the mud....but according to Authors post just Jaathi is more dangerous thaaan jaathagam

Be Happy...

sofia i absolutely mean no offence please, but i wanna ask is the topic about making a marriage possible or about discussing which is dangerous- jaathi parkarathaa illa jaathagam parkarathaa???

because my answer is directed to make the marriage possible, if an actual situation is so.

though in general sense, what u say is true that jaathi gets out more riots than jaathagam. BUT my answer is purely oriented towards HOW TO MAKE THIS MARRIAGE POSSIBLE - when u have two options either to leave jaathi or to leave jaathagam.

hope i am clear and u understand me please :D

நன்றி

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 03:50 PM
sofi,

inga 2,3 post kaanom........ yenga pochu :think: acho yepadi pochu unoda 2 post yenoda 2 post kaanom :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

This is second Page. Ofcourse your posts are in the first page.

Please don't make the topic thread into personal mode, if you have question ask one of the mods, PM SHY, Avanga help pannuvanga.

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 04:04 PM
though in general sense, what u say is true that jaathi gets out more riots than jaathagam. BUT my answer is purely oriented towards HOW TO MAKE THIS MARRIAGE POSSIBLE - when u have two options either to leave jaathi or to leave jaathagam.

hygeia,

Welcome to Geetham Family forums.

You have a strong point bolded with, Perfect argument.

Ithukku enna solla porenga, jathiya vitturalamnu vote pottavanga.

At the end we need to marriage to happen and as I mentioned before we are not at social reforms.

So answer pannunga, and give us solutions from the points you voted for.

anitam
02-15-2004, 04:10 PM
enna porutha varaikum... entha rendaiyum vida avasiyame illai... vidarathukku neraiya vishayam irukku......
like varathatshanai..as aburvaraagam said.

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 04:17 PM
enna porutha varaikum... entha rendaiyum vida avasiyame illai... vidarathukku neraiya vishayam irukku......
like varathatshanai..as aburvaraagam said.

Anitam,

Correct than. But this is from the Mappillai Point of view and the Topic is very clearly runs between the two.

Sorry, Here We have no options like none of the above.

So ithula ethavathu onnai vitta seikiram ponnu kidaikkum nu mappillai piriyapaduraru, athukku than intha topic.

anitam
02-15-2004, 04:26 PM
So ithula ethavathu onnai vitta seikiram ponnu kidaikkum nu mappillai piriyapaduraru, athukku than intha topic.

Yen mappillai ethavathu vidrathile irukkar ?

vidrathu nalla vishayama iruntha sari.. so yennaala vote-poda mudila....sari poonu ethayavathu vidrangla..atha sollunga mothalla.

gokulan42
02-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Sri, I like some of your intellectual posts and topics. Here also, I like the topic but not the poll options. It is like asking which one we should avoid giving to kids with the options of alocohol & drugs. Tell me what will you choose?

We should get rid of all the superstitious things like jathi, jathakam, religion, satangu, sambrathayam and other nonsense. Except the bride/groom, you can afford to lose anything for the marriage ;)

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Yen mappillai ethavathu vidrathile irukkar ?

Ennala sirippa adakka mudiyalai.... First post padichingala padikalaiya.....

I gave a reason why mappillai says that.

vidrathu nalla vishayama iruntha sari.. so yennaala vote-poda mudila....sari poonu ethayavathu vidrangla..atha sollunga mothalla.

Itha parunga ithellam over theriyumla... ponnu kidaikalai nu avan avan ethavathu vidalamnu suthikittu irrukan nenga enna puthusa "poonu ethayavathu vidrangla" nu ketta naan enna pathil solla mudiyum?

Ennala srippa adakka mudiyalai.

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Sri, I like some of your intellectual posts and topics. Here also, I like the topic but not the poll options. It is like asking which one we should avoid giving to kids with the options of alocohol & drugs. Tell me what will you choose?

We should get rid of all the superstitious things like jathi, jathakam, religion, satangu, sambrathayam and other nonsense. Except the bride/groom, you can afford to lose anything for the marriage ;)

Gokul,

This is meant to be a funny topic and ofcourse it is getting funnier now after anitam contributed.

Actually since I opened the topic, I'm the naduvaar of this patti mandram ennoda vote sollita.. this topic will end and people voted pro and against will say that naduvaar was onesided.

Theerpu sollu pothu mattum than naan varuven... athuvarikkaum topic continue ahum.

I guess you know what is patti mandram.

gokulan42
02-15-2004, 05:31 PM

Gokul,

This is meant to be a funny topic and ofcourse it is getting funnier now after anitam contributed.

Actually since I opened the topic, I'm the naduvaar of this patti mandram ennoda vote sollita.. this topic will end and people voted pro and against will say that naduvaar was onesided.

Theerpu sollu pothu mattum than naan varuven... athuvarikkaum topic continue ahum.

I guess you know what is patti mandram.

I wanted to participate in this debate. Unfortunately I could not take sides in principle. However, I will take the opposite side of Sofia D ;)

gokulan42
02-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Hygeia ....welcome to geetham with ur pleasant post.....

I m in ur opposing party....

Be Happy...
Sofia, please do not think I am taking on you. I take this side because I like you very much :) Well, I liked Shy too. But, Sri, Anainar & Silican destroyed any friednship that I had planned with Shy :)

Back to the topic:
Once you said arranged marraige, tell me the probability of jathi getting rejected. However, there is a very high possibility of jathagam getting rejected. Infact, elders preferred to do this when they are satisfied with the status, frienship(closeness), political power and what not.

What I am saying, throwing the jathi is 'near' impossible in an arrange marriage than that of Jathagam. And, throwing out Jathagam is the first step towards elimination of jathi and other such nonsense.

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Side track::::

But, Sri, Anainar & Silican destroyed any friednship that I had planned with Shy :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Seri baa what is "fried 'n' ship"??? pease expain :D.

Main track:::

What I am saying, throwing the jathi is 'near' impossible in an arrange marriage than that of Jathagam. And, throwing out Jathagam is the first step towards elimination of jathi and other such nonsense.

mmm... I disagree here dude. Jathagam is no were related to Jathi.

Jathagam is mathematical calculation based on the planets revolving round the earth, athukkum jathikkum inna sambantham nu seriya puriyalai, can you explain further.

I don't think jathagam is the first step in elimination of jathi, even in west they have horoscopes which is nothing but jathagam... not syncing properly.

anainar
02-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Sofia, please do not think I am taking on you. I take this side because I like you very much Well, I liked Shy too. But, Sri, Anainar & Silican destroyed any friednship that I had planned with Shy

Ada paavi Gokul, kadaiseela enga thalaiyai urutareenga! Ennavo oru ideaoda alayareenga, nadathunga. :lol:

How does jathi and jathagam relate dude? Horoscope is used in some form or the other by every jathi and religeon. So, that is independent of jathi.

One thing though Sri, is in arranged marriage chances of jathi becoming a villain is very remote. In the first place parents will not go away from jathi. They will see only in the same jaathi. So how does that come in the first place? The only thing that can be thrown out is Jaathagam.

Cheers

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 06:49 PM
One thing though Sri, is in arranged marriage chances of jathi becoming a villain is very remote. In the first place parents will not go away from jathi. They will see only in the same jaathi. So how does that come in the first place? The only thing that can be thrown out is Jaathagam.

Arumuganainar ,

Naan oru situation koduthu irrukken parunga, Athe base panni partha ungalukku puriyum.

Actually that happened 'cause of technology development matrimonial websites.

gokulan42
02-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Main track:::

mmm... I disagree here dude. Jathagam is no were related to Jathi.

Jathagam is mathematical calculation based on the planets revolving round the earth, athukkum jathikkum inna sambantham nu seriya puriyalai, can you explain further.

I don't think jathagam is the first step in elimination of jathi, even in west they have horoscopes which is nothing but jathagam... not syncing properly.

The main sambantham between caste & horoscope (particularly IN TAMILNADU) is its superstitious nature. Have you heard about, 'If you marry this gal, your father will die' kinda crap. I never believed in this crap. How comes horoscope can tell you how much higher stufies you will do and how much wealth you can make.

Presence of little horoscope in west does not mean, it is OK to have in India. Dowry crap is there in west too. Yes, female side is responsible for wedding and some dowry too. That does not mean, it is good. But, they are not that superstitious to decide on there wedding. do they?

I read some articles on how fliuds in our body can be responsible for any effects due to the alignment of other planets with respect to earth. But, that is nothing to do with wedding or possible death of your parents or other close relatives.

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 07:22 PM
The main sambantham between caste & horoscope (particularly IN TAMILNADU) is its superstitious nature. Have you heard about, 'If you marry this gal, your father will die' kinda crap. I never believed in this crap. How comes horoscope can tell you how much higher stufies you will do and how much wealth you can make.

Presence of little horoscope in west does not mean, it is OK to have in India. Dowry crap is there in west too. Yes, female side is responsible for wedding and some dowry too. That does not mean, it is good. But, they are not that superstitious to decide on there wedding. do they?

I read some articles on how fliuds in our body can be responsible for any effects due to the alignment of other planets with respect to earth. But, that is nothing to do with wedding or possible death of your parents or other close relatives.

Ellam seri. Still I don't see a connection even if you want to do a social reform.

Jathagam illamal porathu first step for aboloshing jathi nu sonnegale thats why we asked that question, I guess, we didn't get the answer yet in that perspective.

If you agree to the bolded point , Marriage is nothing but celebration of a communion of two bodies for their rest of their life with love as driving force.

Oru body kke influence irrukkum pothu rendu body serntha infulence irrukatha?

How can you prove it has nothing to do with the wedding?

gokulan42
02-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Sofia, please do not think I am taking on you. I take this side because I like you very much Well, I liked Shy too. But, Sri, Anainar & Silican destroyed any friednship that I had planned with Shy

Ada paavi Gokul, kadaiseela enga thalaiyai urutareenga! Ennavo oru ideaoda alayareenga, nadathunga. :lol:

Ellam unga aseervatham. No bad intentions though :)

Cheers
Right on the dot! Exactly what I am trying to say.

anainar
02-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Gokul,

Beliefs are beyond scientific rationale. There are many things that we believe in but cannot provide scientific proof. The whole concept of theology is based on that. There are many many things that we as humans cannot explain that we see everyday. Jaathagam is also a belief. Some people believe in it, some people dont. It is their individual prerogative. I dont believe in that too, but I dont call that crap, because it is sacred to some one who believes it. Whether to leave it or not is an individual's choice.

Cheers

venky1974
02-15-2004, 07:44 PM
:SIDE TRACK:

planets revolving round the earth

Ennaba Sri..Theory of Planetry system change paniteye... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:Main Track:

'If you marry this gal, your father will die' kinda crap. I never believed in this crap. How comes horoscope can tell you how much higher stufies you will do and how much wealth you can make

Gokulan,

This is your belief... IT tends to change from ppl to ppl.

Astrology studies the influence of the planets in a person's life time. IN the example you gave about the death of a father if the girl gets married..what happens is that its not just one horoscope then..its a collective situation of three horoscopes involved..once the girl gets maried it influnces the life in which she is around..

Sri, To answer to your situation on the other page.

1. I will ask my parents to believe that since the girl is overseas and educated she is vell cultured and well behaved.( Now All are well behaved.. I dont want an argument plzz.. :D )

2. I will probably tell them that she will try and learn all of our customs and traditions as soon as possible

3. Since we live overseas, Jaathi does not hold any meaning

4. If none of these are accepted I will beg and please and if still nothing happens..I will have to sit and talk to the girl and plan to see what will work best for both families..

5. I am against running from home etc etc.. so will ting of more and le tu know soon..( i.e you are not convinced that i can now marry the girl :ee: :ee: )

Cheers,

gokulan42
02-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Ellam seri. Still I don't see a connection even if you want to do a social reform.

Jathagam illamal porathu first step for aboloshing jathi nu sonnegale thats why we asked that question, I guess, we didn't get the answer yet in that perspective.
I thought I answer that. Since, Jadhagam is far easier to throw away (as the elders can be satisfied with the status, political power, friendship, closeness and other such things) than jathi and other stupid sampradhayams, it is only ideal to get rid of the first easy step, which is jadagam.

If you agree to the bolded point , Marriage is nothing but celebration of a communion of two bodies for their rest of their life with love as driving force.

Oru body kke influence irrukkum pothu rendu body serntha infulence irrukatha?

How can you prove it has nothing to do with the wedding?[/quote]
No, I dint say I agree to that. So, no point in going further than that. If that is the case, water is everywhere. Comparing the reaction of the water in our body with that of ocean is not that intelligent (though it was good to read). On top of that, marriage if more for the egos, hearts and minds of two individuals than that of the bodies. However great 1 body is to your body, if you brain has an certain averse to that body, its no match :) You can never have normal relations.

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Ennaba Sri..Theory of Planetry system change paniteye... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jathagathule Earth Rotation adichu pathu irrukengala? Athunala appadi solliten. Ippo purinchirukanume.... :sm12:

gokulan42
02-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Gokul,

Beliefs are beyond scientific rationale. There are many things that we believe in but cannot provide scientific proof. The whole concept of theology is based on that. There are many many things that we as humans cannot explain that we see everyday. Jaathagam is also a belief. Some people believe in it, some people dont. It is their individual prerogative. I dont believe in that too, but I dont call that crap, because it is sacred to some one who believes it. Whether to leave it or not is an individual's choice.

Cheers

Venky/Anainar, I agree that there are no proofs for so many of our beleives. I apologize to anyone, who is hurt by my statements (that were written mainly for argument).

sri_gan
02-15-2004, 08:00 PM
No, I dint say I agree to that. So, no point in going further than that. If that is the case, water is everywhere. Comparing the reaction of the water in our body with that of ocean is not that intelligent (though it was good to read).

So you just brought it for fun :D.

On top of that, marriage if more for the egos, hearts and minds of two individuals than that of the bodies.

4 words covers thats, "Driving Force as Love"

I answered for Arumuganainar's quistin how it was related fpr this topic.

elango_krishnan
02-15-2004, 08:47 PM
I personally vote for jadagam........
nowadays lot of people are easy going on jadai
but very few are going ahead without jadagam for marriage

Some/most of us r still trying to belive star has something to do with life...atleast our parents. to say the least people will see goodtime bad time ...all the crap.

i belive because of jadagam lot of people missed their best partners in life

I dont like the belief that I am not in control of my life.

sofiadorathy
02-16-2004, 03:33 AM
HOW TO MAKE THIS MARRIAGE POSSIBLE

really....thats a very very great and good question.....Marriage intha 2-le paatheengana Jaadhagam is quite dangerous....Jaahi apdi illa....

nalla think panni paarunga....ethana veetule ippa purushan , pondaati jaathagam paakuraaanga-nu.....Jaathi-aa ozhicha ella mannum ozhinchu pogum......intha kaaalathule yaarum avlovaa jaathagatha paakurathu kidayaathu.....so neenga ketta kelvi-kku ithu bathil-nu naan nenaikkiren....I dont know what answer u have thought about....If any oppose pls reply....

Be Happy...

sofiadorathy
02-16-2004, 03:40 AM
'If you marry this gal, your father will die' kinda crap. I never believed in this crap

jiii....neengale othukutteeenga paatheengala....nalla yosichu paarunga....ippa irukka arranged marriage-le yaarum adutha jaathi pasangalukku ponna kodukkurathu illa and vice versa....intha topic-kku naan argue panna second post paarunga.....athu kozhappum but nalla padicha puriyum....check that

Be Happy...

sofiadorathy
02-16-2004, 03:46 AM
Side Track:

However, I will take the opposite side of Sofia D

wow wow wow.....enakku opponent-aa gokul-aa.....confusion topic-le pesunavara....mmm ok gokul....lets our sword ends touch the mud and have terrible blood circulation in the field.....common take ur sword I m ready to oppose u.....lol

Be Happy...

gokulan42
02-16-2004, 04:38 AM
Side Track:

However, I will take the opposite side of Sofia D

wow wow wow.....enakku opponent-aa gokul-aa.....confusion topic-le pesunavara....mmm ok gokul....lets our sword ends touch the mud and have terrible blood circulation in the field.....common take ur sword I m ready to oppose u.....lol

Be Happy...
I decided not to hurt some sentiments by commenting on jadagham. Otherwise, beleive me, I can give you 1000 arguments :)

sofiadorathy
02-16-2004, 04:44 AM
I decided not to hurt some sentiments by commenting on jadagham. Otherwise, beleive me, I can give you 1000 arguments

gokulan u can argue what ever u like , (I think so...) enakku avlovaa intha debate pathi theriyaathu...anyway bring ur 1000 points to geetham friends....pls note....I will count eacha and every points 1000 varale-na naan tension aayiduven

come on start ur game

Be Happy...

gokulan42
02-16-2004, 04:53 AM
I decided not to hurt some sentiments by commenting on jadagham. Otherwise, beleive me, I can give you 1000 arguments

gokulan u can argue what ever u like , (I think so...) enakku avlovaa intha debate pathi theriyaathu...anyway bring ur 1000 points to geetham friends....pls note....I will count eacha and every points 1000 varale-na naan tension aayiduven

come on start ur game

Be Happy...
As others observed here, some religious believes are strong and I do not want to offend anyone, which was never my intention.

However, if you really want to debate me, feel free to do so, but offline. Please, PM me if you desire. BTW, I can take any side again, either for or against Jadagam :)

sofiadorathy
02-16-2004, 04:59 AM
but Mr.gokulan this is a debate and the points given by the judge to u only by ur points....I cant understand what u mean by PM-ing like that....Thats not a good idea....the only thing is u should not use any Bad words over here....u should not wound a specific person by ur arguements....I mean sohuld not offend them much....

U can do all other things....Hope u understand my task

Be Happy...

gokulan42
02-16-2004, 05:13 AM
but Mr.gokulan this is a debate and the points given by the judge to u only by ur points....I cant understand what u mean by PM-ing like that....Thats not a good idea....the only thing is u should not use any Bad words over here....u should not wound a specific person by ur arguements....I mean sohuld not offend them much....

U can do all other things....Hope u understand my task

Be Happy...
I understand. But someimes, winning is not everything :) I let you win here and I will come back at you in some other common topic. You better be ready, ok :D

Comenaughty
02-16-2004, 07:33 AM
total side track post of relevvance (oxymoron ??? :ee:)
shy and others who go against horoscope..... u pointed out abt the fire incident in ur earlier post....and said that horoscope is nonsense that it predicted rotten stuff..... and hence horoscope shud be sunk.....

i have jus a qn to ask..... u believe in god and worship god i guess..... can u comment on the ppl who die on accident on route to tiruapti or palani or watever ???? can u comment on the hundreds who died in kumbakonam? or the thousands who die during haj every year? all these ppl meet their fate on worshipping god!!! how sad.....

still u believe in GOD, whom u think does good rite? still u worship everyday and ask for good to happen rite? still u follow the traditions and perform the functions accordingly rite?

why this disparity? y dont u throw the god who doesn't pity the poor ppl visiting him and give them death? its the same..... fate is beyond everything.... excuse me if i had been a bit harsh!

sofiadorathy
02-16-2004, 08:12 AM
I understand. But someimes, winning is not everything I let you win here and I will come back at you in some other common topic. You better be ready, ok

but gokulan I m not going to Argue in next debate....I m going to be the judge in the next Debate which starts on this Saturday with a commercial topic....hope u will argue now

Be Happy...

katteri
02-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Yov naughty enghe irunthayaa ipaadi avatar la pidikaraaa...'' Sariyanaaa avathram ma iruppee polaaa''.
Vunnoda avatar a partha sirikaamma irukka mudyilaia yaaa....
parru muncheee theriyataha alavvukkku namam..thalaila oru kondai..athuke mela oru poo

side la ayish maan bhava nu oru pose.....vera m....

gokulan42
02-16-2004, 05:34 PM
I understand. But someimes, winning is not everything I let you win here and I will come back at you in some other common topic. You better be ready, ok

but gokulan I m not going to Argue in next debate....I m going to be the judge in the next Debate which starts on this Saturday with a commercial topic....hope u will argue now

Be Happy...
Since, I am letting you off the hook now, you can give me some preference :wink: during the next debate.

However, I am now joining the jatagam team for fun :)

Now, after long and hard, I am of the opinion that we should get rid of jathi as it does not have any scintific meaning at all. Atleast, horoscope has little if not much, which we all agree.

Comenaughty
02-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Yov naughty enghe irunthayaa ipaadi avatar la pidikaraaa...'' Sariyanaaa avathram ma iruppee polaaa''.
Vunnoda avatar a partha sirikaamma irukka mudyilaia yaaa....
parru muncheee theriyataha alavvukkku namam..thalaila oru kondai..athuke mela oru poo

side la ayish maan bhava nu oru pose.....vera m....

aama...unga avatar mattum romba ozhunga? thalailiye ezhudhirkku neenga oru poli saamiyar'nu :lol:.... indha kaptain pasangale eppovum ippadi dhaan..... :lol:.....

thalaila enna unga "captainburam" kodi'ya? :lol: :lol:

Shy
02-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Konjam busy.. nalaikku varaen with my sword .. jaathiyathaan should let go :evil:

Shy

gokulan42
02-17-2004, 02:16 AM
Konjam busy.. nalaikku varaen with my sword .. jaathiyathaan should let go :evil:

Shy
There you go. Lets kill the jathi. :yes:

Shy
02-17-2004, 08:25 PM
:D Me back...

Ippo the internet based matrimonials famous airuche, oru ponnoda jathagam pakuranga payyanukku match perfecta ahuthu anna ponnu avanga caste illai.

I wont accept this in the first place sri.. because even thought internet based matrimonials are famous.. it doesnt mean jaathgam thaan is the first category in all these.. first caste categorise sanechathukku appuram thaan jaathagam paarpaanga.

So this highly impossible..But entha situation yaeduthu if we talk...

Also in the first place.. what shud we do.. jaathagamoo, jaathiyoo.. in the first place.. u should like her.. If a guy who never even seen her photo , never talked to her or know her.. why would he even care ???? paarkureengala parunga.. othu varalaiyaa ok leave it...

The reason I am saying this because.. Jaathagam paarthu marriage panraangana.. imagine.. the guy will be let known by their parents only after everythign is ok from the parents side..
So what hold does the guy have to stand upside down to marry her :)

Let me know

Shy

sri_gan
02-17-2004, 09:40 PM
I wont accept this in the first place sri.. because even thought internet based matrimonials are famous.. it doesnt mean jaathgam thaan is the first category in all these.. first caste categorise sanechathukku appuram thaan jaathagam paarpaanga.

Thooda... Nadvuaar kitta ve sword kamikireengala....

:nono:

Ethanai parents kku Internet theriyum athai sollungo... appo arranged marriage le ponnu yaaru papa? :sm12:

Ithan matter ippo puriyutha.. nadvura eppadi kelvi kettarnu.... ivalo periya interesting matter yaarume kandukalai... ellam social reform le irrukenga.

unique
02-17-2004, 09:50 PM
You know wat pesama ellarukum Love marriage suggest pannalam..in which case jaathi n jaathagam renduthaiyum vittudalam......

Sri

Onga questionku answer Internet matrimonialla summa yaaroda horoscope venumnalum eduthu paaka maatanga. Initiala they ll give their requirements and adhukku thagundha maadhiri thaan u ll get results,so idhula cleara wat caste they wantnu specify pannuvaanga,they ll select accordingly only. Summa randoma edhavenumnalum eduthu horoscope match panna maatanga. So neenga sollara situatione varadhu

sri_gan
02-17-2004, 09:57 PM
You know wat pesama ellarukum Love marriage suggest pannalam..in which case jaathi n jaathagam renduthaiyum vittudalam......

Onga questionku answer Internet matrimonialla summa yaaroda horoscope venumnalum eduthu paaka maatanga. Initiala they ll give their requirements and adhukku thagundha maadhiri thaan u ll get results,so idhula cleara wat caste they wantnu specify pannuvaanga,they ll select accordingly only. Summa randoma edhavenumnalum eduthu horoscope match panna maatanga. So neenga sollara situatione varadhu

Did you read the first post? * Please, Don't suggest love marriage here*

What i'm trying to say is even in arranged marriage nowadays technology is so improved to see irrespective of caste base.. appadi parkum patachathil nalla horoscope match oda oru ponnu kedachu caste different na....

Enna pannalam this is the situation.

Shy
02-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Thooda... Nadvuaar kitta ve sword kamikireengala....
:nono:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: naduvar thappa sonna naan questions kaepaen.. ;)

Ethanai parents kku Internet theriyum athai sollungo... appo arranged marriage le ponnu yaaru papa? :sm12:

Sri.. ok let me get this straight... example 100la 75 peopel know that they ahd to put an Ad in internet in the first place. Second internet is not for love marriages... but for arranged marriages...Love panravanga.. internet paarthu love pana vaendaam.. athuku jaathagam and jaathi parka vaendaam ... ok I dont understand ur lien that i had bolded.

Ithan matter ippo puriyutha.. nadvura eppadi kelvi kettarnu.... ivalo periya interesting matter yaarume kandukalai... ellam social reform le irrukenga.

Got to explain me more. I am completely lost :(

Shy

unique
02-17-2004, 11:25 PM

Did you read the first post? * Please, Don't suggest love marriage here*

What i'm trying to say is even in arranged marriage nowadays technology is so improved to see irrespective of caste base.. appadi parkum patachathil nalla horoscope match oda oru ponnu kedachu caste different na....

Enna pannalam this is the situation.

Sri

I think i ve answered u r question in my previous post......enna thaan technology improve aagi irundhalum if u r parents r planning to fiind a suitable match for u then they ll definitely see all the criterias(jaathi n jaathagam). Incase payano or ponno avangale thangalukku suitable match paarthuka virumbinagana in that case venumna neenga sollara maadhiri convince pannanam,but that was not u r question...amma appa paarakardhai pathi thaan solli irukeenga..so i think i ve answered for that.

Neengale sollareenga technology improve aayiduchunu....then y r u asking this question ethanai parentsku INTERNET THERIYUMNU KETKAREENGA.....Enakku therinju ippo India leye niraya per veetila PC s irukku...am not talking abt the poor people..starting with middle class. Min familyla orutharavadhu abroad la irupaanga,so INTERNET has become a necessity for them to learn,eventhough they might not be Computer freaks(sorry pa naan yaaraiyum pannalai...no offense meant).

sri_gan
02-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Shy,

You are not getting me completely.

Internet Matrimonial ads pathi solluren. Lot of guys in US have a chance to see the girls pictures as well as girls can see guys pictures.

Do you know how many matrimonial sites makes money? Avalo websites irruku theriyuma? Free logins irruku.. paid logins irrukku.. protected paid login irruku... ivalo visheyam irruku.

I'm not lieing or anything I'm talking the facts. Arranged marriage pannika vendiya payyan US or UK le irrukanga vachikuvom... avanga appa amma oru chinna gramam india le irrukanga vachikuvom, Appo enna sollurenga.

In today's life nenga kouda innoru topic le sonninga, arranged marriage na kuda talk to the bride before appadi ippadi nu dialogue vittu tu... ippo puriyalai sonna enna artham.

What i'm trying to say is, past days grroms don't have a chance to see the girl before parents see, anna inniki technology development le it happens.

If you don't know naa naan onnum panna mudiyathu..

sri_gan
02-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Shy,

Internet Matrimonial ads pathi solluren. Lot of guys in US have a chance to see the girls pictures as well as girls can see guys pictures.

Do you know how many matrimonial sites makes money? Avalo websites irruku theriyuma? Free logins irruku.. paid logins irrukku.. protected paid login irruku... ivalo visheyam irruku.

I'm not lieing or anything I'm talking the facts. Arranged marriage pannika vendiya payyan US or UK le irrukanga vachikuvom... avanga appa amma oru chinna gramam india le irrukanga vachikuvom, Appo enna sollurenga.

In today's life nenga kouda innoru topic le sonninga, arranged marriage na kuda talk to the bride before appadi ippadi nu dialogue vittu tu... ippo puriyalai sonna enna artham.

What i'm trying to say is, past days grroms don't have a chance to see the girl before parents see, anna inniki technology development le it happens.

unique
02-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Shy,

Sri

Answering to u r post

Your saying that if guy is in US or Uk or anywhere abroad....he gets a chance to see the girls photo n vice versa....Ok u ve clearly mentioned no Love marriage right...so in that case also andha payan or ponnu will not look in different caste while searching for a bride or groom.....So avane decide panninalum avanoda caste la yaaravadhu ponnu irukalanu thaan paarpaan or vice versa and then he ll ask his parents to approach the other persons parents for the routine things......in this case horoscope match aagalaina he can convince his parents that he likes this girl a lot n wuld like to marry her nu. Appadiyum othukalaina onnum panna mudiyaadhu

Shy
02-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Shy,

Sri , I totally get u.. but my missing link is this..

There are 1000 ways now for the couples to see eachother even in arranged marriage.. ellam ok.. but in this arranged marriage... are the parents or the guy that blind to browse a different caste girl and ask their parents to get the jaathagam and then after both of the parents side comparing the jaagatham and its clicked very prefectly..., then they finally came to know that they are different caste :think:

Shy

sri_gan
02-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Shy,

Lets take a practical situation.

Mappillai Velli nattule irrukar.. US or UK etho onnu nalla sambarikirar... marriage pannurom nu vettula solluranga.. aarva kolarule ellam register panni some age difference vachu .. illa sila ponnunga mappillai avanga details forward panni irrukalam la..

There are millions of possibilities (*nadakathu sollathinga*)

Appadi pathathule oru ponnu jathagam nalla perfecta match ahuthu vachikivom... anna vera caste nu late a theriya varuthu... ithan naan kodutha situation...

Vote pottavnaga sollungappa.... ithellam...;)

Naduvaar kuzhathai nu theriyatha.....

Shy
02-18-2004, 01:18 AM
Shy,

Mappillai Velli nattule irrukar.. US or UK etho onnu nalla sambarikirar... marriage pannurom nu vettula solluranga.. aarva kolarule ellam register panni some age difference vachu .. illa sila ponnunga mappillai avanga details forward panni irrukalam la..

Appadi pathathule oru ponnu jathagam nalla perfecta match ahuthu vachikivom... anna vera caste nu late a theriya varuthu... ithan naan kodutha situation...

Sri.. getting settled is not a joke or some yaenoo thaanoo'nu panra vaelai.. So a guy or whoever searching wont be that blind to miss the caste..

Next gimme one site in this entire internet which first gives u the jaathagam to search ur bride/groom for and then u show u the caste

This is again as i said highly impossible.. internet'la jaagatham paarthu then caste confuse aaga chanceae ellai... may be other way round.. caste ellam ok.. each other like very much.. but jaathagam oothu poogalai sollunga..will think that as a practical situation...

But jaathagam ok and caste different in a practical internet stuff .. :nono: :nono:

Shy

arunsharavan
02-18-2004, 02:09 AM
Thirumanathirkaaga Jaadhiyai vidalaam, to an extent Jaadhagathayum vidalaam...But Sri, u have forgot one more thing...That is "Ego". Yes, we have to give up our big Ego(if we have) for our spouse!!!.

Arun

unique
02-18-2004, 02:20 AM
Shy,

Sri.. getting settled is not a joke or some yaenoo thaanoo'nu panra vaelai.. So a guy or whoever searching wont be that blind to miss the caste..

Next gimme one site in this entire internet which first gives u the jaathagam to search ur bride/groom for and then u show u the caste

This is again as i said highly impossible.. internet'la jaagatham paarthu then caste confuse aaga chanceae ellai... may be other way round.. caste ellam ok.. each other like very much.. but jaathagam oothu poogalai sollunga..will think that as a practical situation...

But jaathagam ok and caste different in a practical internet stuff .. :nono: :nono:

Shy

Shy

Neenga sonnadhaiye thaan naan munnadi cleana explain panni iruken i think SRI missed reading it.....thirumba adhe doubt ketkaarar........Internet la register pannum podhe u give caste etc. Maybe neenga caste pathi kavalai padadhavara irundha u might not mention u r caste. But since u say it is arranged marriage then obviously u tend to give u r caste there.Also not necessarily jaathagam shuld be there in the ad given in internet,verumna contact details mattum koduthirukalam asking them to approach. Eppadi irundhalum SRI neenga sollara situation is not possible.

sri_gan
02-18-2004, 02:27 AM
Unique,

I'm not asking any sobuts, I'm just giving the situation.

Ellam correct nuga nenga ellam kodupeenga.. search pannum pothu the scope is not limited I guess 'cause those are variables.. most probably age difference than kepenaga in websites.. caste um sollalam but that is advanced search... correcta?

So i'm not at doubt... I gave a situation like that ....

Hope you guys end the speculation about the situation and try to sort the solution based on your votes pa :snooty:

unique
02-18-2004, 02:37 AM
Unique,

I'm not asking any sobuts, I'm just giving the situation.

Ellam correct nuga nenga ellam kodupeenga.. search pannum pothu the scope is not limited I guess 'cause those are variables.. most probably age difference than kepenaga in websites.. caste um sollalam but that is advanced search... correcta?

So i'm not at doubt... I gave a situation like that ....

Hope you guys end the speculation about the situation and try to sort the solution based on your votes pa :snooty:

Sri

Naanum niraya websites matrimonial websites la register panni search panni iruken(for eg:tamilmatrimony,kalayanamaal ai.net) for my sister....pannindu iruken.....so anga enna choices irukunu ennakum theriyum...adhai therinju thaan am counter arguing.....andha confidence la thaan sollaren while searching caste will be available u don t have to go to advanced search for that. Moreover advanced search is also for free member. Only viewing photo or viewing horoscope is for paid members....So still there ll not be situation as u ve mentioned.

gokulan42
02-18-2004, 03:28 AM
Sri

Naanum niraya websites matrimonial websites la register panni search panni iruken(for eg:tamilmatrimony,kalayanamaal ai.net) for my sister....pannindu iruken.....so anga enna choices irukunu ennakum theriyum...adhai therinju thaan am counter arguing.....andha confidence la thaan sollaren while searching caste will be available u don t have to go to advanced search for that. Moreover advanced search is also for free member. Only viewing photo or viewing horoscope is for paid members....So still there ll not be situation as u ve mentioned.

Unique, I will tell you 1 scenario somewhat from my friend's experience.

A Person's family back home were tryong to get gals his taste in his caste. His mom was particular about horoscope match and dad (a traditional, old fashioned guy) is particular about caste. He did not like a single gal from the list, their parents came up with. So, he decided to ask the parents to sacrifice one of their wishes. They could not decide themselves as both were strong in their wishes and also understand their son's situation. They asked him to decide.

Now, if you are in his shoes, what will you do and WHY?

sri_gan
02-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Unique,

Like Gokul said, this topic is emerged from my friend's experience... It does happens.

Athukku mela, situation speculation is not necessary I guess, 'cause the topic itself is created based on that. Hope you get it.

qt6
04-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Jathakatha vidavae kudathu!!

Its so important!!

Shy
04-28-2004, 05:35 PM

Its so important!!

:00: eppadi important konjam sollungo :) caste'ooda ???

Shy

seny
04-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Jaathigal illaiadi papa kulla thalthi uyarthisollal pavam nu anaikae solli irukaru... so motha atha vidalamae...

Seny

Shy
04-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Jaathigal illaiadi papa kulla thalthi uyarthisollal pavam nu anaikae solli irukaru... so motha atha vidalamae...

Seny

:yes: nalla soneenga seny..

Shy

qt6
04-29-2004, 02:14 AM

Its so important!!

:00: eppadi important konjam sollungo :) caste'ooda ???

Shy

shy,

jathakam porunthatil marriage upset akidum!!
marriage panninap poragu ஏன் panninen என்று varakudathu parungo!!! :think:

thats why!!

Girl
05-30-2004, 05:10 PM
சிதனத்தை விடலாம் :think: