PDA

View Full Version : Movie Previews>>Jor<<

sWEEtmICHe
02-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Movie Previews
Jor

http://www.tamilstar.com/news/uploads/jor1.jpg

(Satyaraj, Sibi, Bhanupriya, Gajala)

After his debut film 'Student No 1', Sibiraj signs his second film with the same production banner, Sena Films. And this time sharing frames with him is father Satyaraj, the duo carrying their real-life roles into reel-life and playing father and son. While Gajala plays the romantic interest of Sibi, Bhanupriya plays Satyaraj's wife in the film.

The cast also includes Telugu villain Kotta Srinivas Rao (of 'Samy' fame) Rajan P Dev, Vadivelu and Aishwaria among others. Shooting commenced at Pollachi on December 25, with a schedule of about 30 days at locations in Udumalaipettai and Marayur. The songs are to be shot abroad.

Produced by Sharat Baabu, 'Jor' is scripted and directed by Selva.

Some crucial scenes were shot on Satyaraj, Sibi and Kota Srinivas Rao. It is a confrontation between Satyaraj and Kota, with Sibi supporting Satyaraj.

Vijay is the wayward son of powerful politician Lingam. When Vijay stands for the college elections, the students persuade Shakti, son of a commoner, Sabhapathi, to fight the elections against Vijay. A furious Lingam comes to Sabhapathi and asks him if his son wants to enter politics. Sabhapathi jokingly replies, "My son may join politics, again he may not join politics! He may keep saying he will be joining politics, but then again he may not finally join politics!" At this play of words and Sabhapathi's cheeky retort, an angry Lingam replies, "You may have this confusion about your son, but I'm clear about what I want for my son. I want my son to join politics, and the first step is this election. And if your son stands against him, then you will see only his dead body." Shakti, who comes there at that moment, decides with his father to fight the elections.

The scene was canned by U Senthilkumar.

The film's technical credits include Deva (music), Raghubob (editing), Remiyan (art), Jaguar Thangam (stunts) and Dhinesh-Suruliraj (dance). Satyaraj, going through a lean patch in his career, and with Sibi's first film being a flop, the actor has yet to prove his credentials. 'Jor' hopefully should be a turning point for the duo.