PDA

View Full Version : Chicken or Egg?

Bluelotus
02-19-2004, 08:13 AM
One of the world's greatest mysteries...

So which do u believe came first: the chicken or the egg?

Well some argue that it is the egg which was laid by a "proto-chicken" and hatched into an ancestor of the chicken. Others think that the chicken must come first to lay a chicken egg, after all how could a proto-chicken give a chicken egg......it would lay a proto-chicken egg right?

So wot's the answer?

sabeshan
02-19-2004, 08:16 AM
which do u believe came first: the chicken or the egg?

Palaeobiologically speaking, it was not a chicken or egg that came first, it was a proto-bacteria (discounting virii as life forms) that came first :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bluelotus
02-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Right sure thing.......But we r not gonna involve any other life forms or even pro-life forms here.
I guess I should rephrase the question.
Which appeared before the other: the hicken or the egg?

Not which came first......COs now we know it was neither.

Shy
02-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Egg thaan came first I guess..

God Except for man (he came from monkey :lol: :lol:)all other mammals'la irunthum oru sample create panninaar... so he created a pair(i mean Male/Female) of rabbits, dogs, cats and in the same way created kozhi and saeval :ee: So the hen laid Egg and then how it all started !!!!

Shy

unique
02-23-2004, 06:10 PM
Idhaiye thamizh la keta ...kozhi lendhu muttai vandhadha illai muttai lendu kozhi vandhadhunu...then the answer is kozhi lendhu thaan muttai vandhadhu...cos muttai lendhu kozhi varadhu kozhikunju thaan varum........ :D

Bluelotus
02-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Shy r u contradicting urself?
If Baghvan created a rooster and a hen first ....and then some time later the hen layes and egg....then aren't u saying tht the chickens came first?

Unique what a way of putting it....absolutely ur right u can't get a chicken from an egg...only a chick.
But how did the chicken get here in the first place?
If we look at the whole scenario without involving GOD tht is.

Shy
02-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Shy r u contradicting urself?
If Baghvan created a rooster and a hen first ....and then some time later the hen layes and egg....then aren't u saying tht the chickens came first?

Shy wrote :

God Except for man (he came from monkey )all other mammals'la irunthum oru sample create panninaar... so he created a pair(i mean Male/Female) of rabbits, dogs, cats and in the same way created kozhi and saeval So the hen laid Egg and then how it all started !!!!

Shy

Naan engae contradict panraen.. Eggs thaan firrst varum then the chicken solli irukaen..

hen != chicken right??? eggla irunthu vara kutti thaanae chicken???? so first Egg then the chicken and then it became hen and then it laid egg again !!!!! enna naan solrathu ;)

Shy

unique
02-23-2004, 07:25 PM
[quote=Bluelotus]Shy r u contradicting urself?

Shy wrote :

God Except for man (he came from monkey )all other mammals'la irunthum oru sample create panninaar... so he created a pair(i mean Male/Female) of rabbits, dogs, cats and in the same way created kozhi and saeval So the hen laid Egg and then how it all started !!!!

Shy

Naan engae contradict panraen.. Eggs thaan firrst varum then the chicken solli irukaen..

hen != chicken right??? eggla irunthu vara kutti thaanae chicken???? so first Egg then the chicken and then it became hen and then it laid egg again !!!!! enna naan solrathu ;)

So onga theory pragaram paarthalum first GOD create panninadhu oru Hen thaane so adhulendhu thaane muttai vandhadhu,adhukaparam thaane adhu perisa aagi thriumba hen aagi thirumba muttai potadhu.

Bluelotus
02-23-2004, 07:29 PM

God ....created ...kozhi and saeval ... So the hen laid Egg and then how it all started !!!!

Shy

Again...........u said God created the chickens ...who later laid the Egg

So the way I understand from ur post is that God first created the chickens thus chickens came first???

So how can u conclude the egg appeared before the chicken?? :? :? :? ....so lost me

unique
02-23-2004, 07:35 PM

God ....created ...kozhi and saeval ... So the hen laid Egg and then how it all started !!!!

Shy

So the way I understand from ur post is that God first created the chickens thus chickens came first???

So how can u conclude the egg appeared before the chicken?? :? :? :? ....so lost me

Looks like we both think alike.....i had posted the same thing in my post,,but i had quoted my post too...so it was reflecting along with the other quotes......anyway :yes:

Bluelotus
02-23-2004, 07:38 PM
:wink: think we also started replying at the same time.

Shy
02-23-2004, 07:44 PM

Shy

nalla confuse panreengapaa rendu paerum.. ok step by step sola pooraen.. appuram enkita kaelunga okvaa :)

(1) God was going to create pair of everything
(2) Like male/ female rabbit, male/female dog, male/female/Cat
(3) So athae mathiri he created male - Rooster and female - hen
(4) Then the hen laid Eggs
(5) Egg hatched
(6) chicks came
(7) thus the loop started

So From hen came eggs, then from egg came chicks and then chick became hen which again laid egg :ee:

Eppo sollunga.. Egg thaane first vanthathu...

Ennum purilaina.. may be we are misunderstanding somethign here.. by chicken what do u mean----- a big hen/rooster or a chick ;)..... other than the real meaning - flesh of the hen/Rooster :oops:

Shy

unique
02-23-2004, 07:52 PM

Shy

nalla confuse panreengapaa rendu paerum.. ok step by step sola pooraen.. appuram enkita kaelunga okvaa :)

(1) God was going to create pair of everything
(2) Like male/ female rabbit, male/female dog, male/female/Cat
(3) So athae mathiri he created male - Rooster and female - hen
(4) Then the hen laid Eggs
(5) Egg hatched
(6) chicks came
(7) thus the loop started

So From hen came eggs, then from egg came chicks and then chick became hen which again laid egg :ee:

Eppo sollunga.. Egg thaane first vanthathu...

Ennum purilaina.. may be we are misunderstanding somethign here.. by chicken what do u mean----- a big hen/rooster or a chick ;)..... other than the real meaning - flesh of the hen/Rooster :oops:

Shy

Shy

Neenga step by step azhaga solli irukeenga but still the same question which came into the world first . We all are created by GOD.....so appadi paartha HEN thaane modhala indha olagathukku vandhadhu,adhukaparam thaane muttai...sollungo :think:

Shy
02-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Unique and blue first u got to tell me by chicken neenga ethai solreengonu... is it small chick or the hen or the rooster or the flesh of these ;)

By my explanation i had assumed chicken to be chick.. so appo hen-eggs then only chick right :)

Shy

unique
02-23-2004, 08:41 PM
Unique and blue first u got to tell me by chicken neenga ethai solreengonu... is it small chick or the hen or the rooster or the flesh of these ;)

By my explanation i had assumed chicken to be chick.. so appo hen-eggs then only chick right :)

Shy

Shy if u had assumed chicken to be chick then neenga sollaradhu ok......actually the word chicked holds good for all of that u have mentioned.....so ellarum onnu onnum assume pannindu irukom.....idhai tamizh la keta thaan nalla irukkum
"KOZHILENDHU MUTTAI VANDHADHA ILLAI MUTTAILENDHU KOZHI VANDHADHA",ippo paarunga confusione irukaadhu.

CHICKEN-fowl,hen,rooster,pullet,capon, chick,poultry

Shy
02-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Exactly unqiue.. tamila kaeta correct irukkum :) appo discuss pannina comedya irukkum :yes:

Shy

sagi
02-24-2004, 03:42 AM
while reading your posts...one mom i thought i am studying evolution in my science class ;)

moviefreak
02-24-2004, 04:35 AM
yow, enna, utta aalukkaalu kada vittutte poringa...As per any theory, it is neither chicken or egg..they came to existent during the course of evolution. Since egg is same, one fine day, one egg would have given birth to a Chicken ( A new species) and that is continuing till now..So, egg came first, then chicken.

Bluelotus
02-24-2004, 04:40 AM
I think this might turn into a Tamil Evolution class...lol

sagi
02-24-2004, 04:44 AM
already its bluelotus...... ;)

anitam
02-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Mmmmmm I don't know.. but i guess its egg.

suha
02-24-2004, 02:32 PM
blue lotus wrote

who later laid the Egg

:think:....... :Nahrid: din'osaur laid the egg.......correct ta :ahha: :wink:
:think:

san2003
02-24-2004, 03:15 PM
blue lotus wrote

who later laid the Egg

:think:....... :Nahrid: din'osaur laid the egg.......correct ta :ahha: :wink:
:think:from chicken to dinosaur'ke poyerecha? aiyo yo ..... :)
careful.... inga dinasour vanthere pothu ;) hehehe.... jokin

Bluelotus
02-24-2004, 04:46 PM
lol......athu sari.....evolution the backward way....lol
Suha ....first came the cyanobacteria and probacteria and then later came the dinos and the reptiles...which became eventually birds........

Assuming tht God didn't start playing around at this point :wink:

Tell me ...if the dino laid the egg, how did u get a chicken huh??

Shy
02-24-2004, 05:26 PM
while reading your posts...one mom i thought i am studying evolution in my science class ;)

sagi.. neenga MOM thaanu eppo I accept.. Athuku words ellam maathakudaathu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just Kidding

Shy

sagi
02-25-2004, 12:08 AM
sagi.. neenga MOM thaanu eppo I accept.. Athuku words ellam maathakudaathu

Just Kidding

too late neenga Suha, en per thaan forum full a adi paduthe..ellam intha Sri pannina velai.. ;)

Bluelotus
02-26-2004, 07:26 PM
How did mothers infiltrate the chicken-egg thread?

So wot is Mommy's final decision on the mystery?

butterfly
02-26-2004, 10:42 PM
sari...let me ask everyone a question too :)...how can one differentiate between a seval & kozhi frm an egg?....before its hatched :)

vasan
02-26-2004, 10:48 PM
kathukitte vachi ketkanum... hold the egg nicely in your palm, press it lightly against your ear.. if you hear slight murmur you will know its kozhi. Just press it till you hear it.. :) :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Butterfly, enna ippadi kozhi aaraaichiyile irangiteenga?? hmm.. nice question.. almost as curious as Suha :) Seriously speaking, I don't know, but perhaps an xray or mri, or sonar stuff have some possiblities.. :)

dinesh
02-26-2004, 10:50 PM
before its hatched

scanning senchu partha therinchuda poguthu..... :)

butterfly
02-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Butterfly, enna ippadi kozhi aaraaichiyile irangiteenga?? hmm.. nice question..

vasan,
inge aaraaichi going on about who came first the egg or chicken...so popped up my question too :)

scanning senchu partha therinchuda poguthu.....

Nice to see u in high spirits these days :)

dinesh
02-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Nice to see u in high spirits these days

Me teetotaller.....no spirits at all.... :pray:
just that I'm trying to relieve stress.....by trying to be funny.... :doh:

butterfly
02-26-2004, 11:34 PM
just that I'm trying to relieve stress.....by trying to be funny....

well ur making me smile...so carry on :)

dinesh
02-26-2004, 11:39 PM
well ur making me smile...so carry on

thank god for that :pray:
enge poori kattai varumo-nu bayanthukittu thaan matha topic-la post pannen.... :)

sagi
02-27-2004, 12:33 AM
shidinesh arivaa manai theriyuma?? ;) illa chumma ketten.

well koli or seval endu oru yoshyakaarana ketta therinjittu porathu ;) heheehehe :clap:

gokulan42
02-27-2004, 01:52 AM
Idhaiye thamizh la keta ...kozhi lendhu muttai vandhadha illai muttai lendu kozhi vandhadhunu...then the answer is kozhi lendhu thaan muttai vandhadhu...cos muttai lendhu kozhi varadhu kozhikunju thaan varum........ :D

I agree :ee: :ee: :ee: :ee:

Good one, Unique. Athu eppadingo neenga mattum ippadi. Kadinala 'Bhu'va illai 'Bhu'nala kadiya

gokulan42
02-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Nice to see u in high spirits these days

Me teetotaller.....no spirits at all.... :pray:
just that I'm trying to relieve stress.....by trying to be funny.... :doh:

Thalai, nnenga potta athu intelluctual discussion, naan potta athu kadalaiya :cry: :cry: :cry:

dinesh
02-27-2004, 02:08 AM
Thalai, nnenga potta athu intelluctual discussion, naan potta athu kadalaiya

naan enganaachum sonnena ithu intellectual discussion-nu.....avanga oru remark sonnanga....naa answer pannen.....periyavar ungalaip pola naanaaga poyi dialogue udalayae... :sm12:

I have no preferences when posting. If I want to absolutely fry anybody, I'll go ahead and do it. Their personal attributes will never bother me. Same for other posts as well. I'll not follow different principles when answering different type of people. Thats the difference between normal talk and kadalai. :)

gokulan42
02-27-2004, 02:17 AM
Thalai, nnenga potta athu intelluctual discussion, naan potta athu kadalaiya

naan enganaachum sonnena ithu intellectual discussion-nu.....avanga oru remark sonnanga....naa answer pannen.....periyavar ungalaip pola naanaaga poyi dialogue udalayae... :sm12:

I have no preferences when posting. If I want to absolutely fry anybody, I'll go ahead and do it. Their personal attributes will never bother me. Same for other posts as well. I'll not follow different principles when answering different type of people. Thats the difference between normal talk and kadalai. :)
Apdi podunga thalai. Ithuthan unga specialitye. Ellathukkum oru answer you have.

Thalaina thalaithan ;)

dinesh
02-27-2004, 02:18 AM
purinjaa sari thaan... ;)

Bluelotus
03-06-2004, 08:11 PM
hmmmm....cor! chickens to spirits and other stuff....

Assuming that we r not gonna be picky abt the meaning of the word chicken...which accidently addresses all fowls, including hens, roosters and chicks.....wot is the aswer?

course like Sabeshan pointed pointed out in the first post....it is the egg....which was layed by a prot-chicken...as in a early ancestor of the chicken as we know it...
and if u look at all the other lower vertebrates such as reptiles and amphibians and fish they still hatch out of eggs....which shows how much older the concept of the egg is compared to that of the chicken

in any case this topic can be argued till kingdom comes...

gokulan42
03-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Actually, there was an egg and a male chick created together, you no.

Egg hatched to become a female, ya know
Male chick grew to becomae a big guy , ya know.
Female chick grew as a nice 'chick', ya know.

They fell in love, you know.
They married and then thats how it goes :ahha:

Bluelotus
03-06-2004, 08:47 PM
nah mate ...Gokulan tht's what u tell kiddies....I know better now...Chickens don't get married :ahha:
U can't fobe us off with fairy tales any longer.....we know all abt biology :ee:

sagi
03-07-2004, 04:55 AM
GOkulan, may be you should come and tell suha and sagi about this fairy tales ;)

ragi_kutty
03-08-2004, 09:51 AM
hey chicken thaane mudhal vandhadhu?

sagi
03-08-2004, 02:09 PM
is it ragi?? nekku theriyaama pojidiche?

Bluelotus
03-08-2004, 05:21 PM
once upon a time there was a pretty white stone in the middle of the village square.
None of the shopkeepers knew wot to do with it. they all tried to forget abt it and go back to their work....but it simply kept attracting their attention.
It's beauty was unique. The shape of the stone itself reminded them abt the little buds of spring, while it's creamy whiteness of the melting snow.
In the end not knowing wot to do ....they called on the mayor for help..............the mayor was a very quite man and of very few words.
The reason behind this, was tht his mind was far too simple to do otherwise...but nobody ever understood this except the Mayor's friens the Farmer. Wheneever the Mayor had to make a decision he always called upon his best friends to make it for him.
So this time like many other instances he called on his freind.
The Farmer came looked at the stone ...proded it ...and thought for a while. He then went back to his farm...grabbed a female duck...and sat it on the stone.
He told everyone to leave the stone and the duck alone and to get back to their work.

Later that week, on a beautiful sunny day....in fact it was the first day of spring...........a little scratching noise could be heard from under the duck....so backer who was wide awake by then baking his yummy rolls................lifted the duck to see the stone breaking and ...from inside the stone was a gorgeous little yellow chick.

this chick grew to become the villages first chicken....

the end.

vasan
03-08-2004, 06:21 PM
whew...

what is this? Am I reading Milne or Blues.. Winnie the Pooh or Winnie the Blue.. :think: I wonder... interesting.. !!

:) Good stuff, enjoyed reading it.. Can't hide the smile really.. :)

Bluelotus
03-08-2004, 07:16 PM
glad u found some much need enjoyment in ur life :wink: ...ur higly welcome to carry on with the story...I belive Gokulan bailed out ....and the Geetham babies clamoured for a tale...so decide to give it a try

Pooh is my all time favourite philosopher... :ee: he beats renee descartes hands down.....without even knowing which is right or left :ahha:

vasan
03-08-2004, 08:08 PM
A little while before that ONCE upon a time (quoted from Blues :wink: ) there was this little old woman who lived in that same old village boasting of that Square. Hard she worked each day, to make the ends meet and bring up her little grand daughter. She walked all the way selling her crisply baked biscuits (this village being some where on the wrong side of Atlantic, where people call cookies with that old and delightful name of Biscuits.. !!) and some other sweetmeats. Daily she would collect a dime or two to put in a velvet bag, so the little grand daughter would have enough money to buy a dress when she comes of age.

There was a Mayor for the little village who was a quiet man with very few words. He also had a son who was always always cruel to little girls and old women. As true villains do he stole the velvet money bag from the old women. The little girl cried broken hearted and the old women taken by the shock fell ill. And the little girl cried more..

As always when the little girls cry, the heavens do not stay quiet.. so it sent a fairy who helps people feeling blues.. :wink: The fairy came, and being a woman fairy, it took pity on the girl and being a magical fairy produced a solution out of thin air. She presented the Old women with a magical creature that she called 'chicken' and told the old lady to go the village square and leave the creature there for 7 mins and 32 seconds.. (Fairies are funny creatures who always come up with such 'crazy' or irrational numbers :) ). The old woman did as she was told in the middle of the night, and the Chicken laid an egg. The next morning all the Villagers gathered in the StarBucks in the Square and were surprised to see this shiny white stone..

(and continue with Blues.. )

While all the villagers believed that Chicken came from egg, the next day, agai n the old women left the chicken at the square and it laid another egg. It went on for some time, until the prince in the NEXT BIG CITY heard about it, and realized that there is a mystery. He watched one night, being a brave prince, sitting at the Square all nigt long, all by himself. Sure enough, little before midnight, walked this old frail lady with her beautiful grand daughter in tow, and left the chicken at the middle of the square. And presto.. At the stroke of midnight the chicken laid yet another egg.

Being a wise prince, he knew that Chicken came before all the eggs. And being a young prince full of valor he fell in love with the little grand daughter who has now become a magical young woman. Being a noble prince he married her - and the only dowry he wanted and was given was the first ever magical chicken that laid all the eggs. Soon the prince became the king, and he was now recognized as the wisest of them all - and all people came to his court to pay homages and to see the new queen. And to see the Chicken that came first.

The people, the chicken, and the King and the Queen lived happily ever after..

san2003
03-09-2004, 12:22 AM
hahahahahaha... nalla kathae vasan.... haha... had a good laugh (no offence ok)
hahaha.....chicken comes b4 egg'ne atheke oru kathai va..... romba nalla iruku :) hehehe

sagi
03-09-2004, 12:59 AM
vasan guru..i love fairy tales.....coolllllll :sm30:

Bluelotus
03-10-2004, 09:40 PM
lovely tale indeed :b:

but the Women in the story sound bit daft to me....
If they had any brains...(which they should cos they live on the right side of the Atlantic....and by the way we don't sell biscuits from baskets....we sell hot-cross buns and cinnamon rolls :ee:)...they would have made a fortune selling those eggs and making more chickens.....they wouldn't need a nincompoop of a Prince to come to their rescue :ahha: .....and they could have created a new breed of birds ....hybrid between chicken and duck...by forming a partnership with said farmer.....so even more money...and fame too
Now the silly girl is nothing more than a consort with no power or fortune of her own

anyway....the chicken couldn't have appeared out of no-where it had to come from an egg too. :Ksp:

who's gnna tell us another story to support the other claim? any takers?

Blue.

ragi_kutty
03-18-2004, 01:21 PM
illa chicken thaan first.........

chitracheenu
04-08-2004, 07:56 PM
chicken thaan mudhala vandhatu appurum egg.. reason is alphabeticala paartha C thaan mudhala varum appurum E

unique
04-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Chitracheenu ippadi aniyaythukku yosichu kalakareenga

Bluelotus
04-08-2004, 08:04 PM
hmmm appdinaaa...
In French the word for Egg is Oeuf and the word for Chicken is Poulet....so that means the "Oeuf" came before the "Poulet"....CC appdi ellam way too easy man....vearae logic use panni parungo ;)
So Thamizh eppadi? Kolliya illai Muttayaa?

chitracheenu
04-08-2004, 08:14 PM
hmmm appdinaaa...
In French the word for Egg is Oeuf and the word for Chicken is Poulet....so that means the "Oeuf" came before the "Poulet"....CC appdi ellam way too easy man....vearae logic use panni parungo ;)
So Thamizh eppadi? Kolliya illai Muttayaa?

Neenga frenchlaa ketkaliye.. Englishla thaaney ketteenga? adhukuthaan indha padhil.. tamileyum ka na mudhala varum appurum thaan ma na varum.. :P :P :P :P :P :P :wink:

Bluelotus
04-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Ennaekku Anglam thaan terriyum ...So I asked in English...but the fact remains that the chicken and the egg belong to no language/nation...hence using the alphabet ...although a highly innovative solution I musy say ( :b: ) .....is simply not valid :wink:

how abt a story using both protagonist :ee: ? plz

:D
Blue.

Shy
04-08-2004, 08:38 PM
chicken thaan mudhala vandhatu appurum egg.. reason is alphabeticala paartha C thaan mudhala varum appurum E

:b: kalakureenga CC !!!

Good thought :)

Shy

chitracheenu
04-08-2004, 08:56 PM
aana indha fairy tales storiyum ennodu padhilum Blue othukamaateengaraar.. Ennaku oru santhegam adhu ennapaa fairy tale eppothum pennaaga thaan varaanga.. Bluevukku answer theriyuma??

Bluelotus
04-09-2004, 01:56 AM
first ...Blue is a girl/woman.....:D
I think it is mostly because ...fairy tales were prefered by little girls ....while the boys prefered swashbuckling adventure stories full of pirates and ogres
While the girls were more into all that smoochie stuff...sickening really

I also think it was an attempt by society to make them more dependent on men...think they r always saved by some silly Prince.

hmmm...enna panrathu...naanum try pannean ...for the tale to be more politcally correct...anaa oruthaerukkum athulae interest illai polla irukku

neenga than nalla eluthiringalae CC....how abt u give it a go huh?
U can even include Tesco and Safeways to make it truly modern ;)

chitracheenu
04-09-2004, 08:55 PM
vishyathuku vaanga.blue amma..ippo muttaya illa kozhiyaa. adhuku enna padhil..ungakitta ethirpaarkirom..Naan Googlela kooda search panninein..Still searching/Researching thaan varuthu..enna panaa. computer ellam kandupidithavan, idhuku answer kandu pidikalaye.. Orutharai paarthein.. avan kovil vaasala pichakaaran madhiri irundhaan.. avan kittayum kettein.. avan ennai paarthu.. po paa.. nee vera.. naan indha nilamaiku vandhathey..indha research panni thaan.. nee vera inniku porantha bacha.. appadi sollittaan maa..

chitracheenu
04-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Safewayliyum poi kettein.. avanga.. idhu padhil therinchaa.. naanga yein buy one get one free la muttaya vippom sollaraanga..adhuku artham enna naa.. ellorum naria muttaiya vaangikondu poi research pannunga appadiyaam..

coolian
09-11-2005, 06:17 AM
http://www.ovaprima.org/