PDA

View Full Version : Will you get married to a guy who is younger than you ?

sagi
02-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Girls,

Will you get married to a guy who is younger than you?

We all know that the guys are older than the girls wen it's come to marriage life coz guys get matured later than girls. So when he is older both are in the right path.

Now in our situation he is younger than you. He is not even same age as you.

Will you get married to a younger guy?
Do you think you can be happy with him if you get married ?

I was reading a mail sent to me from a police guy, my friend. That artical is about how some women want to get married to younger guys so that they can control the guys very easily....what do you all think about it?? :think:

Minik
02-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Sagi, its a nice topic, since world is changing, you never know some may like the guys to be younger than them. If we take the years from our parents the age difference was almost 5 - 10 years, then it came to 3-5 years, now most of the guy and gal are of the same age, may be in future it would be the opposite u never know. but for me, I would prefer always for a guy to be older not more than 2 years.

unique
02-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Hmmm.....indha question is too late for me....irundhalum it wuld nt have made any difference to me cos my choicewuld be for the guy to be of my age or older than me(not too old say max4-5).

But again if u take cases of love marriage it does nt matter to them i blve. Ennoda opinion but people who r in love n who had love marriage wuld know better than me.

butterfly
02-25-2004, 10:11 PM
sagi,
looks like only married ppl answered this post so far :)....I wud say 2-3 yrs older than me...not less nor more :)

anitam
02-25-2004, 11:19 PM
my answer is no.. for happy married life marry an older guy with atleast 1 to 2 years difference.

sagi
02-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Hi Girls, Thanks a lot....but why do you say that you will get married to a guy who is older than you?
your reasons please ??

Shy
02-26-2004, 12:14 AM
My vote is age doesnt matter is 2 people are in love.. Its something like jaathi, religion to me...but athukunnu.. oru 40 years old woman marrying a 20 yr old kid is not acceptable.. 1 year or less oldera irukalaam girls..Scientifically its proven that maturity wise, sexually girls shud be atleast a year older than the guy.. but again ennai porutha varaikkum lovenu vanthutaa.. then everythign will fall in place!!!

Shy

sagi
02-26-2004, 12:19 AM
you mean the girl is one year younger than the man??

SHy you have said something very interesting here...about how 20 yearrs kid gets married to 40 years man. what will be the problem there? can you explain to me? please ?
[ i know one point, if they go out, everyone will look at them as father and daughter ;)]

Shy
02-26-2004, 12:49 AM
you mean the girl is one year younger than the man??

SHy you have said something very interesting here...about how 20 yearrs kid gets married to 40 years man. what will be the problem there? can you explain to me? please ?
[ i know one point, if they go out, everyone will look at them as father and daughter ;)]

Both ways , following are reasons

(1) 1 or less year is fine, coz they are basically of the same mental state, wavelength, thinking everything will be more or less the same..

(2) 20 years difference is like shes more like a mother, i mean not by the look wise but by her harmones.. I dont want to mention, but i guess u all wil understand.. 40 years she will not have anything to think abt that.. but imagine the mind of the guy !!! But for guys.. even if its 60 they still think abt that.. so he marrying a 20 year old girl will not make any difference to him... Sorry got to be bit frank to stress my point :(

More to come as we proceed !!!!

Shy

sagi
02-26-2004, 12:57 AM
that's very true that they have this look and thinking problem..
but what is the block in thier personal marriage life? 4get about the way they look and how other think..

anainar
02-26-2004, 01:03 AM
Sagi,

Are you a disciple of K.Balachandar by any means? Your topics are always like KB's movie themes. This theme was taken by our man in 1970s. I forgot the movie name, but the song, "Kelviyin naayaganay" is from that movie where Kamal plays a younger boy in love with Sujatha an older woman.

I personally wont feel any different if the age is with in a range 4-5 years. Whether + or minus is fine. The ony issue is women tend to age faster when they cross 30 while guys dont age that fast. And physiology is another aspect. Estrogen level decreases with age and it happens faster for women when they get closer to 40s. That causes problems. for a much younger guy/older woman couple.

Innum neriya matter irukku. Methuva avuthu vidalaam.

Cheers

sagi
02-26-2004, 01:15 AM
naan kaathittu irukkeno enno?? sollungo sollungo....mudinja antha fil name sollungo :)

madhu_aish1
02-26-2004, 01:26 AM
what do i answer here .. :00: :00: :00: .. but still voted for 'No' considering traditional , practical , scientific , physiogical citations :wink: ..

In a traditional indian family its still the husband considered to be Head of the Family ..( which is questionable though ) .. From that angle its is good for the 'Head' of the family to be atleast slightly elder than the wife.. :D ...

My vote is age doesnt matter is 2 people are in love.. Its something like jaathi, religion to me...but athukunnu.. oru 40 years old woman marrying a 20 yr old kid is not acceptable.. 1 year or less oldera irukalaam girls..Scientifically its proven that maturity wise, sexually girls shud be atleast a year older than the guy.. but again ennai porutha varaikkum lovenu vanthutaa.. then everythign will fall in place!!!

Shy

I beg to differ here... This proves "LOVE IS BLIND" .. You are going to live a life of around 50 years after marriage.. Imagine those future circumstances .. :think: :think: :think: ..Nothing can reason it out ... So better make a good decision rather a wise decision :D :D ..

Note : Above post is not reviewed by critics ..SO YOUR THOUGHTS ARE MOST WELCOME

PS : Yaarum Auto pinnadi parthuthu illa ... athuku pinnadi kottaail eluthu-la portu erupann .. :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

sagi
02-26-2004, 01:36 AM
enna pottu irukkum madhu ?

madhu_aish1
02-26-2004, 04:46 AM
enna pottu irukkum madhu ?

பெண்களின் திருமண வயது 21 .. ஆண் 24 :D :D

not sure about "ஆண் 24 " but atleast my mom used to say it. I always go by my MOM .. :D :D :D

sagi
02-26-2004, 04:53 AM
Oh ok. I didn't know that they have this. :) true, your mum is correct...coz you guys get matrued later :)

Bluelotus
02-26-2004, 11:39 AM
In a traditional Indian Subcontinent Family the Father/Husband may be the "head" but surely the Mother/Wife is the "neck" that supports and points the "Head" in the correct direction...... (notice how I never mentioned anything abt brains right....) :wink:

I think ppl should get married to ppl of the same age or with the least possible age gap.

I mean I don't wanna be spoon feeding my husband either cos he's too young or cos he's too old :00:
So no Craddle snatching and no kidnapping of old age pensioners ...thank you very much. :nono:

I mean sure I know ppl who are mistmatched in age...tht's fine for them if they can handle it ...but just not for me.....At the end of the day I want someone of my own generation with whom I have things in common ...like I don't know....having heard the same soppy song when we were in 10th grade.......having done the same sucky history syllabus for GCSE.....U get what I'm trying to say right....?

I mean sure it's okay for ppl like Ashton K and Demi M if they can deal with it

I mean yeah society is very judgemental ..it accepts older men marrying younger women but frowns on older women marrying younger men...I guess it just isn't confortable with the idea of "toy boys".

lodestar
02-26-2004, 03:20 PM
in reality i have witnessed a marriage in which the girl is older than the guy..so some girls do get interested in guys inspite of the age and the vice-versa tooo.. :b: :b:

by the way i have voted no..may be it would be like a normal marriage at the beginning but not sure the same happiness will end till the last :Ksp:

gokulan42
02-26-2004, 03:22 PM
In a traditional Indian Subcontinent Family the Father/Husband may be the "head" but surely the Mother/Wife is the "neck" that supports and points the "Head" in the correct direction......
A big fat greek wedding, right? Its not only in India (South Asia) but also common in most of the asian countires.

I also think, if the age difference is +2, its ok either way. Otherwise, its advisable the older person is a guy for practical purposes :)

Abhinaya
02-26-2004, 03:49 PM
i would vote for a guy older than me.....(2-4 years max)
Our parents get us married with the hope that both the girl and the boy will take care of each other. When the boy is older than the girl by a few years, both their maturity levels match to some extent. It is easier for them to understand each other's needs and take care of each other.

But in case the girl is the older one, then there is a gap in maturity levels. The girl might understand the boy's needs , but it is not necessary that the boy will take care of the girl in the same way as he has yet to pass through that age. He is young..who knows after marriage, he might fall for a younger girl.

People say that if u are in love, age does not matter. But important decisions of life like marriage need a lot of thought......u cannot fall in love blindly. U need to think before u commit to someone.
Many a times , it might be just physical attraction..which we may think as love.

Okie...we have heard and seen many couple where the girl is older and the marriage is still working great...maybe they are the special cases.

But i vote for a guy who is older..

Cheers,

Bluelotus
02-26-2004, 07:10 PM
so most ppl go for older guys huh....do u ladies realise they will get all wrinkly a lot sooner than u.....they will become OAPs a lot faster than u as well
I'm only pulling ur leg.....don't kill me just yet :ahha:

True ...in fact the Males being the "head" and the Females being the "neck" is true in most cultures ...it has only changed in the last few decades.

Maturity like so many other human qualities is highly subjective. It varies from person to person.

san2003
02-27-2004, 04:42 PM
i see nowadays guys go for older girls? why?... i have 3 friends and their boyfriends r younger to them... :) i think is a trend nowadays :)

sagi
02-27-2004, 04:54 PM
neenga vera...sombhoringa...ponnunga mela responsibilities kodukirathukku ithu oru saakku ;)

shysumi
02-27-2004, 05:26 PM
திருமணத்தி ன் போது ஆண் வயது கூடியவனாகவ ும் பெண் வயது குறைந்தவளா கவும் இருக்க உயிரியல் காரணம் மனிதனிக்கு விசேடமாக உண்டு...! பெண்ணும் ஆணும் கிட்டத்தட் ட சமவயதில் பருவம் அடைந்தாலும ் பெண் விரைவிலேயே இனவிருத்தி செய்யும் தகுதியையும ் இழந்து விடுகிறாள் ....(கிட்டத்த ்ட 45- 50 வயதுக்குள் ) ஆனால் ஆண் இனப்பெருக் கும் தகுதியை 60 வயது கடந்தும் கொண்டிருக் கின்றான்....!

எனவே தான் வயது குறைந்த பெண்ணை (காட்டாயம் திருமண வயதை அடைய வேண்டும்- 21) திருமண வயதை அடைந்த வயது கூடிய ஆணுக்கு திருமணம் செய்து கொடுக்கின் றனர்....! அதற்காக 20 வயதுப் பெண்ணை 40 வயது ஆணுக்குத் திருமணம் செய்து வைப்பது நன்றன்று...! ஆகக் கூடியது வயது வேறுபாடு 10 வயதாக இருக்கலாம் ....! அதே போல் பெண்கள் காலம் கடந்து (30 வயதுக்கு மேல்) திருமணம் செய்வதும் நல்லதன்று... .இதனால் அவர்கள் சில உடற்தொழில் சிக்கல்களை எதிர்காலத் தில் எதிர்நோக்க நேரிடலாம்... .! வயது கூடிய பெண்ணைத் திருமணம் செய்யும் இளவயது ஆண் பிற்காலத்த ில் குடும்பச்ச ிக்கல்களில ் சிக்க நேரிடும்.... தே போல் பெண்ணிற்கு ம் வேண்டாத பிரச்சனைகள ் ஏற்பட்டு குடும்ப வாழ்வு பாதிக்கப்ப ாடலாம்....! வாழ்வு வாழ்வதற்கே அன்றி வருந்துவதற ்கல்ல....!

:P :ahha:

suryalover
02-28-2004, 04:09 AM
Well i am not eligible to answer this polll..

but as a guy I would think it is better to a girl should marry guy who is 2-3 years more than her.. this is just a opinion...no research behind this..so dont ask for any scientific proof and queries...

Regards

Surya

Bluelotus
02-28-2004, 02:07 PM
So Surya u wouldn't marry someone older than u? even if u fell madly irrevocably, etc in love with the older woman?

:evil:

Shy
02-28-2004, 07:47 PM
what do i answer here .. :00: :00: :00: .. but still voted for 'No' considering traditional , practical , scientific , physiogical citations :wink: ..

I wont accept the scientific and Physiological stuff , coz it proven that girl should be elder than the guy to have a plesant life !!!!

In a traditional indian family its still the husband considered to be Head of the Family ..( which is questionable though ) .. From that angle its is good for the 'Head' of the family to be atleast slightly elder than the wife.. :D ...

Obviously hes going to be the head of the family always.. just because hes younger to her is in no way going to affect the way he will lead a family !!!

I beg to differ here... This proves "LOVE IS BLIND" .. You are going to live a life of around 50 years after marriage.. Imagine those future circumstances .. :think: :think: :think: ..Nothing can reason it out ... So better make a good decision rather a wise decision :D :D ..

Life is to Love and live, not to calculate ur each move!!!

Second off... answer me this, a girl is born n jan 2000, a guy is born march 2000. They go to college togther and they fell in love??? What more mature is the girl than the guy or how imature and physcologically is the guy not fit for this girl????? Athaan solraen 1 years or less older'na thats not going to affect their way of life. They will be in the same wavelength!!!!

Tendulkar wife is 5 years older than him.. areent they happy.. they have a 3 years old kid... they are not exceptions??? its all in ur hands.. if u have that chemistry, u can always work things out !!!!

Shy

sagi
02-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Tendulkar wife is 5 years older than him.. areent they happy.. they have a 3 years old kid... they are not exceptions??? its all in ur hands.. if u have that chemistry, u can always work things

I AGREE WITH YOU SHY. ITS 100% TRUE. IT'S IN YOUR HANDS :)

vasan
02-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Susan Sarandon is 9 years older to Tim Robbins - they have three kids, and they are not married, but live together for more than 14 years or so.. They are happy (at least as it seems!!)

Michael Douglas is married to Catherine Z Jones, some one about 25 years younger to him.. they have two kids. They are happy (at least as it seems !!)...

Many other similar examples can be found.. rather easily...

The question was would you (if you are not married already) and if the opportunity arises, marry some one younger (question for guys) or older (question for girls). Would or should age be a deciding factor in an otherwise 'perfect' match up?

I side with Shy. No. Not for me at least.. !!

sagi
02-29-2004, 01:20 AM
age is not a problem...மனமிரு ்தால் இடம்முண்டு :) if it's true love then i am ready to accept ;)
[hehehe don't tell my dad tha i said this]

sri_gan
02-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Sali,

Nenga rombe pazhamozhi pesi ... etho etho sollurenga...

Manam irrunthal Margam undu nu solla vantheengala :sm12:

sagi
02-29-2004, 02:11 AM
sri, rombha illikkathinga? idathukku idam diff a solluvaanga. meaning onnu thaane..purinjukkungappa ;)

silican
02-29-2004, 02:15 AM
What difference does that make ? Kalyanam aanappuram anyway the wife is going to put a thick Mookanangayaru for her hubby...:lol: :lol: :lol:

so old or young, doesnt matter.

Silican

sagi
03-01-2004, 03:05 AM
ulakathathai sariyaa purinjukittavar SILICAN thaan ;) hehehe

madhu_aish1
03-01-2004, 07:32 AM
I wont accept the scientific and Physiological stuff , coz it proven that girl should be elder than the guy to have a plesant life !!!!

innaanga kathula poo suthureenga :00: :00: :think: :think: Is this Newton Fourth Law. Can you cite valid Information For This :D :D

Obviously hes going to be the head of the family always.. just because hes younger to her is in no way going to affect the way he will lead a family !!!

Why obviously here :Ksp: The answer in hidden in what you are going to reply :D :D . But no samalipu though :nono: :nono:

Life is to Love and live, not to calculate ur each move!!!

Second off... answer me this, a girl is born n jan 2000, a guy is born march 2000. They go to college togther and they fell in love??? What more mature is the girl than the guy or how imature and physcologically is the guy not fit for this girl????? Athaan solraen 1 years or less older'na thats not going to affect their way of life. They will be in the same wavelength!!!!

Tendulkar wife is 5 years older than him.. areent they happy.. they have a 3 years old kid... they are not exceptions??? its all in ur hands.. if u have that chemistry, u can always work things out !!!!

Shy

This isnt about calculation life. :D :D Just turn back and see the path you travelled.

When you were in your 11th standard . you would dreamed of becoming a Doctor or Engineer . That isnt calculation :D The same thing here..... I would also accept if the difference is just around 1 or 2 years.. Take my parents as an Example .. My Mom is 1 year elder to my dad ..Still they lead a happy married life (atleast i hope so :wink: amma enna manichidu , if you see this) But this consitutes only small percentage and to be specific a rarity..

I will Never accept 20 years difference in the name of Love ... :( :( ..Its My personal opinion and am standing by it even if needs to face the wrath of poorikattai :D :D

Moreover.. Dont quote tendulkar and other examples... It simply proves that they are countable :D Got it ...

More when I get time .. :(

Shy
03-01-2004, 05:39 PM
innaanga kathula poo suthureenga :00: :00: :think: :think: Is this Newton Fourth Law. Can you cite valid Information For This :D :D

Following is the piece read long back, in a Question/Answer session from a Famous doctor...read it !!!

Question : எனக்கு வயது 25. நான் ஒரு பெண்ணை படு மும்முரமாய ், மிக சின்சியராய ் லவ் பண்ணுகிறேன ். அவளும் என்னை விரும்புகி றாள். ஆனால், அவள் என்னைவிட இரண்டு வயது மூத்தவள். இதனால் திருமண வாழ்வில் ஏதும் பிரச்னை வருமா?

திருமண வாழ்க்கை என்று எதைக் குறிப்பிடு கிறீர்கள் வீட்டு நிர்வாகத்த ையா? இருவரது பந்தத்தையா ? கலவி சுகத்தையா? முதல் இரண்டு என்றால் வயதைப் பற்றி கவலைப்பட அவசியமே இல்லை. காரணம், பிறந்து இத்தனை வருடங்கள் ஆகிவிட்டது என்ற கணக்கைச் சொல்லும் (CHRONOLOGICAL AGE) குரோனாலாஜி க்கல் ஏஜை விட, அறிவு முதிர்ச்சி யில் வெளிப்படும ் (MENTAL AGE) மென்ட்டல் ஏஜ்தான் ஒருவரது உறவின் தன்மையை நிர்ணயிக்க ும்.சிலர், எத்தனை கழுதை வயதானாலும் மனமுதிர்ச் சி அடையாத மண்டூகங்கள ாகவே இருப்பார்க ள். சிலர், முளைத்து மூணு இலை விடுமுன் தகப்பன்சாம ி ஆகிவிடுவார ்கள். ஆக, வெறும் வருட வயதை வைத்து பொருத்தமா இல்லையா என்று சொல்லிவிட முடியாது. இருவரது சுபாவம், சூழ்நிலை, சந்தர்ப்பம ் இவைதான் பொருத்தத்த ை தீர்மானிக் கும்.

உடலுறவு பொருத்தத்த ிற்கும் வயதிற்கும் சம்பந்தம் உண்டா என்றால், உண்டு. காரணம், ஆண் _ பெண் இருவரது வளர்ச்சி விகிதங்கள் வேறுபட்டவை . ஆண்களுக்கு பதினேழு முதல் இருபது வரை கலவியல் வலிமை அதிகமாய் இருக்கும். பிறகு, மெல்ல மெல்ல குறைய ஆரம்பிக்கு ம்.

ஆனால், பெண்களுக்க ு அப்படியல்ல . இருபதுகளின ் இறுதியிலோ முப்பதுகளி ன் துவக்கத்தி லோதான் அவர்களுக்க ுக் கலவியல் வீரியம் அதிகரிக்கி றது. அதனால் ஆணைவிட, பெண் இரண்டு மூன்று வயது மூத்தவளாய் இருப்பதும் , அல்லது இருவரும் சமவயதுகாரர ்களாய் இருப்பதும் நல்லதே என்று பல ஆராய்ச்சிக ள் கூறுகின்றன .

அப்படிப் பார்த்தால் நீங்கள் சரியான வயது வித்தியாசம ் உள்ள பெண்ணைத்தா ன் தேர்ந்தெடு த்திருக்கி றீர்கள். அதைவிட முக்கியம். இருவரும் மனம் ஒத்தவராய் இருக்கிறீர ்கள். வேறென்ன வேண்டும்? சும்மா கண்டதையும் யோசித்து காலத்தை வீணடிக்காம ல் சட்டுபுட்ட ுனு கல்யாணத்து க்கு தேதி குறிச்சி கார்ட் அனுப்புற வழிய பாருங்கள். ஆல் தி பெஸ்ட்!

Hope u got what u asked for :b: Still searching for the research papers, will post once i get hold of it ....

Who told u so. Its all mental maturity that handles the family. Neenga angae love panreenga.. antha love irukkum poothu, why shud u feel u are like a brother to her and u are no way can handle the family????? so its ur thinking thats wrong.... If u really love that person and have the chemistry working, :b: sure u can lead a pleasant life !!!!

This isnt about calculation life. :D :D Just turn back and see the path you travelled.

When you were in your 11th standard . you would dreamed of becoming a Doctor or Engineer . That isnt calculation :D The same thing here.....

I wouldnt dream that I marry a guy older than me, but i dream i marry i guy i love so much and he loves the same way and we both lead a happy life..

I would also accept if the difference is just around 1 or 2 years.. Take my parents as an Example .. My Mom is 1 year elder to my dad ..Still they lead a happy married life (atleast i hope so :wink: amma enna manichidu , if you see this) But this consitutes only small percentage and to be specific a rarity..

See u have an example with u, exceptionaloo ellaiyoo... see how they had loved each other their whole life. Thats all matters in the end, madhu, just because u marry a girl/guy younger than u , if u dont have the connection between u too, life will suck...

Also naan sonathai thaan u have accepted.. 1 year or younger ;) so we can in same team now !!!

I will Never accept 20 years difference in the name of Love ... :( :( ..Its My personal opinion and am standing by it even if needs to face the wrath of poorikattai :D :D

i didnt say 20 years !!!!! not just woman being oldedr, but the guy being older too !!!! so no need for poori kattai here...

Moreover.. Dont quote tendulkar and other examples... It simply proves that they are countable :D Got it ...

Morethan that it means, u can work out ur realtionship if u really love that person !!!!

Shy

dinesh
03-01-2004, 06:58 PM
What difference does that make ? Kalyanam aanappuram anyway the wife is going to put a thick Mookanangayaru for her hubby...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Silican
silican, noothule oru varthai sonneppaa..... :clap:

Shy
03-01-2004, 07:10 PM

Silican
silican, noothule oru varthai sonneppaa..... :clap:

athu enna noothula oru vaarthai, therinchuthae unga rendu paerukkum ethai oppose panrathu matum thaan.. athu sollama vaera enna soluveengalaam neenga :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shy

meenaram
03-07-2004, 10:04 AM
i would prefer 1 or 2 years bothways (+ or -). this is computer world so age is not a matter at all. Look at sachin.......his wife is 4 years elder than him (hope i am right). i hope there is no problem in their life.

sagi
03-07-2004, 11:07 AM
தல சுத்துதுடா சாமி

sagi
03-07-2004, 11:07 AM
தல சுத்துதுடா சாமி

katteri
03-07-2004, 02:09 PM
First of all will you marry nu oru patti mandram podalam...

Marrying an elder or an younger person depends on person to person/Eppadiya iruthalum santhosama iruntha sari than

Sachin tendulkar Anjali love panni kalyanum pannar sachin i vida 5 vayasu athigam Rombh santhosama irukanghaaa.

Sourav ganguly love panni chiinaa poona kalyanum pannar .. oru 2 years la nagam pinnad i suthunar appuram manam thirunthi dola kitteye poittar.

Two extreme examples of celebrities....

sagi
03-07-2004, 02:21 PM
இறைவா....so ninga chinna ponna kalyanam pannikka porelaa? periya ponna kalyaanam pannikka porela???

katteri
03-07-2004, 02:42 PM
இறைவா....so ninga chinna ponna kalyanam pannikka porelaa? periya ponna kalyaanam pannikka porela???

kalyanam thevaiyaaaaaaaaa

san2003
03-07-2004, 03:08 PM
kalyanam thevaiyaaaaaaaaa

Katteri... ithe nalla topic'a iruke.... oru topic start panengal.... kalyanam theivayaa :) hehe

katteri
03-08-2004, 01:21 AM
Kalayanum panna 1000 prichinaikal.....
Bachelor life is the best namma vundu namma velai vundu...Risk edukkallam ,free from pressure San soon intha topic varum aaana ippo illai

Bluelotus
03-08-2004, 02:52 AM
the married guys come out with : kalyanam oru thani santhosham
the singletons come out with: happiness lies in singledom

Which to believe :think:

I still think that one should make sure that the age gap is the smallest possible between spouses.....I don't adhere to the belief that men of a certain age r less mature than women of that same age. It does apply to girls and boys but not to men and women......perhaps I am mistaken...but I strongly believe that the gap in maturity is breached by the guys as they age.

I wouldn't personally marry anyone younger than me.....but like most ppl said it is really up to each individual. Relationships r tricky things at best, one can only hope to find the ideal person for their character...

dinesh
03-08-2004, 03:38 AM
I wouldn't personally marry anyone younger than me.....

why? wouldn't you do it "even if u fell madly irrevocably, etc in love " :ahha:

Bluelotus
03-08-2004, 03:52 AM
don't be daft dinesh :Ksp: ....I shan't fall madly truly irrevocably in love with anyone younger or older than me mate......When there's a will there's a way.....
Don't worry dude, when u do no-one shall hold it against u :sm11:
(think I scared Surya off with tht question..lol)

dinesh
03-08-2004, 03:56 AM
I shan't fall madly truly irrevocably in love with anyone younger or older than me mate......When there's a will there's a way.....

i dont understand this at all.....what are you trying to say????are you saying you'll never fall in love or if you fall in love you'll make sure the guy is of the same age....?

Don't worry dude, when u do no-one shall hold it against u

that's my problem innit??? but i'm not the one who's making sweeping statements here girl... :ahha:

Bluelotus
03-08-2004, 04:10 AM
after much consideration ...I have come to the conclusion that to preserve the little that is left of my sanity I shan't fall in love with any Tom, **** or Harry, full stop.
sweep sweep merrily we sweep
If I do marry it shall be with to someone of my own age. Well let's hope there is a poor sod willing to get hitched if and when needed.....but tht's a whole different can of worms

dinesh
03-08-2004, 04:15 AM
ahh....wise decision.....I congratulate you... :clap:

Well let's hope there is a poor sod willing to get hitched if and when needed

I hope you don't mean this too literally.....i mean you wouldn't really want a "poor" sod, do you? then who would bankroll the ...erm....essential expenses that every woman has....aka from clothing to makeup... :sm12:

Bluelotus
03-08-2004, 04:27 AM
...knowing my luck it shall be literally :doh: ....not to worry by then I shall have a big enough wallet to take care of all expenses including his...... :wink:
hmmmm like men don't have the same expenses...I swear my brother spends abt the same as me :Ksp:

lets get back to initial thread.....so wot do u think?

dinesh
03-08-2004, 04:30 AM
I think nothing......at present I have no intention of getting married.....if I do at some point in the future, I wouldn't care about the age of the person, the only qualification would be love :b:

Bluelotus
03-08-2004, 04:39 AM
very good ...vive l'amour!

btw tht is an opinion in itself...u did think long and hard enough to settle on tht verdict

So in fact being flexible u would be supporting the "yes" side....right?

katteri
03-08-2004, 11:38 AM
When i was in school my teacher describes comments boys & girls say..

Chinna vayasil if u c a bird...
Boys will say one for sorrow,two for happinesss

Girls will say two for sorrow , one for happiness...

Ippo trend reverse aaguthu nu ninaikiren....

sagi
03-08-2004, 11:59 AM
katteri :nono:

katteri
03-08-2004, 04:16 PM
katteri :nono:

Enna one for happiness nu samiyaar aaghalam nu parkuerreenghaaallaa...

Bluelotus
03-08-2004, 04:56 PM
"One for sorrow, two for joy; three for a girl, and four for a boy. Five for silver, six for gold, and seven for a secret that's never been told."
the magical magpie lore
(it doesn't mention any samiyaar :think: )

dinesh
03-08-2004, 05:35 PM
very good ...vive l'amour!

btw tht is an opinion in itself...u did think long and hard enough to settle on tht verdict

So in fact being flexible u would be supporting the "yes" side....right?

yup....and yeah the decision was made considering several factors.... :b:

sagi
03-09-2004, 01:32 AM
ninga mattum thaan agalamo??