PDA

View Full Version : India; A future rouge state ?????

king_143
02-27-2004, 10:32 PM
India conveniently presents itself as a punching bag. Do not be surprised if India becomes the new 'rogue state', especially if non-proliferation ayatollah John Kerry makes further progress. The fundamentalists running the so-called US Conference on International Religious Freedom (Orwellian translation: that means the freedom for bizarre American Christian cults to propagate their fascist views) has already made a great beginning. Other goodies will no doubt follow. After all, negating others' comparative advantage by any means possible is the essence of mercantilism.

read:

http://us.rediff.com/news/2004/feb/27rajeev.htm

thiru_kk
02-28-2004, 12:03 PM
We have already our 'rogue Sangpariwar"... We are going towards a rogue Nation!

anainar
02-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Thiru,

India can never be a rogue state. If you look at the history of India in the past 5000 years you will never see an instance of we occupying another land or sustained tyranny. While the history of the rest of the civilisation that accuses of being a rogue state is not that great. Civilisation in Persian gulf resulted in invasion of India and all the countries on the way. Civilisations in Rome extended their tyranny throughout Europe. Lately these same powers were busy colonising the rest of the world.

And there comes no end to these propaganda of all these vested interests to keep India divided. They will not succeed. Even many so called "Intellectual Mafia" also takes the bait and tell us, we are moving towards a rogue nation. It is all the doomsayers who will face the wrath of the people of India soon.

Cheers

dinesh
02-28-2004, 05:53 PM
If you look at the history of India in the past 5000 years you will never see an instance of we occupying another land or sustained tyranny.

You don't have to look very far to find a counterexample to this claim, in the modern times. I will not comment further.

anainar
02-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Dinesh,

I know what you have in your mind. My logic was we never went against any state or waged war on a state with the sole aim of occupying the territory or colonisation. It is debatable what is state and what powers a state has in requesting another nation for assistance. But you yourself would accept that the misadventure was not to occupy territory or colonisation.

Cheers

gokulan42
02-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Which side should I take. Oru pakkam thala and innoru pakkam guru. Nopa. I will be neutral here :)

Bluelotus
03-09-2004, 05:06 AM
hmmm right rogue state....
I thought somebody said rouge.....and I thought this would be either abt communism or the increase of AIDS sufferers in India....apparently not.

It's hard to fanthom India as a Rogue nation.......any nation for that matter...until the day they explode and do some very daft things...who knows....que sera sera

jina
03-09-2004, 01:00 PM
You don't have to look very far to find a counterexample to this claim, in the modern times. I will not comment further.

Just one example won't kill you.

India was never an aggressor, even during all of the Indo-Paki war, India was attacked first and what India did was retaliate and drive them back to their borders and halted the attack once they were ousted, India never stepped into Pakistani land.

jina
03-09-2004, 01:02 PM

Give me just one counterexample, it won't kill you.

India was never an aggressor, even during all of the Indo-Paki war, India was attacked first and what India did was retaliate and drive them back to their borders and halted the attack once they were ousted, India never stepped into Pakistani land.

dinesh
03-09-2004, 04:33 PM
I have no intention of answering you. My previous comment was posted as an answer to anainar.

ravigoteti
03-26-2004, 07:04 AM
India will definitely have problems...concerning population. But remember...we are developing at a pretty good rate..and we will join the developed world in 2 decades. What could convert india into a rogue state:

1) No jobs..unemployment
2) Poverty and Economy
3) Bad government/decisions
4) Illiteracy/supersititions
5) Religion
6) War/defence

1) It will improve with economy. OUr economy is booming and it will be 3rd largest by 2050..it might look long..but it isn't. In between..it should be high and rising. So thats not a problem.
The problem is the management of money..and politics. Politicians money..combined...might be higher than what india makes every year!...corruption should decrease. I don't know how.

Religion: it really will have no problems if our ppl wish to. We lived together before..so why not now
War:defence---It will be a key factor..military strength..to put india in a superpower status..something we are likely to achieve in the later part of the century. However..that should not spark arms race...esp. with Pakistan and China.

SO..tehre is a very very slim chance for us being a rogue state.

pgopinathan
03-29-2004, 07:47 PM
I appreciate and second ravigoteti's opinion.

The Indian philosophy is tolerance and adjustment. That is how we have been for as far as documented history. History shows us that we have been tolerant to all kinds of tyrants and accessors raiding and looting our counrty of its wealth and heritage. We have accepted and assimilated traits and qualities of so many different cultures and faiths into our culture.

To that extent I do not see India turning in to a rogue state any soon. Though the India that we see today is not exactly the one that had been known for the honesty, chivalry and patriotism of its people.

As of today, one of the top contenders for this inenviable qualification, is ...the US.... correct... there are no typos or errors here.

The American Government constantly says one thing and does another. It imposes standards on the rest of the world which it refuses to accept itself. It has consistently shown a disregard for international law and a contempt for human rights.

The present U.S. administration prefers lawlessness to law because it knows the U.S. has the money, the weapons, and the ruthlessness to force the world into its service. It knows that, if the law of the jungle prevails, the U.S. will be the top predator.

Thank the heavens, India is too subdued a nation with some virtues still left, to fall into this category.

Gopi