PDA

View Full Version : Famous persons you met in real time

Honeyarjun
03-02-2004, 05:11 PM
We come across famous personalities in our life... would u mind sharing it here!!???

In my case I have seen Rajini in 1995 I think..Met him in chola sheraton..we were a big group..around 15..My cousin's treat for his b'day.. Rajini was sitting in the table opposite to us with his wife,his wife's bro.. ragavendra and his younger daughter with some kids...his daughter and the other kids were dancing and Rajini joined them for few secs.. My nephew who was 4 yrs old then..went to speak with rajini..Asked him to come for his(my nephew) b'day party 2 days after in the same hotel.. Rajini smiled and gave him a kiss and said he will try.. We were there for 2 hrs I think..All the time Rajini was smoking and drinking continously...I would say non stopping.. We met him 2 days after too.. He just crossed us when we were entering the hall where we arranged for the b'day party..
This time he was wearing a white dress and walked his usual style walk and looked smart...

Next comes Kamal...my all time fav hero... My Bro (cousin) started a magazine ..(its no longer functioning..he had to close it down after a yr as that was a new field for him). Kamal, sujatha and so many leading people attended the function.. It was so crowdy and people were so busy so I couldnt get a chance to speal with kamal..Just got few glimpses of kamal and smiled at him and he smiled back..He looked so smart..

Then I have met actors like sarath (In the sirport...he was so good looking in person), vijay (very bad looking), Roja (in a famous clothing shop spoke to her for 10 mins.. she was very friendly..), few other actors like ratharavi, s.v.sekar etc and actresses..some political people ..by the way prime minister vajpayee too..he visited my uncle's home before he became the PM.. Couldnt get a chance to speak to him.. He was surrounded by people all the time. have met stallin (thalivar's son) too when he attended one of my family marriages..he looked so smart for his age.. The list goes on.....

Pls share your experiences with famous persons u know or met in real life..... Will be good fun to read....

anainar
03-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I saw Sharuk khan in front of me in the Immigration queue. That was way back in 1998 I think, and he was in crutches after an accident. I could not speak to him though.

I sat next to Pt.Bhimsen Joshi once travelling from Bangalore - Bombay and had a nice chat with him.I have a jugal Bandhi CD by him and Balamuralikrishna and it was amazing. I just touched upon what made them to come up with that idea and he went berserk to explain how it happened.

Otherwise I did not meet any celebrities. Or I dont remember.

Cheers.

priyaluv
03-02-2004, 05:26 PM
I met Kamal Haasan(my fav Actor) in a wedding I attended in Chennai 2 years back. He had come with his then wife Sarika and his elder daughter. I did not speak to him then. Kamal Hassan was looking simply great :)

Me and my friend met Aamir Khan and Rani mukerjee on top of Empire State Building and i took a photo of my friend with Aamir Khan and Rani mukherjee and we just talked for a minute or so. Aamir Khan was looking very good :)

Shy
03-02-2004, 05:47 PM
:D Yeah celebrity pakurathula appadi oru enbam namakku ellam :)

Anyway heres my list

(1) Madhavan.

On a transit. Was alone. Me and my husband and few of my friends were travelling back from India, Spoke with him for more than 30 minutes. Smart guy :ee:

(2) Ajit.

Again on transit in Frankfurt. Just saw him, chumma ellaraiyum whoever near by paarthu he smiled and left.

(3) Revathi.

In Landmark in chennai. Was Shopping gifts for my friends birthday. She was there, My friend loves revathi, my husband, then my BF ;) suddenly thought of something, went to her, gave a brithday card and told her, that its for my friends birthday and she loves u a lot, she will be happy to get a wish from u. Revathi smiled and signed the card. Till now, my friend has that card as a great treasure.

(4) Vijay.

In disney land, we were a group of 15 and he was with his wife and kid. One my friend shouted ilaiyathalapathy, that guy got shocked and saw us. Then we all waved and some of us took snaps with him. His wife for me seems to me more or like meera jasmine ;)

(5) Isha Gopikar, Roja, Deviyani, Sridevi, Hemamalini, vaiyapuri ( :lol: :lol: ), he was even more leaner...

On a Transit,

(6) Pepsi Uma,

In sinagapore when shopping in mustafa. She was with her mom, Initially I thought this was her sister, She was like a barrel, with full of pimples and wearing a skirt :lol: Then ava kita paeseenoom for few mins. Apapdiyae paesura.. except the mannersim of her varudifying the munthaanai :)

(7) Karunaandhi, Stalin and Late Moopanar.. One of my cousins marriage appo they all attended. Love marriage ;).

(8) The great K. Yesudas. My husbands friendooda wife will be mostly the lead singer whenever he does a program here in US. So avar kuuda paesee irukaen. the great genius !!!!

(9) New York Fashion Avenuela once poitu irunthapoo, saw Sushmita Sen, Ms. Universenu oru bansha illai, ava paatukku was shopping.. Orae adam ennodarkita ava vaagurathu vaenumnu.. chanel $500 annaikku mootai :D

(10) Then Jamie Kennedy in domestic flight.

(11) SV Sekar, Madhu, Cheenu Elalraiyum kuuda. Not in Stage drama ofcourse !!! but during some family functions :)

Shy

Honeyarjun
03-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Good fun to read your post shy..thanks for sharing...

by the way..how would I ever forget meeting thalivar karunanidhi.. he came to preside for a function conducted by my family.. gave a vaal (sword ..think they named it vetri vaal) to him that time..he was the chief minister then..so couldnt even go near him.. I am theevira DMK follower.. where my family doesnt belong to any katchi..they will invite and move with whomever in aatchi ...surviving tactics.. :Ksp:

dinesh
03-02-2004, 06:29 PM
I haven't seen many Indian celebs apart from Balakumaran(at a literary meeting in SL) and Sonia Gandhi(in the UK)

I've met a lot of SL cricketers and I know quite a bit of Radio personalities, especially after the private FM's started.....

Orae adam ennodarkita ava vaagurathu vaenumnu.. chanel $500 annaikku mootai

ithellam nadakkumnu therinjuthaan I have made some intelligent decisons now itself.....dineshu nee bale ushar party... :sm12:

I am theevira DMK follower

You should really have some conversations with rajanand. Even if it will not be very beneficial to you, it would provide great entertainment to everybody else. :)

Shy
03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Orae adam ennodarkita ava vaagurathu vaenumnu.. chanel $500 annaikku mootai

ithellam nadakkumnu therinjuthaan I have made some intelligent decisons now itself.....dineshu nee bale ushar party... :sm12:

Yaethoo once twice, appo appo thaan eppadi nadakkum, but thats also thrilling and romantic u know, to fight and get what u wanted ;)

You should really have some conversations with rajanand. Even if it will not be very beneficial to you, it would provide great entertainment to everybody else. :)

Yeah, I second that :lol: :lol: :lol:

shy

dinesh
03-02-2004, 06:50 PM
but thats also thrilling and romantic u know, to fight and get what u wanted

thrilling and romantic for you.....not for..... :sm12:

Shy
03-02-2004, 06:59 PM
but thats also thrilling and romantic u know, to fight and get what u wanted

thrilling and romantic for you.....not for..... :sm12:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Thrilling and Romantic for both me and as well as for him (yaenna once in a while right ;))...

But I am sure it wont be so for Samiyaar's that too pooli samiyaars like you :lol: :lol:

Shy

reks
03-02-2004, 07:09 PM
wow Shy... u hv met maddy is it.. me like him a lottttttttttttt... chance'ae illatha smile... (isnt there any jollu smiley... nyways this will do :sm11: )

and me would luv to meet KJ too...

:evil: honey.. Vijay is smart yaar, good dancer too... and good dialogue delivery.. thou most of you wont agree with me :ee:

ogi.. me hv seen karunanidhi and Stalin in person.. They had come to preside over a Tamil net meeting and we were volunteers there.. Yup.. Stalin looks very smart for his age...

S.V. Shekar - he used to come to our college every year for our coll fn. His Periyappa drama was good...

Swarnamalya - she was our spl guest for a pgm in our college. She looked very smart in person... and looked younger than how she looks onscreen

Prashanth - was our spl guest/judge for a dance program. Poor guy, our guys started counting from 1 to 9... he was also looking smart in person...

S.B.Charan and Subha - in a light music program

Bombay Jayshree - She sang some bharathiyar songs. it was a good pgm.

Kupavanam kuppusamy and his wife - a villupaatu program. It was nice. They also shared some nice moments in their life, like how they met, where they met etc.

Surya and Nasser - in a shooting. me recognised Nasser b'cos of his nose only...

indhu2000
03-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Sirippu Aanal unmai....

In 1979!!!! M.G.Ramachandran visited my home for me, that time i was an two months baby!!!
Then he asked my name to my parents!!! Amma sonaangha innum name vetkelennu..so andha kashtatha yennoda parents-ku veikaadha avare oru pera vetchittu poitaangha & After 7 yrs i met Jayalaitha, she looks very beautiful & avangha yenna madila vetchi konjanadhum nalla yennoda mind-la irukku!

then in 1998: i met Ajit in MGM Dizzee world, That time he was in shutting, One of my srilanka friend want to take some snaps that shutting spot with ajit!!! Ajit was not allow to take some snaps! I scoled all of my friends..y actors also like ordinery peoples...y u peoples giving more importent for this peoples-nu!!!! Ajit parthuttu irundhaar...Atlast moment avr yein kitta vandhu pesittu sorry solitu ponaar!!!It was amazing...

Monal: Monal she is very cute..i think her face is not shutable for camera...we met in Tirupur Puppies hotel..accedently she came & she joined a lunch with our friends group! she spent near 1 hr with us! Thats cute!!!

Vivek: 2 yrs back..vadapalani kovil kitta shutting nadandhadhu...appo konjam overana veyil..so shutting mudinja piragu..yennoda friend veetla avaery vandhu kanaja neram fan-la irukattumaa sonadhu..yenagaluku rombha sandhoshatha koduthadhu..then yennoda friendoda amma coffe pottu koduthu & photo's yellam naangha yeduthukittom..its really fun! He is very nice gentleman!!!

vasan
03-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Whow... Man, alive.. I don't know any one in person, have not met any one either..

Once on transit I saw (not met) Vijay Amritraj. He was alone and waiting for his flight, and I was reading some thing - too tired to get up and go and chat with him.. And AV Ramanan (?, the gentleman hosting Saptaswarangal ??) was there for some program in School.. (i mean univ !!) and I watched him from the farthest end of the audi (that can occupy a 1000 fellas.. )

Two things strike me, reading this thread..
1) I haven't lived at all.. :Ksp: Don't know, haven't met no one...
2) If I ever gotten in to trouble in Chennai (like drooling at someone in Marina, what else!), I can call on (perhaps !!) some friends in Geetham and possibly beg them to bail me out.. !!

Vasan

unique
03-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Hmmm ongaloda experience lam paakum podhu i am no where....anyway will share it....actually i ve met many famous personalities but pesinadhu lam illai...

1. School days met Kamalhassan...we had some rally for leprosy something...adhukku guest of honour ah vandhu irundhaar.

2.Schoola days have met Vaijayanthi mala bali...have got a certificate from her for Beach race(namba ooru marina beach la nadakum...beach marathon actually).

3.Have rcvd prize from Jaishankar on colony sports day.

4.Met Jackie shroff,Prashanth,Raja while working for a private airline in chennai.

5.Met Sulakshana n Vadivu karasi same as above.

6.Have met Delhi Ganesh and had dinner in his house(adhu onnum illa Delhi ganesh ponnai ennoda friend Kalyanam pannindu irukaan,so andha route la avanga veetuku poyi irundhom).

7. Met many actors n actress in my friends marriage,adhaan Delhi ganesh daughterai kalyanam pannindu irukaane,avan kalyanathula thaan.

You shuld have seen Satyaraj enna smart a irukaan theriyuma. He is so fair,sundina ratham varum andha maadhiri irukaan,mottai.

8. A.V.Ramanan in a temple(oru kurta pyajam pottundu irundhaan).

9. Aparam Anjali padathula Anand oru kuttipayan irupaane avanai Cassidys Pondy bazaar la paarthu iruken.

Ippodaiku ivalavu thaan nyabagam vandhadhu.....

Honeyarjun
03-02-2004, 08:35 PM
wow unique...so u r a runner!!!!!! are you in US now? have u participated in races here..5k,10k,marathon?? pls do share your atletic perfomances..

I havent met sathysraj..but heard his voice once.. My native place which is even though small but is famous for shootings..Once when I visited a hotel there...there was a car outside..someone told me its satysraj's car.. while we walked past the car.we could hear satyaraj speaking to his wife in a clear gounder pashai.. I dont remember what he spoke but only remember it was a funny comment and we laughed for that.. He heard us laughing and commented for that too...

I was staying with my sister(cousin) in chennai for sometime..Her home was opposite to maniratnam's.. They have a big wall so one will be able to see whats inside and with security posted all the time (after the bomb incident).. once I saw suhashini and her father speaking to each other in front of their gate... also I met Latha(old MGR heronine) one time..to see her house which came for sale..

indhu2000
03-02-2004, 09:28 PM
yellarum yellathaium solum bodhu naanum solluvein...

Sathyaraj & Suhasini : Boma kutti amma suiting yenga school-la dhaan nadandhadhu..class-suku pogaadha naan yein friends yellarum suiting paarthom..sathyaraj-oda daughter rombha chinna ponna irundhaalum sari alattal...thaanga mudila...

Vijay: I met vijai in "Velan Hote;l -tirupur" he said only hai & bye!

Revathi : she came for school sports day!

Chenna reddy : Collegla padikum bodhu, i think 1999-la inter college danse compitation-la first vandhom..appo yennoda gang0ku avar cerificate + medal yellam pottar...then after 2 to 3 days mandaiya pottu taar!!!

Simran : Aval varuvaala shutting spot-la sariyaana show..i mean simran kitta irundhu...

Jothika, Laila, Vindhya : PSG , coimbatore college funtion-la vandhu irukaangha..appoo vilayaaditu avangaloda pesittu irundhom..

Dravid : Yenga college- ulla oru school irukku! Andha school sports day-ku dravid vandhaar..naangha yetti avaroda mugathai mattum paarka mudinjadhu...

Madhavan : US consulate kitta parthu irukein..andha time-la yennaala sariyaa kooda avara sight adika mudila..b'coz naan visa tention-la irundhein..

gsatnan
03-02-2004, 09:28 PM
i had met vijay who stays near my huz. actress sita, actress silk smitha....prashanth, vivek, karan came for shooting in my college...also vijayakanth, meena who came to my shcool fucntion. then kuyili she used to come to my gym.

Honeyarjun
03-02-2004, 09:39 PM
indhu... did you do your studies in tirupur parks college???
are u speaking abt PSG Tech or PSG arts college??

indhu2000
03-02-2004, 09:41 PM
adengappa gstnam..neengha yenna kodambakkathilaa irukingha...
Appo neengha rombha busy-ya irupingannu solungha
:lol:

indhu2000
03-02-2004, 09:43 PM
rendume illa...50.... 50 :dance:

indhu2000
03-02-2004, 09:46 PM
chennai anna adhrsh-la padithein, Job (aircell celular) & evening college in coimbatore(Fsshion designer), Akka hoz in Tirupur!!! So now iam in US!!!! Manishanoda pozhappu paarthingalaa..naai pozhappu..3 velai boovaa-ku yenga yenga poga vediyadhaa irukku :sm18:

Honeyarjun
03-02-2004, 09:49 PM
My sister did her studies from tirupur parks college..I remember seeing a school there..thats why I asked...

indhu2000
03-03-2004, 12:59 AM
okok..andha college peyar kelvi patta madiri dhaan irukku!!!

unique
03-03-2004, 02:50 AM
chennai anna adhrsh-la padithein, Job (aircell celular) & evening college in coimbatore(Fsshion designer), Akka hoz in Tirupur!!! So now iam in US!!!! Manishanoda pozhappu paarthingalaa..naai pozhappu..3 velai boovaa-ku yenga yenga poga vediyadhaa irukku :sm18:

Indhu same pinch.....naanum Anna adarsh la thaan padichen,infact both schooling n college i did there.......

unique
03-03-2004, 02:55 AM
wow unique...so u r a runner!!!!!! are you in US now? have u participated in races here..5k,10k,marathon?? pls do share your atletic perfomances..

I havent met sathysraj..but heard his voice once.. My native place which is even though small but is famous for shootings..Once when I visited a hotel there...there was a car outside..someone told me its satysraj's car.. while we walked past the car.we could hear satyaraj speaking to his wife in a clear gounder pashai.. I dont remember what he spoke but only remember it was a funny comment and we laughed for that.. He heard us laughing and commented for that too...

I was staying with my sister(cousin) in chennai for sometime..Her home was opposite to maniratnam's.. They have a big wall so one will be able to see whats inside and with security posted all the time (after the bomb incident).. once I saw suhashini and her father speaking to each other in front of their gate... also I met Latha(old MGR heronine) one time..to see her house which came for sale..

Yes honey i was an athlete,but college third yearoda runningku ellam muttru pulli vechachu.....am in US but marathon ellam participate panninadhu illai....but i do play tennis,badminton here in US......avalavuthaan.

Also i ve met Yuvan ekambaram(i think that s his name),Indha vijay padathula Makareena makareena paatu paadinaane avan....i saw him in Colombo airport on the way to chennai......

innum edhavadhu nyabagam vandha i ll post.....

madhu_aish1
03-03-2004, 05:53 AM
huh!!! Lots of Interesting repiles :P :P My exploration comes to a end here . :wink:

Let me go in a chronological Order :D :D

The First Ever Cine Star I met was Saranya ( nayagan herione ) when I was in 11th Standard ... Had dinner with her ..Remember her husband was also there. So now you what kind of Dinner I had :wink: :wink:

Then during the same period Met Kasthuri ( Indian :D ) In a singapore In MRTS .. Was not crazy about her during those times . so didnt care to get a autograph... :(

Then during 12th it was Pepsi Uma. Invited her for a function in our school..Man !! even without a stool (sandal) she is more than 6 ft :00: Too Talll for me .. But she was amazing in those days :P

Have met Kushbu in some marriage dont remember the exact details..but that doesnt matter .. :D :D But for sure.. it was before her marriage :lol:

Have Ramesh Arvind in ooty .. When i was freshman in PSG .. :D :D yey ! You know he his father of two kids ..well grown kids .. :lol:

Then list of actress ... swarnamalaya... malavikaa .. maiden bengalian ..Suvalakshmi :wink: she is size of a caterpillar ..grrrr ..will never come close to me :? .. All of them during culturalss...

Now I wonder ..No actor as such :think: :think: Am I destined to be like this :Ksp: :Ksp:

When it comes to politician ... Notable person ..yashwant sinha (When he was finance minister i guess ..May be not...errr...this is what happens if they change the portfolio every minute :evil: ) ..then stalin , vaiko ( This guy definetly has a charisma in his speech ..He was howitzing ...)

Our beloved president -Abdul Kalam when he resided in Anna University Guest House :wink:

Met kasthuri again in california in a temple.. She was distributing kandha sashti kavasam ..Isn't it ironic :wink: :wink: Is she remorsing :lol: :lol:

Now Come the PS's :

1) Anna Adarsh always sparks my brain ... :D :D :D That is a magical word for any soul from Madras.. yikesss..am i getting tooo deep ..couldnt resist people..

mmm..the count is two so far .. :P :P let me see how far this goes :D

2) Honey ..why did PSG create so much excitement :think: :think: Something Fishy :think:

3) unique ..indhu -ku mattum pinch podureenga :lol: :lol: can I also :yes: eventhough I didnt study there.. I wish I could.... :lol:

suha
03-03-2004, 06:20 AM
huh........ naan niriya pera meet panni irrukkien.....in hong kong......... sri devi......parthiban seetha....... A.R. rehman........ instrument vangga hong kong vandhu irrundanga appo........friday anniku.mosque ku poi irrukanga......appo yenga daddy meet pathu irrundhanga.....appo daddy office ku A.r.rehaman....invite pannga appo pathien.......he is chow chweet.......yennaku choclate vangi koduthanga :sm08: :sm08:

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 01:55 PM
I haven't had a chance to meet one to one with any famous person, even if i have chance I don't really care that much, 'cause its just their profession makes that feel.

So I would say I've seen:

1. CM Dr. JJ when I was travel to my school, she was on the way for public meeting, you remember "Seval / Rettai Pura" that period. I was in the Jannal ora seat in the town bus.:sm12:

2. Prabhu Deva in a Inter collegiate, Students asked him to dance, but he was shy and said, "Allaipirukku Nanri vanakkam" - pattai adichirunthan.

3. Vikram on the Airport, but he was on the move, he was not famous either that time, I think Ullasam was the movie he completed.

indhu2000
03-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Unique appo neengha yendha batch....& yenna group!!!!
Its great to see yr message...unmaiya thaane solaringha!!!!!Unique..
Unique madhuku mugathila oru punch kodungappa...
punch kodukaradhula avar thirumbum yendharika koodadhu..sariyaa

indhu2000
03-03-2004, 02:33 PM
konjam time kodungha ippo resent-ta prabu deva anna nagar-la veedu vangi irukaaraam...yengha akka-oda mother-in-law veetuku pakathu veedaam..so now a days my sister always telling call me in prabudeva's wife mobile...my sister is telling now a days she & his wife is very thick friend-daam..family-oda thanjavur yellam tour poittu vandhaangalaam...konjam neengha time koduthingannaa..naan india-ku pogumpodhu yeppadium avangha veetukum povein...apparam vandhu idhula yezhudhurein... :sm12:

unique
03-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Unique appo neengha yendha batch....& yenna group!!!!
Its great to see yr message...unmaiya thaane solaringha!!!!!Unique..
Unique madhuku mugathila oru punch kodungappa...
punch kodukaradhula avar thirumbum yendharika koodadhu..sariyaa

Hmmm....indhu siladhulam inga solla mudiyaadhu i ll pm u.....yaaravadhu college name la poi solluvaangala......

Indhu Madhu ennoda friend paavam vittudalam indha thadavai ok ya...enna pannaradhu chinna payan appadi thaan thuru thurunu irupaar......

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Madhu...looks like one more :yes: ...me a pdt of PSG ..

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Madhu...looks like one more :yes: ...me a pdt of PSG ..

Pure Side Track::

PSG le neriya product varuthu:

Motor Pumps, Tractors... bearing ellam kuda pannunranga.. nenga entha product ?? :sm12:

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 05:54 PM
sri-gan.... :Ksp: ..ithutku peerthan nakkallaa????
Me a former student of PSG...does that answer your question?? :cool:

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 05:57 PM
sri-gan.... :Ksp: ..ithutku peerthan nakkallaa????
Me a former student of PSG...does that answer your question?? :cool:

Side Track nu pottava athukku peru nakkal than nenga kuda nakkala pathil sollalam.

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 06:02 PM
saringa sir!!!!! By the way my answer itself contained some nakkal :wink: ...didnt you get it... read between the lines sri... :ahha:

anainar
03-03-2004, 06:14 PM
அடடா! I did my masters in engg at PSG tech way back in 1994. Nice place to be, especially the walk from our hostel to the college via PSG Krishnammaal college. :lol: :lol: Hmmm,athellaam oru kaalamappa. :cry:

Sri, pump ellaam sari, but they dont make tractors. Summa uthaar vudatheenga.

Cheers.

venky1974
03-03-2004, 06:32 PM
I have seen Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Prety Zinta, Uday Chopra & Karan Johar on the sets of Kal Ho Na Ho at New York while I was there on Vacation. I took a picture with SRK.

I have seem, Madhuri,Abhijeet, Udit Narayan on transit at Dubai.

SPB on a flight from Delhi to Chennai.

Then we had Master Shashank (Flute) at our place for supper, he is know to my wife's Family. I have seen and met a few others like Yesudas, Bombay Jayashree,Sowmya, unnikrishnan on 4 occasions.

Cheers,

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Sri, pump ellaam sari, but they dont make tractors. Summa uthaar vudatheenga.

Tractor pannurangala Tractorkku parts pannurangala yaarukku theriyum... naan bus le pogum pothu display le irrukkum athukke ivalo solluren... ennai PSG kkule vittu irruntha enna enna solluven :sm12:

unique
03-03-2004, 07:08 PM
i ve also met Manorama n her son bupathi in Singapore airport.....they were there for some play....also Manorama vai central railway station la paarthen she was going for some shooting in Kutralam,enga amma n periamma poyi kai koduthu vandhaanga.....Also karan n dancer avan peru marandhu poche(vellarika pinju song la aaduvaane,he has alos danced in many movies,Kannedhire thondrinal la kooda nadichu irukaan)....avangalai paarthen in Tirunelveli.

Installment basis la nyabagam varudhu.....

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 07:12 PM
saringa sir!!!!! By the way my answer itself contained some nakkal :wink: ...didnt you get it... read between the lines sri... :ahha:

Side track:::

oh ho :Ksp: potta vudane tension party nu vittuten.. illainu sollurengala.. appadina ithaiyum serthukonga....

Seri nakkal illainu theriyuthula appuram ethukku nakkalanu kekurenga ? :sm12:

vasan
03-03-2004, 07:19 PM
1. CM Dr. JJ when I was travel to my school, she was on the way for public meeting, you remember "Seval / Rettai Pura" that period. I was in the Jannal ora seat in the town bus.:sm12:

Ada daa... ithu maranthuttene.. May be I don't think politicians are famous people :wink: :ahha:

Tamil Nadu CM, the Honorable Ms. Jeyalalitha, most often uses the school cricket ground as a helipad. They generally block of the roads all around it. Seen her several times... Once on a sunny hot, saturday afternoon I was stuck at the corridor of my library for like half-an-hour because she was flying (grounds are right opp to lib). And I saw, about ten or so white kadhi clad men prostrating themselves at her feet flat on the hot ground.. My eyes went up like this :00: and well.. what can I say.. Unfortunate that I could not meet her in any fav situations,,,

Have seen Mr. Karunanidhi at pretty close quarters when he was campaigining for his party... it was easy because little more than a thousand had gathered, and it was late in the evening.. and the meeting was just two streets down from home.. indeed every one at home went... some local leaders prostrated on the dias, and put 'ponnadai' and all that.. and he spoke for about 30 mins... Man, he could speak... A bit of lit, some history, and a few comments politically too, peppered with his trademark humor and jokes.. I was quite enthralled..

R Venkataraman was VP at that time and visited my school, and since we were the senior most, we had to volunteer for all sorts of stuff, including crowding around the dias.. two years down the road, he became the Pres.

Have met many (indian and other) scientists (quite a few math fellas, including Penrose, and a bunch of Noble Laureates) too in Bangalore, and have seen some administrative people in science too.. including our current Pres.. Attended a talk by Gen Sundarji, two years after he retired.. (I used to read his columns Hindu..).. was throughly impressed.. Geneuinely intellectual guy - completely masterful presentation... And Ms. Feebi, the then Governor, who come by for the convocation..

indhu2000
03-03-2004, 07:25 PM
anainaar, 1994-la krishnammal college-la security velai-la na irundhu irukingannu theriudhu :lol: :ahha: ..andha college-oda famous figure oruthara sonna ungaloda mind-la avangaloda mugathai kondu vara mudiyumaaa....hahahaaaaaazaaaa a :dance:

vennai1
03-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Unique...enna akkov..

neenga solli kitte poreenga... :think: :Ksp:

makkale, looks like all of you are lucky to see the celebrities ...that too this many

in your life... (madhu... kasturi akkava rendu vaatti paakuraan..:Ksp:)

nallaa yosichen...but enakku terinju naan endha celebrity-aiyum paathathu illa...

ofcourse I have attended a lot of political meetings...

i would not say I have met though! may be I saw from a looooooooong distance

stalin,kalaignar,amma, vaiko and subramaniam swamy, nedunchelian,etc....

but not once they invited me for a dinner... :( :cry:

Just feeling jealous seeing all you peeps having your own celeb moment...
unlike me... :cry:

indhu2000
03-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Unique ok..ungala nambarein....nambha anna dharshla meet panara yellarume special peoples thaane..nambha anna adhrsh-kaaga oru "O"..ok-yaa :baby: :baby: :baby:

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 07:29 PM
indhu2000,

Maintrack vida Side Track nalla irrukkum pola irruke ...Iyanaar pathil varattum :sm12:

vennai1
03-03-2004, 07:37 PM
indhu2000,

Maintrack vida Side Track nalla irrukkum pola irruke ...Iyanaar pathil varattum

viru sariyaa chonne... :sm12: :lol: --> iyanaar !! :lol:

iyanaar...anga paatha velai thaan ingaiyum paakareengalaa... :sm12:

ada paavi smelly,

nee oruthan thaan enna maari no celebrity gang-la irundhaa

ippa neeyum poyitaiyaa...:( amma-vukkum unga schoolukkum

ivlo periya connection sollura! :think:

what to say ! Now I am feeling even more bad ! :cry:

Lord...have mercy...let me dine with a celeb atleast once in my life! :pray:

anainar
03-03-2004, 07:45 PM
அம்மாடியோ! ப்படி வெடி வைக்கறீங்க இந்து, எனக்கு பெயர் எல்லாம் தெரியாது. நல்லா போகும்போது , வரும்போது சைட் அடிப்போம் அவ்ளொ தான். அதுல நாங்க மூணு பேரு ஒண்ணா போவோம். ஆளுக்கு ஒரு பிகர் டெய்லி கரெக்டா பார்த்துரு வோம். அதோட சரி, வெற ஒண்ணும் நடக்கலை.

Sri, what did you expect from me? sollungo, I will fulfull your wish, if you expected some masala. :lol:

Cheers

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 07:52 PM
அம்மாடியோ! ப்படி வெடி வைக்கறீங்க இந்து, எனக்கு பெயர் எல்லாம் தெரியாது. நல்லா போகும்போது , வரும்போது சைட் அடிப்போம் அவ்ளொ தான். அதுல நாங்க மூணு பேரு ஒண்ணா போவோம். ஆளுக்கு ஒரு பிகர் டெய்லி கரெக்டா பார்த்துரு வோம். அதோட சரி, வெற ஒண்ணும் நடக்கலை.

Oru figure naa... ethukku watchman vellai nu solluranga anne :sm12: ... enakku ennavo nenga oru figure pakura aalu mari theriyalai... :sm12: Suha papa kitta ketta kuda sollidum Iyanaar anna eppadi nu :sm12:

Sri, what did you expect from me? sollungo, I will fulfull your wish, if you expected some masala.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Masalakku nenga ethukku kasta padurenga athu naan sonthama ve thaiyarippen... athan geetham le side track poduren athukku meliya ungalukku masala venum

Nenga Pulli mattum vainga mithathatha nenga pathathu pakathuthu therinchathu theriyathau ellam nanga sollurom :sm12:

indhu2000
03-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Ippo dhaane konjam konjamaa unmai veliyil varudhu...innum konjam sollunga anainaar!
Ungaluku avangha dhaan rombha special peoples illaiyaa anainaar! Hahahaaaa...

gsatnan
03-03-2004, 07:59 PM
anna aadarsh....I normally come to the culturals.... few of my frnds conduct them... so had been for couple of the culturals... it wld be great to be surrounded by beautiful grls....
I second u madhu u can go more deep :lol:

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Ippo dhaane konjam konjamaa unmai veliyil varudhu...innum konjam sollunga anainaar!
Ungaluku avangha dhaan rombha special peoples illaiyaa anainaar! Hahahaaaa...

Oru fish appa appo naluvukitte irrunthuchu... athai pudikka seriyana oru aalu vanthu irrukanga :sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12:

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 08:08 PM
side track sri... I used this :Ksp: and asked 'ethuku peerthan nakalla' in suha pappa style-a.. :D

main track - I met kalpana(urvashi sis) in train,she is quite a bla bla and she was talking non stoppingly with us.. Director shankar with his family in a domestic flight in India ,have seen gayathri rahuram in guruvayur ..her sis was getting married there that time.. have seen Meena, bagyaraj, sundar.C,karan etc when they passed my cabin in train(various occasions).. have seen raguvaran 2 yrs back in kannimara...he was wearing a suite that day and looked smart..recently met him again in palani malai in thanga ther..he was standing opposite to us..this time he looked so lean and looked aged..

Have met ex.DMK minister rehman khan in a train..I was taveling alone that time.. We had a great debate abt politics..told him on his face what I think of politics..he gave interesting replies.. later on he started saying I look good and interesting to speak with..Told him I dont like people who praise me on the face...After few talks he said the same thing..His intentions might not have been bad..but as I was traveling alone, didnt want to indulge in more talks and said I needed to take rest and pulled my screen... Now when I think abt I feel.. pbly I overreacted a bit... Poor man...snubbed by a girl in her teens..

I always wanted to see atleast one cricket player..but didnt get a chance..have never watched even one cricket match sitting in a stadium.. hopefully I might watch next world cup (matches going to be conducted in US)... and would be very much interested to meet M.schumaker atleast from a distance...am crazy after him....

vennai1
03-03-2004, 09:05 PM
honey anne (:lol:) ,

neengo ivlo famous personalities meet seinju irukeengo.... :00:

I am starting to wonder :Ksp: ...now you are a celebrity too ! :Ksp:

its like they say in 6 degrees theory... ;)

so if i get a chance to meet you...it would make me connected with all

those celebs... ;)

I always wanted to see atleast one cricket player..but didnt get a chance..have never watched even one cricket match sitting in a stadium.. hopefully I might watch next world cup (matches going to be conducted in US)...

well...atlast...is this what they call irony.... i have been a regular at chepauk

grounds all my life i was in chennai ! ;) (still, I have not met with any of the

stars...but i still remember the pepsi shop owner very well... ;) ;))

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Victor...finally I made u feel better...right!?!!!!!

Oh..forgot to say one more thing...Met ajith and shalini once in adayar park..I saw ajith and thought he looks so familiar... suddenly it occured to me..oh..its ajit..but man..he had put on weight that time and looked short.. That was pbly a month after his marriage I think..I had a glimpse of shalini with a black dress..I really wanted to have a clear look at her..but they were sitting at the back of me..My sis & family who were sitting opposite to me were able to see them clearly..I had to turn my head and see if I had wanted to..but Ajit looked a bit rough & thenavettu..so I never turned to see them at all..

dinesh
03-03-2004, 09:19 PM
but not once they invited me for a dinner...

kavalai padathe sagothara......one day I'll become a big shot....then I'll invite you for dinner :lol:

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Victor...you always confuse with my gender. :( .. am not anne..

and by the way..I have just seen these people..spoke with only just a few.. If we visit hotels and travel to coimbatore by train ..we can see a lot of film actors and actresses... Thats how I have seen many... Other than that I am just another human being known only by family and friends..

anainar
03-03-2004, 09:30 PM
HoneyArjun,

That is Victor's speciality, to get confused with gender or use Anne universally. kandukaatheengo :D :D

Cheers

dinesh
03-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Victor...you always confuse with my gender. .. am not anne..

That's his style. I've tried a couple of times in your case, unsuccessfully, to convince him that he is "technically" wrong. :sm12:
And I don't think you'll be able to convince him either :sm12:

vennai1
03-03-2004, 09:38 PM
That's his style. I've tried a couple of times in your case, unsuccessfully, to convince him that he is "technically" wrong.
And I don't think you'll be able to convince him either

seri seri...ippo enna...honey akka-nnu sollanumaa.... honey akka !! pothumaa...! :lol:

iyanaar anne.... honey akka solraanga coimbatore pakkam train-la ponaa

neriya famous peeps paakalaamnu...unga experience elaathaiyum detail-aa sollungo.. ;)

dineshu.... you better become a celebrity...or atleast become someone notorious...

then my celeb count list will surely start ticking... :lol:

acho just pagidi da....dinner ennikku varattum ippave sollu... ;)

dinesh
03-03-2004, 09:40 PM
honey akka

Are we to understand Honeyarjun is 35+ years old, then? :think:

dineshu.... you better become a celebrity...or atleast become someone notorious...

then my celeb count list will surely start ticking...

acho just pagidi da....dinner ennikku varattum ippave sollu...

If you are gonna pay the bill then you are welcome anytime. If I have to pay it, you have to wait for some time :sm12:

vennai1
03-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Caution Sidetrack :: honey, a small tip for you... it would be much easier for you

to list the celebs you have not met than the other way around... ;)

btw, neenga next time flight-la pogum pothu sollidungo..naanum vandiren.. :lol:

(transit-la yaaraiyaavathu paathudalaam... on second thoughts, I guess even

that wont work...my unlucky star will rather make you not meet any celebs too... :lol:)

sri_gan
Victor...you always confuse with my gender. :( .. am not anne..

and by the way..I have just seen these people..spoke with only just a few.. If we visit hotels and travel to coimbatore by train ..we can see a lot of film actors and actresses... Thats how I have seen many... Other than that I am just another human being known only by family and friends..

This is not true.

vasan
Vennai Akka ! errrrrr sorry Anne !

Enakku the near the Great Lakes oru lawyer theriyum.. introduseee pannavaaa? Sema 'cimininal' mandai... :)

Vasan

Honeyarjun
calling me akka you victor thatha.. :evil: ...you are the oldest around here crossing 31... (he he..sorry to let out ur age which i remember seeing in a post.. :sm12: )

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 09:44 PM
What is not true sri??

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 09:46 PM
What is not true sri??

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Nenga unga gender nu nenachutengala.. appdina naan side track pottu sonna than :sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12::sm12:.

Naan sonnathu main track kku :sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12::sm12:

vasan
03-03-2004, 09:49 PM
ho.. solla marantha kadhai idhu...

i met mr gwb, as he was trotting the country for his primaries.. could not get into the auditorium as it was full.. so lot of people were standing outside on the lawn in small groups.. he finished his talk, came outside, went over to each and every group and spent few mins talking to every one the twenty or so groups.... quite a charmer actually in real life.. the next day, he finished off mr. mccain..

met mr kerry also last friday... we went out for dinner to one those jolly old places, and kerry was campaining and dropped in to the same restaurant for lunch.. we were like.. what the heck.. no bandhas at all.. compeletely normal guy... not many even cared...
And the next tuesday he trumped mr. edwards...

meeting me makes these people cement their candidacy.. :wink: ... what can I say.. :lol:

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 09:49 PM
you mean.. me saying we can meet celebrities when we travel to cbe by train and visit hotels??

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 09:52 PM
met mr kerry also last friday... we went out for dinner to one those jolly old places, and kerry was campaining and dropped in to the same restaurant for lunch.. we were like.. what the heck.. no bandhas at all.. compeletely normal guy... not many even cared...
And the next tuesday he trumped mr. edwards...

I like Kerry and it was a pleasant surprise he trumped edwards.. Edwards Looks smart though..he is only smart looking person in the pble candidates for election.. Hmmm..why ddi you meet kerry vasan instead of Edwards?? :cry:

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 09:56 PM
you mean.. me saying we can meet celebrities when we travel to cbe by train and visit hotels??

Flight le naa paka chance irruku.. or if you live in Pollachi filiming kku varupothu pakka chance irrukku...

Very rare to see by trains atleast nowadays.

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 09:57 PM
oh...ohhhhhh..kandu puduchiteengale!!!!!!!!!!!

vennai1
03-03-2004, 10:03 PM
This is not true.

correet viru...honey akka..is now a celebrity by all means ! :lol:

dinesh... naan :ush: :P

vennai1
03-03-2004, 10:07 PM
well.. peeps....with kerry thumpin huge on super tuesday...

i really wonder when are we going 2 c a black president here in USA! :00:

my heart goes out to Sharpton ! :pray: be strong buddy ! :sm12:

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 10:25 PM
oh...ohhhhhh..kandu puduchiteengale!!!!!!!!!!!

Nenga sonnathai katteri kitte sollungO avaru than kathai thedi kittu irrukaru :P

Honeyarjun
03-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Hmmmmm..ethai sollurathu??

sri_gan
03-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Nenga summa pesu nenganave namma katteri kku kathai kidachirum appuram avar pathupar.

suha
03-04-2004, 04:27 AM
unlike me...

vennai ji........... dont..... dont..... feel yaar.......... :cry:

celebretiya thaan kupidanumma .......yenna venna dinner ku kupidungo ok va :sm11: .............http://www.tamilterra.com/forum/images/avatars/gallery/Animated%20Dolls/LCBD41.gif how is it :sm10:

sagi
03-04-2004, 07:56 AM
Dinner itkkaga ippidi sandai podanuma? shy kita ketta sapadu poduvaanga ;)

vennai1
03-05-2004, 08:34 PM
unlike me...

vennai ji........... dont..... dont..... feel yaar.......... :cry:

celebretiya thaan kupidanumma .......yenna venna dinner ku kupidungo ok va :sm11: .............http://www.tamilterra.com/forum/images/avatars/gallery/Animated%20Dolls/LCBD41.gif how is it :sm10:

hey suha...thanks for those words ! :P

do one thing.. you become an actress... ;)

after that dont forgit 2 gimme a date for dinner ! :P

Bluelotus
03-06-2004, 09:26 PM
hmmm wow u guys r amazing how come u see so many celebs

Does tthat awful mouse Mickey count?...just kidding

Well the one person that I really wanted to see and did meet was my fav author Terry Pratchett, at a book signing

Don't worry Vennai1, ur probly gonna get loads of dinner invite from famous geethamites in the near future......
Other than tht my mum dragged us to the temple once cos the Queen and her stupid hubby were visiting tht day.

Next on my list of celebrities to meet is Thierry Henry ...just want a snap with the guy tht's all

dinesh
03-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Next on my list of celebrities to meet is Thierry Henry ...just want a snap with the guy tht's all

That's half the country's dream these days..... :)
Va Va voom ;)

vennai1
03-06-2004, 11:58 PM
That's half the country's dream these days.....
Va Va voom

oh my my my .... :Ksp: Bluelotus and dinesh...enna kathaikareengo... :think:

is this guy for real...sometime back jay leno was talking about this guy...!

who does he play for ?? manchester united ?? :think:

vasan
03-07-2004, 12:12 AM
That's half the country's dream these days.....
Va Va voom

oh my my my .... :Ksp: Bluelotus and dinesh...enna kathaikareengo... :think:

cor.. !! All these europeans raving about some soccer guy !! :wink: :wink: Whatever ... :Ksp:

I am happy to meet KB or KG or better still the Big Aristotle himself !! :wink: :wink:

vennai1
03-07-2004, 12:38 AM
I am happy to meet KB or KG or better still the Big Aristotle himself !!

hahaha... :sm12:

un aasai niraivera en vaazhthukal ! ;)

is it time for some NBA talk...?? may be someone should revive that

old thread hanging somewhere ! ;)

(hell yea... 'someone' -- sure meant to be ma FRienD smEElly.. ;)

Bluelotus
03-07-2004, 12:38 AM
chichi ...shame on u Vennai Man united sucks!!
Arsenal dude!

Vasan my dear man ...aristotle left this plannet ages ago....

vennai1
03-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Arsenal dude!

sorry anne blue... the other side of english channel... is not as educated... :lol:

on 2nd thoughts....well... :sm12:

PS: bluelotus... b4 you go :doh: Big aristotle is none other than LA big boy..Shaq! ;)

vasan
03-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Arsenal dude!

Blues, oh my dear blues..

Aristotle has left the planet ages ago.. but the BIG Aristotle is still shakin' it.. :) You are living on the wrong side of Atlantic.. thats why you don't feel the earth quaking... :wink: :P

dinesh
03-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Henry plays for Arsenal and France, and is one of the hottest properties in the world.....Best striker around.....hmmm...

So Bluey....you are an Arsenal gal then....hmmm... :think:

Bluelotus
03-07-2004, 12:50 AM
ooops ....a basketball player huh?

cha cha ...I'm definitely on the right side of the big ocean trust me....sepcially as all the good looking players r over here :D

vasan
03-07-2004, 12:56 AM
ooops ....a basketball player huh?

cha cha ...I'm definitely on the right side of the big ocean trust me....sepcially as all the good looking players r over here :D

duh... !!

All the better looking players are already shipped to Dallas.. and LA.. man.. you don't know what you are not seeing.. Not just the players - including the cheerleaders.. :wink: :wink: :)

Gotta watch the right sport, Blues....
Twenty or so people kicking around a ball for an hour or so.. ??
Whats that....... :Ksp: :wink: :wink: :wink: :P :P :P

OK.. before twenty people 'soccer hooligans' come and kick the heck outta mee.. me escapeeeee !!

Bluelotus
03-07-2004, 12:57 AM
roomba think panna vendham ...might fry up those brain cells of urs dinesh...just kidding...
Wot's wrong with arsenal..they're doing quite good so far me thinks...
But mind u if cher thierry doesn't perform in euro 2004..I'll probly curse him...

hmmm Vennai ...across the Atlantic or "la Manche" which is it?..

(never manged to get exited abt basketball....got sick of both netball and basketball at school...)

dinesh
03-07-2004, 01:04 AM
All the better looking players are already shipped to Dallas.. and LA.. man.. you don't know what you are not seeing.. Not just the players - including the cheerleaders..

Typical american view of sports....
1. There has to be more "entertainment" than the sports
2. The scores should be huge.
3. Loadsa ad breaks

BTW, did you guys ever wonder why the sports played by the americans are never popular outside the US? There is actually some more world outside the US you know... :sm12:

roomba think panna vendham ...might fry up those brain cells of urs dinesh...just kidding...
Wot's wrong with arsenal..they're doing quite good so far me thinks...

no...just wondering...... :sm12:

Bluelotus
03-07-2004, 01:19 AM
Absolutely ..I second dinesh....
the one which irritates me the most is American football....tht's just a weird rugby with extra pads..... :ee:

hmmm...doesn't Geetham have a sport section?.....cos we probly shouldn't deviate from the famous ppl topic too much
talking abt famous ppl....wouldn't mind getting an autograph of zinedine zidane either :D
so dinesh, do u support any FC?

dinesh
03-07-2004, 01:29 AM
so dinesh, do u support any FC?

Not in particular......but I like teams which play good attacking football (obviously not a liverpool fan :sm12: )

sHaLiNi_m
03-07-2004, 01:32 AM
i met madhavan when he came here for a program....at the program i never had the chance to talk to him...but as luck had it....my friends and i ran into him at a restaurant in downtown....we talked to him like for 5mins...and took a pic..he is really a nice guy..and very down to earth kinda guy....

sagi
03-07-2004, 02:45 AM
where i am staying not many tamils are around but i have met indian cricket team, australian, srilankan, newzealand cricket teams as well.

then i met krithik roshan and amesha pattel

next is bharathiya's great grand son - man he is so good with his songs...

next is singer suyatha and her family...we went outting together..

and always see actors andactress at the airports since i atravel a lot ;) but i am not crazy about them so i don't bother at all :)

yeap i hv seen maddy,bharathiraja, and so many carnatic singers :)

suha
03-07-2004, 03:10 AM
do one thing.. you become an actress...

after that dont forgit 2 gimme a date for dinner

victor ji...

me yaa :00: yen ippadi orru vessa perichai :Ksp: ...........paavam movie director :( .......naan 4 quetion keeka poi.......avara susite pannitaar naa :think: ............apuraam naa jailku poi.......... :doh: yeepadi naa actress aradhu :oops: .......... yeppo dinner sapidradhu......idhullam velliku agadhu :snooty: ......naan suha va vei irrundhutu porein...... :wink: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

acho cho thitadhinga chumma piggidi :pray:

suha
03-07-2004, 03:12 AM
krithik roshan and amesha pattel

sagi mom.......

kirithik roshan nu actor irrukangalla yenna :think: ...which feild la irrukanga :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

sagi
03-07-2004, 03:28 AM
kindal??? ithukku naanga sirikkanuma??

hey he looks like a "uricha koli" in real....yukkkyyyy i didn't like him in real...he looks good in movies only...

ravigoteti
03-26-2004, 06:53 AM
famous people..

when i was coming to toronto...i met Kris Srikanth at the airport. During a university fair..i went with my school mates...to University of Toronto. There i met/worked with a Dr and professor. He, incidentally, was a nobel prize winner!

rahul
03-30-2004, 01:08 PM
WOW YOU ALL HAVE GREAT LUCK TO SEE ALL THE STARS IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES

I ONLY SAW AN ACTOR, IT IS AJAY DEVGAN

THAT ALSO WHEN I WAS PASSING ON THE HIGHWAY (MALAYSIA, PUTRAJAYA), I SAW HIM SHOOTING FOR ONE FILM, I CANT REMEMBER THE FILM

BUT ONE THING I SAW THAT HE WAS SO DARK, NOT LIKE IN THE FILM....WHICH IS FAIR A BIT

GUYS !!!

BYE

vinodh_sai
04-17-2006, 06:54 AM
nb

chinglees
04-17-2006, 07:45 AM

Indhu same pinch.....naanum Anna adarsh la thaan padichen,infact both schooling n college i did there.......

:yes: indhu.. :yes: unique naanum :ee: aana verum college thaan :ee:

ns80
04-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Yesudas, Kadri Gopalnath - at a concert at school

Rajinikanth - dont remember. but sometime at a function in school.

SP. Muthuraman, Vyjayanthi Mala, A.R.Rahman - all during school annual day functions.

Prabhu, Manorama - seen multiple times. adhe area ;)

Vijayalakshmi & Navaneethakrishnan came for some college function.

Should have seen Dr. Abdul Kalam :doh: but like a stupid stayed at home during study holidays.

I remember my dad seeing Karunanidhi, Stalin at a marraige reception in Hotel Palmgrove 2 decades back. I was too little to know who they were.

coolian
04-17-2006, 03:46 PM
I've met a few famous people:

1. David Beckham - played soccer against him
2. Numerous carnatic/hindustani artistes (L Subramaniam was my violin class teacher for a month or so)
3. Mingled around with the Indian/Zimbabwean/West Indian cricket team
...a. Fielded for Zimbabwe during practice session (man, could Andy Flower whack the ball!)
...b. Spoke to Rahul Dravid, Courtney Walsh, Brian Lara (as well as the usual customaries with a lot of the rest of the cricketers)
4. Arun Gandhi - spoke to him for some 10 minutes
5. Linda Blair (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000304/) - I was on her show
6. A few football players now in the NFL
7. As for actors/actresses, I never cared much about these guys...saw a few when I was in India (I remember Gemini Ganesan, my mom was talking to him), but oh well, who cares...
8. Hariharan, Anuradha Sriram, Shankar Mahadevan (Hariharan, though my fav singer, can be the biggest shmuck sometimes)
9. Myself

goodcomplanboy
04-17-2006, 04:08 PM
cooli :think:

coolian
04-17-2006, 04:16 PM
GCB :think:

goodcomplanboy
04-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Beckham :think: :think:

coolian
04-17-2006, 04:29 PM
What about him?

goodcomplanboy
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
you played with him?

coolian
04-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah, isn't that what I said? :-\ I played against him when I was in Singapore. Man Utd was on an Asia tour and he came by my school for a 15 min exhibition match.

goodcomplanboy
04-17-2006, 04:48 PM
kewl :b:

Minnie
04-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Hmm...here's the list whom I have known/come across :P

Actor -- Have met all except Ajith,Arjun,Vikram.

Actress --- Except for Trisha,Namitha,Nayan...have met others.

Singers --- Have met all and been to their programs except for Gana Ulaganathan.

Have met Rajiv Gandhi ( when i was very small ),Jayalalitha,Karunanidhi,Stal in,and other party member except for Ramdass.

Cricketers --- Dravid.

Music Directors --- ARR,Deva.

Have met some more VIP's who are behind the screens too... :wink:

ching's :yes: :yes: me too from Adarsh but from Main branch. :P