PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Bush and Blair deserve a Nobel Prize for Peace?

appu
03-03-2004, 03:49 PM
US President George W Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair are among 194 individuals and organisations nominated for the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize.

Both leaders are architects of the war in Iraq, where dozens continue to be killed each week. But supporters say they actually helped achieve peace with their decisive action, and that peace and democracy would finally find roots in Iraq.

Detractors point to Afghanistan, where violent warlords still rule the provinces despite international efforts to bring the rule of law to the region.

gokulan42
03-03-2004, 03:59 PM
NOOOOO

priyaluv
03-03-2004, 05:10 PM
What a joke!!!

unique
03-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Naan kelvi pattadhu Pope and Bush r nominated for Nobel peace prize nu.....anyway modhala Bush perai edhai vechu nominate panni irukaanga......Ennaku therinju peace ndra vaarthaiye avan agardhila irukaadhu,maadhiriku peas(pattani) adhukooda saapida maatan pola,cos it sounds the same as peace.......

Ivanukku mattum NOBEL PEACE PRIZE koduthaanga then unmaiyava KALIKAALAM aarambichuduchunu artham....ivanaala ethanai lives loss :(

indhu2000
03-03-2004, 08:22 PM
ok...Its good joke...i too accepted...
But saddam close panna vera vazhi illaiye..peoples know that, saddam oru periya kodumai kaaran & avanoda atchium iraq-la rombha appavai makkala kashtapadithinadhu...So bush & tony dicession is good! Neraiya makkal sethu irukalaam...but ippo iraq-la oru amaidhi irukku illaiyaa...yethanai makkal ippo sandhoshathila irukirangha...Withour war iraq-la vidivu irukka chance illa...
Ippo nambha naatlum adhe prachanai nadakudhu..i mean paki & india kashmir problem...idhu yendha vidhathila sariyoo adhe vidhathila idhuvum sari dhaan...100 makkal sandhoshmaa irukka 10 ketta makkala saga adikiradhu thappu illa..indha 10 makala vittutom world-da nasanam paniduvaanga...So pls tell yr opeinion about my comments?

appu
03-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Ivanukku mattum NOBEL PEACE PRIZE koduthaanga then unmaiyava KALIKAALAM aarambichuduchunu artham....ivanaala ethanai lives loss :(

Well said Unique...aana Ivanukku bathila Ivarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr potturukkalam :ee: :ee:

appu
03-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Ippo nambha naatlum adhe prachanai nadakudhu..i mean paki & india kashmir problem...idhu yendha vidhathila sariyoo adhe vidhathila idhuvum sari dhaan...100 makkal sandhoshmaa irukka 10 ketta makkala saga adikiradhu thappu illa..indha 10 makala vittutom world-da nasanam paniduvaanga...So pls tell yr opeinion about my comments?

Naalu paer nalla irukkanumna enna venumnalum pannalam.....aana antha naalu paeru yaarnu thanae paechae....all most all the people beleave the war on iraq is meant not to save iraq people....it is to eradicate any future threat to US.....people is iraq says under sadams rule they had food to eat...electricity was there...they were safe...but now they dont have even shelter...

Bluelotus
03-04-2004, 11:47 AM
I agree with above post. Sadam Hussain may have been a tyrant and broken many basic human right laws, etc.. However I simply can't belive that they got rid of him simply for the good of the Iraqi ppl. Wasn't he supported by earlier US administrations?
Another thing that ppl keep forgetting is that Iraq has nver been a country of one nation, but one of many tribal and ethnic groups living together in a" British made country". Now Sadam may be a complete ******... but he managed to hold the country together. The war on Iraq imo has opened up a huge Pandorra's box in the middle-east which may take years to close.

The whole sugggestion that Bush and Blair should get a prize for the war is absolutely ludicrous, even more so than nominating Jaques Chirac!
PPl should be praised for peaceful negotiations not for starting a war regardless of the end result, and frankly the current end-result in Iraq sucks big time......perhaps we may end up with another Iran in the region?

gokulan42
03-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Ippo nambha naatlum adhe prachanai nadakudhu..i mean paki & india kashmir problem...idhu yendha vidhathila sariyoo adhe vidhathila idhuvum sari dhaan...

Indhu, good comments. But, what you said doesnt make sense. Kashmir is part of India and Iraq is NOT part of US (nor US can claim that way). So, dont compare these two.

unique
03-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Indhu u got it all wrong....Saddam was just a entry point for Bush to get into Iraq....illati edhai saaku vechu avan Iraq kula nuzhanju iruka mudiyum. Moreover caputring Saddam alone not was his aim. He wanted US to hold place in Iraq so that US culd have a better hold on the Oil fields.....

100peru nalla iruka 10 peru saagalamnu soneenga.....but andha 10peru shuld nt be innocent lives.........Did u know how many innocent lives were killed in this war??(kanaku ketkalai summa sollaren).......

Moreover pls don t compare India with Iraq....India thanoda urimaikaga sandai podudhu.....

arunsharavan
03-05-2004, 01:25 AM
Do you think Bush and Blair deserve a Nobel Prize for Peace?

EXCUSE MEEE!!!

gokulan42
03-05-2004, 01:47 AM
The reason for war itself can be a big topic ;) Saddam's decision to sell oil in Euro (he was the only leader other than european leaders) is one among the major decision. As Bush said, too many games were being played (he conveniently forgot about US's there).

san2003
03-05-2004, 05:31 AM
US President George W Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair are among 194 individuals and organisations nominated for the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize.

OMG....WAT? ... NO WAY.... not for them
for the pope might be reasonable... for these 2 ppl.... NO WAYZ!!!!!
r they crazy to give it to BUSH?.... MADNESS!!!

Comenaughty
03-05-2004, 07:05 AM
ppl have misunderstood abt nominations to the nobel prize. in fact all that needs to be considered for nobel prize is a recommendation from a politician of noway. so it isnt a big deal to be nominated for nobel prize.

and anyways, though the rights of US in entering iraq is being questioned and debated, one cannot overlook the tortures irqis had to undergo under saddam;s regime and its a good thing that the dictatorship have been put to an end.

san2003
03-05-2004, 07:26 AM
and anyways, though the rights of US in entering iraq is being questioned and debated, one cannot overlook the tortures irqis had to undergo under saddam;s regime and its a good thing that the dictatorship have been put to an end.

but to end the dictatorship... so many lives were taken.... caused by Bush... don't u think he does not deserve a nobel peace prize.. he definetely doesn't coz it seems he did not bring peace.. the issue of iraq does not only imply on iraq only but can be affected in other issues

Comenaughty
03-05-2004, 07:36 AM
well, i never supported bush for a nobel peace prize.....

but i definitely support the action of throwing away of saddam.....and san, now u talk abt the value of an iraqi life now after a war.....wat were u doing when nearlt 500000 ppl were affected with incurable diseases during his regime? where was ur voice when ppl were killed, murdered, raped, molested etc and etc in iraq during saddam's regime and never got in paper? do u know how many women were raped by his two sons? do u know every iraqi child born after the gulf war in early 1990's suffered from diseases coz they had a medicine embargo?

loss of lives in a war is ok as long as peace can be ensured to the remaining majority population.... otherwise with saddam and co. in power, it wud have been jus time which separated the entire iraqi population to be annihilated and wiped out

sagi
03-05-2004, 10:49 AM
What the,,,,,,oopsss ;)

san2003
03-06-2004, 01:11 AM

but i definitely support the action of throwing away of saddam.....and san, now u talk abt the value of an iraqi life now after a war.....wat were u doing when nearlt 500000 ppl were affected with incurable diseases during his regime? where was ur voice when ppl were killed, murdered, raped, molested etc and etc in iraq during saddam's regime and never got in paper? do u know how many women were raped by his two sons? do u know every iraqi child born after the gulf war in early 1990's suffered from diseases coz they had a medicine embargo?

loss of lives in a war is ok as long as peace can be ensured to the remaining majority population.... otherwise with saddam and co. in power, it wud have been jus time which separated the entire iraqi population to be annihilated and wiped out

ohok... sori probably i din know much about saddam's ruling in Iraq b4... well... even if Bush brought peace that way.... he's not eligible for a nobel peace prize :)
thanx naughty for ur clear explanation :)

sagi mummy..... athe enna wat the oopss? :nono: :nono: .... hahahaha.... jokin ok ;)

unique
03-06-2004, 01:30 AM

Naughty

Killiing,murdering,raping this does nt happen in Iraq alone,it happens in all the other countries too.....but am not supproting Saddam on this. Do u mean to say that Bush by waging war on Saddam wuld bring in some peace to Iraq. Infact the situation is getting worse in Iraq day by day......for this they have nominated him for Nobel peace prize........

Children being affected in Iraq....who was the reason for that.........Moreover Iraq valarthu vittadhu yaaru,indha US thaane so that they culd supress Iran......so paadhiku reasons ivangale irukkum podhu,just cannot say that waging war n killing innocent lives were reasonable....Ofcourse now that Saddam is out of his power,people shuld be happy n peaceful but that is not happening..........

sagi
03-07-2004, 03:37 AM
what else to say here SAN ;)

san2003
03-07-2004, 01:48 PM
what else to say here SAN ;)

hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :yes: :yes:

sagi
03-08-2004, 08:00 AM
san :yes:

ragi_kutty
03-08-2004, 01:13 PM
ANDHA பன்டி Bush ku nobel price ellam thevai paduthaaa?........

:(

sagi
03-08-2004, 01:14 PM
athu thaane..i agree with ragi :yes:

ragi_kutty
03-08-2004, 01:17 PM
good diiiiiiii............hey really do u mean it?...... :)

sagi
03-09-2004, 01:27 AM
yes i did if you did ;) hehehehe

jina
03-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Bush and Blair getting nominated for the Nobel Price is really a funny idea, next year Saddam and Osama are going to be nominated?
You are going love or hate what I am going to write, keep in mind that these are facts.

1.5 million people (500000 children) died from the end of the First Gulf War to the beginning of the Second Gulf War. They were caused by malnourishments, lack of medical assistance, etc. Theses situation was created by the UN sanctions, so how can you hold Saddam responsible for what US & UK advocated in the UN’s policies? His sons did rape, murder, molest etc. but name a country where these things don’t happen?

Another interesting fact, mass killings took place after Bush Sr. told the Kurds in the north and Shi’ates in the south to revolt. He promised them that he’ll support them but the support never came so Saddam put many in mass graves (don’t think this is a bad thing, people revolted against him so he had to stop the rebellion). Blame Bush Sr. for it since he was the one who was responsible for it.

Every single person who knew about the region knew what will happen to the country after Saddam is gone. Saddam had absolute power, with it he controlled all of Iraq, now that he’s gone it’s going to result in a massive civil war between Shi’ates and Sunnis, this conflict started 1200 years ago, so it’s nothing new. Majority of the population will never have peace now. Saddam would have not wiped out the population because the US & UK enforced an illegal no-fly zone in the north and the south to help those who were supposedly being harmed by Saddam.

During Iran-Iraq war US and their buddies including France supplied Iraq chemical and biological weapons to fight against the Iranians, US and Iraq had a strong relationship, people like **** Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld and many current high ranked US officials were in that US Government that supported Saddam, BTW Bush Sr. was head of the CIA during that time.

Damn I wrote too much :00: , if you have any further questions you can ask me. :ee: