PDA

View Full Version : physical looks-ku mukiyatuvam taruvatu yaar...Guys or Gals?

arunsharavan
03-07-2004, 05:08 AM
hey everyone,
Love panra munnadi thannoda spouse-a select panrathu-la physical looks-kku adiga mukiyathuvam tharuvathu yaaru??? Pengala illai Angala??(If it is not arranged marriage)
Enna solreenga??
Actually I have some mixed views in this issue....

Arun

sagi
03-07-2004, 05:24 AM
I think mostly it's guys and thier families.......
Especially in our society...guys just admit it MOSTLY its you guys.....
[avangala periya manmatharaasa ennu avaalukke nenaippu :lol:]

gokulan42
03-07-2004, 05:48 AM
One obvious choice is missing. that is 'both'

sagi
03-07-2004, 05:50 AM
Gokulan i think the question is about "mostly"
manni enna solraapola? ;)

vasan
03-07-2004, 05:56 AM
Che.. che... che..

Boys never go for looks. Other things may be - but never the looks.

gokulan42
03-07-2004, 05:58 AM
Obviously she gave importance to appearence ;)

sagi
03-07-2004, 06:03 AM
appearence of your innercore...not the way you look..appidi avanga paarthiruntha ungala kalyaanam panni irukka maataaanga..:lol:

Vasan - Solratha nera sollunga...seems like men also give hints ;)

gokulan42
03-07-2004, 06:06 AM
hey, i dont look that bad

She fell for my looks than anything else (she dint know much about my innercore) :)

sagi
03-07-2004, 06:08 AM
Itho paarda anna, Manni unga uruvatha paarththo, manasa paartho ungala kalyanam pannikala...haiyooo paavam ennu thaankatti kittanga. :lol:

hehehe aama ivaru periyaa manmatha raasa . you are manmatharasa to manni only..understand?

vasan
03-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Boys never go for looks.

Vasan - Solratha nera sollunga...seems like men also give hints ;)

What is more direct than the previous statement? :Ksp: :Ksp:

If you call this as a hint, I don't know what is "nera sollarathu.. !!" :00: :00:

sagi
03-07-2004, 06:11 AM
வாசா :nono:

anyway you are too small for this...come to the question...agree with me or not??

lodestar
03-07-2004, 06:36 AM
guys never give importance for looks...

guys understand that looks fade with time...so what they search is for a understanding partner.but if the gal he finds to be fit for him is also good looking just like a bonus... :b:

it is only in the cinema that the hero sees the heroine at first sigt gets frozen by her beauty and loves her....but real life la apadi vantha may be first day love... second day marriage(if it was really love) ,third day divorce nu pogalam :?

sagi
03-07-2004, 06:43 AM
guys never give importance for looks...

I DON'T AGREE WITH THE WORD "never"

lodestar
03-07-2004, 06:47 AM
seri athu thappu na.....pinna vera enna word podanum neengale sollunga

arunsharavan
03-07-2004, 06:56 AM
One obvious choice is missing. that is 'both'

I thought of adding that option as well...I avoided it coz everyone will go for that option only...so, now it is MOSTLY as Sagi said....

My answer is
the importance to physical looks has been given mostly by gals...I dont know how I got this feeling, but especially in front of the society they (the gals) want their husbands to look more handsome, tall and to have the other charming stuffs...
The (we) guys are not that picky about physical looks...we care about the internal beauty...
THIS IS MY PERSONAL HUMBLE OPINION...IF YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL(OR HANDSOME), THEN IT IS GOD'S GIFT FOR YOU, BUT IF YOU ARE NOT BEAUTIFUL, THEN IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT...COZ YOU (NOBODY) DONT HAVE THE PRIVELAGE TO CHOOSE YOUR FACE AND OTHER FEATURES....

Arun

reks
03-07-2004, 07:13 AM
nope :)... i think guys give more importance to looks... ponnu pakrapo color, height, weight'nu oru long list of specifications... i dont think girls do that.. girls might expect their partners to be smart (thats not too much right)... but not handsome, color etc.. guys are more particular about color, height etc...

Vasan, care to explain those other things :wink:
(is it being bushti like RENEE :lol: :lol: :lol: )

sagi
03-07-2004, 07:39 AM
Reks, I have been trying to tell the same point from the beggining. Mostly guys care about these things.... most of them have this " 5 amsa korikkai"....so it's them...not us.. ;)

I can give a kick to your point reks..girl's side

1) Arranged marriage - ofcourse the parents care about the guy's family, hiswork, environment... so they don't care about how he looks

2) Love marriage - mostly a guy and girl start with friendship....then turns into love so there also no importance to guy's look

reks
03-07-2004, 08:02 AM
exactly sagi... infact girls give more importance to character... nalla payan.. minimal ketta palakams etc...

vasan
03-07-2004, 08:29 AM
nope :)... i think guys give more importance to looks... ponnu pakrapo color, height, weight'nu oru long list of specifications... i dont think girls do that.. girls might expect their partners to be smart (thats not too much right)... but not handsome, color etc.. guys are more particular about color, height etc...
Vasan, care to explain those other things :wink:
(is it being bushti like RENEE :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Enna ippadi Renee' ellam ilukireenga.. Paavam antha ponnu.. Anyways neenga & Sagi romba varuthappattu ketta thaale solluren... Nalla paarunga... :wink:

Height, weight, color ethumey paarkarathu illa paaa.. other things are other things... things that are not included in looks category.. any thing other than that.. :wink: Nambungo.. please.. :oops: :oops: :oops:

to prove my point: :cool: :cool:

No problem with color: Ashanti is OK. Britney is OK.
No problem with weight: Kate Hudson is OK. Kate Winslet is OK.
No problem with height: Meera Jasmine is OK. Sushmita Sen is OK. (or Salma & Giesele !!)
Ethinicity (as with looks): Charlize is OK. Aishwarya is OK. Zhang Ziyi is OK. Shakira is OK. Beyonce is OK... Pakkaththu Veetu Ponnu Trisha is OK. Russian Anna Kournikova is also OK.

See how broad minded the guys are. Except perhaps some handful of guys, every one else in Geetham would agree with what I wrote here... :P :P :P :P :P

What is important? Ability to think on their own. Grace. Humility. Self esteem. Talent. Gift of the gab. Freedom. Rational Mind. Smile. And so on... :wink:

Intha comments podhumaa illai innum konjam venumaa... :wink: :cool: :P

reks
03-07-2004, 08:41 AM
:doh: kunnakudi karupayi thavira ellaryum soliteenga... avungalayum sethukrathu.. paavam

Intha comments podhumaa illai innum konjam venumaa...

pothum thalaiva.. ithuvae over dose :lol:

vasan
03-07-2004, 08:57 AM
:doh: kunnakudi karupayi thavira ellaryum soliteenga... avungalayum sethukrathu.. paavam
... pothum thalaiva.. ithuvae over dose :lol:

Avanga konjam vasaanavanga Reks. We should respect the age, right? Appuram manusannu sollikka ethum illaama poividum.. athuthaan.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sagi
03-07-2004, 09:21 AM
haiyoo ithukkelam naan ok solla matten. Athenna famous girls are ve nenaikiringa? Ithila irunthu theriyutha unga expectations eppidi irukkendu :lol:
SO i think i don't have to explain more...
sagi :lol: vasan

reks
03-07-2004, 09:23 AM
saringa :sm03:

Avanga konjam vasaanavanga Reks

wats that vasan anavanga... :sm12: vaYASU anavanga (tamil vathiyarkae tamil thaka thimi thom'a :Ksp: )

sagi
03-07-2004, 09:34 AM
ஆனைக்கும் அடி சறுக்கும் - Am i right vasan ?

vasan
03-07-2004, 10:07 AM
haiyoo ithukkelam naan ok solla matten. Athenna famous girls are ve nenaikiringa?

wats that vasan anavanga... vaYASU anavanga (tamil vathiyarkae tamil thaka thimi thom'a )

ஆனைக்கும் அடி சறுக்கும் - Am i right vasan ?

Reks!

மன்னிச்சுக ்கோங்க மேடம் !! நடு ராத்திரில போஸ்ட் போட்டா, இப்படிதான் .. தூக்க கலக்கம்.. :) தாங்க்ஸ்.. சரிபண்ணினத ற்கு... (கடவுளே.. இந்த வாக்கியாமா வது தப்பு இல்லாம இருக்கட்டு ம். அப்புறம் சுஹா கிட்ட கூட திட்டு வாங்க வேண்டி இருக்கும்.. !!) :oops: :oops:

Sagi,

I could have given examples of all my classmates names too.. but how would you know? So, for convenience I quoted the famous girls. You can change the names to whichever is convenient for you.. No problemo.. :P :P :P (Yendaa ippadi yengitte vaai kuduththu maatikiree.. hmm... :D :D )

அது என்ன ஆனைக்கும் அடி சறுக்கும்? (குண்டா இருக்கிற ஒரு மிருகத்தை தான் உதாரணமா சொல்லனுமா?) ஏன், சச்சின் டெண்டுல்கர ் கூட 'டக்-அவுட்' ஆவர்ன்னு சொல்லக் கூடாதா? :wink: Objection your honor. Please change the proverb.. :P :P :P

sagi
03-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Oh, Unga classmates ellam ivanga pola vera vera idathila irunthu vanthavangalo?? Katha vidaathinga Vasan [வளர்த்த கன்று மார்பிலே பாய்கின்றத ு] hehehe

Nop, I like to stick with the real version. I don't use "thiruttu video" so NO change in my proverbs ;)

[kunda irukira mirukamnu sollathing...chinna erumu kitaye athan patcha palikkathu]

sri_gan
03-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Simple as it is, its both.

san2003
03-07-2004, 02:03 PM
i think... men like to go for looks more than girls.... reason.... as some has mentioned... guys for for height, weight, n watever.... coz all my guyfriends (im not talking about 1 or 2... about 10 maybe) .... the first thing they look in girls... APPEARANCE.. .and BEAUTY!!!!
so wats up guys... don't u all agree?
another reason... most of the girls i see around... majority.. the really pretty ones and the quite good looking gals, their bf's would be jus ok... not too bad (no offence :))
this means .. girls dun go for looks... :) ok va?

sri_gan
03-07-2004, 02:10 PM
San,

Appadi partha, why does women tend to look good?

Actually Looking good is just a personal preference each human to have.

Its equal..

Even solla ponna, pasangala vida ponnunga pasangala pathu adikira comments athingam yaarukkum theriyathu nu nenachukittu irrukenga... :D

katteri
03-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Physical look nu solreengha entha context nu sollaliaye...

Does men/women care much on his/her personal apperance?
Does men/women look after physical look of opposite sex???

Rendu kelvi first kelvi easy

Vittula mirror parunghaa eppa parthalum clean a irukkum....obviuosly men doesnt spend time to look at the mirror...
Moonchiya prthuttu kannaidyaa thei thei nu theipangha girls
''Patharasam kanner vittu azhghirathu.... Aiyo en seiven ennai surnadukirarghale''

Life of mirror decreases when girls uses mirror .oru ex give onemiroor two each guy and girl see aftera year mirror with guy wud be better than girl...in extreme cases girl wud have thrown the mirror and bought a new one........................... .............

sagi
03-07-2004, 02:19 PM
ஆனல் அதில் கண்ணியம் இருக்கும்... .சிலதை தான் எங்களால் பேச முடியும்...ஆ னால் பல ஆண்களால் எல்லாவற்றை யும் பேச முடியும் [ இது எங்களுக்கு தெரியும், தெரியாதுன் னு நெனைக்க வேண்டாம்.]

sri_gan
03-07-2004, 02:33 PM
ஆனல் அதில் கண்ணியம் இருக்கும்... .சிலதை தான் எங்களால் பேச முடியும்...ஆ னால் பல ஆண்களால் எல்லாவற்றை யும் பேச முடியும் [ இது எங்களுக்கு தெரியும், தெரியாதுன் னு நெனைக்க வேண்டாம்.]

Pesurathunu airuchu.. ithule vengayam enna vellakennai enna?

gokulan42
03-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Itho paarda anna, Manni unga uruvatha paarththo, manasa paartho ungala kalyanam pannikala...haiyooo paavam ennu thaankatti kittanga. :lol:

hehehe aama ivaru periyaa manmatha raasa . you are manmatharasa to manni only..understand?

Hey, no manmatharasa stuff. I am unique and I want to remain that way :cool:

your manni thinks I am ok looking and some of the gals whom I had interest (as friends I mean :ee:) felt the same way. That is enough :)

gokulan42
03-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Actually Looking good is just a personal preference each human to have.

Its equal..

Exactly. And, why are you guys debating as if its a sin to give importance to appearence in your partner. Its universal .. thats how it works and there is no wrong guys n gals

butterfly
03-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Vittula mirror parunghaa eppa parthalum clean a irukkum....obviuosly men doesnt spend time to look at the mirror...

Coz veetile thalai seevi singarichu bikele pogarthu kulle ellam kalanjidumnu therium....so bike mirror parthu thalai seevi adjust panikarthu sagajam thane??

vasan,
nalla sonengo....unga kadhai ellam padichu paarungo...evalavu azhaga note panni irukeengo ungha storiesle vara ponnungalai :)...mudi eppadi iruku,kannu evalavu perisu ;)...

I feel both men & women admire beauty...its natural...the only difference is men keeps admiring beauty to their grave...women stop after they are married or after having kids :)

Honeyarjun
03-07-2004, 05:45 PM
In general.. Both gender give importance to looks...That is understandable..No harms in giving imp to physical beauty as looks is what attracts a person first..then knowing the real person afterwards will help them to stick on with the relationship..

On this topic...Even though both men and women give imp to looks..Men tend to see the physical aspect more than the women..women kind of stop seeing the physical aspects once they start liking the inner beauty... where for Men,Physical beauty comes first always!!!!!!!

anainar
03-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Hmmm! Interesting topic. As usual Sagi making sweeping statements.

Guys dont give importane to looks. They might have a basic cut off and anyone who crosses that will be considered. I am saying this for getting into a serious relationship like marriage. Drooling, yes, we drool at people from Aish and Anna Kournikova to Renee.

I dont think women are any different. They also follow the same rules.

Cheers

Bluelotus
03-07-2004, 06:13 PM
buterfly:

women stop after they are married or after having kids

noooo....r U saying tht just because they r mothers they become immune to beauty?..nope they look and drool inside their heads...and tht's all they do...they don't tell the world and his wife....hence we think they r saints

Of course both genders look at physical attributes...one would be blind if they didn't.
But I do agree with most of the ladies here, men do give slightly more importance to looks than women (some may say the reason for this is tht women spend more time looking at the flashy car)......the fact remains that many ugly men have very beautiful women on their arms.

Women do tend to look for a stable and understanding partner ....a bit taller than them but height isn't a big issue, it can be quite flexible.....while men assume that any potential mate they will have, will be flexible enough to adapt to their wishes and lifestyle and thus look for good looking women.

sure I generalised everything....it does of course vary from one individual to the next...
And they are very nice men who r not shallow....just like they r shallow women.......

gokulan42
03-07-2004, 06:17 PM
They might have a basic cut off and anyone who crosses that will be considered.Cheers

:ee: :ee:

This is true for ladies too. And, it varies from person to person what the cut off value and how you give marks ;) :ee:

Shy
03-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Its not gender specific.

Gunda, karuppa, little brinjal mathiri irukara girls'a guys wont accept. Athae mathiri barrel stomach, football ground, short etc etc, girls are reluctant to marry unless they are forced to.. i mean paiyan kedaikaama forced to get marry somethign like that. So as a human nature, both tend to give importance to their looks and as well as their partners.

Shy

RaasuKutty
03-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Athae mathiri barrel stomach, football ground, short etc

barrel stomach... football ground... i am not able to stop laughing.... :sm12: :sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12: expressive words...

main topic.. both men and women sail on the same boat till marriage... but from what I have seen, men stop giving too much importance to looks after marriage... for women.. it goes and goes and goes and never ends...

Bluelotus
03-07-2004, 07:36 PM
mind u humpty dumpty and little egg-plant would make a lovely coulpe don't u think?

but humtpy is probly checking out the cucumbers and egg-plant is dreaming of some TDH......

Raasukutti:

men stop giving too much importance to looks after marriage... for women.. it goes and goes and goes and never ends...

in which planet pa?
If u mean women r far more vain than men....then tht's rubbish....they r both equally vain.
Looks and appearance matter to both genders equally whether or not they r married and with grandkids...after all these days it's all abt one's image

But I still stand by my opinion that to men the physical attributes of their partners do matter more than to women.

gokulan42
03-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Scientifically, it is proven that even kids like (no bad intentions) good looking adults :)

It start from birth until you die. That is life and thats how it goes. WE can pretend like we are not ;)

vasan
03-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Oh, Unga classmates ellam ivanga pola vera vera idathila irunthu vanthavangalo?? Katha vidaathinga Vasan [வளர்த்த கன்று மார்பிலே பாய்கின்றத ு] hehehe

Nop, I like to stick with the real version. I don't use "thiruttu video" so NO change in my proverbs ;)

[kunda irukira mirukamnu sollathing...chinna erumu kitaye athan patcha palikkathu]

வளர்த்த கன்று மார்பில பாயலையே... வழி மாறி, பக்கத்து குட்டி சுவத்தில இல்ல பாயுது. :lol: :lol:

I am not telling you any tall tales, my dear Girl. Honest truth. I went to elementary school in a small village in India (total school population <60 !!). And for high school I went to a slightly bigger school, where only for +2 there were girls (just so you know, I didn't attach much importance to girls older than me.. :oops: :oops: )... And College was in the city (girls from all over my dist came by, many were class mates) some more colleging in madras (happened to be a big school so, people from all over the state and some from out of state too were there... True, mechanical did not have any girls.. but the first year is always jolly.. :wink:) now further schooling in a really crazy school in US... all sorts of girls from all over the world are my class mates.. .. Some are in my own research groups too... So in essence orutharaiyum vittu vachathu illai.. :oops: :P :P

Kiddo.. I know what I am talking about.... I am DOWNRIGHT Cosmopolitan.. :ee: :ee: You would not know their names - or I could recite them too.... All of them are nice, great folks (many not available to my dismay.. :( )... I speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth..

So Sagi... dear old Priyasagi.. please change your opinions about guys... :) :) :)

And Shy.. whats that about brinjaals, any way? Salma Hayek is barely 5'2'' and Giesele Bundsen is 6+... both are acceptable... Just gotta have a 'broad mind'... :) :)

Man.. I am having such a blast talking in this post...

Paavam Sagi... Biting more than she could swallow this time.. :)

Vasan

ps: Before some one jumps onto hasty conclusions about my impeccable cahracter, let me add, I liked all of my friends and class mates... I still am good friends many of them.. (all married and with kids now.. !!).. I have no 'interest' in them. I am saying its is more than possible that I could have married them - and any girl I meet in future would also be like one of them.. (how can I choose a girl who can't be my friend, and if she is my friend, then some of her 'nature' would be like my other friends.. logical, right?) so... Indeed, like many would agree, a girl with little antennas in her head and all the way from Mars.. or Mangolia would also add more spice to life.. :b: :b: Broad minded folks... thats all.. :) :) And an uncanny ability to look at a person's 'soul' rather than their outward appearences alone.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sri_gan
03-08-2004, 04:51 AM
And Shy.. whats that about brinjaals, any way? Salma Hayek is barely 5'2'' and Giesele Bundsen is 6+... both are acceptable... Just gotta have a 'broad mind'...

Vasankku yaarubaa tahu ponnu pakurathu??? Chinese Girl ellam vendam avarukku oru kulla kathirikaiya pathu line le serthu vitturunga... mars le irrunthu varathuga appdithan irrukkum red planet ache :D.

sagi
03-08-2004, 06:33 AM
Ninga unga story sollitinga..but May be you should go back to your old village primary school and ask your teach about the word "MOSTLY" :lol: :lol:
Vasan , Vasan...ellarum enna eppada kavippomnu nenaikirele thavira...naan solra words a kavanikkiringa illiye? :lol: . Ningalaavathu india la irunthu vanthinga..naan poranthathe velinattila...from kindergarden , still today n university..i am also with GUYS from so many diff cultures..>....I know about them as well. ANy girls here agree with Vasan?? come on..

Enna Vasan ennaiya kasappa vilunga vachi intha fever a pokkattuvinga ennu paarththa? ningale vilungittele?? ;)

May be Vasan should go back yo my first post :) okay guru?

sagi
03-08-2004, 06:34 AM
Srigan, this is very bad..ethukku ningale ungala thittikkiringa??? :lol:

Bluelotus
03-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Sagi I know wot u mean................submerged by ppl of different nations and cultures....to such an extent that we r able to admire and appreciate beauty in all it's glorious forms

sri_gan
03-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Srigan, this is very bad..ethukku ningale ungala thittikkiringa??? :lol:

Vasana kku ponnu pakkuravangalukku recommend pannaina.. ungalukku ethukku kovam varuthu :sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12:

Kulla Kathirakka romba kodachal kodukuthooo :sm12:

indhu2000
03-08-2004, 11:37 PM
hey i will share my feelings here...

naan love marriage..paartha kaadhal alla, paarkaadha kadhal!!!Naan yein husband-m near 1 year love pannom...but yennoda husband, naan yeppadi irupeinnu paarpadharkaaga avar avoroda sisters-sa paarka anupitta piragu dhaan yenna ok panaar..but idhu yenakku ippo dhaan theriya vandhadhu, i mean after my marriage...so yenna porutha varai girls love & affection rombha yedhir paarpaangha..guyz most probably out look-ku dhaan importent tharrangha....adhukaaga naan sridevi-nu sollala... :sm12:

sagi
03-09-2004, 12:44 AM
sri what?!!!!! kulla katharikka? !!??

katteri
03-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Coz veetile thalai seevi singarichu bikele pogarthu kulle ellam kalanjidumnu therium....so bike mirror parthu thalai seevi adjust panikarthu sagajam thane??

Bikela mirror for safety of driver, of course sila perukku site adikavum use aaguthu....

sagi
03-10-2004, 12:53 AM
anupavammmmmmmo mamaaa ?

Minik
03-10-2004, 01:38 AM
I think men look into beauty more than women. I agree with reks and sagi. women dress up for their man, if a woman don't dress up properly the man would not show any interest in her. when you go out for shopping or for other reasons, its the men who looks around at the girls and comment about her to the wife saying look at her. but women never says to husband hey look at that man. so men give importance to beauty more than woman.

sri_gan
03-10-2004, 01:57 AM
sri what?!!!!! kulla katharikka? !!??

Here are some rare snaps of varities of Kulla Kathrikais...

http://www.oddanchatrammarket.com/Brinja5.jpg

http://www.oddanchatrammarket.com/Brinja6.jpg

sagi
03-10-2004, 02:05 AM
hehehe vasan likes the 1st one or the 2nd one??

vasan
03-10-2004, 02:21 AM
Both the katharikkas are OK for me.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I told ya sagi.. Color is not an issue with me.. ha.. ha..ha..

suha
03-10-2004, 02:27 AM
katrika yedhuku samichi sapidavaa???????? :think:

sri_gan
03-10-2004, 02:37 AM
Both the katharikkas are OK for me.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I told ya sagi.. Color is not an issue with me.. ha.. ha..ha..

Dude,

You only advised about having broad mind :sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12::sm12:

Bluelotus
03-10-2004, 03:15 AM
hmmm perhaps Sri_gan u should include a wider variety of vegetables.....how abt some chinese turnips, italian tomatoes, etc...

(I didn't know u could have white egg-plants....guess those must be the original aubergine which gave rise to the name)

sagi
03-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Oh Ok. Rombha thaarala manasu ungalukku Vasan :)