PDA

View Full Version : Roti(ரொட்டி) : Poori varieties

priyageeth
03-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

Here are some varietis of pooris:
Sweet Poori:wheat flour-2 cups,maida-1/4 cup,grated coconut-1cup,sugar-1/2cup,cashew-10,cardamom powder-1/2t.sp.,salt-1pinch,oil-as required,milk-1/2cup,ghee-2t.sp.
Mix atta flour,maida,ghee,milk and salt with little water into a dough.Mix sugar,finely cut cashews and cardamom powder with the grated coconut.Take a small sized ball from the dough and make it into a cup.put a little of the the coconut pooranam and close the ball.Then roll it into poori and deep fry in oil.Fry immediately after putting the pooranam inside.

Green poori:Atta flour,palak keerai-1 bunch,green chillies-3,ginger-1 piece,ghee-2 t.sp.,salt and oil.
Clean the keerai and boil it with chillies and ginger in water.Allow it to cool.Then drain the water fully and grind it into a soft paste.Mix the ground paste with atta, ghee and salt into a dough.If you need water for mixing use the drained water from the keerai.Divide the dough into small balls and roll the balls into pooris and deep fry them in oil.Serve them with veg.kurma or tomato sauce as side dish.
Try these pooris and have a nice time.Good Luck. :D :D :D
priyageeth

Shy
03-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Thanks priyageeth, sweet one, I used to make at times, But gren ones, I havent tried at all, Will try both of urs soon and will let u know :D

BTW, Welcome to Geetham :) Hope u have good time here !!!

See u around :)

Shy

Aruna
03-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Where i can get palak keerai?. How is look like?.

Shy
03-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Aruna, palak is spinach....

Shy

anainar
03-14-2004, 11:19 PM
Sorry for the side track. But cant resist.

Varieties of pooris sari, how many varieties of poorikattais are there?

Innaiku enakku sangu thaan, :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Shy
03-14-2004, 11:26 PM
only one, but different sizes, depending upon the head of their husbands.. adika vasathiya irukkum illai :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eppo kuuda new release, anainar poorikattainu vanthu irukku.. just searchign for him to try :evil: :evil: !!!!

Shy

dharshi75
03-16-2004, 05:25 PM
thanks for the poori recipe