PDA

View Full Version : IE is crashing any issue with Geetham site ?

bhu
03-16-2004, 03:38 AM
Today when i went to some topics My browser started crashing, is there any problem with the site ? .
This site has some refresh rate setup so every n seconds it refreshes the screen. why is this done ?
I don;t think there is any issue with my machine. I am able to browse other sites without problem.

thanks
bhu

gokulan42
03-16-2004, 03:57 AM
If you use IE, you dont need to do anything ;) that is a microsoft featuire :ee:

reks
03-16-2004, 04:03 AM
yup bhu... me too had the same issue today afternoon... now it seems to be pretty stable thou....

as goks says.. i think its a microsoft feature :lol:... crashing the browser inbetween and asking you "do u want to report it" :Ksp:

bhu
03-17-2004, 06:12 PM
hey gokulan, the issue could with the page, not not with IE, mostly some object is not getting created and the page is trying to access it.
since it was a temp issue i think we can ignore it now.
okey bye
bhu

RaasuKutty
03-17-2004, 07:48 PM
try this... I had the problem for a long time and still continuing... and I kind of identified a temporary solution...

When it asks for Send, Dont Send... click on Debug... it just closes the window that is having problems...

From what I have noticed... pages with tamil letters.. they have this problem....

Luv,
....RK

vennai1
03-17-2004, 09:46 PM
bhu,

it is a known bug. IE crashes many a time when you post...

gottu do with post method... running phpBB script on the page.

Unfortunately, a fix is not expected any soon !

also IE crashes when you post/view tamil font-ed pages in geetham.

though be aware that what you post is not lost but is posted. ;)