PDA

View Full Version : Save Yahoo Mail to PC ! - Yahoo Pop !

taiwanarangs
03-19-2004, 01:19 AM
Save Yahoo Mail to PC ! - Yahoo Pop !

Hi friends

Is there any software or way to copy Yahoo inbox mails (in its own format) to hard disk or CD.Please give me suggestion

Anbudan
Arangs

vennai1
03-19-2004, 05:12 PM
try using microsoft outlook express. you can save all the mails in any account

using pop service. :b:

vasan
03-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Vennai sir... You could use any of them provided you have paid for Yahoo's premium service. If you use their free email facility you gotta check only on the web - no pop or smtp.. Same case with Hotmail !

Yeah.. Yahoo does not allow pop stuff connecting their free mail servers. However there are some small programs on the web (some perl script I am told) that can fake the stuff, and download it to your client (eudora or outlook or outlook express) Search for Yahoo mail pop in Google and you should find a few...

Try it up and let us know if you have any questions..

Vasan

vennai1
03-19-2004, 05:54 PM
vasan...sorry bosss.. u r rite :ahha: told that coz it works for me... ;)

well ..reg. that yahoo pops... this is what i cud find...

is it the same thing u were talkin abut ? :think:

http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net

vasan
03-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Yes, sir.. thats right.. Thats a good link !!

Something similar also works for Hotmail.. I used have it, but then the hotmail box is full of non-sense spam anyway so I stopped it..

:( No one writes to me in yahoo.. So I go there like once in a week to send some mails to my self.. Why am I saying this... Oh.. I mean thats why I don't use any pops for my yahoo...

dinesh
03-19-2004, 08:17 PM
yahoo accounts with @yahoo.co.uk domain do continue to support pop/smtp for free.....only the US ones were changed for paid ones......

taiwanarangs
03-20-2004, 02:45 AM
Dear Vennai sir

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for your valuable information.You solved my long time :sm18: :sm18: problem in a single message.I tried YAHOOPOP software it works well.

Once again THANKS

anbudan
Arangs

:dance: :dance: :dance:

sagi
03-22-2004, 09:36 AM
No one writes to me in yahoo.. So I go there like once in a week to send some mails to my self

hehehe do not worry here after i will send you

gopal
06-20-2004, 01:54 AM
Respected Vennai Sir,
You are really Great. I and my friends were searching for such a program (YahooPoPs) for a quiet a long time. Now i got it from u. It is working fine. Really thank you very much.
Nb: Thanks to Taiwan Arangs and Geetham also

ashokcsn_2000
06-20-2004, 10:33 PM
PPL THIS IS SIMPLY GREAT. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
should be very useful coupled with yahoo's 100MB space.
Ashok

vaali
08-08-2004, 10:30 AM
About the Free Hotmail thing, Hotmail can be downloaded like POP if you use Hotmail Popper software. I still use them without any problems whatsoever. I use Eudora to download my mails.

rashmi987
11-25-2004, 06:52 AM
Vennai sir!!Thanx a lot for this useful info. ve been expecting such an information for a loooong time!!

ns80
02-14-2005, 06:35 AM
About the Free Hotmail thing, Hotmail can be downloaded like POP if you use Hotmail Popper software. I still use them without any problems whatsoever. I use Eudora to download my mails.

hello there...u can retrieve hotmail emails using outlook express. the configuration is done internally. u dont need to configure anything. infact it syncs ur emails with the hotmail server as well.