PDA

View Full Version : Temples we built in Other Countries?

sri_gan
03-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Hi Everyone-,

This is bit of a serious topic and I think every one should think about this.

I was having a conversation with Venky about this and it is now converted as topic, please share your views

I've been to some of the temple in US and UK and it is really a very good thing to have naan illai nu sollalai, since it attracts the community.

India is known for temples and its architecture.

Innikum if I go to some temples in India I have a known feeling about those temples, eppadi sollurathu oru uyir ottam nu kuda sollalam.

But for some reason I'm not getting the same feel in temples in here oru thanimai thoonuthu.

Neriya requests pottu vachu irrupanga... we need help for this that etc...

But ivalo peru sernthu ivalo temples katturathukku pathila.. India le irruka temples kku support panni nalla vara vachiruntha evalo nalla irrukkum.. yaarum pannalai nu naan solla varalai antha percentage rombe kami nu solla varen.

Neriya peru inga irrunthukittu oru chinna koil katti vachittu India le irruka koil seri illaina Goverment a thiturathai naan pathu irrukken.. Ellarthukkum Goverment mela korai sollurathu oru pazhakama poochu.. enn ungala mudichathai nenga poranthu valantha edathule irruka oru temple azhiyara nilamaila irruntha athai seri pannanum nu unga manasukku thoonaliya illa namma engada anga irruka porum nu pora edam ellam koil katturangala nu puriyalai.

This a very Interesting topic and I feel I have a Constructive Segment open up for your minds to think.

Share your views.

vennai1
03-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Viru... I second you on this... it is far better to preserve our own temples

in our homeland rather than trying to construct fancy little ones here...

I have seen the temple in chicago...but have no idea how big the other ones

in usa are...

but as you say... temples back in tamil nadu..should not be left to ruin...

that is our history afterall... :b:

frankly speaking... i have frequented many churches here in usa...but

nothing wud compare to the architectural beauties in india...

unique
03-24-2004, 12:51 AM
Sri it s good topic.....Namba oorla temples renovate panna namba help pannalam,pannanam. But adhu ozhungana muraiyil payan paduthaanu nammaku teriyaadhe. See if u r donating say 10,000/-Rs. to a temple for it s renovation or for atleast deepam,adhai temple nirvaagam andha purposekaga thaan use pannumnu enna nichaiyam sollungo.

Namba paarambariyathai kaaka ellarum munnuku varanam,not just people residing abroad alone. People residing abroad can support with money,but adhai idhukku thaan use pannanamnu the board of trustees(of the temple) mudiveduthu seyalpadanam. Appadi pannina namba ooru kovilgalum innum pramadhama irukkum.

It is true that enna thaan namba indha oorla kovilukku ponalum,namba ooru kovil maadhiri varadhu,that is 100% true.

sri_gan
03-24-2004, 02:28 AM
Unique,

I understand your concern.

See if you feel that your money is not spent purposefully, why don't you by yourself plan to organize the work from your trusted people. Don't come and ask me Panam koduthum vellaiya naane pannanuma? What else is service then?

Who is going to stop it?

Time illai nu solla koodathu.. nenga inga oru koilukku ellam pannurengale athu mattum eppadi mudiyuthu..

Service mind is not restricted to one area.

Namma manasula onnu nenacha athai nadathi mudikanum athu varaikkum vidave koodathu...

Ellarum India Trip plan pannupothu ithukkum oru amsam kodukurathule enna thappu irrukku ? Or is it a hard thing to do?

I'm not only pointing just the structures, also think about the lives which runs based on that.

I'm not sure about students, but I'm sure any one who has a working experience in foreign countries won't really mind about spending money 'cause most of the western structure is build on spending money.

Simple, Mansu Vaikanum, Namala Mudiyum nu nambanum.

venky1974
03-24-2004, 02:47 AM
Sri... Good Topic to bring it to Geetham and I hope we are able to seek some guidance and learn new ways to protect the treasures of our country.

I remember being told by mother to seek blessing for “Samastha Kudumbam & Sarva Lokanam" (All the family and the whole World)

Over the years during my university days and lots of traveling I started to like and seek so much knowledge about the tranquility and the architectural beauty of the temples (All Religions) built all over India.

The temples in India were built by our ancestors and its something that every generation should be accountable to take care and protect. It is considered as the house of the lord.

What is the cause for the ruins of these temples these days? Is a question that does run through my mind? Would we like our own house to go into ruins?? Will we do something about it?? If the answer is yes then why would we not take care of it ourselves and how different is the house of the lord from that?? And why do we have to wait for the government to come and take care of it??

A temple as many may see is in place so people can flock there to seek peace of mind. It is place for people to meet from various walks of life. It’s a place were you can seek tremendous amount of knowledge. It’s a place which will make you go straight to the heart of the lord.

Most of us here in Geetham are living so far from home and to a certain extent a temple here brings us close to our community and to our culture. There are a few services with the temples here that may not be available back home and seeing these services people start to talk about how bad the system in India is.

We can bring about a change in this? Now I do agree that some of us may not have the resources and the time to help as much as we want but there are a few things that I think can surely go on for a start.

People living abroad should start to stop criticizing the way in which the services in India are. There may be reason for it to be that way.

When we do go back home for a few day try to go your ancestral temple and seek the blessing of the Lord. If you keep going there and the change that you may drop as offering to the lord or the temple may be enough to feed lot of people. Seeing you there may be many who will come forward to help and the chain continues.

The reason I say for you to go to your ancestral temple because every one of us will have one and it’s bound to a different one and that way it’s possible for us to cover most of the temples.

Now if its possible by you to donate or go to more temples then please do so. It will bring about a change.

We as Indian have to always remember our home our culture. There will not be another Meenakshi Amman temple or Tirupathi or for that matter our Ancestral temple in the N.America. We can clone it but it will still be just a clone. The originality will live through generation to come and its up to us to bring about the change.
More to come as we get along.

I apologize to any one who may not agree to me.

Cheers,

RaasuKutty
03-24-2004, 03:16 AM
Namba oorla temples renovate panna namba help pannalam,pannanam. But adhu ozhungana muraiyil payan paduthaanu nammaku teriyaadhe. See if u r donating say 10,000/-Rs. to a temple for it s renovation or for atleast deepam,adhai temple nirvaagam andha purposekaga thaan use pannumnu enna nichaiyam sollungo.

Unique,

I am not sure abt general experiences... When we insist on a certain thing while donating, trustees do follow them.. I have some personal experiences too.. We donated and made a request to temple trustees.. They accepted on what was possible and they completed it.. After completion they sent us a letter about its completion and also invited us on the occasion when they made it public....

Luv,
...RK

Bluelotus
03-24-2004, 04:09 AM
Venky Wrote:

There will not be another Meenakshi Amman temple or Tirupathi or for that matter our Ancestral temple

No they won't ever be like the Temples back in our mother lands. And yes one should support them...the easiest way in which to do that is by making regular monthly donations, which can b counted on and incorporated into the trust budget.
And when one does go back to vist then u can help out in other ways, according to how much time and effort u can allocate towards this.

Wherever men live in communities places of worship will spring up. simply to provide the Peace of mind which only temples can provide. The ones in the west cater for a smaller number of ppl...and as these ppl are quite affluent they have rich coffers....so they can afford to support certain charitable causes. My Temple supports reconstruction and training projects back in SL...so it gives back tremendously to the native land.

We get regular letters telling us how things are going and if more donations r required....but right now in SL the Temples and Churches are the least of anyones worries. the situations is slightly different from tht of India.

katteri
03-24-2004, 08:29 AM
First of all thanks 2 Srigan and venky for this excellent topic....

Srigan u compared temples inTnadu and in abroad.... If u compare temples in Tnadu & in n india...wht will u say... i got irritated the way they pray and workship...

Clapping hands ,whistling.... wht s this....
I am not good at the traditions followed in temple.. but know something..rythmic beat of bell makes u to concentrate well..and dedicate u r time only to god..

People might think whts the need for building more and more temples....esply in abroad...These temples r built by our people and it doesnt receive any support from govt or local council.

Temples,church,mosque etc are built to connect people rather than a place of workship..it not uniting u/r me to the religion its linking of human beings...

TBC

Shy
03-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Excellent topic !!!!

Thanks to sri and venky :)

Sorry for the late reply :(

About the topic. Yes its a good idea to donate to take care of our temples back there and preserve them. Everyone should do it. But...

(1) An Indian temple here doesnt replace temples back home. Its like a place for us to feel at home and be at peace atleast once a while. To an extent temples here make us feel we are with our community and culture/tradition. Obviously temples here are non profit organizations that have no help from american government. Immigrants like us pitch in and try to make ourselves better. So engae naam yaen temples'ai paaratanumnu question ennai porutha varaikkum ruled out. Whereever we live, we shud have a temple thats like a guardian angel for us.

(2) Immigrants visiting back home mostly get 2 weeks of vacation. Not many will get a monthlong vacation or so. But irunthaalum, veetuku pakathula irukara templeskku kandeepa poovaanga and many still try to visit some important temples in that time. We cant rule out that all immigrants are arrogant and ignoring abt our temples back there. Getting time is the main concern for NRIs visiting India. Thats the one and only reason I can forsee for them not to visit all the holy places each time they visit India. But as the trip to India becomes vacation more than visiting family, appo kandeepa they plan only visiting temples. No one can deny that. We dont go fishing or adventure park there, but a pligirm tour. :)

(3) About NRIs donating money from here back home. I wont accept this. If an NRI wants to do somerthing, let them go back home and personally do it. Reasons being it will erase the doubt of whether its being used properly. I wont blame the NRIs for that. India is the 5th most corrupted country in the world and we do see how the services are back in India. If u give $50,000 u can sit with venkateshawara for a while, pray to him peacefully and then u can go only when u wanted to. But manasula real prayers'ooda..night/hot day fulla queue'la kaal valikka ninnu avarai paka varavanai.. oru few seconds kuuda nennu kumbida veda maataanga. Yeenna, Triupathi has become the most profitable temple in India and this guy kudukura Rs 10/- doesnt matter at all. On the contrary engae nee $1 kuduthaalum, ellai $100 kuduthaalum, Venkateshwara is common for both of you. $1 kudutha naala, u arent being pushed away. Everyone is treated commonly here. So people here talking abt services back home is not a lie. Its truth. But its hard for us to accept. We try to ignore it, but we cant.

Meenakshi amman, Triupathi again engae US'la vaendaam, oru temple where everyone is treated irrespective of what they pay.. athu poothum. yaenna.. temple is a place where u be with god and nothing should stop u or hurt u .. mainly MONEY !!!

Shy

katteri
03-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Shy,
To some extent wht u said abt tirupati is right....As i am blind follower of lord of seven hills.

But the development of IT has maked the temple has one of the best managed place in the world,
Imagine how will u control a crowd of 5 lakhs rushing in a small town...(tirumala ) we dont have any option for cutting down...Bribe in tirumala is less when compared to other temples and place...I dont say there is no corruption taking place but its negligeble.

one way to control crowd is by entrance fee and free darshan..As u said its runs for money... i will not accept ....

Do u know wht happened .. one of my friend got a recommendation letter from minister to get a room...The authorities said please stand in the queue.. some people do take money for getting quciker rooms...

Now things have changed .. now u can book ur room online and get a badge with a bar code tied in ur hand and stand in a queue an hour b4 darshan time... its the people who go to temple make it has commercial place not the devotees....

A free room, free bus, free meal , free darshan , free laddu everything is offered free its not the service to devoteess as we say its the service to lord.
Thats the concept of Tirumala..

See its not necessary one has to go to tirupati to do his offerings...
Religion is above than something(GOD) what people think...

Diff religion will follow diff god.. similralry in hindu religion diff people have their own ideology to follow....

Giving bribe and accpeting bribe in Tirumala is a Sin..I have commited this twice.. but i cant make my family to sleep in streets ...
is it my fault to birbe a person to get a room...

Tirupati is the first temple is india where NRI, old age people are allowed to go instantly .. immediate darshan.. meaning will not take more than 30 minutes...

Shy
03-24-2004, 05:43 PM
But the development of IT has maked the temple has one of the best managed place in the world, Imagine how will u control a crowd of 5 lakhs rushing in a small town...(tirumala ) we dont have any option for cutting down...Bribe in tirumala is less when compared to other temples and place...I dont say there is no corruption taking place but its negligeble.

U misunderstood me katteri, I am not illtalking abt tirupathi. I would never do that. I am talking abt the management there. I just took that as an example. I totally agree that it will take romba work to handle such a big crowd. But whether its 5 lakhs or 10 lakhs my point is. Everyone shud be treated when they are with god. when people are ready to wait for days to see him, why the rush then? I didnt say its run for money. Of course not, I said its the most profitable temple, meaning more donations are poured from all over the world. Apapdi pata oru temple can do more things sola varaen. Millions and millions of money are there.. Trust irukku. Why cant do something to handle the devotees, do u think think thats possible for them. Yaen athae polambal irukku still.. cant we grownu thaan kaekuraen. money vachu innum easy pananum devotees vara...

Do u know wht happened .. one of my friend got a recommendation letter from minister to get a room...The authorities said please stand in the queue.. some people do take money for getting quciker rooms...

Exactly my point. authorities poruthu thaan irukku. Management olunga pana, Eppo irukara bad talks yaethum irukaathu. just they have to think outside the box !!!

Now things have changed .. now u can book ur room online and get a badge with a bar code tied in ur hand and stand in a queue an hour b4 darshan time... its the people who go to temple make it has commercial place not the devotees....

Intha line puriyalai.. devotees yaaru , people yaaru???? desperate'a vara devoteesa romba use panraanganu enakku thoonuthu katteri ....

See its not necessary one has to go to tirupati to do his offerings...

Thats true katteri. ennathaan manasula namba pray panninaalum.. antha uruvathai paarthathaan manasula oru satisfication irukkum. satisfication correct worda theriyalai. I mean u feel that all hes there for u and will take care of u. Athu thaan concept of temples, a place where u can be u.

Tirupati is the first temple is india where NRI, old age people are allowed to go instantly .. immediate darshan.. meaning will not take more than 30 minutes..

Elders'na i totally accept their gratitude. But athu enna NRI. Athu thaan my question from long back. Koolangudila irunthu vanthavanga appo entha vithathula kuranchavanga. Avangalum kashta pattu thaanae varaanga. Entha difference thaan solraen katteri. when u enter a temple.. nee CEO or a coolie shouldnt matter!!!!

Shy

unique
03-24-2004, 05:43 PM
Unique,

I understand your concern.

See if you feel that your money is not spent purposefully, why don't you by yourself plan to organize the work from your trusted people. Don't come and ask me Panam koduthum vellaiya naane pannanuma? What else is service then?

Who is going to stop it?

Time illai nu solla koodathu.. nenga inga oru koilukku ellam pannurengale athu mattum eppadi mudiyuthu..

Service mind is not restricted to one area.

Namma manasula onnu nenacha athai nadathi mudikanum athu varaikkum vidave koodathu...

Ellarum India Trip plan pannupothu ithukkum oru amsam kodukurathule enna thappu irrukku ? Or is it a hard thing to do?

I'm not only pointing just the structures, also think about the lives which runs based on that.

I'm not sure about students, but I'm sure any one who has a working experience in foreign countries won't really mind about spending money 'cause most of the western structure is build on spending money.

Simple, Mansu Vaikanum, Namala Mudiyum nu nambanum.

Naan donate panna koodadhu or help panna koodadhunu sollalai. Even if we r physically present to do those things,it ll not happen as we like. Neenga veetu pakkathula irukara temples or onga kuladeivam temples la venumna u can do a lot of things.

Ippo Tirunelveli Nellayappar kovil alladhu tanjavaur kovil idhelam protect pannanamna u need the help of every individual. Indha maadhiri idathula evalavu koduthalum velai avalavu seekirama nadakaadhu. But this is hppng in Tamilnadu only.

Whereas Karnataka la irukara temples paatheengana it is well maintained. Temples like Mookambika,Horainadu,Udipi etc. Nalla oraganiseda pannaraanga. Andha maadhiri tamilnadu la irukara temples la nadaka maatengudhu.

Shy
03-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Whereas Karnataka la irukara temples paatheengana it is well maintained. Temples like Mookambika,Horainadu,Udipi etc. Nalla oraganiseda pannaraanga. Andha maadhiri tamilnadu la irukara temples la nadaka maatengudhu.

Very true Unique... I forgot the name :oops: white palace mathiri irukkum.. long way ulla poonaa... Big shiva irupaar. Or am I confusing 2 places.. I am not sure. But in karnataka everything is well maintained.

Shy

unique
03-24-2004, 05:51 PM
Namba oorla temples renovate panna namba help pannalam,pannanam. But adhu ozhungana muraiyil payan paduthaanu nammaku teriyaadhe. See if u r donating say 10,000/-Rs. to a temple for it s renovation or for atleast deepam,adhai temple nirvaagam andha purposekaga thaan use pannumnu enna nichaiyam sollungo.

Unique,

I am not sure abt general experiences... When we insist on a certain thing while donating, trustees do follow them.. I have some personal experiences too.. We donated and made a request to temple trustees.. They accepted on what was possible and they completed it.. After completion they sent us a letter about its completion and also invited us on the occasion when they made it public....

Luv,
...RK

Rasukutty

Neenga sollara maadhiri nadakudhu,but adhelam recenta kattara templesa irukkum,or unga veetu pakkathula irukara templesa irukkum,or gramathula irukardha irukkum. Andha maadhiri temples la naama sollaradhai ketpaanga. But am talking abt big temples in Tamilnadu Madurai meenakshi temple,Tirunelveli nellaiyapar temples,Tanjavur temples ingelam poyi namba donate pannalam but andha purpose ku use aagumnu solla mudiyaadhu. Well leave alone renovating temples,atleast anga velai pannuravanga,priests ivanga ellarum sandhoshama irundhalavadhu ok.

If u goto Samayapuram mariamman temple,anga idame irukaadhu ulla,u ll be allowed to see Amman hardly for few mnts. Ellam thattula paisa potta nee evalavu neram venumna paarkalam illati "Jaragandi" thaan.

Namba oorleyum pudusu pudusa ovovoru idathula kovil kattindu thaan irukaanga,aana pazhaya prasadhi petra kovillai yen onnume kandukama vittudaraanga.

venky1974
03-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Guys,

Excellent Points... We are just moving a bit off track from the sujbect I think.

We need to find a solution to protect the Ancient temples in India.

What can we as individuls do to protect the house of the lord.

What do we think is a better way to make sure that the offering we present are being utilized to the best possbile way to protect these shrines.

Side Track::

1)The mythological reason that is given as to why Tirupathi is considered as a money making temple is because Lored venkateshwara borrowed a large amount of welath for his marriage with Godess Padmavathi and he is still repaying and he is believed to have said that every devotee who offer's in the shrine will be blessed. (I have no proof for this)

2) The temples in Karnataka are probably well managed becuase of the fact that there are fewer devotees coming to those temples then to the ones in Tamil Nadu.
In Tamil Nadu there are a lot to temples may be evern 100 folds to that of the temples in karnataka and each of them have some kind of history associated with it for which devotees flock.

3) In Bangalore there is a 90 Ft Temple on the Airport road. Its a white marble shiva . its fairly a new temple. I think its was opened in 1994 and is totally private.

katteri
03-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Shy,#
The reason behind allowing NRI is that they wud spent some time with their family rather than standing in queue.(restrictions apply :u have to show ur passport travle ticket)

Difference betn devotees and people...
All devotees are people , all people are not devotees...kulapureena..(one e.g suppose if i go to a temple and ask some of myr friends to join.....just bcos u have asked him to join u /for a change he will come.. is he a devotee.. no ...wht he ll do is to spend some time in shopping.....bla /..)

Venky side track la sonna thu 1 st & 3rd point vunmai,...Vishnu borroweed money from kubeeran.. and hes still paying only the interest and the principle amt is yet to be paid..once in a year kuberran will come and take vishnu for being debt to him....u can still c this there..

2nd point there are few temples in karantaka when compared to tnadu.namma vooru mathiriya.. moolai ku oru vinayaghar koil nu....

One good statitics thedikittu irukken i will come(with evideence)..
I was told that more than 1.5 lakhs temples are there in thanjavur district alone...
Thanjavur claims the most number of temples in the thanjavur district.. i have to check these

katteri
03-24-2004, 06:25 PM
http://www.tn.gov.in/deptst/.%5CTab42_2.htm
I am not able to proove there are 1.5 lakh temples in Thanjavur dist but this will state the no of temples included in TTDC

Srigan and venky intha topi ku ithu rombha mukiyamaa irukkum
http://www.tn.gov.in/policynotes/hrce2003-04-2.htm

Shy
03-24-2004, 06:31 PM
All devotees are people , all people are not devotees...kulapureena..

Kaelvi vaera..aama :Ksp:

(one e.g suppose if i go to a temple and ask some of myr friends to join.....just bcos u have asked him to join u /for a change he will come.. is he a devotee.. no ...wht he ll do is to spend some time in shopping.....bla /..)

Yeah I get it. but do u think there are people in tirupathi. Is that a place only for devotees, I mean who will just come for a tour or something there without any bakthi???? Enna poruthavaraikkum managment is people there and they started using the devotees weakness to see god with less wait !!!!

Venky, The reason it got drifted like this is a reason why we shud do that remotely. Whoever interested in doing, personala poi panalaam. Yaenu reasons thaan angae soli irunthaen.

2nd point there are few temples in karantaka when compared to tnadu.namma vooru mathiriya.. moolai ku oru vinayaghar koil nu....

venky and katteri, I am proud that TN has more ancestral temples than any other place. But since we have so many of them doesnt give us the excuse that we can maintain that properly right. We still can maintain them as pure as possible if only the mentality of pushing money to do stuff fades away !!!

Shy

Shy
03-24-2004, 06:32 PM
All devotees are people , all people are not devotees...kulapureena..

Kaelvi vaera..aama :Ksp:

(one e.g suppose if i go to a temple and ask some of myr friends to join.....just bcos u have asked him to join u /for a change he will come.. is he a devotee.. no ...wht he ll do is to spend some time in shopping.....bla /..)

Yeah I get it. but do u think there are people in tirupathi. Is that a place only for devotees, I mean who will just come for a tour or something there without any bakthi???? Enna poruthavaraikkum managment is people there and they started using the devotees weakness to see god with less wait !!!!

Venky, The reason it got drifted like this is a reason why we shud do that remotely. Whoever interested in doing, personala poi panalaam. Yaenu reasons thaan angae soli irunthaen.

venky and katteri, I am proud that TN has more ancestral temples than any other place. But since we have so many of them doesnt give us the excuse that we can maintain that properly right. We still can maintain them as pure as possible if only the mentality of pushing money to do stuff fades away !!!

Shy

sri_gan
03-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Neriya peru sollurenga, 2 weeks vacation poram apavum ithe vellai ellam pakka mudiyumanu?

Let me ask this,

How many of you really want to be back home in your old ages?

How many of you want to stay in the nation you currently have good life?

This will answer the facts what you have in mind... Ellarum youngsters than summa guess panni sollunga... if you are not clear, think about it when you sleep you will get an answer from your mind next day morning. This is not a joke.

Katteri Neriya Koil anga anga katti vaikiranga... they don't understand they need to care it, Actually it happens like this, ethavathu onnu nenachukka vendiyathau athu nadanthidum athu nadunthiruche namma enna vendnom koil katrrom nu kattitom avar vellai mudnchirucham... This is typical human thought.

Athu educationala mattum varathu... Purunchikira mana pakkuvam varanum.

KannapaNaiyanar Kathai theriyumla... Avarukku enna padippa irrunthuchu?

Its this heart (ultimately the brain) which has to create a feeling that you care about it.

I have few suggestions to add based on you guys answers... solluren.

Shy
03-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Neriya peru sollurenga, 2 weeks vacation poram apavum ithe vellai ellam pakka mudiyumanu?

Thappa purinchuteenga Sri.. No one is whining that ethu vaeranu. NRIskku time romba kammi. Athula they cant travel from kanyakumari to andhra or for that matter any place far away in TN to workship god, unless they are in vacation, imean real vacation and not as a visit or for some functions. So veetula irukura.. oorla irukara kovil thaan pooga mudiyum in the time given.

How many of you really want to be back home in your old ages?

How many of you want to stay in the nation you currently have good life?

I dont know how these questions will give a solution to maintain our ancestral temples back home. Also we can never answer this, coz its bounded by many factors. Ennnaiku engae irukanumnu irukkum.. but nalaikku pooganumnu irukkum. We all are, or mostly many of them are still in their earlier stages of life, kids, avanga life, avanga aasaigal, avanga future eppadi ellam vachu thaan decide pana mudiyum. Simple put..no one wants to be here in their oldage here in a place away from friends and family.. but eppo poovoomnu kaeta athu theriyaathu !!!

Shy

sri_gan
03-24-2004, 07:08 PM
I dont know how these questions will give a solution to maintain our ancestral temples back home. Also we can never answer this, coz its bounded by many factors. Ennnaiku engae irukanumnu irukkum.. but nalaikku pooganumnu irukkum. We all are, or mostly many of them are still in their earlier stages of life, kids, avanga life, avanga aasaigal, avanga future eppadi ellam vachu thaan decide pana mudiyum. Simple put..no one wants to be here in their oldage here in a place away from friends and family.. but eppo poovoomnu kaeta athu theriyaathu !!!

Simple Shy, I'm applying the theory of Survival avlothan. Atha base pannina tha developments you can see on ground, the rest are just words. This is hard to digest but is a fact.

Neriya Kovilkku naan trustee's patha ellam 70's le vantha Doctor's than vera yaarum illai...

70's le avangalukku 25 na ippo 58 ofcourse retirment age... ivalo age Ahiyum avangalukku thoonalaina then it proves their heart.

Appo ippa enna mansukulle ninaikiriyo atha than life fulla pannure.

Shy
03-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Simple Shy, I'm applying the theory of Survival avlothan. Atha base pannina tha developments you can see on ground, the rest are just words. This is hard to digest but is a fact.

Neriya Kovilkku naan trustee's patha ellam 70's le vantha Doctor's than vera yaarum illai...

70's le avangalukku 25 na ippo 58 ofcourse retirment age... ivalo age Ahiyum avangalukku thoonalaina then it proves their heart.

Appo ippa enna mansukulle ninaikiriyo atha than life fulla pannure.

:( :( :( u lost me. Entha kovil trustees? Avangalukku enna thoonumnu solreenga...

Shy

sri_gan
03-24-2004, 07:41 PM
u lost me. Entha kovil trustees? Avangalukku enna thoonumnu solreenga...

Go to any of these temples in forgein countries built... Anga Kovil trustees nu oru list pottu irrupanga... athai solluren.

Go to any temple in US or UK You can see that.

unique
03-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Did u also know this...many people in US they donate to the temples in US or anywhere say,but adhukku receipt vaangitu aparam tax returns la adhaiyum file pannuvaanga. Indha maadhiri donationsku pannameye irukalam. You can rather work for the temple physically than donating and claiming it in tax returns.

Also namba paarambariya temples in Tamilnadu say Tanjavur temples ingellam nalla maintain pannalam. Oru tubelight kooda irukkadhu,see tubelight vaangi podardhu is not going to cost that much,adhu kooda yen they r not doing. Since endha maintenance um illadhadhu naala makkalum jaasthi varamaatengaranga,adhunaala temple ku revenueum varardhu illa.

2003 June to August i was on a pilgrimage tamilnadu,kerala as well karnataka la irukara temples ku ellam poyittu vandhen. You shuld see the difference. Karnataka la mukkavaasi temples la they do annadhaanam everyday. Also it is done in an organised way. In Guruvaayur 10Rs koduthalum ore queue,naya paisa kodukalainalum ore queue.

Kadavul sannadhi la everyone shuld be treated the same.

sri_gan
03-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Did u also know this...many people in US they donate to the temples in US or anywhere say,but adhukku receipt vaangitu aparam tax returns la adhaiyum file pannuvaanga. Indha maadhiri donationsku pannameye irukalam. You can rather work for the temple physically than donating and claiming it in tax returns.

Very true Unique, I learned charity is a business built on tax returns from west only.

Even Donation kku athai promotion factor a use pannuranga.

reks
03-25-2004, 12:14 AM

illa unique.... as much as we need physical service, we need money too... atleast for some reason donate panrangalae...

also govt thaane apdi oru scheme vachirku... its trying to promote such donations... so just cos they are filing these for tax returns, namma oraediyae avungaluku service mind illa solla mudiyathu... they are just availing a benefit thats there... :)

unique
03-25-2004, 12:32 AM

illa unique.... as much as we need physical service, we need money too... atleast for some reason donate panrangalae...

also govt thaane apdi oru scheme vachirku... its trying to promote such donations... so just cos they are filing these for tax returns, namma oraediyae avungaluku service mind illa solla mudiyathu... they are just availing a benefit thats there... :)

Ok neenga sollara maadhiriye irukatam...it is true that we need money for charity works,but adhai yen inga pannareenga atleast namma oorla pannunga,even if u don t donate to temples,evalavo Orphanage irukku,handicapped schools irukku avangalukku donate pannalame.

Service mind irukatam y do u claim that in u r tax returns. Even if govt gives such provisions.

reks
03-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Ok neenga sollara maadhiriye irukatam...it is true that we need money for charity works,but adhai yen inga pannareenga atleast namma oorla pannunga

ok.. this i agree... there is more need in our country than in the US... so it makes more sense to donate to our ppl... u said "many people in US they donate to the temples in US or anywhere".. so i was thot donation in general.. not india/US... :D

Service mind irukatam y do u claim that in u r tax returns. Even if govt gives such provisions.

wats wrong unique... neenga orphanage'ku donate panitu tax return claim panna thappu illana, temple donate panitu claim panna enna thappu... its not that u r getting the money back from the govt... its just that u get some tax benefits.... athu nalla ungaluku bakthi illa aidathae...

unique
03-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Ok neenga sollara maadhiriye irukatam...it is true that we need money for charity works,but adhai yen inga pannareenga atleast namma oorla pannunga

ok.. this i agree... there is more need in our country than in the US... so it makes more sense to donate to our ppl...

wats wrong unique... neenga orphanage'ku donate panitu tax return claim panna thappu illana, temple donate panitu claim panna enna thappu... its not that u r getting the money back from the govt... its just that u get some tax benefits.... athu nalla ungaluku bakthi illa aidathae...

Unmaiya sollanamna we don t claim oru donations in tax returns. It is like orutharukku help pannitu aparam adhai solli solli kaamicha then andha helpku oru value illadha maadhiri irukkum,well this is my personal opinion and i can speak only for myself.

reks
03-25-2004, 03:28 AM
Unmaiya sollanamna we don t claim oru donations in tax returns. It is like orutharukku help pannitu aparam adhai solli solli kaamicha then andha helpku oru value illadha maadhiri irukkum,well this is my personal opinion and i can speak only for myself.

i agree with u... help panitu photo eduthu paper'la podovo, illa 10 per kitta perumai adicha athu thappu... this is not like that... nyways, my intention is not to irritate u and i do respect ur views :)

unique
03-25-2004, 03:28 PM

i agree with u... help panitu photo eduthu paper'la podovo, illa 10 per kitta perumai adicha athu thappu... this is not like that... nyways, my intention is not to irritate u and i do respect ur views :)

Don t worry naan avalavu seekiram irritate aayida maaten.....

venky1974
03-25-2004, 03:46 PM
also govt thaane apdi oru scheme vachirku... its trying to promote such donations... so just cos they are filing these for tax returns, namma oraediyae avungaluku service mind illa solla mudiyathu... they are just availing a benefit thats there...

If you are donating ... for sure you are offering. To claim tax benifit is upto oneself. We can;t say it wrong or correct.

Claim pannitu andha benifit marabudium donate pannalame..

Ongalaku nalla manasu..

Guys.. Like I said earlier we are kind of drifting away from the topic.

Lets try and find a solution as to how we can protect our Temples. Please bring out your ideas and then we can move on from there.

To start let me put this one::

Would it help to privatize temple??

(I am thinking in the lines of retired people managing it themselves. Offcourse they need some kind of job to keep active and the pleasure to serve the lord.)

What are the Pro's & Con's

Cheers,

sri_gan
03-25-2004, 04:30 PM

Venky, We already have lot of temples like that back home especially one community that I belong is famous for that... I don't want to take much into personal exploration so I stop here.

TO my knowledge, Most of the temples are privatized in nature then they become public.

Devasthanam nu solluvanga.

Shy
03-25-2004, 04:38 PM

It depends Venky. It depends on whose going to take over. U cant expect a business minded guy to take over and not make him think to make most money out of it right !!!!

Ennai kaeta government handle panrathu thaan best !!! Temples shouldnt be a property of anyone, but everyone :D

But as now, anyone are free to build temples and maintain them if they wish :D

Enna naan solrathu...

Shy

sri_gan
03-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Ennai kaeta government handle panrathu thaan best !!! Temples shouldnt be a property of anyone, but everyone

I think you haven't travelled much all over tamilnadu, athanal sollurenga. ;)

Pillayarpatti le oru vinayaga temple irrukku.. thats not controlled by goverment, athu theriyuma?

One more thing anga Vedham solli tharuvanga.. the moment you go in there, you can see the kids saying all the manthras... products from that school is famous all over tamilnadu for the way they say the mantras.

venky1974
03-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Pillayarpatti le oru vinayaga temple irrukku.. thats not controlled by goverment, athu theriyuma?

One more in Mandavelli In Chennai has a Amman temple which is totally privitized.

sri_gan
03-25-2004, 05:04 PM
One more in Mandavelli In Chennai has a Amman temple which is totally privitized.

Yes.

Shy, Nenga tha Dr. Kalam Post pottu irrukenga... Ellathaiyum Govermente pakkanum nu nenaikiratha makkal vidanumnu solli irrukarar...

Athe potta nengale appadi sollalama.. ??? :think:

Shy
03-25-2004, 05:18 PM
I think you haven't travelled much all over tamilnadu, athanal sollurenga. ;)

One more thing anga Vedham solli tharuvanga.. the moment you go in there, you can see the kids saying all the manthras... products from that school is famous all over tamilnadu for the way they say the mantras.

Pillayaarpatti is my favorite temple. Enakku theriyum Sri. All I am saying is... It shud be handled my government thats all.

Antha kovilkku ennum roads sariyaa ellai theriyumoo... othai adi paathai mathiri irukkum. Atleast if its under the supervision of the government, namba tax vachu road ellam poodalaam la.. Privatena..temple thaan nalla maintain panuvaanga.. what abt the road leading to that???? Also other essential stuffs needed !!!!

Athai solraen :)

Shy

sri_gan
03-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Antha kovilkku ennum roads sariyaa ellai theriyumoo... othai adi paathai mathiri irukkum. Atleast if its under the supervision of the government, namba tax vachu road ellam poodalaam la.. Privatena..temple thaan nalla maintain panuvaanga.. what abt the road leading to that???? Also other essential stuffs needed !!!!

Sorry Shy.

It is situated (Madhurai - Thirupathur - Karaikudi ) State Highway. Atha Road le irrunthe Kovil nalla Theriyum..

Othaiadi pathai naa I guess you never been there for more than 10 years then. Appdiya?

Intha mari neriya temples irrukku....

Its just the human heart.

Seri Goverment nu rombe stress pannurenga, Goverment yaaru nu nenachinga?

Shy
03-25-2004, 05:24 PM

Yes.

Shy, Nenga tha Dr. Kalam Post pottu irrukenga... Ellathaiyum Govermente pakkanum nu nenaikiratha makkal vidanumnu solli irrukarar...

Athe potta nengale appadi sollalama.. ??? :think:

Kalaam solrathu not everything sri !!! Certain things government maintain panninathaan.. low to high level society olunga athai anubavika mudiyum !!!! hope u understand that.

Shy

unique
03-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Namba oorla road enga podaraanga even if they put proper road pinnadiye kuzhi thonda vandhiduvaanga......Ofcourse road podardhu govt approval illama mudiyaadhu. Govt. cannot handle each n every temple individually,adhai edhir paarkavum mudiyaadhu,cos this alone is not their only attention. But ofcourse govt. shuld bring in some regulations,modhala avanga kollai adikardhai niruthitu sevvai manapaanmaiyoda irukanam.

unique
03-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Sri

Is it not between Pudukottai n Kaaraikudi

sri_gan
03-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Kalaam solrathu not everything sri !!! Certain things government maintain panninathaan.. low to high level society olunga athai anubavika mudiyum !!!! hope u understand that.

I totally disagree on this point.

Ellarum anubhavikka Goverment vendiyathu illai.. Namma oorula pathingana Public busa vida private bus le kootam athingam.

Ippa ellam video pottu padam katturan 2 and 1/2 hr na oru padam poduran... enna sollurenga nenga.

Bus le ellarum thane poranga...

Shy
03-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Sorry Shy.

It is situated (Madhurai - Thirupathur - Karaikudi ) State Highway. Atha Road le irrunthe Kovil nalla Theriyum..

Othaiadi pathai naa I guess you never been there for more than 10 years then. Appdiya?

Intha mari neriya temples irrukku....

Its just the human heart.

Seri Goverment nu rombe stress pannurenga, Goverment yaaru nu nenachinga?

enna kindala...

few months back thaan poonaen. I think its high time u pay a visit. Its between Pudukkottai and Karaikkudi and just 2 hrs from Trichy !!!!

Once u turn from the highway.. appuram road eppadi irukkunu paathu sollunga !!!

Shy

Shy
03-25-2004, 05:35 PM

Ellarum anubhavikka Goverment vendiyathu illai.. Namma oorula pathingana Public busa vida private bus le kootam athingam.

Ippa ellam video pottu padam katturan 2 and 1/2 hr na oru padam poduran... enna sollurenga nenga.

Very true....

But charge is more in private buses than our public buses !!!! Yes or no !!!

Shy

sri_gan
03-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Sri

Is it not between Pudukottai n Kaaraikudi

Madurai / Pudukottai / Dindugal are all closer to it.

But mainly it is between Thirupathur and Karaikudi.

sri_gan
03-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Very true....

But charge is more in private buses than our public buses !!!! Yes or no !!!

Extreme Luxury Bus le High... but normal private buses they are the same, ippo angiye Tv poduran... :sm12:

Examples - Pollach - Coimbatore / Salem - Thirupathur(this is another one) - Hosur

Ellam same rate than

unique
03-25-2004, 05:39 PM

If everyone can take everything into their hands then Govt.nu onnu edhukku,we can be our individual govts. which will be more chaos.

Ennaku terinju it is more between Pudukottai n Kaaraikudi

sri_gan
03-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Ennaku terinju it is more between Pudukottai n Kaaraikudi

Appo you are talking about some short roads.

It has a Highway entry also.

venky1974
03-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Pillayarpatti is situated at a distance of 70Kms from Madurai, 100Kms from Tirucirappali and 12Kms from Karaikudi on Tiruppatthur - Karaikudi state highway. As the temple of Lord Vinayagar is situated in this village, it came to be known as Pillayarpatti.

Is this what you guys are talking about

http://www.pillaiyarpattitemple.org/location.html

Cheers,

sri_gan
03-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Pillayarpatti is situated at a distance of 70Kms from Madurai, 100Kms from Tirucirappali and 12Kms from Karaikudi on Tiruppatthur - Karaikudi state highway. As the temple of Lord Vinayagar is situated in this village, it came to be known as Pillayarpatti.

Is this what you guys are talking about

http://www.pillaiyarpattitemple.org/location.html

Cheers,

It comes under Thirpathur Taluk.

News Supporting the same:

http://www.hindu.com/2004/02/22/stories/2004022201040300.htm

anjaligirl
04-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Hye anyone else here have beef with the thurgayamman aiyar in ontario. The guy owns a couple of luxury cars and houses. Very suspiscious.