PDA

View Full Version : Inter-racial relationship

moviefreak
03-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Is there anyting wrong in Inter-racial relationship? What happens to the people around us if they don't agree and what about the future. Don't say that if the love is true, then it is fine. Because, we don't know if the love is true and if the relationship would stay for long time. As it happens with many western couples, what if our loved one leaves us alone after sometime? So should this kinda relationship be avoided or should it be accepted.
PS: delete if this topic is already covered

Bluelotus
03-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Hmmm
Did u know that race has no genetic basis? yeahyeah allright beside the point I know...

In any relationship one takes a risk....whether race, religion, nationality, creed, caste, class, educational background, ideology is involved or not.

at any point the relationship may break due to any kind of differences.....
(what makes me really mad is ppl divorcing at the drop of a hat for no apprent reason...ppl like tht shouldn't bother taking the vows ...marriage is a sacrament and thus the vows should be sacrosanct...side track...sorry)

Relationship which are "inter-anything" have a slightly more significant risk of not working-out than the rest ....not because of the individuals involved withing the Romantic relationship (btw I hope tht's what u meant....when u said relationship...u meant the romantic kind right??) because of the society around the individuals....

Man is a social animals....(either Rousseau or Voltaire said this ...or some other bloke)...ad hence cannot live without interacting with other ppl....(no man is an island....ie. cannot live isolated )...so eventually the talks, the back-biting, etc of society of the extended family may make life unbearable for the couple and they may decide to go their seperate ways...

It can work ....just require a lot of effort....
It does help if for example other things are the same...eg: if of the same religion
(I know many Islamic couples living harmoniously even though they are of different countries)

It's up to each individual concerned to make up their minds after weighing up te pros and cons....cos those vary from person to person.....
For some ppl it may be absolutely fine...they parents and family amy even support them wholeheartedly ...others may have problems in tht dept...

Even within the so called "western society" (ppl have a very base opinion of it....although I must say only the scum floating at the top is bad....if one ever bothered to dig deeper it would become obvious tht all societies share the same moral values....but who cares) Multi-racial and multi-cultural relationship are not always welcomed with open arms....rejudice and intolerance can be seen everywhere...

Anyway....no idea if it should be avoided at all costs or not....up to u mate!

Whatever u decide ...make sure it id the right path for u

Blessed be
Blue.

PS: great April fools trick to pull on parents....multi-racial relationship tht is...if ur parents r quite against the idea tht is...otherwise might not work

bharanishan
03-29-2004, 02:18 AM
Inter-racial relationship as far as i am concerned .....i cannot agree to this....

u cannot trust love that takes place in a western world....

today they are together and the next day they are separated....i hate this western culture

and the way things get going in this western world....

u cannot expect a true love on inter-racial relationship....it cannot be accepted...

Bluelotus
03-29-2004, 02:32 AM
u cannot trust love that takes place in a western world....

today they are together and the next day they are separated....i hate this western culture

and the way things get going in this western world....

One must never talk badly of what one doesn't quite grasp

Love is the same whether in Europe, China, Brazil or India
What u belive is western culture is nothing more than the scum of it u see floating at the top...u have no idea what it truly is....u must be part of it to fully grasp it's ideologies.....it is mostly based on Christian values and morals and the way I have seen ppl describe it as just immoral...disturbs me highly

Love is the same ....the absolute same anywhere in the world...between any human being
Colour and race does not change the concept of love

the only reason Inter-racial relationships may not work is because ...inter-racial usually implies a difference in ideologies or religious or cultural values....which will put a certain strain on the relationship...and this won't be helped by the view of society in general

SO inter-racial love is as truthful and beautiful as any other kind of "Agape" love....but due to the stnd of ppl on the subject...for it to remain a successful relationship ...one must be terribly committed and be willing to invest super-human efforts in it.

moviefreak
03-29-2004, 03:31 AM
not sure what you mean by race has no genetic basis..I thought it has..
neverthless, blue, you make sense. My opinion goes the same way that how can this work if the value system differs, whether it may be better or worst. But in many cases, you get carried over by the illuision due to mental imbalance and worry after realizing the reality.

Bluelotus
03-29-2004, 03:42 AM
where does mental imbalance comes into play here.....love is simply limbic system activity...not imbalance, is it?

reseach from some scientist has shwon no genetic basis...heard it on BBC...never actually confirmed it by reading the article....

it can work...but huge efforts required....say something tht I wouldn't be prepared to invest ...cos i'm a lazy person at heart

trywebluck
03-29-2004, 04:00 AM
make the human community to live in more peace..

we need that during this war times and terriost attacks

san2003
03-29-2004, 06:02 AM
i think we discussed this matter at a small scale in some topics.. but wat i think about inter-racial or inter-watever relationship is that.. it depends on individuals... some religion fanatics will never agree to this even though they r deeply in love with a girl/guy who is of another religion or race... its somethin like from the movie kovil where nazer denies the love of sonia and simbhu... it happens in real life.

wat i think is that... if u really love someone.... religion, race, color all doesn't matter... most important is the love and affection u have in one another

moviefreak
03-31-2004, 03:51 AM
if u really love someone.... religion, race, color all doesn't matter

haha..this is what I had initially said not to say..the thing is, well the love is real now, and what if its not afterwords..

Bluelotus
03-31-2004, 06:14 AM
Have u heard at "bride and prejudice" it's kinda gonna have the same theme as this thread.....

san2003
03-31-2004, 08:17 AM
if u really love someone.... religion, race, color all doesn't matter

haha..this is what I had initially said not to say..the thing is, well the love is real now, and what if its not afterwords..

oopss...sori movie freak... :)