PDA

View Full Version : Do u wanna know the diff between LOVE & MARRIAGE

th_ilu_sjp
04-03-2004, 04:58 AM
Love is holding hands in the street.
Marriage is holding arguments in the street.

Love is dinner for 2 in your favourite restaurant.
Marriage is a Chinese take-out.

Love is cuddling on a sofa.
Marriage is deciding on a sofa.

Love is talking about having children.
Marriage is talking about getting away from children.

Love is going to bed early.
Marriage is going to sleep early.

Love is a romantic drive.
Marriage is a tarmac drive.

Love is losing your appetite.
Marriage is losing your figure.

Love is sweet nothing in the ear.
Marriage is sweet nothing in the bank.

Love is a flickering flame.
Marriage is a flickering television.

Love is 1 drink and 2 straws.
Marriage is "Don't you think you've had enough!".

In short, Love is blind,
Marriage is an eye opener!!!

Thoughts to ponder upon...... not for Today...
SO THINK OVER AGAIN BEFORE GETTING MARRIED.
.............................. ........................

th_ilu_sjp
04-03-2004, 05:00 AM
the think is i didn't wright this, some one in the had enough of his/her married life weote this.

RaasuKutty
04-03-2004, 05:27 AM
good ones... i really liked this...

th_ilu_sjp
04-03-2004, 05:34 AM
yaa,

i like that one too.

bharanishan
04-03-2004, 09:41 AM
hi DSP........

dofference ellam nalla thaan solli irukeenga .....

but ellamae true-unn solla mudiyaathu.... :nono: :nono: :nono:

Bluelotus
04-03-2004, 01:58 PM
probably written by the anti-marriage squad....me thinks this should be in the joke section :sm12:

kinda funny...must be taken with pinches of salt :wink:

thirudan
04-03-2004, 04:29 PM
hahaha nalla irukkupaaa....;)
yaaru ithuellam collect panrathu? really good one, mostly all are true also ;)
thiru..:b:

unique
04-03-2004, 05:09 PM

In short, Love is blind,

Thilu

Yerkanave inga niraya peru marriageku oppose pannitu irukaanga....idhula indha maadhiri ellam vera pottu advise vera kodukareenga.....nadathunga nadathunga :wink: :wink: :wink:

It was nice to read though :lol:

moviefreak
04-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Yerkanave inga niraya peru marriageku oppose pannitu irukaanga....idhula indha maadhiri ellam vera pottu advise vera kodukareenga.....

Unique-ku unnum kalyanam aagala polrukku..adaan ivlo varutha padraanga..thilu, pavam paa avanga.. :sm12: :sm12: :wink: :wink:

Shy
04-04-2004, 02:17 AM
DSP,

Already ellarum marriage yaethuku'nu kaetutu irukaanga... Ithula eppadi oru posta ;)

Jokekku kuuda naan othuka mataen :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Shy

moviefreak
04-04-2004, 02:27 AM
shy ongalukkuma kalyanam aagalai..:-) :-)

suha
04-04-2004, 03:19 AM
movie freek ningo yellorukitayum why marriage agaliya ketu tu irrukingo :think: .......

:Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

moviefreak
04-04-2004, 05:05 AM
because suha, they are all very worried about this posting

Bluelotus
04-04-2004, 10:58 AM
the best part is tht those who advocate marriage r usually the married folks ;)

I awlways found tht my married/coupled friends have this tendency to want to put others in couples...don't really understand why though...it's very nice of them I'm sure ...but frankly quite irritating at times :Ksp:

th_ilu_sjp
04-04-2004, 03:07 PM
if u don't accpecrt this, try to love u marriage patener rather then commiting a marriage palne. try to make love in marriage life.

dinesh
04-04-2004, 03:32 PM
I awlways found tht my married/coupled friends have this tendency to want to put others in couples...don't really understand why though...it's very nice of them I'm sure ...but frankly quite irritating at times

யான் பெற்ற துன்பம் பெறுக இவ் வையகம் என்ற நல்லெண்ணம் தான் :sm12:

anainar
04-04-2004, 04:04 PM
I awlways found tht my married/coupled friends have this tendency to want to put others in couples...don't really understand why though...it's very nice of them I'm sure ...but frankly quite irritating at times

Well, for them it is fun to make "Fixes". But there are exceptions like me you know, who have never ever tried to fix anything. To me living life the way they want is individual's preference. Even between spouses. I firmly believe that and also get into rough weather because of that. But what is life without a bit of storm? :ee: :ee:

Marriage or love is a need that has to be felt by an individual. If you dont feel it, no need to make extra effort to feel it. No need to succumb to friendly fixes also which can be denied politely.

Dinesh seems to be maintaining the line consistently so far. But you might also feel the need for love/marriage some time. When it happens, no need to apologetic about the stance taken so far. Just accept it and move forward.

I enjoyed the jokes in the first post though. :D :D

Cheers

Bluelotus
04-04-2004, 05:15 PM

Well, for them it is fun to make "Fixes". But there are exceptions like me you know, who have never ever tried to fix anything. To me living life the way they want is individual's preference. Even between spouses. I firmly believe that and also get into rough weather because of that. But what is life without a bit of storm? :ee: :ee:

Marriage or love is a need that has to be felt by an individual. If you dont feel it, no need to make extra effort to feel it. No need to succumb to friendly fixes also which can be denied politely.

Dinesh seems to be maintaining the line consistently so far. But you might also feel the need for love/marriage some time. When it happens, no need to apologetic about the stance taken so far. Just accept it and move forward.

Cheers

:ee: ...really u never tried to fixe anything or anyone?...okay okay.....I belive you :ee:

Not saying that there isn't a place for love or marriage or thimbles in life....just not the right spatio-temporal point at the moment...if u get what I mean ....have bigger "fish to fry" for wont of a better expression...

The thing is, we now live longer so....if we get into a romantic partnership earlier in life...then potentially u will spend more time in that particular stage than our ancestors did.....so my theory is for a happy partnership, we should decrease the number of years spend together...by getting involved later in life *most likely very flawed theory ...but don't really care :ahha: *

I will get myself hooked to some poor unassuming guy eventually...in the mean time I am more than happy frolicking in never never land and feeding the ducks...without forgetting being utterly materialistic and visiting the boutiques every chance I get
"Friendly fixes" have been sweetly refused...but it does not stop them u know....they kinda feel tht if they r attached so should everyone around them b...I guess they feel rather uncomfortable holding hands and smooching in front of us singletons...but frankly tht's their problem and not mine :Ksp:

lol...Dinesh is a different kettle of fish altogether...for all we know he is happily settled in a relationship and just protest for the sake of protesting...and hence having fun arguing away with the many ladies and gents of geetham....*just kiding Dinesh :ee: * ....of course ur single :sm03:
Shidinesh wrote:

யான் பெற்ற துன்பம் பெறுக இவ் வையகம் என்ற நல்லெண்ணம் தான்
( :ush: ....but I think so too... :cool: )

the one I liked most was the children one.......pretty sure my parents have thought abt it several times already.....let's just say we r no angels us lot :evil: .

Shy
04-04-2004, 05:20 PM

Cheers

Good one anainar.. oodal kuudal iruntha thaan life supera irukkum !!!! Ellaina bore right :)

Shy

dinesh
04-04-2004, 08:27 PM
inge romba perukku ennaiya pathi kavalai......enna panna... :sm12:

honey
04-05-2004, 01:25 AM
Hi Very nice yet so funny .I think the person who wrote this wud have got a great experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shy
04-05-2004, 01:35 AM
inge romba perukku ennaiya pathi kavalai......enna panna... :sm12:

for a start.. santhoosha padalaam ;)

Shy

seny
04-05-2004, 01:32 PM
the piece shared by "th_ilu_sjp" was kind of interesting and provoked few thoughts... perhaps it was written by someone who had felt the pain of marraige or else someone who has seen it happening to others... to me marriage doesnt look so dangerous as described.. i have seen several examples living their lives happily... not all marraiges are happy and not all love relationships have happy endings.. isnt there anyone who hasnt seen lovers fighting-quarrelling... its all in the game.. so is it in marriage... y demoralise someone by showing him too many negative stuff that could happen... show him the meaning of being loved.. i am sure marriage could be sweeter than love b4 marriage...

Seny

Bluelotus
04-05-2004, 02:01 PM
errr....Seny ...I really think it was supposed to be a joke (u kinda get this type of stuff all the time in fwds)....but ur right....reality isn't like that at all....married life am sure holds much joy,etc

sri_gan
04-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Yoov DSP,

I totally disagree.. engachum thedi puduchiyaa... illa neeye okanthu ithellam ezhuthuriya... :sm12::sm12::sm12:

unique
04-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Yerkanave inga niraya peru marriageku oppose pannitu irukaanga....idhula indha maadhiri ellam vera pottu advise vera kodukareenga.....

Unique-ku unnum kalyanam aagala polrukku..adaan ivlo varutha padraanga..thilu, pavam paa avanga.. :sm12: :sm12: :wink: :wink:

moviefreak

Naan ennaku kalyanam aagalainu engayavadhu mention panni irukena.....i meant inga means Geethathula......

Suha chellam ketta maadhiri yaar ippadi post panninalum odane kalyanam aagalaiyanu ketkareenga...yen kalyanam aagadhavanga thaan ippadi ketkanamnu any rules :wink:

th_ilu_sjp
04-19-2004, 03:29 AM
Yoov DSP,

I totally disagree.. engachum thedi puduchiyaa... illa neeye okanthu ithellam ezhuthuriya... :sm12::sm12::sm12:

hai Mrrrr. sri _gan,

if u disagree with that. i don't care. that’s ur problem. but u have to work out to that how to tell others ur thoughts to others i may heat others feeling. i didn't wright this ok. i read this is somewhere in net. and i though it would nice to share with u guys in geetham. if it heats u please excuse me

katteri
04-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Kalakuraa thi_lu_sjp..

Niraiya peru othu kka mattanghaa....

Bluelotus
04-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Soooo young yet sooo cynical.... :think: wonder what u guys would be like in 30 odd years....

Love and marriage,
Love and marriage
Go together
Like a horse and carriage
This I tell you brother
You can't have one without the other
Love and marriage, love and marriage
It's an institute you can't disparage
Ask the local gentry
And they will say it's elementary

Try, try, try to separate them
It's an illusion
Try, try, try, and you will only come
To this conclusion

Go together like a horse and carriage
Dad was told by mother

FRANK SINATRA

:wink: *just for fun* :ee:

reks
04-20-2004, 07:48 PM
cute poem blues :)

Bluelotus
04-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Reks...it's that song by Sinatra...not a poem :wink: .....but thank you anyways babe.... :D

Shy
04-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Go together like a horse and carriage
Dad was told by mother

Lotus.. nalla irukku :b:

But oru thinking.. carraigela poorathooda horse ride thaan ennum thrill.. Appuram eppadi you cant have one without the other.. Horse thaniyaa irukkum, carriagekku matum thaan it needs someone.. enna thaan solrathu???

Shy

reks
04-20-2004, 10:56 PM
:ee: blue

yup Shy.. luv panra time is alwez thrilling thaan married life... but family'nu (kolantha kuttis) varapo carriage (marriage) is better... cos it can accomodate more ppl... :ahha:... and the carriage needs the horse (luv) :doh:

expleenation romba thangalana... neenga :sm18: pannikonga :oops: :oops: :oops:

vasan
04-20-2004, 11:11 PM
expleenation romba thangalana... neenga pannikonga

More than any thing its the TR style marriage carriage thingy that drove me to..

:sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18:

:sm19: :sm19: :sm19: :sm19: :sm19: :sm19: :sm19:

Sorry Aristotle.. :P :P :P Chumaa pagidi.. pagidi.. :oops: :oops:

RaasuKutty
04-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Go together
Like a horse and carriage

horse and carriage... definitively sounds like marriage... carriage with absolutely any purpose just adds more load to the horse... And the best part is carrage always claim that the horse cannot live without the carriage (thou everyone knows the truth).... :lol: :lol:

saisrini85
04-21-2004, 04:23 PM

In short, Love is blind,

Just the thought of marriage makes the ppl run away from it.. why??? there are many who have successful marriages.. i think the recipe for a successful marriage is adjustment! I am not married but i feel this is one of the good solutions!

Bluelotus
04-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Good question, Saisrini!!
the answer is ...if ppl keep posting anti-marriage propaganda...what ya expect mate :wink:

Cor ppl !!
I though I would be nice and post something positive :ahha: as opposed to being devil's advocate...and so backfired on me....

I dunno abt the silly horse and carriage...not too keen on most animals if they come withing 3feet of me anyways...
who needs a horse and carriage when I can have my very own gas guzling automobile huh ? :D

yeah Reks,
carriage needs the horse all rite or it becomes redundant ...but by now they are pretty much redundant anyway.............

Shy Akka neengalumaaa? :00:
amaaaa carriagela neenga top speed-la oru rubbish road-la poi parthuirukingalaaa..... :wink:
try pannungo :ee:

Shy
04-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Shy Akka neengalumaaa?
amaaaa carriagela neenga top speed-la oru rubbish road-la poi parthuirukingalaaa.....
try pannungo

Acho no sweet lotus, naan geninue'a sonaen.. carriage and horse pathi :ee: Nothing relating it to marriage :D

Shy

sagi
04-28-2004, 07:37 AM
ippollem kalynam enna ellarum bhayapaduranga...ithila ithu veraiya? :think:

suha
04-28-2004, 08:19 AM
nammaku idhu paathi yedhum teriyadhu :Ksp:

sagi
04-28-2004, 11:24 AM
poi solla koodathu pappa
endrum puram solla laagaathu pappa

suha
04-28-2004, 02:39 PM
poi solla koodathu pappa
endrum puram solla laagaathu pappa

aapdi naa yenna sagi mom :?

poi solla indha manasuku teriya villa :Ksp:

naan nijama thaan solrein mom..............unngallukku marrige naa yenna teriyumma solungo :oops:

yogesh220
04-28-2004, 02:59 PM
unngallukku marrige naa yenna teriyumma solungo

kalyaanamnaa,peepee oothuvaango, dum dum adippaaangoo... rendu perai publicaa stagela ethi arisiya vachu ellaaarum adippaango...appuram andha rendu peeraiyum ore jailukkulla onna thalli pootuvaango...ivanga rendu peerum enna pannurathunnu theriyaama light off pannuvaanga...athukku mela enakku theriyaathuppaa...:wink:

suha
04-28-2004, 03:31 PM
:evil: un kitta kettteinna yogi rombha thaan :oops:

nee sonnadhulaam thappu :nono:

sapdulaam kodupango apuram sweets kodupango adhullam solalla :evil:

yogesh220
04-28-2004, 03:42 PM
sapdulaam kodupango apuram sweets kodupango adhullam solalla

sari sari naan marandhuttean...sappadu poduvaangooo..oru vaazhaipazhathai paiyan urichi ponnu vaaayila compel panni thinippangoo..athe mathiri paiyan vaayila ponnu thinippaango... appuram sarreyavum vestiyavum mudichu pottu theeya chucthi chuthi vaanu solli thandanai koduppaangoo... appuram ponnu odirakoodathunnu, paiyan oru kayira ponnu kaluthula kattuvaaru, oru mudhichu pottaaa ponnu kalattittu oodidumnu paiyan moonu mudichu nalla irukkamaa kattuvaaru...appuram....appura m sollrean...