PDA

View Full Version : Watching downloaded movies on TV

vbosco
04-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Hi All,

I hope the members of Geetham are enjoying the movies in Dolb Digital Format.
I like to know.... Is everyone watching the movie from your compuetr directly or Anyone converting the movies to VCD or SVCD or DVD (If you can afford).
The VCD use strictly for personnel use.

If anyone converts these files into VCD and watches them on TV. Please contribute to this Thread.
If you are new.... Welcome .

Admin....
I hope I am not saying anything illegal here....
If it is so....Please delete this thread.

Thanks,
Bosco

anainar
04-06-2004, 04:37 PM
What are you trying to do Bosco? It will not make sense to convert the DIVX movies with AC3 audio into VCD as VCD supports only 2 channel stereo. If you still want to do that there are software available which will convert DIVX into VCD. Nero comes with such a software and you can create VCD directly from AVI file. I have not used any other software for that purpose though. But it wont work for AC3 audio.

Also it does not make sense to convert it back to DVD, as the AVIs are created from DVD. Why would some one want to take it back to DVD? They can as well copy the DVD to another DVD.

Cheers.

GoodBoy
04-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Now DVD player playing DIVX format is available in the market..so no need of conversion..u can directly enjoy the movie with ac3 audio..

desimusic
04-07-2004, 05:14 PM
hey try this website..www.vcdhelp.com
you will come across many forums and answers to ur many questions.
Hope this helps.

if your TV has a S-video and ur laptop has a S-video, u can connect the two outlets such that the movie will play from ur laptop onto ur TV.

silican
04-07-2004, 05:21 PM
If All you want is to watch the movie on a bigger screen, Go for an S-cable that is compatible with your PC/Laptop and plug it to Video IN of your TV. You can very well have the Dolby 5.1 surround speaker system connected to your comp and enjoy both Bigger picture and great sound.

Silican

neha3000
04-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Hi guys. I did not know VCD only supported 2 channels of sound. But its funny. I have quite a lot of indian movies on VCD(ripped from DVD) which give me complete 6 channel output on my home theater.

chitracheenu
04-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Even I didnt know that VCD only supports 2 channels..Really it's funny.. Even I downloaded Kushi and watched it in Computer but I was also thinking like If there is way to watch it in TV would have been better.

vennai1
04-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Even I didnt know that VCD only supports 2 channels..Really it's funny.. Even I downloaded Kushi and watched it in Computer but I was also thinking like If there is way to watch it in TV would have been better.

well...VCD is an old format around for about 10 years now...
so its time we switch to DVD... ;)