PDA

View Full Version : Smoking and attraction

Comenaughty
04-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey...
wondered abt this topic for quite some time..... ppl tell that girls get attracted to men with sticks in their mouth...... is it true? even in movies "avar cigarette pidikara style'a thani" dialogue gets oft repaeated...... but is this a turn on for a girl :00:?

is that the reason girls tend to b a fan of rajini? :think:

Bluelotus
04-11-2004, 11:33 PM
I cannot help- but laugh my head off :lol:
U do wonder abt strange things don't u Comenaughty...

Smoking is now seen as quite an anti-social behaviour.
Frankly I don't really see the attraction of the cigarette....and to top it all, its negative effect on ppl's health is now so widely known, I have never actually undertsood how the tobacco industry keeps raking in so much profit year after year.

Now I have no idea why ppl like Rajini so much...

But "the stick in the mouth"-effect that ur refering to......it sort of gives a guy a rakish air.....a macho look if u like...makes one think of pirates and other dangerous characters.
I mean think lex luthor is a lot more exciting than boring old goody-two-shoes Superman :ahha:
Danger has always had an attraction....even if women persist on asking for knights in shining armours and princes ...what they secretly wish for is a pirate ....more like Captain Hook than Bluebeard though...cos the latter is a terrible specimen.
Even Johnny Depp seemed a lot more fascinating than Orlando Bloom in Pirates of the Caribbeans...
Rakes and philanderer have unfortunately fascinated and bemused women folks for centuries....while saints are not much fun :wink:

However if ur not a smoker ...and after reading the above non-sense ...ur considering taking up smoking....DON'T!!! It's a filthy habit ...does awful things to ur lungs...read the warning on the *** packets. :( :nono:
and women now don't find smoking attractive at all.....cos passive smoking is just as detrimental to ones health as active smoking is.

I mean how can an addiction be even considered to be attractive escapes me :Ksp:

Don't smoke,
Blue.

(the above is just loads of nonsense....except for the non-smoking advice)

Comenaughty
04-11-2004, 11:38 PM
blue
i aint one of those disillusioned person to do things for attraction..... :ahha: ..... jus a qushtin off my mind.....thanx for the advice.....hope some smkers come across this topic......:)

sri_gan
04-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Matrix Naughty,

That not necessary to be a turn on in a girl.... Lot of guys do like Rajini's Style of smoking athukaga guys oda turn on nu solla mudiyuma.

Girls are just enjoying that style avlothan, thats what Nalla Payyan thinks, I don't know about the rest of the world, lets see som insight views

Comenaughty
04-12-2004, 03:54 AM
sri,
i will take back the word "turn on" and instead use attraction from now....that is the topic too..... i have hrd guys tell "i smoke coz girls like it".... thats y.....bus is it the case..... is anyone attracted at all ...... :think:

sri_gan
04-12-2004, 04:04 AM
I don't think Dhum adikirathu as a attraction....

If a guys says "i smoke coz girls like it" simply he takes an excuse at some one's expense.

I honestly don't think girls are attracted by smoking or am I in a different world ? :think:

Comenaughty
04-12-2004, 04:50 AM
I honestly don't think girls are attracted by smoking or am I in a different world ?

well,
even i thought the same....... but im sure..... u recollect the song
"naan dum adikkara style pathu rakamma mayingana....
naan....... "....some vijay movies' song.......

thats y started the topic in women's section to get a first hand report :ee:

chitracheenu
04-12-2004, 04:50 AM
adhu cinemala naughty..neja vaazhkaila cigrette pidichaa ponnu attract aarahalo illayo..kandipaa cancer seekaramavey attract aagum..

ferny
04-12-2004, 05:56 AM
Naughty I don't think girls are attracted to guys who smoke. Me personally, I hate guys who smell like cigarettes. Its a definite "turn off".

chitracheenu
04-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Sila penkaluku smoking smell naa pidikum adhu venumnaa othukirein paa..aana smokingey oru habitaa vachu penkalai attract pannanum nenaichaa..illa I dont think so..Unnoda character thaan avangalai mudhala attract pannanum..adhu important..

vennai1
04-12-2004, 07:00 PM
I honestly don't think girls are attracted by smoking or am I in a different world ?

Srigan, you and I are in the same world... never once I saw any girl
being attracted or atleast say something sweeet coz we smoke... :P

naatti, I think it is only the boys who think that girls are attracted to smoking boys :P :P

Bluelotus
04-12-2004, 07:04 PM
well yeah no body wants to go out with an ash-tray do they....be they men or women

vasan
04-12-2004, 07:55 PM
hmm.. What happens if the girl smokes.. (not only is she hot, but she is smokin' hot.. :P :P) and isn't it a easy ice-breaker.. :D :D :D

Got a light? :D

vennai1
04-12-2004, 08:05 PM
What happens if the girl smokes.. (

if a girl starts smoking..she must either be blonde or stupid...
(no i am not trying to be redundant... :ahha:)

vasan
04-12-2004, 08:09 PM
if a girl starts smoking.. she must either be blonde or stupid...
(no i am not trying to be redundant... )

Duh.. where as if a guy smokes he need not be Stupid? Or do you mean to say anyone who smokes is stupid? Is that the definition for stupidity - "smoking = stupidity"?

There are health dangers provenly associated with smoking - just like health dangers provenly associated with 'stressful' living. So why is one of them 'supidity' the other is a social OK (not adviced, but socially not ostracized?!) ?

Bias.. swami.. bias... And the propaganda from the people-against-smoking :D :D :D

unique
04-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Ayyo smoking and attraction idhu rendume oththu pogaadhu.....i don t think girls are attracted to guys who smoke.....if some do am just wondering how they can stand it the sickening smell....ennaku oru second leye headache vandhidum apparam thaane attractionku :wink: :wink: .......Girls don t get attracted to guys who smoke,am talking abt normal girls, not those who like smoking

vennai1
04-12-2004, 08:13 PM
no vasan... i just meant what i said... and i dont see any bias there! :)

RaasuKutty
04-12-2004, 08:27 PM
(no i am not trying to be redundant... )

Anne... u cannot relate a habit with their intelligence... Smoking is just a habit... Everyone knows Coffee is not gud for health but still everyone drinks.. does this mean everyone who drinks coffee is a stupid????

B/w.. I know gals hate smoking.. but not seen anyone who thinks that its an attraction....

Bluelotus
04-12-2004, 08:48 PM
unique:
Girls don t get attracted to guys who smoke,am talking abt normal girls, not those who like smoking

victor:

hmmm :think:

no they're not stupid or abnormal nor are they suffering from some strange mental disorder :ahha:

Come on ppl......be bit more tolerant...

Research has shown that smoking in women has indeed increased dramatically.....mostly due to peer pressure amng teenagers....and other factors tht I can't remember....
The thin g abt the cig is tht once they start smoking on a regular basis to be more "kewl" they get addicted.....even if they believe they can quit at any time ...they can't ...
The worst is those who think tht smoking relieves stress ...in fact it increases ur stress level quite a bit.

Victor the smoking woman can be evry colour under the sun....just like the smoking men :ahha:
And like raasu said u cannot relate smoking with ppl's intelligence...cos the worst smokers in the world are doctors I think along with having the highest suicide rate :Ksp:

Those who find smokers attractive...well tht's their choice and their tastes.....to each their own.

Serioulsy one should consider all the health risks carefully b4 one starts to smoke
Existing smokers, try ur best to quit....it's hard but quitting at any stage shall reverse the risks of cancer....next time I shall try and find a picture of a smokers lung :ahha: gorgeous pix :ee:

it's not the actual smell or the taste or the whateevr of tobacco but idea that the smoker is a rebel and more adventurous than the non-smoker
Wonder if the same applies to those who smoke pipes :think:

k, I'm just taking the mickey ...sorry

vennai1
04-12-2004, 09:05 PM
blues...all you say is true...
but what i meant was a girl who smokes is stupid...

but that does not mean that boys who smoke are not... they are too... :)

chitracheenu
04-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Blue..Seriyaan blue thaan paa..thool kelapateenga..I agree with whatever u said. It's not only cigrette.. Anything u start in a normal way and u like the taste, u become addict to it.. Vidarathu romba kashtam..

Shy
04-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Naughty,

Attraction :00: yaar sonna !!! Never towards a guy who smokes!! Antha smell and pogai... its very sick and irritating... Appadiyae udaykalaamnu thaan thoonum,a ttraction irukaathu...

Rajini cigar pudikarthu nalla craze ellai, antha stylekku thaan ;)

Shy

Comenaughty
04-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Naughty,

Attraction :00: yaar sonna !!! Never towards a guy who smokes!! Antha smell and pogai... its very sick and irritating... Appadiyae udaykalaamnu thaan thoonum,a ttraction irukaathu...

Shy

shy

see the bolded portion..... thats exactly my point here..... im sure some of the smokers dont like the smell...... but they do it, coz they dream of a girl for him based on his cigarette smoking style...... neengale, inga mention panniteenga parungooooo :ee:

suha
04-15-2004, 12:56 AM
smoking acho :doh: smoke panna cough varum......

yenna naan try panni irrukkein :ee:

acho akka .....baiya ...tha tha...........thitadingo :Ksp:

vasan
04-15-2004, 01:02 AM
smoke panninaa pugai thaane varum.. athu eppadi cough varum.. :think:

oiii suha... it is illegal for kids under ten years to smoke.. :evil: police paarthukitte irukku.. :wink:

suha
04-15-2004, 01:09 AM
smoke panninaa pugai thaane varum.. athu eppadi cough varum.. :think:

oiii suha... it is illegal for kids under ten years to smoke.. :evil: police paarthukitte irukku.. :wink:

pugai varum adhu vandhu pugai vita varum :ee: ............pugai ye mulingita cough thaan varum :Ksp: tha tha kum kum kum.... :oops:

police thanei pakudhu.......appo no problem yenna police na yennaku pidikum :ee: :sm08:

vennai1
04-15-2004, 10:29 PM
suha... probably you dint read my earlier post... :P

here it is for you again :P :P

(no i am not trying to be redundant... :ahha: )

Shy
04-16-2004, 02:54 AM
Naughty,

Shy

shy

see the bolded portion..... thats exactly my point here..... im sure some of the smokers dont like the smell...... but they do it, coz they dream of a girl for him based on his cigarette smoking style...... neengale, inga mention panniteenga parungooooo :ee:

Naughty ji, Naan sonathu Cigar pudikara style ellai :) General Style.., mannerisms etc.. Cigar style just a speciality.. but aathukaarar athai pana sagikaathu.. just it will be good for a actor.. thats it :)

Shy

suryalover
04-16-2004, 03:52 AM
aaha intha topic epothume vidathu pola... :lol: :lol:

suha
04-16-2004, 04:11 AM
suha... probably you dint read my earlier post... :P

here it is for you again :P :P

(no i am not trying to be redundant... :ahha: )

:Ksp: :Ksp: guruji me chumma pagidi pannein chorry :( mee goodu girl :ee:

yocks
05-03-2004, 10:22 AM
he he he.....suha.....nan unakku company tharen oru round thanni poduvom varum podhu oru packet Dunhill kondu va.... :D

come soon yah waiting......!!

- yocks :sm35:

Dushy_kutty
05-04-2004, 09:34 AM
smoking.. hmm.. its a hard one.. i guess for me.. if a guy smokes then its a real turn off!! vasan smoking isn't the only way to go and ask a girl out u kno.. i guess yer that is an easy way but, it aint the nicest way, i personally think that guys that smoke isnt the best attraction, guys just think that girls think that smoking is 'cool' but personally i don't!! the reason that we girls dont like our guys smoking is jus cuz we girls care about our guys and we want them to be healthy :ee:

suha
05-04-2004, 10:39 AM
:evil: shhhhhhhhhhh ghup chup.......mr.yolk

sagi
05-04-2004, 11:48 AM
suha :yes: appadi podu
ivan vaya adakka chilli vodka thaan sari
yolk..rombha thullathinga..appuram ungala cook panniduvom :lol:

yocks
05-04-2004, 12:49 PM
EDITED by Shy

Yocks, U just got a warning, refrain from posting such posts

Thanks

Shy

suha
05-04-2004, 02:56 PM
yolk :lol:http://www.dewittindustries.com/cgibin/ibrowse/images/of_08/animations/culture/household/food/7579.gif

seri visayathuku varuvom.........hello escuse me yocks.........

ingha ningo dha dha girri laam panadingo ok va...... :sm10:

ningo nala pesunna......naamballum nalla pesuvom......ingha namballam friends so ningallum ozangha pessungo ok ...........thanks

yocks
05-04-2004, 03:59 PM
EDITED by Shy

Yocks, U just got a warning, refrain from posting such posts

Thanks

Shy

katteri
05-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Can u please recollect some of the girls have opted they say they wud marry a guy who wud smoke...

in what kind of mappilai do girls look topic....

sagi
05-05-2004, 12:15 AM
What's wrong in marrying a guy who is a smoker?
I mean if he is still with good health...then there is a chance for us to change him? ryte?
but personally i get sick when i smell cig :(
yukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
It's simply ANNOYING :(

sup1984
05-05-2004, 05:56 AM
no way man

the friends i hang out with think its a total turn off ....they are like get off my face

sagi
05-05-2004, 06:40 AM
10 Steps To Quit Smoking the Butt out

1. Congratulations. You've made the first step just by deciding you want to quit smoking. Nicotine is a powerfully addictive stimulant. Now that you've made up your mind, list your reasons for quitting. These reasons may range from health benefits to financial savings. Keep your list on the bathroom mirror or refrigerator. Review your reasons for quitting several times a day; this will come in handy if and when you are craving a cigarette.

2. Explore what triggers your desire to smoke. It may be stress, habit or stimulation. After you've decided what triggers you to smoke, think of activities that may also alleviate your trigger. You may choose to go for a walk or eat and hang out in non-smoking restaurants and bars to avoid your triggers for cigarettes.

3. Watch what you eat. Nicotine is a stimulant; in other words, it increases the amount of calories your body needs to maintain your current weight. So, when you quit smoking, your body will need fewer calories to stay at the same weight. To keep yourself from wanting a cigarette, experts suggest chewing sugar-free gum. It may also be beneficial to increase your physical activity if you wish to remain at your current level of consumption.

4. Choose alkaline foods to avoid cravings. Foods are considered alkaline, acidic or neutral. Alkaline foods slow the depletion of nicotine in your body and help decrease your craving for cigarettes. These include milk, yogurt, shrimp, mineral water, fruits, vegetables, olives, almonds and Brazil nuts.

5. Limit caffeine and sugar intake. Both caffeine and sugar are stimulants. Foods high in caffeine and sugar can mimic the "highs and lows" of any addiction including smoking. If you consume large amounts of caffeine or sugar, you may find the same stimulant effect as you would with nicotine; this could lead to a possible relapse. Make sure to have a diet rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Eat foods such as candy, chocolate and caffeinated beverages including coffee, tea or soda in moderation.

6. Start an exercise program (if you haven't already). Exercise helps reduce stress. When exercising, your body releases endorphins, which lower stress levels and increase feelings of relaxation.

7. Eat foods rich in antioxidants. Nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin E and beta-carotene are depleted when smoking. These nutrients help fight off free radicals, which are generated when you smoke and can cause damage to cells. Oranges, strawberries, red peppers and mangos are high in C; avocados and peanuts are a good source of vitamin E; and carrots and sweet potatoes provide a good shot of beta-carotene.

8. Check into herbal supplements. Herbs such as lobelia appear to help decrease cravings. Others like chamomile, kava or catnip may help you relax. As well, St. John's wort may help take the edge off as you go through the nicotine-weaning process.

9. Reap the physical benefits of quitting. Within 20 minutes of your last cigarette, your blood pressure will return to normal. Within 24 hours, chances of heart attack decrease. Within 48 hours, the ability to taste and smell begins to revive. Within 72 hours, breathing becomes easier. Within one month, circulation improves.

10. Take one day at a time. As with any addiction, quitting is an uphill battle. Remind yourself daily why you quit smoking and how great it feels to be nicotine-free, physically healthy and nutritionally sound.

eluthina punniyavan vazhka

suha
05-05-2004, 07:53 AM
mmmmmmmm.........idhullam smoke panravangalluka illa yellrukumma.... :think:

chumma ok ok.....sagi mom........ippo laam smoking vandhu style agiduchu :Ksp: ...... ingha school girls yellorum smoke panrango :(