PDA

View Full Version : Dunk the Ball: NBA Playoff (2004) Talks in Geetham

vasan
04-16-2004, 02:00 AM
[highlight=blue:583ff224c1]DUNK THE BALL: NBA PLAY OFF TALKS IN GEETHAM[/highlight:583ff224c1]

Yo,

This is the place where we will be watching the greatest ball game of the season. NBA Playoffs. The Games start this saturday and its going to be the purest adrenaline for the next few weeks. Join Vasan and Vennai and the Fans in Geetham over for chips and salsa and some racy dialogues as the games proceed.

Here is the lineup (in brackets their regular season records):

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Indiana PACERS (61-21) Vs Boston CELTICS (36-46)

New Jersey NETS (47-35) Vs New York KNICKS (39-43)

Detroit PISTONS (54-28 ) Vs Milwaukee BUCKS (41-41)

Miami HEAT (42-40) Vs New Orleans HORNETS (41-41)

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Minnesota WOLVES (58-24) Vs Denver NUGGETS (43-39)

Los Angeles LAKERS (56-26) Vs Houston ROCKETS (45-37)

San Antonio SPURS (57-25) Vs Memphis GRIZZLIES (50-32)

Sacramento KINGS (55-27) Vs Dallas MAVERICKS (52-30)

----------------------------------

[highlight=darkred:583ff224c1]RULES[/highlight:583ff224c1]

1) Support and root for, yell and voice up for YOUR team. Let us know whom you favor!

2) Keep updating us about your fav teams and how they are doing. Share photos exciting game stats and health of your players too. Any thing interesting can and SHOULD be shared.. :D

3) Have fun !

4) This is NBA folks; people are a bit ROWDY around the arena. EXUBERANCE should be excused. Take things sportively, or go drink a (root or lite or regular or bitter) beer :)

Shy
04-16-2004, 02:11 AM
I love basketball..basketball..basket ball ....antha song paduraen ;)

Anyway heres my team(s) ;)

Eastern Camps, Of course our NETS .. Jason Kidd, Martin and RJ..kalakapooraanga..

Western Camps, Lakers, even though they arent in their best yet.. Kobe kaaga :ee:

Rendu kannula yaethunu kaekureenga..I cant say which one;) So I have favored these 2 teams, my home team and Kobe :ee: team

More as the playoff starts :)

Shy

gokulan42
04-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Lakers (the best irrespective of the standings) from the west and Indiana (detroit if injury bits indy).

Shy, I like kobeee tooooo :)

btw, where is the nhl talk guys. sharks won the series 4 - 1 now :)

Shy
04-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Gokul.. Great !!!! Appo already eppovae western champs lakersnu mudivu panidalaam.. namba irukoom right :)

Pacers aa neengo.. Jermaine O'Neal/Anthony Johnson are good !! But enna irunthaalum enga kidd kita onnum nadakaathu :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Shy

gokulan42
04-16-2004, 03:43 PM
I want Nets to win :) but, my prediction is pacers or pistons from the east :(

Go lakers :b:

kumar
04-16-2004, 04:05 PM
for eastern its going to be nets or pacers and for the western conference its going to be lakers...
Lakers all the way...kobe and phil jackson is going to free agent this year, its time to show that they are worth to be in lakers...

gokulan42
04-16-2004, 04:24 PM
kobe will be coveted by nearly every single team :)

vasan
04-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Oiii... Enna ore Lakers and Kobe support.. this is even before the guy from west has actually made any posts.. :D :D :D :D :D

I am rooting for LA Lakers, with Shaq and Kobe and Phil... Its the tenth Ring for Phil, and with Karl seems to be down with ankle problems, and if Gary could force some turnovers and fast breaks, its going to be one heck of a team - once again with a Triangle offence. Slava has improved immensely and the bench seems to be almost trustworthy. Shoot.. their bench can make a better team than some franchises.. :) I am waiting to see if Guard or the Center going to get the MVP for playoffs...

Go Lakers, bring home the Ring !! Or as Shaq says, 'Let the TRUTH be told !" :P :P :P :P

Vasan

Shy
04-16-2004, 08:19 PM
and if Gary could force some turnovers and fast breaks, its going to be one heck of a team - once again with a Triangle offence.

True, but before that, he shud control his temper, ellaina locker room thaan :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

I feel payton and malone have some chemistry between them, those too are good together!!!

Kobe, thanikaatu raja, avan kalakuvaan ;) but I guess she start playing along with the team instead of trying to make the shot himself always :D

Shaq kaekavae vaendaam, circle la irunthaana, yaaraalaiyum onnum pana mudiyaathu, except to foul him :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Nets pathi sola vaendaam.. Everyone is great..

Kittles and Roger konjam shud start moulding for 3's ... 3 shooters thaan missing in this team very badly... Kittles is supposed to be the 3 shooter :lol: :lol:

Sola maranthutaen .....First one against Knicks :D .. Orae crush thaan .. madison square gardenla !!!! paavam allan houston ;)

Shy

vennai1
04-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Sola maranthutaen .....First one against Knicks .. Orae crush thaan .. madison square gardenla !!!! paavam allan houston

well.. dont take the knicks that easy... i am sure its gonna be tough for
kidd and nj..

my support is all the way for the world champion spurs ! ;)

btw, mods is trash talking allowed here ... :think:

vasan
04-16-2004, 09:02 PM
btw, mods is trash talking allowed here ...

er... I think so.. illainaa how can we allow anything you write.. :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Enpaaa ippidi vaai kuduththu mattikiree.... :wink:

Anyways.. World Champion Spurs... Gotta first take on the completely transformed Grizzs... Can't believe that this was a team that was at the bottom of the league just an year ago.. Now they have a 50/32 record in the west.. Gosh.. For the first round, I will root for Grizz against Spurs.. :D :D :D Go Grizzilies.. Go.. !!

Vasan

vennai1
04-16-2004, 09:04 PM
I will root for Grizz against Spurs

yea..that is what yo man pau gasol was doing from the bench...
for the last cuple of weeks... :P :P

and yea... swift and IL bloke wright are gonna keep blocking
MVP duncan... you can root on that too... :P :P

PS: no..that was no trash talk.. rather just sane talk :P

sathy
04-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Nets pathi sola vaendaam.. Everyone is great..

Kittles and Roger konjam shud start moulding for 3's ... 3 shooters thaan missing in this team very badly... Kittles is supposed to be the 3 shooter :lol: :lol:

Sola maranthutaen .....First one against Knicks :D .. Orae crush thaan .. madison square gardenla !!!! paavam allan houston ;)

Shy

i don't think so... this time nets are gonna struggle in the first round itselves. both kidd and k-mart came bak from injury. they are not 100%. no wonder if the first round ends with nets in 6 or 7. but they will be definitely out in the next round when they face detroit. (bucks out). east pacers-pistons. west is like a rollercoaster. denver, grizzlies, rockets out. kings can make it if webber and peja can connect. second round will be last years western conf. finals repeat lakers-spurs. this time definitely lakers will definitely clinch the final spot berth. against minnesota/kings/mavs. don't want to go against kings, since i'm a kings fan :wink:

vasan
04-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Oh.. One alert folks..

Do read Marc Stein and Ric Bucner's articles (almost every day thingy.. ) in ESPN. com on NBA Playoffs.. Pretty good.. Much better than CNN or anyother place..

Vasan

gokulan42
04-17-2004, 01:52 AM
For lakers, Shaq is no longer moving like he was once. that kills the lakers in defence.
Payton is not that good in defense nowadays for all his past defence fame.
Kobe is the best in the game rightnow (best clutch shooter after jordan) and he is playing better than ever. Malone is unbelievable in defense as always (injury is the only thing that can stop him). Phil is phil :)

Spurs are history. Twin towers terror is no longer there. David R is gone and that new guy (whats his name nescafe :ee:) is not even close :lol:

vasan
04-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Whats Up This Weekend..

Folks don't forget to tune into...

SATURDAY: (All EST and on ESPN)

Celtics at Pacers 2.00 pm
Knicks at Nets 4.30 pm
Grizzlies at Spurs 8.30 pm
Rockets at Lakers 10.30 pm

SUNDAY

Bucks at Pistons 1.00 pm (ESPN)
Mavs at Kings 3.30 pm (ABC)
Hornets at Heat 7.00 pm (TNT)
Nuggets at Wolves 9.30 pm (TNT)

Don't forget to watch the First Match Up between Shaq and Yao... :b:

Go Shaq.. Rule the Paint !!!

Shy
04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Sathy, injury wont stop my team !! Moreover we proved that even without kidd and Kmart we can still rock ;) Wait and see ;)

Shy

vasan
04-19-2004, 10:39 PM
[highlight=blue:6ce2c51c66]RESULTS - SO FAR: First Round- Game 1[/highlight:6ce2c51c66]

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Indiana PACERS (104-88 ) Vs Boston CELTICS (Pacers Lead 1:0)

New Jersey NETS (107-83) Vs New York KNICKS (Nets Lead 1:0)

Detroit PISTONS (108-82) Vs Milwaukee BUCKS (Pistons Lead 1:0)

Miami HEAT (81-79) Vs New Orleans HORNETS (Heat Leads 1:0)

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Minnesota WOLVES (106-92) Vs Denver NUGGETS (Wolves lead 1:0)

Los Angeles LAKERS (72-71) Vs Houston ROCKETS (Lakers lead 1:0)

San Antonio SPURS (98-74) Vs Memphis GRIZZLIES (Spurs Lead 1:0)

Sacramento KINGS (116-105) Vs Dallas MAVERICKS (Kings lead 1:0)

----------------------------------

vasan
04-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Three notable points from Game 1, First Round...

1) Lakers are struggling - both defensively and offensively. Did any one count the number of turnovers committed? Terrible shooting percentage, and pathetic rebounding both ends. No decent fast breaks either. Shaq was a shadow center - not the most dominating center. And unless Shaq improves his free throw percentage, we might as well give up. And Kobe... I think there ought to be better efforts from him. Come on.. its the play offs.. bring on your standard 40 point + double figure rebound games....

2) Mavs wilting under pressure from Kings. Sure Kings have home court - but Bobby is still not there, and CWebb is shooting still poorly. They better learn to contain Peja and learn it pretty fast too.

3) Denver nuggets matching point for point for Spurs. It took all of the famous defence from Spurs to contain these guys. I think they are among the most improved teams by far. Unbelievable. It was not enough from Melo, but hey he is still a Rookie.. Even if they can win two games, I think it would be one heck of an effort from Denver. And they were playing in San Antonio...

4) Well I said only three surprises, but any way throw in this as well.. Heat and Hornets are shaping up more interesting than any other matchup in the east. Heat has come a long long way.. It would be nice to see them in the second.

Vasan

sathy
04-20-2004, 12:43 AM
1) Lakers are struggling - both defensively and offensively. Did any one count the number of turnovers committed? Terrible shooting percentage, and pathetic rebounding both ends. No decent fast breaks either. Shaq was a shadow center - not the most dominating center. And unless Shaq improves his free throw percentage, we might as well give up. And Kobe... I think there ought to be better efforts from him. Come on.. its the play offs.. bring on your standard 40 point + double figure rebound games....
Vasan

You are correct vasan... Both teams played ugly. Lets see in game 2

2) Mavs wilting under pressure from Kings. Sure Kings have home court - but Bobby is still not there, and CWebb is shooting still poorly. They better learn to contain Peja and learn it pretty fast too.
Vasan
C-Webb shot 12-19 that was a high percentage shooting. But bad at the line. Contain Peja :ahha: mavs can't play any defense. Kings played a good defense in the 4th quarter. Christie's allround game helped a lot. He almost had a triple-double just 2 rebounds shot

3) Denver nuggets matching point for point for Spurs. It took all of the famous defence from Spurs to contain these guys. I think they are among the most improved teams by far. Unbelievable. It was not enough from Melo, but hey he is still a Rookie.. Even if they can win two games, I think it would be one heck of an effort from Denver. And they were playing in San Antonio...
Vasan
T-wolves is playing nuggets not spurs. Nuggets had a tough time guarding Cassell and KG. So did Grizzlies with Duncan. Pau Gasol is not as big as him. He should learn how to use his body from Duncan. Grizzlies don't have a super star who could lead the scoring. Melo is just a rookie. So tough task ahead for two young teams. Better luck for both grizzlies and nuggets.

4) Well I said only three surprises, but any way throw in this as well.. Heat and Hornets are shaping up more interesting than any other matchup in the east. Heat has come a long long way.. It would be nice to see them in the second.
Vasan
This was one of the exciting of all the first round matchups. You could predict the winning team just on the matchups, except kings-mavs and heat-hornets. Most of the time game 2 decides the winner. Lets see wat happens...

[shadow=blue:19773feaf7]GO KINGS[/shadow:19773feaf7]

vasan
04-20-2004, 12:55 AM
"]
Vasan
T-wolves is playing nuggets not spurs. Nuggets had a tough time guarding Cassell and KG. So did Grizzlies with Duncan. Pau Gasol is not as big as him. He should learn how to use his body from Duncan. Grizzlies don't have a super star who could lead the scoring. Melo is just a rookie. So tough task ahead for two young teams. Better luck for both grizzlies and nuggets.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Darn.. This is what happens when you watch 8 games in 2 days. Yeah.. I meant to say Denver vs KG and the Wolves. Pity Melo was fouled out (not that he was spectacular or anything, but it changes your strategy too much.. Sam Cassell did too much of damage in the end. Nuggets had no answer for him.. :( :( Still, I liked the perky play from Earl Boykins.. :b:

Funny part is like you said, the comments could have been for Grizzs and Spurs game too. Duncan is too tall to handle.... But eventually what choked the Grizzlies was the Spurs defense... just 35 or so percent shooting.. Cheez...

Thanks for pointing out the corrections Sathy.. Spurs & Grizzlies game is already on.. Spurs are doing their job.. :D Can't wait for the Lakers game to start..

sup1984
04-21-2004, 01:47 AM
who ever wins from the western conference are the champs

they are too good for the easter conference teams...its always been like that i guess

and my support goes to KINGS!! or MAVERICKS!!!

gokulan42
04-21-2004, 01:55 AM
No not this time, buddy. The top 3 teams are pretty good - particularly detroit (with heavy interior defence) and indiana (if not lakers they r good)....

Teena
04-21-2004, 03:28 AM
Go Bucks!!(Milwaukee will rule) ;)

vasan
04-21-2004, 03:36 AM
I admire your loyalty to Milwaukee Bucks, Sivam... But chances are rather remote that they will rule.... :ahha:

hmm.. I wrote that Kobe should get back to his 40pt games.. and then he goes and puts up numbers like 36p/4r/4a.. this guy is amazing.. So Lakers are up 2-0 and the game moves to Houston... Can you believe that Shaq has played 137 playoff games before scoring in single digits for the first time.. :00: The only guy who has a better play off record is Mailman himself.. :) No Wilt or Mike.. :b: :b: But its time Shaq learns to avoid the fouling thingy and get on to his game..

Can't believe Celtics allowed Pacers to run wild in the fourth.... Jeez.. they matched then shot for shot until then.. and then sudden collapse.. :Ksp:...

hmm gotta watch for Mavs and Kings.. :D

gokulan42
04-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Sivam, I second you. Go bucks ;)

Kings vs Mavs is boring.. they are playing defense :Ksp:

Teena
04-22-2004, 02:08 AM
Way to go Gokul. :yes: ...Go Bucks....becoming the first road team to win in Playoffs beating the
tough :lol: :lol: Detroit Pistons!! :b: :b: :b: :b: More good things to come for Milwaukee!!

vasan
04-22-2004, 02:17 AM
Partheyn.. :oops: :oops:

I should have shut up, long time ago.. My apologies to you Sivam for underestimating Bucks.. Though they blew a cool 13 pt lead in the last quarter they hung in and beat the Pistons.. Good work...

Wow.. that too the very first team on the Road this play off season.. GO BUCKS !!! Lets hope this round gets to be very interesting.. :D

Vasan

Teena
04-22-2004, 02:36 AM
Yeah Vasan....with TJ Ford missing on the bucks lineup....it will be interesting to see how they play in rest of the games......!!

My pick from the west are the Lakerssssssssss!! :b: :yes:

Shy
04-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Sathy.. Jason and Kmart back patheengala !!! did watch the 3rd one !!! just because they cant beat Nets in the playoffs, knicks are trying to get a win off the court by filing a protest with NBA, claiming the clock stopped twice in the final 1:50 of their Game 3 loss :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the last mintue in the game I would say both teams did their best.. But at the end of this game where nets lead 81-78, as a game alltogther, Nets gave us better than the knicks.
Just with 2 points lead, RJ's big three with 50.7 remaining was just a litte. but the actual show was when kmart did a 3 with 25.9 and kidd's free throw with 18.2 seconds.

Enna adi :b: Kalakeetaanga :D

Shy[/php]

Shy
04-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Let me help Vasan :D

April 23 Friday's Schedule - TODAY

Indiana @ Boston 7:00 pm EST
L.A. Lakers @ Houston 9:30 pm EST

April 24 Friday's Schedule - SATURDAY(TOMORROW)

Miami @ New Orleans 1:00 pm EST
Detroit @ Milwaukee 3:30 pm EST
Sacramento @ Dallas 7:00 pm EST
Minnesota @ Denver 9:30 pm EST

Ok my guess for todays winner - Pacers and Lakers ;)

Shy

sathy
04-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Sathy.. Jason and Kmart back patheengala !!! did watch the 3rd one !!! just because they cant beat Nets in the playoffs, knicks are trying to get a win off the court by filing a protest with NBA, claiming the clock stopped twice in the final 1:50 of their Game 3

I thought Nets-Knicks series will be a good one. But... :oops: Now nets can sweep the series. I haven't seen 3rd one. But read the news on the stop clock malfunction. I donno what good its gonna do by claiming on extra seconds granted to nets. Knicks are unable to digest 0-3 lead by nets. NY fans and media might blame Isiah Thomas for his regular season moves that changed the entire roster that was not productive. Just for a safter side he's trying to blame on the stop clock :wink:
Like nets, spurs can sweep the series from grizzlies. Bucks did a great job beating pistons. Great coaching by Terry. Lets see if Houston has a answer for Lakers tonite. Can't wait for kings-mavs tomorrow :ee:

[shadow=blue:457ca06643]GO KINGS![/shadow:457ca06643]

Shy
04-25-2004, 01:50 PM

Shy

:oops: :oops: :oops: Kobe thoothutaan :cry: :cry: just 21 points :evil: :evil:

Houston, 56 percent from 3-point range :( :( ...... Steve game-high 27 points and Yao, 18 points and 10 rebounds.. Nalla velai triple double ellai... Anyway 2-1 thaanae.. Kobe wont loss again ;)

Shy

Shy
04-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Sathy.. Jason and Kmart back patheengala !!! did watch the 3rd one !!! just because they cant beat Nets in the playoffs, knicks are trying to get a win off the court by filing a protest with NBA, claiming the clock stopped twice in the final 1:50 of their Game 3

I thought Nets-Knicks series will be a good one. But... :oops: Now nets can sweep the series. I haven't seen 3rd one. But read the news on the stop clock malfunction. I donno what good its gonna do by claiming on extra seconds granted to nets. Knicks are unable to digest 0-3 lead by nets. NY fans and media might blame Isiah Thomas for his regular season moves that changed the entire roster that was not productive. Just for a safter side he's trying to blame on the stop clock :wink:
Like nets, spurs can sweep the series from grizzlies. Bucks did a great job beating pistons. Great coaching by Terry. Lets see if Houston has a answer for Lakers tonite. Can't wait for kings-mavs tomorrow :ee:

[shadow=blue:af708d3db2]GO KINGS![/shadow:af708d3db2]

Sathy, Seems Marquis and Mav stomped kings yesterday :ahha: ..... Marquis dropped in 22 points and led the team by eight points after one quarter on their way to a convincing 104-79 home win over the Kings.... Cho sad.. dont worry.. Kings are leading the game now with 2-1 right.. pooga pooga pakalaam :D when compared to Mav, I like kings.. But eppadi irunthaalum kobe kita they will lose athu vera vishyam ;)

Shy

gokulan42
04-25-2004, 03:32 PM

Shy

Houston, 56 percent from 3-point range :( :( ...... Steve game-high 27 points and Yao, 18 points and 10 rebounds.. Nalla velai triple double ellai... Anyway 2-1 thaanae.. Kobe wont loss again ;)

Shy

Shy, today he will win :)

Shy
04-26-2004, 03:08 AM

Shy

Shy

Shy, today he will win :)

:yes: Yes gokul :ee: he won !!!

Shy

Shy
04-26-2004, 03:16 AM
:dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap: :dance: :baby: :clap:

Me so happy, Nets clean sweep !!!

Waiting for bucks or pistons ;)

Kmart, kidd :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03:

Sivam hope its bucks :D

Shy

sathy
04-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Sathy, Seems Marquis and Mav stomped kings yesterday :ahha: ..... Marquis dropped in 22 points and led the team by eight points after one quarter on their way to a convincing 104-79 home win over the Kings.... Cho sad.. dont worry.. Kings are leading the game now with 2-1 right.. pooga pooga pakalaam :D when compared to Mav, I like kings.. But eppadi irunthaalum kobe kita they will lose athu vera vishyam ;)
Shy

Kings are haunted by the injuries now. Miller playing with sore right elbow, Bibby injured his hip during practice and listed day-to-day, Bobby Jackson out for the playoff, Webber still limping once in a while. As a result, lack of depth which they used to have. Sad to see a 25 point loss to Mavs :( They will bounce back tonite :P Kobe kita lose pananum na LA should make to the 3rd round (Western conf. finals). Parkalam if they can beat Spurs :ahha: Coming to second round the opponets of Pacers, Nets and Spurs might have tough first game 'cause of their resting days.
Tonites winner Kings and Pistons :wink:

[shadow=blue:c50affbc1e]GO KINGS![/shadow:c50affbc1e]

Shy
04-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Kobe kita lose pananum na LA should make to the 3rd round (Western conf. finals). Parkalam if they can beat Spurs :ahha:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pakalaam.. Kobe pathi sariyaa theriyalai ungalukku ..aama solitaen

Shy

vasan
04-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Kobe has another monster game (well, not really a monster game according to his standards!) wit 30+ points and 10 Assists (dude.. thats not rebounds, thats assists!!), and despite Shaq's below par game, Lakers coast to the second Round... Lets deal with the other team from Texas with similar ease and nonchalance.. :D :D

Here is the results of First Round of NBA Playoffs.... (partial as some of the series is still going on.. :D )

Eastern Conference

1) Pacers win the Series against Celtics (4:0)
2) Nets win the series against Knicks (4:0)
3) Pistons lead the Bucks (3:1), Fifth Game Tonight at Detroit
4) Heats and Hornets are even (2:2) Fifth Game on Friday at Miami

Western Conference

1) Spurs win the series against Grizzlies (4:0)
2) Lakers win the series against Rockets (4:1)
3) Kings lead Mavs (3:1) Fifth game tonight at Sacramento
4) TWolves lead Nuggets (3:1) Fifth game on Friday at Minny..

2nd Round Matchups:

Western Conference Semifinals -1

San Antonio Spurs take on the Lakers - First Game on Sunday at San Antonio

GO LAKERS !!

anainar
04-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Hmm!! After much hesitation I did watch the Lakers-Rockets match yesterday and and was astonished by the dexterity shown by Kobe beating every defender with deft movements. It was a not contest in the end.

May be I will start following NBA to know about the conferences and playoffs. :D :D

Cheers

Shy
04-30-2004, 04:29 PM
:oops: Acho Sivam and Gokul ... Bucks Eliminated by Pistons :oops:
Redd got 22 points, but still they were outscored by 16 and lost 91-77 to Detroit !!!

Now semifinals....

Nets vs Pistons

Mon 03 New Jersey @ Detroit
Fri 07 New Jersey @ Detroit

Shy

sathy
04-30-2004, 04:47 PM
:D Kings advanced to second round. Waiting for Minnesota! Game 5 was fun watching. Most of the first half, Mavs were leading. Later in the 4th kings had their biggest lead of the night. 3 games out of the 5 game series were decided by 1 or 2 points. Dallas unable to hit shots at clutch time. Ironically, Peja was the defender who shutdown the shooter in all the 3 games. :yes:

Sunday Lakers@Spurs at 3.30pm EST in ABC. Lets see how this one ends... Go Spurs! :wink:

[shadow=blue:e5a24cd3b0]GO KINGS![/shadow:e5a24cd3b0]

vasan
04-30-2004, 05:24 PM
:snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Way too much bad luck for Mavs. It was one miserable loss - indeed, three miserable losses in the whole series. Guess its time for Nellie to go... :( Did any one see the game.. the number of three-sec violations and travel.. gosh.. :Ksp:

Its Revenge Time in Laker Country. Show them the door Shaq. Shut them up. Time to go from 30pts to 40 pts Kobe. Mailman and Glove... This is what you came for - this is what you waited all year (heck, your whole career long.. ) Burn them up, fellas.....

Let the TRUTH be TOLD :P :P :P :P

Go Lakers !

gokulan42
05-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Prediction:
Lakes vs Wolves in the west...
Pacers & Nets (for Shy) in the east... (Miami will win the 1st round)

Shy
05-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Cho chweet gokul :D

mm.. Tomorrow's the first semifinal round :pray: :pray:

Shy

Shy
05-07-2004, 09:57 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Yaethum paesamataen first round sothapals of the world :sm18: :sm18: :sm18:

Ennaiku enna nadaka poorathu KMART, KIDD and RJ :pray: :pray:

Shy

vasan
05-07-2004, 10:06 PM
aaamam aamam... same case here... :oops: :oops: :oops:

No idea how Payton and George are letting these guys score so many.. eeek... Two down and don't know if they can master their quarrels and show up... Come on Kobe... where are the shots...

Can you believe that for the first three quarters LA went to the line only 8 times... What were they thinking.. And if they can shut SA down to 12 pts in the third, what the heck were they doing in the first...

Four future hall of famers indeed... :evil: Granted Spurs are playing reasonably ok, infront of their home crows, but this is NOT excusable.. No way.. Not if we want another ring.. No offence to the east coasters.. but these kinda games won't help even against the Heat...

Sunken in deep frustration... v-

vasan
05-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Terribly sorry, Shy..

It looks like we won't meet in the finals.. :( :(

Detroit once again swamped the Nets in the second half.. and now Nets are 0:2 and with out home court advantage..

Darn.. darn..

Shy
05-08-2004, 04:24 AM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

First half with more than 10 points lead :cry: :cry: sothapala aadinaa :evil: :evil:

But 2 down thaanae, heat win panalai orleans'sa.. So pakalaam !!! home court advantage irukae !!

Shy

vasan
05-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Teacher,

Home court advantage for the Series is with the Pistons. They won two games and Nets gotta find a way to score - and try all their fast breaks and pick and rolls. Nothing is lost, yet, but Nets will have to win at least one game in Detroit.... Don't loose heart yet..

Lakers - finally.... Not a moment too soon. Kobe and Shaq did admirably in the first half - so well that Phil took them out for most portions of the game. Great team play - near perfect execution. They limited Duncan to 8 and Parker to 4.. How about that.. :yes: Now... if only they can maintain the momentum for 3 more games and especially the one on the Road as well... Common guys... Take it to the NEXT level...

Meanwhile, Kings are sitting pretty having taken one game from the Wolves. Lets see how TWolves do at Sacramento....

Vasan

Shy
05-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Teacher,

Home court advantage for the Series is with the Pistons. They won two games and Nets gotta find a way to score - and try all their fast breaks and pick and rolls. Nothing is lost, yet, but Nets will have to win at least one game in Detroit.... Don't loose heart yet..

Lakers - finally.... Not a moment too soon. Kobe and Shaq did admirably in the first half - so well that Phil took them out for most portions of the game. Great team play - near perfect execution. They limited Duncan to 8 and Parker to 4.. How about that.. :yes: Now... if only they can maintain the momentum for 3 more games and especially the one on the Road as well... Common guys... Take it to the NEXT level...

Meanwhile, Kings are sitting pretty having taken one game from the Wolves. Lets see how TWolves do at Sacramento....

Vasan

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Wow, Pistons made us score Franchise low in their home court
Tit for Tat, Yesterday's game was their franchise low :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kalakal game. RJ 30 points, shuper !!!

But still its a rough road ahead pakalaam ..:oops: :oops

:yes: good vasan.. LA seems to back in the game.. Will wait and see :) More than for the team, this win is essential for Kobe ;)

Shy

chitracheenu
05-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Christie's big mistake.. Kings thothutaangaley!!!.. Avan mattum shoot pannirundha!! Game engayo poirukkum.. Kings were lagging behind by 10 points and they played so well that they lead the team by 10 points.. When Christie got a chance to lead Kings by 2 points at the end was a big turning point for Timberwolves to win the game.

Let's hope for the next game.. Alteast Kings should win.

sathy
05-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Kings blew a ten point lead in the 4th quarter of their 2nd semi-finals game. Wolves made a 16-1 run, even then Kings had a chance from Christie's free throw. But :Ksp: Anyways Kings stole 1 game from Wolves and now they have to win both at home. Anywhere else, Lakers did a great job stopping Duncan and Parker. Lets see if they can do the same in the remaining games. Nets too came alive with a bang. Still a long way to go. 3 to grab for a series win.

Wolves@Kings live at TNT, 10.30pm ET

[shadow=blue:7339c50a7d]GO KINGS![/shadow:7339c50a7d]

vasan
05-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Yeah.. Inspite of lot of inspired shooting from Peja (and till he was fouled out, Bibby too), Kings lost an important game. How important is anyone's guess as 'Home Court Advantage HCA' seems like a misnomer for Wolves and Kings.

Else where, HCA rules. Teams that fared terribly on the Road, won their first games at home. All the three teams that trailed 0:2 (Lakers, Heat and Nets) have taken the first home game with rather great style.. :b: Now, if only Nets and Lakers can take two on a row at home to even the series... Kobe is flying back from Colorado, after pleading NOT GUILTY.... Like every other time he flew in, hopefully he goes for 30+ and a double double... :pray:

All in all, it should be one scintillating game to watch...

Go Kobe! Go Lakers!!

Go Kid! Go Nets!! (Helping SuMO Shy, here.. :P )

Vasan

gokulan42
05-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Lakers to win it allllll..... Crazy guys!!!

Shy
05-15-2004, 02:21 AM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

2.0 seconds irunthu leading was too happy overtimela irukku :( pakalaam.. keeping finger crossed !!!

Shy

vasan
05-15-2004, 02:31 AM
05/14/2004

Nets and Pistons.. Wooff... its going to double overtime... :00:

Seems like a hard hard game too.. Too many fouls...

Among the pistons... :
Ben Wallace and Hamilton are cooling heels...
Sheed and Tayshaun are with 5 PFs

Among Nets
KMart, Collins and Williams are out..
Jefferson and Rogers are with 5...

What is going on.. too physical, huh? A combined total of more than 70 fouls.. !!!!

Gosh... Hope Nets take it the next level. I would love to see them lose against Lakers.. :sm12: :sm12: (shy adikka varaaathathukku munna odi poyidanum... :P )

v-

Shy
05-15-2004, 03:03 AM
3rd overtime first time after 1993 :oops: :oops:

Acho sema tension

Shy

Shy
05-15-2004, 03:14 AM
1.4 second 7 point lead :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Shy

Teena
05-15-2004, 03:15 AM
Wow!!!!Nice game......NJ Nets won

Shy
05-15-2004, 03:15 AM
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Best game for ages !!!!

We won we won we won !!!

Shy

Teena
05-15-2004, 03:24 AM
Real exciting game between Pistons and Nets......I thought Nets have more depth....plus Wallace was playing injured!!

I think Indiana Pacers will face the Lakers in the finals....Pacers will give a more tougher fight to the west teams compared to others...but hey....they gottu beat the Heat first!! :ahha:

vasan
05-15-2004, 03:24 AM
Tough tough game and Nets came through.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This play off season is amazing.. first time ever all the semis are 2-2... yesterdays drama at Spurs (their first ever play off loss at home in their new place.. !!), Duncan shooting that fadeway jump, and DFish nailing it home... and today, holy fiddlesticks.. three OTs... !!!

hmm.. Gosh.. I can't wait see how its shaping up...

Now Nets are 3-2 with home court for the 6th
Minny and Kings are battling it out even as I type.
Lakers are leading 3-2, and take on the spurs tomorrow at home... (go for the killl guys. End the SPURS... !!)

Revenge time in Laker Land.. La la laa.... Spurs are gonna come up with everything they've got and it is the time Glove and Mailman have been waiting for.. Make or break... Go!! Go Lakers !! Go Kobe!! Common Shaq, show them who is THE DOMINANT player !!!
Common Gary and Karl... Show them how to PLAY !!!

Go LAKERS!!!!

gokulan42
05-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Spurs cannot recover from that 'cruel' loss ;) Go Kobe :)

vasan
05-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Yo... Just a quick update...

Lakers took care of Spurs in the sixth game.. Revenge is such a sweet feeling.. :P :P Now LA awaits the winner of the other series in the west between TWolves and Kings.. (the last game is going on even as we speak...)

Finally Pacers found some strength to beat Miami at home and have won the series. Pistons also await the winner from East games Nets with Pistons, which has gone to 7 Game series...

Today's Wolves and Kings game is highly important and probably worth watching.... Sathy would want Kings... But I think Wolves may finally go to the conf finals... Playing at home, and completely charged atmosphere... I think they have a slight advantage..

Unless Peja and Bibby got hot...

Lets see...

:P :P :P

vasan
05-20-2004, 04:22 AM
Christie and Bibby did get hot in the third.. but to their credit, TWolves plodded and got around finally.. Garnett had a monstrous game.. 32 points and 21 rebounds.. :clap:

Pretty tough finish too.. Poor CWebb.. Last min clutch play deserted them yet again...

So its going to be Minny Versus LA... LA will take it in 4:1.. .:P :P :P Even that is because Minny has HCA... :D First Game on Friday... :b:

Enna sollureenga... :wink:

GO LAKERS!!

Vasan

ps: Sorry Sathy.. we won't be rooting for opposing teams.. :) Join the Lakers !!

ps: ps: Last Semi-finals between Pistons and Nets will be tomorrow.. Go Nets!! (Boosting the morale of the team and Shy... :P :P :P Tough game ahead, especially after a loss at home.. ! )

gokulan42
05-20-2004, 04:48 AM
I think its gonna be a sweep or Lakers in 6 games (will finish it in LA).

But, I am sure LA will meet Indy (wud like NEts for Shy) and Kobe will dominate against Artest for the 'drama'.... Count on it ;)

sathy
05-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Pretty tough finish too.. Poor CWebb.. Last min clutch play deserted them yet again...
:oops: :oops: :oops: they did it again. Lot of poor plays. One can't win a game with 31 first half points with Peja ice cold, ofcourse in the entire series and very limited bench rotation. KG and co deserves to go to finals. But they are no match for Lakers. Anyone there to stop Shaq in the paint? Nope. KG can't guard him, he's too big. KG's rebound will drastically come down with big guy's dominance. How about Kobe? who can go against his athletic ability? Sprewell might try, but I don't think he can do better job as he did with Peja. Moreover Cassell is limping and struggling a lot.
Vasan, as you said LA are the favourites with 4:1. I'll go with LA even thou' I'm a kings fan :wink: You see I don't like LA b'cause of Shaq but Kobe one of my big time fav. I always applaude him :ee:
How about the east? Can nets do it again at road? Shy, for a change I'll route for nets tonite :wink:

Go Nets! Go Lakers! :D

Shy
05-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Sathy, cha last seconds, I thought wow, just 2 points difference, evalo 3 point shooters iruakaanga, they will sure win or atleast overtime varumnu nenaichaen.. i guess weber missed the most critical shot :(

Great, Netskku support panreenga shuper !!!!

Important game tonight :oops: I think kidd should make it as his game !!!

Shy

vasan
05-21-2004, 02:46 AM
Pistons roll over Nets.. !!

In the final game, which was supposed to be hard fought game, Nets folded over rather lamely. Pistons bullied them from the very start and kinda sealed their fate at the 3rd quarter.

People said it would be a game between Richard (Jefferson) and Richard (Hamilton). While both the Richards did well, Hamilton's team members helped out big time...

I know Kidd was not well - limping up. But that does not really explain his 0-5-7 game.. :Ksp: Limiting Kidd to 0 points and Collins to 2 points and then limiting their combined assists to under 10, completely spoiled Nets offence.

Time for Nets to consider their offensive line up: Is Jason Kidd still should be the focus? Was firing Byron Scott messed up their rhythm? Can they recover? Well... Now that the season is over, I guess they will have time enough to think about all these questions...

Congratulations to Pistons !!

Vasan

vasan
05-21-2004, 02:48 AM
NEXT AHEAD:

LA Lakers at Minnesota TWolves (on TNT)

Friday 9.00 ET
Sunday 8.30 ET

Lakers Host TWolves

Tuesday 9.00 ET
Thursday 9.00 ET

GO LAKERS!! STEAL THEM FROM THE KID !! WRAP IT UP BY THURSDAY !!! :P :P :P :P

Shy
05-21-2004, 01:21 PM
:oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops:

Worst play of year!!! I dont want to think abt it.

Kidd was just a broken shell with no scores in the biggest game of the season. Their entire half court play is something like a punch line, its just that small execution. Ben wallace was the best i guess, kalakeetaan.. enna thaan home team lose panaalum, that guy's play was really superb. Got to appreciate the talent, that too coming from a farmers family of 11, ben did a great job !!!

Nets nala velai didnt make another history of franchise low score yesterday, antha embarassment minchinathu :(

Collins ellam oru center mathiriyaa aadinaam, eppo paaru foul...

The Pistons scored 14 of the 1st 16 points of the 2nd half. Nets didn't score their first basket until the 5:38 mark of the 3rd quarter :00: .. but at this point, the game was over except for the final score :cry: :cry: :cry: I hate all those guys now :evil: :evil: :evil: ORu fight kuuda tharalai!!!

Kidd the beast usually unleashed, looked as mortal as he ever had in Nets uniform. :(
Never had he failed to score in a postseason game. he made a record yesterday :cry: :cry:

Anyway, I love basketball, I still have my other eye holding good.. Kobe kai vituraathae da!!!
IT seems they might miss him for the first day !!, but not confirmed, lets wait and see

Shy

vasan
05-22-2004, 12:08 AM
An interesting article from ESPN...

Greatest Conference Finals
By Jeff Merron
Page 2 - ESPN

When talk turns to NBA playoff history, we tend to relive the great moments, the buzzer-beaters, the unforgettable games, and the best battles in the Finals. But there have been some incredibly great (and tough) conference finals series. Our top 10:

10. Underdog Spurs push Bullets to the limit
Eastern Conference, 1979

The Bullets became the third team in NBA history to recover from a 3-1 series deficit when Bob Dandridge hit a 15-foot jumper with eight seconds left in Game 7 for a 107-105 win. The Bullets had trailed by 10 points earlier in the fourth quarter against San Antonio, led by George Gervin. In the final possession, Elvin Hayes blocked James Silas' short jumper that, if it had fallen, would have sent the game into OT. The Bullets' three straight wins came by a combined victory margin of just 14 points.

9. Shaq leads Magic over Miller's Pacers
Eastern Conference, 1995

Indiana and Orlando's Game 4 was one of the greatest playoff duels ever, with Rik Smits' buzzer-beater capping an awesome last 13.3 seconds (a Shaw-Miller-Hardaway 3-3-3 exchange preceded the final bucket), to knot the series at 2-2. The Magic also won a pair of tight games to pull out to a 2-0 series lead, lost a Game 3, hung on to win Game 5 108-106 despite a ferocious fourth-quarter Pacers comeback, and finally reached the Finals with a 105-81 blowout at the home O-Rena, with Shaq scoring 25 and Reggie Miller, the hero of Game 6, managing only 12 points.

8. Knicks upset Celtics
Eastern Conference, 1973

Two of the greatest teams in NBA history squared off in a seven-game battle that saw the Celtics, playing with a hobbled John Havlicek, battling back from a 3-1 deficit to force a seventh game in Boston Garden. Among the series highlights: the Knicks dealing the Celtics their worst playoff defeat ever in Game 2, a 129-96 drubbing in New York; the Knicks wiping out a 16-point fourth quarter lead in Game 4 to win in double overtime; Dave Cowens playing like the MVP he was to lead the Celtics in Game 5 (98-97) and Game 6 (a 110-100 win that included 15 ties before Boston pulled away late); and finally, the Knicks sending the Celtics to the first Game 7 defeat in franchise history, and doing it at Boston Garden.

Just to remind you, the lineups for these two teams:

Celtics: Dave Cowens, John Havlicek, JoJo White, Paul Silas, and John Chaney.
Knicks: Clyde and Earl, Dave Debusschere, Bill Bradley, Willis Reed, Jerry Lukas, Phil Jackson and Dean Meminger.

7. Ewing's Knicks grind past Pacers
Eastern Conference, 1994

This wasn't a pretty series, and not a single game ended in OT or with a razor's-edge margin, but it was a classic battle. The Knicks beat the Pacers soundly in the first two games at Madison Square Garden, but lost the next three -- two in Indiana and Game 5 back in New York (Reggie Miller scored 25 in the fourth quarter to blitz the Knicks) -- and fall into a 3-2 hole. But they managed to force Game 7, and there was no denying Patrick Ewing on his home court. He finished the final game with 24 points, 22 rebounds, seven assists, and five blocked shots to lead the Knicks to a 94-90 win.

The Pacers took a 90-89 lead on a Dale Davis layup with 34 seconds left, but Ewing responded by slamming in an offensive rebound on a John Starks miss to put the Knicks up by one with 27 seconds left. The Pacers played the clock but Miller hit nothing but air with 4 seconds left. On the Knicks possession, Miller fouled Starks, but was called for a flagrant that shouldn't have been, and that sealed the win for the Knicks.

Miller protested, but Pacers coach Larry Brown was gracious in defeat. "I don't think it was a flagrant foul," Brown said. "But to me, what this game was about was Patrick Ewing. He played like the wonderful player he is. He deserved it. Give him all the credit."

6. Earl the Pearl leads Bullets over Knicks
Eastern Conference, 1971

The defending champion Knicks finished the regular season with the best record in the East and the second-best record in the NBA, and were favored to face Lew Alcindor's Bucks in the Finals.

But it wasn't to be. The Bullets lost the first two at Madison Square Garden, then stormed back to crush the Knicks in Baltimore twice to even the series. New York took Game 5 at home, then were pummeled by the Bullets again in Baltimore. Game 7 was a nailbiter, but the Bullets, led by Earl Monroe (26 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds) and Wes Unseld (20 rebounds), held on for a 93-91 win as Unseld deflected Bill Bradley's last-second jumper.

vasan
05-22-2004, 12:19 AM
5. Slugout in the sauna: Bird leads Celtics over Pistons
Eastern Conference, 1987

The seventh game of this series was a classic in the ultra-hot Boston Garden, a tight 117-114 win that wasn't over until it was & well, over. And even then, the Celtics had to recover from what had been one of the most physical playoff series of all time. It included a Bird-Bill Laimbeer brawl in Game 3, a Robert Parish three-punch rebuttal in Game 5 (no call, but a fine and one-game suspension from the league), a brilliant Bird steal/pass (Boston Herald: "STEAL OF THE CENTURY") to Dennis Johnson underneath with one second left to give Boston a one-point win to go ahead 3-2 in the series, a tough win by Detroit to send the series to Game 7; and an incredible 1:05, six-shot Celtics sequence capped by a Danny Ainge 3-pointer with 3:06 left in the fourth quarter that put Boston ahead, uncomfortably, but for good. Game temperature inside Boston Garden for the finale: 88 degrees.

4. Miller and Bird push the Bulls to the brink
Eastern Conference, 1998

During their 1990s dynasty, few teams challenged the Bulls enough to take them to a seventh game. But the Pacers, led by Reggie Miller and coached by Larry Bird, almost -- but not quite -- ended Chicago's chance at a second three-peat.

The Bulls won the first two games at the United Center, but then the series shifted to Market Square, and it was Miller time. Reggie was spectacular in the final minutes of Game 3, scoring 13 points (including three 3-pointers) in the final four minutes to lead Indiana to a 107-105 win. In Game 4, Miller did it again, hitting a game-winning 3 with 0.7 left to even the series at 2-2. The Bulls blew out the Pacers in Game 5, but Indiana even the series at 3 when Jordan fell and lost the ball before he was able to get off a last-second shot that could have tied the game.

MJ guaranteed a win in Game 7, but things didn't look good for Chicago as Indiana raced off to a 20-7 lead and was still ahead 79-77 with less than six minutes left. But the Bulls finally took the lead for good when Jordan sunk two free throws and Scottie Pippen followed with an 18-foot jumper. Final score: 88-83.

3. "It was not their time" -- The Shaq pack wins the West in Sacramento
Western Conference, 2002

What a series. The Lakers were trying to three-peat, but it looked like Vlade Divac, Chris Webber, and Mike Bibby just might lead the Kings past their rivals with the advantage of playing Game 7 at home.

The series had lots of turning points, but the most dramatic, before the last game, was Robert Horry's game-winning 3-pointer from the top of the key with six-tenths of a second left in Game 4. In Game 7, Bibby was brilliant, scoring 29 points, including a pair of free throws with 8 seconds left in regulation to tie the game.

But the Lakers had been down by as many as nine points in the second half and not only forced the only seventh-game OT in conference finals history, but utterly dominated the extra period, scoring the last eight points for a 112-106 win. "They felt it was their time," O'Neal said when it was all over. "It was not their time."

2. Lakers blaze Blazers in ultimate comeback
Western Conference, 2000

There weren't a lot of close games in this series -- the tightest finish came in the Lakers' 93-91 Game 3 victory -- but what a ride, what a battle, what a slugfest, what a wrestling match. The Blazers, facing elimination in Games 5 and 6, won both, and went into the rubber game in L.A. with two straight Staples Center wins under their belts, an amazing accomplishment considering Shaq, Kobe, Phil & Co. were virtually unbeatable on their home turf.

But still, the Lakers were happy to be at home for Game 7. Maybe they shouldn't have been. The Blazers shut down the Lakers for the first 38 minutes, and held a 75-60 lead with 10:28 remaining. But that was it for Portland. Their next 10 FG attempts were thwarted, and the Lakers went on a 15-0 run and outscored the Blazers 25-4 to stage the greatest fourth-quarter Game 7 comeback in playoff history.

The capper came when Bryant drove and threw one up high, in just the perfect spot for an awesome Shaq slam that put the Lakers ahead 85-79. The final score was 89-84.

Phil Jackson's game summary was also classic. "Game 7s are interesting games, aren't they?" he said. "I've never seen one quite like that before."

1. Bird and Boston edge Philadelphia
Eastern Conference, 1981

The Celtics became only the fourth team in NBA history to come back from a 3-1 deficit to win a seven-game series, and they did it in the most dramatic fashion. The 76ers had a chance to wrap up the series in Game 5, but they blew a four-point lead with less than a minute to play as the Celtics pulled it out, 111-109. More swarming Celtics D shut down Dr. J and erased 76ers leads of 17 points in Game 6 and 11 points in Game 7.

In the series finale, Bird's bank shot with 1:03 remaining gave the Celtics a 91-89 lead. Maurice Cheeks had a chance to tie the game at 91 with 29 seconds left, but missed the first of two free throws to give the Celtics the game and series victory.

Final scores: Philly 105, Boston 104; Boston 118, Philly 99; Philly 110, Boston 100; Philly 107, Boston 105; Boston 111, Philly 109; Boston 100, Philly 98; Boston 91, Philly 90.

"The last few minutes of the last three games are worth getting films of, running clinics on, putting in the Hall of Fame," said Chris Ford. "You can't play better team defense."

----------------------------------------------------------

This guy is featured in three of these all time great series games. Each time his team won!

Ladies and Gentlemen, say hello to The Big Aristotle

- Shaquille O'Neal -

The most dominant center ever !

http://espn.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/shaq_blazers2000.jpg

vasan
05-28-2004, 04:43 AM
Bryant, Shaq combine for 50 points

LAKERS at the Verge of Finals..

http://www.geetham.net/photoshow/logo.php?picturename=albums/userpics/10089/kobe.jpg

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kobe Bryant spent one more day in a Colorado courtroom -- and one more night at the peak of his game. After returning to Los Angeles less than two hours before tipoff, Bryant scored 31 points and led the Lakers to a 92-85 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals Thursday night.

Shaquille O'Neal added 19 points and 19 rebounds for the Lakers, who took a 3-1 series lead and moved to the brink of their fourth trip to the NBA Finals in five seasons. For the third and final time in the postseason, Bryant returned from a hearing in his upcoming sexual assault trial in time to propel the Lakers to a victory with a spectacular performance. He poured in 18 points in the third quarter as Los Angeles took a 15-point lead, hitting open jumpers and difficult layups with equal aplomb.

His previous two playoff games under the same conditions were similarly outstanding: Bryant scored 31 points against the Houston Rockets in the first round, and 42 points against San Antonio in the second round. Kevin Garnett had 28 points, 13 rebounds and nine assists while desperately trying to keep the Timberwolves close in what he dubbed a must-win game.

But the grim-faced league MVP was no match for the freewheeling Lakers' most thrilling performance of the series. With everything from Kobe's unbelievable finishes to Shaq's basket-rocking dunks, Los Angeles finally returned to its Showtime roots.

GO LAKERS>>>> BRING HOME THE RING>>>> :clap:

vasan
06-02-2004, 04:10 AM
Kareem and Lakers Rush to Finals !

The star studded Lakers are the 2004 Western conference Champions and will be up for yet another NBA title - the fourth in 5 years.

This was why Karl Malone and Gary Payton signed on: The chance to play for a championship with the two guys who know all about it. Shaquille O'Neal had 25 points and 11 rebounds, and Kobe Bryant scored 20 points in a 96-90 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals Monday night. ``This is the reason I came over here,'' said Malone, who will play for his first title in his 19th season. ``I love being a part of this team. We've had a lot of struggles, but that's part of the reason you play. You've got to have a struggle to get to where you want to go.''

Kareem Rush came from nowhere to hit six 3-pointers for the Lakers, who rallied in the fourth quarter for a win befitting their tumultuous season. They overcame Kevin Garnett, their constant bickering with the referees and O'Neal's horrific 7-for-20 free throw shooting to win the best-of-seven series. Their fourth trip to the championship round in five seasons will begin Sunday. Detroit, leading the Eastern Conference finals 3-2, will visit Los Angeles if the Pistons finish off the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday night.

Another NBA Title would put Coach Jackson at very top of not just NBA - but every other professional games too.. He will have a record 10 Championships under him. Karl Malone and Gary Payton - the future hall of famers will have finally earned their rings. !!

GO Lakers !!

vasan
06-02-2004, 04:13 AM
Pistons out-pace Pacers to Win the Eastern Conference Championship..

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- When a bad game turned ugly, Richard Hamilton was infuriated enough to make the shot of the night. In one of the lowest-scoring games in NBA playoff history, Hamilton hit a clutch running jumper from the left baseline shortly after being flagrantly fouled by Ron Artest. The shot gave the Pistons a late four-point lead, and Detroit went on to defeat the Indiana Pacers 69-65 Tuesday night and advance to the NBA Finals.

A thing of beauty Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals wasn't, even to Pistons fans who booed in the first half but were on their feet by the end. And it certainly couldn't have thrown anything resembling a scare into the Los Angeles Lakers, who will be the host for Game 1 of the finals on Sunday night.

``I don't know how people around the country viewed the game, but as a coach who respects hard play and effort, I was glad to be a part of this,'' said Pistons coach Larry Brown, who will return to the finals for the first time since 2001 when he coached Philadelphia. This will be the Pistons' first trip to the finals since 1990 when the team nicknamed ``Bad Boys'' for their physical style of play won their second consecutive title.

It's 14 years later, and the Pistons will enter the championship round with a team that plays superb defense. Their offense, however, brings a different connotation to the ``Bad Boys'' moniker. The teams combined for just 60 first-half points, breaking the NBA playoff record of 62 set by the Pistons and New Jersey Nets during the second round, and finished with a combined total of 134 -- just four more than the record-low.

Courtesy: AP via Yahoo..

Shy
06-02-2004, 01:54 PM
LA Vs Pistons will be great !!!

I want to see how ben is defending Shaq ;)

Shy

vasan
06-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Teacher...

One on one... with Ben and Shaq? hmm.. Larry Brown is going to dump a lot more on Shaq... :D

I am even more excited about Rip and Kobe... Rip has been making some really cool plays... We will see...

4-1 Lakers? :P :P :P

vasan

Shy
06-02-2004, 06:28 PM
4-1? I am expecting 4-2 or 4-0 :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Shy

gokulan42
06-03-2004, 02:17 AM
4-2 to end it in lala land :)

vasan
06-03-2004, 02:24 AM
Oi... Makkale.. If it has to end in Lala Land.. it should end in 4-1. Remember, the Lakers have the Home Court Advantage... (yeah, finally!!)

Thats why I said 4-1.. (being generous to give 1 for the Motown Boys at home.. :P though, the way they played Pacers at Home, I have to rethink it.. :wink: )

Vasan

gokulan42
06-03-2004, 02:35 AM
Vasan, nba finals format is different than these conference series. b the format is 2-3-2. First & the last two are in la.

vasan
06-03-2004, 02:52 AM
rrr... Yes.. Sorry Goks.. You are right.. :(

What was I thinking.. :doh:

Vasan

gokulan42
06-03-2004, 05:15 AM
dont worry... we all do that :)

yaanaikkum adi sarukkum, right?

Shy
06-09-2004, 02:25 PM
[scroll:ca9b8640c2]Wow, Kobe the man[/scroll:ca9b8640c2]

Yesterdays game can saw its just kobe, kobe and kobe !!! OF course the rookie, luke did great and gave lakers the adernaline they needed the most :).. amazing game.Kobe rises up to shoot with the game on the line, Hamilton staring him right in the eye. I think hes just dumbfounded :sm12: :sm12: But their coach larry says they believe in defense than fouling players. Hamilton could have fouled kobe, but ..... Afterward, kobe called it the biggest shot of his career.Biggest shot of his professional career. ITs seems this is the best shot after his high school !!!

Wow, great game !!!

:dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

Shy

venky1974
06-09-2004, 04:53 PM
I am new to Baskeball and I really enjoyed the 1st and the 2 nd game.

Kobe with 3 poiter with 2 sec left was amazing..

Also I did not understand the strategy of keeping Luke sitting in the bench after the 2nd Qtr.. I though that he should have been playing. I enjoyed watching Fisher's Defence.

What will happen if O'neil fals flat on the face of the guy wit the mask.. darn what's his name??

More as we go to Detroit.

Go Lakes Go...

venky1974
06-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Are the Lakers playing like the Indian cricket Team :think: :think:

One day there is no match to them the next day they put no fight at all??

I still hope they win the NBA

anainar
06-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Nope Venky. Pistons defence yesterday was awesome sinking the Lakers boat. The difference in scores is huge and they stifled all the stars of Lakers. If the Pistons keep up the defence they will win the Championship. I am rooting for Pistons. I watched the previous two games and got addicted to basketball now.

Cheers

Go Pistons Go
Ram the Lakers more

Shy
06-11-2004, 03:46 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anainar... Enna underdogkku supporta ;) My husband too does that.. Always routing for the less fame and seems to be the weaker team !!!

but naan always kobe thaan :ee:

Hamilton scored 31 points,Billups had 19 points!! These guys held the Lakers to their lowest point total in franchise's celebrated playoff history :(.

But anyway, home court advantageum irukku.. lets wait for the next one !! kobe will become a beast again :ee:

Shy

sri_gan
06-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Go Pistons!! Go Pistons!! Go Pistons!! Go Pistons!! Go Pistons!! Go Pistons!!

vasan
06-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Its not unexplainable. Karl who is their third scoring option, and creates the space for Kobe was hopping around for only 18 mins and sat out... Put four people on a guy, at a time when his teammates are not scoring whats any one supposed to do.. ?? :Ksp:

The cup is Lakers - unless they decide to give it away. Which isn't happening.. :b:

Go Lakers! Go Kobe !! Go Shaq !!!

I am as unperturbed as the Zen Master himself.. :P

Vasan

sathy
06-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Pistons crushed Lakers. End of Lakers dynasty??? Are Lakers done??? :think:
Its supposed to be a 3-0 but Lakers barely pulled game 2 by Kobe's heroics. Lakers setting their own records 75pts, 68pts. Hope they won't beat their own record anymore! :lol: :lol: One more loss, Lakers ain't gonna bounce bak. Game one... Role players had no role! Game two... its Kobe and supporting cast by Luke and ofcourse, Shaq. Game three... No comments! :ee: I wonder if Payton and Malone really joined Lakers for a championship ring. Malone have excuse with injuries. Payton.... might have lost his glove :ahha: Altogether, Lakers starters looking too old for Pistons defense (exception Kobe)
No offense guys. Even though I like Kobe, my support is for Pistons :D
GO PISTONS! :yes:

Shy
06-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Not everyone will play prefect always.. Even pistons had their franchise low when they played with nets. so lets not decide :evil: wit just this game!!

LEts wait for the next game !!!

Shy

anainar
06-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Next two games are also at their home turf Shy madame. If they win both, it will be a 4-1 verdict in favour of Pistons. Lakers are going down. Lakers are going down.

Ben Wallace and Prince effectivley subdues the stars Kobey and O'Neal. If they keep the same tactics, that will shatter Lakers hope of the championship.

Cheers

Shy
06-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Anainar.. yes I agree next 2 are home games !!! But kobe and shaq arent some rookie like prince ;)

Wait for the next game !!!

Shy

sathy
06-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Not everyone will play prefect always..
Its no regular season game for an excuse. Finals! got to play as if there is no tomorrow :ahha:

Even pistons had their franchise low when they played with nets. so lets not decide :evil: wit just this game!!
Even nets had their frachise low. Does it means Lakers gonna lose :think: Yes they are :lol:

LEts wait for the next game !!!
Sure... GO PISTONS :wink:

sri_gan
06-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Anainar.. yes I agree next 2 are home games !!! But kobe and shaq arent some rookie like prince ;)

Shy

Yakkkkooooi... Pistons Crushed Lakers :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Shy
06-14-2004, 06:28 PM

Shy

Yakkkkooooi... Pistons Crushed Lakers :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

romba thaan,. crushed is during game 3, with a point difference of around 15-20.. this time the difference was I guess 10 or 8.. So it not necessarily mean , pistons crushed lakers thsi time :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shy

anainar
06-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Shy,

Third game is 20 point difference and this game is 8 point difference. Again the stars Kobe and O Neal were subdued by the daughty defence of Pistons. O'Neal was very unruly in the court. He pushed a hapless Pistons defender across the court. They paid the penalty for comitting a lot of fouls.

Histroy is in Piston's side. No team so far has lost the championship after taking a lead of 3-1. So, it is goodbye for Lakers. Lakers were crushed again.

Go Pistons Go, ram the Lakers more.

Cheers

Shy
06-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Shy,

Third game is 20 point difference and this game is 8 point difference. Again the stars Kobe and O Neal were subdued by the daughty defence of Pistons. O'Neal was very unruly in the court. He pushed a hapless Pistons defender across the court. They paid the penalty for comitting a lot of fouls.

Histroy is in Piston's side. No team so far has lost the championship after taking a lead of 3-1. So, it is goodbye for Lakers. Lakers were crushed again.

Go Pistons Go, ram the Lakers more.

Cheers

:evil: :evil: historyai naanga mathii yaeluthuvoom aama :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shaq is a beast no one denies it.. If u have te guts defend him, else get fouled ;) thats our concept. U know not just shaq, rasheed too have foul problems yesterday ;) U knwo rasheed is the walking tech foul guy in the NBA :D

Shy

anainar
06-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Where is the othe Lakers fan? Is he going in search of mukkadu? He has to change his signature now.

Drown Lakers Drown.
Fouls make you drown.

To change history is not easy. Next game is also going to be in the Lion's den. So, Lakers will be eaten for breakfast by Pistons.

Cheers

venky1974
06-14-2004, 06:56 PM
I was really disappointed by the way Lakers played in Game 3 & 4.

I am still very hopeful that Lakers will re write history.

Pistons will get some overconfidence in the next game and will lose it to Lakers and Lakers will be at their best as its do or die for them.

Once we see Game 5 safely in lakers hand, they will crush pistons @ home.

enna na sollarathu Vasan & shy ??

Shy
06-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Where is the othe Lakers fan? Is he going in search of mukkadu? He has to change his signature now.

Drown Lakers Drown.
Fouls make you drown.

To change history is not easy. Next game is also going to be in the Lion's den. So, Lakers will be eaten for breakfast by Pistons.

Cheers

:evil: :evil:

Who said u cant change history..

when kobe can create his own history by playing a career high NBA best shot in a game, sure he can change history too :)

Yaarai yaar sapidara pakalaam :evil:

Shy

sri_gan
06-14-2004, 07:02 PM
when kobe can create his own history by playing a career high NBA best shot in a game, sure he can change history too

This is pure crap.... enna Tamil movie la vara hero nu neachutengala :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Stronger team kitta one man game ellam palikathu

Shy
06-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Yes Venky, I guess that will be their startegy for the next game, since its a win or go home game for them !!

Once game 4 is in their hands, LA'la they can easily win over pistons and tie the series :D

Shy

Shy
06-14-2004, 07:12 PM
when kobe can create his own history by playing a career high NBA best shot in a game, sure he can change history too

This is pure crap.... enna Tamil movie la vara hero nu neachutengala :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Stronger team kitta one man game ellam palikathu

Sri.. Do u know kobe can score more than 50 in a game?? It can be a single man leading his team, thats what usually the Fowards are for. For example, if u look at Nets, even though Martin, RJ plays a great deal, it will be KIDD whose leading the team. Also in pistons, even though both wallaces and billups play very nicely... mostly hamilton or billups lead the team.

So kobe can and will sure make a difference in a game his in.

Finally, THUS THIS ISNT CRAP :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shy

sathy
06-14-2004, 07:21 PM
:evil: :evil: historyai naanga mathii yaeluthuvoom aama :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shaq is a beast no one denies it.. If u have te guts defend him, else get fouled ;) thats our concept. U know not just shaq, rasheed too have foul problems yesterday ;) U knwo rasheed is the walking tech foul guy in the NBA :D

Shy

Hey guys :yes: Pistons :D

Kobe shot 8-25 though defense again. All the shots were contested. He hardly had a open look that also made him shoot an air ball. I was watching the late night ESPN after game show. The question was why Kobe took that many bad looking shots when Shaq was at his best with 16-21. Also in final quarter Shaq haven't touched the ball in the first 7.15 minutes. Too many questions??? Ok that game is history. Can they rewrite the history with a 3-1 come bak :think:
Detroit made LA rewrite their history with 68 pts :wink:
Yeah Shaq is a beast 360 lbs and 7-1 who can match him. He should play with someone of his own size... You know his shoe size... its 22 :00: Hez a monster
Rasheed, he was on fire. Slava, thoongara singatha ezhupitan. Hez the one who could guarantee a win :wink:
Is tuesday the final game NBA game of the 2003-2004 season :think:
Detroit can't take the game to LA. They know how important to win the game at home in front of their fans!
GO PISTONS

sri_gan
06-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Detroit can't take the game to LA. They know how important to win the game at home in front of their fans!
GO PISTONS

This is exactly the case... already the tickets for the front is flying high like anything.

vasan
06-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Whew...

Out for few days and people writing off lakers? :Ksp:

Kobe has not had a monstruous game in this whole series - and it is NOTHING to do with the imaginary Piston defence. Sure thing - they are defending well against Slava, Gary, Fish, and George - but not against Kobe and Shaq.

Watch the game well folks, before throwing water bottles on Kobe.

Phil has been moving Kobe to guard Rip and Sheed and making him pass it too often. On top of it, he is through a bad patch right now. All his uncontested jumpers are failing (not defended ones, but the uncontested ones.. ). Any one can have an off-day, and what is surprising is that Kobe having off day for 4 games in a row. Can't believe it.. Never happened before..

One of the reasons is the changes made in triangle offense.. Game has been modified so much, the role players (Shaq and kobe) are supposed to down play it - and unfortunately, that works only when others step in. Others have failed... Thats about it...

When a guy who makes 40 pt games, 30 + 20 rebounds a game for the past 30 or so play off games against all sorts of teams, and when the opposite team guys who have not had a 50% FGA scores at 65 %... you call that situational - but not great basketball... Too much damned luck and too much bad luck...

I will believe it, when they win it - and if they can defend it for one more year... Yeah.. if you still want to argue about it, talk to another great team that plays wonderful defense... Ask Mr. Duncan and company...

Go Lakers.. !!

Vasan

sri_gan
06-14-2004, 07:48 PM
When a guy who makes 40 pt games, 30 + 20 rebounds a game for the past 30 or so play off games against all sorts of teams, and when the opposite team guys who have not had a 50% FGA scores at 65 %... you call that situational - but not great basketball... Too much damned luck and too much bad luck...

When did GEMINI started believing in Lucks? :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

or

You are just using it for the time sake rite ;).

Go Pistons Go!!! Go Pistons Go!!! Go Pistons Go!!! Go Pistons Go!!!

vasan
06-14-2004, 07:52 PM
When did GEMINI started believing in Lucks?

or

You are just using it for the time sake rite .

Luck in the sense of random event, Sri. Its not trusting in good luck charms, but in the knowledge that unforseen things can happen to any one..... including star athletes...

Like I said, I will believe it when I see it..

Vasan

venky1974
06-14-2004, 07:57 PM
"Nivruttha Vanavaasam tham Thvaya saartham Arinthamam Abhishikthamayothyayam Kshibran thrakshyasi raghavam"

source: divyadesamonline

This Mantram is for Lakers. This will bring them victory.

Go Lakers Go : Another Budding Lakers Fan... :dance: :dance:

venky1974
06-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Acho..excitement le repeat post..

sri_gan
06-14-2004, 08:32 PM
"Nivruttha Vanavaasam tham Thvaya saartham Arinthamam Abhishikthamayothyayam Kshibran thrakshyasi raghavam"

source: divyadesamonline

This Mantram is for Lakers. This will bring them victory.

Go Lakers Go : Another Budding Lakers Fan... :dance: :dance:

Venky,

Inna ippadi ellam pannurenga.... Pakalam...Pakalam... Pistons win pannuranga ithu nadakuthu nadakkum.

Avalothan.

Easter side le irrunthindu ippadi ellam pannurele umake nana irruka? :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

anitam
06-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Go pistons Goooooooo...

Waiting for the next game......

yogesh220
06-15-2004, 01:27 PM
oh..basketball nadakkuthaaa? ??

sri_gan
06-16-2004, 03:52 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

PISTONS RULE BECAUSE OF HARDWORK AS A TEAM

GO PISTONS GO!! GO PISTONS GO!! GO PISTONS GO!! GO PISTONS GO!! GO PISTONS GO!!

[scroll:5f52292d10]http://www.geetham.net/photoshow/logo.php?picturename=albums/userpics/12257/pistons.jpg[/scroll:5f52292d10]

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shy
06-16-2004, 03:54 AM
:( Its sad lakers lost :cry: :cry: :cry: Poor kobe :(

But hey got to appreciate pistons for the awesome game :b: They deserved it !!!

Congrats pistons - 2004 NBA champs !!! Ben was great !!! Superb Basketball game today !!!

If only :cry: :cry:

Shy

anainar
06-16-2004, 04:04 AM
Wow!! Great going Pistons!!! They really routed Lakers in this game too. It is not mere damned luck. Like Sri said it is hard work and teamwork.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers

venky1974
06-16-2004, 04:17 AM
I guess my Mantram Back fired..

Piston sure played well

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We'll get you in the next season.. :b:

vasan
06-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Detroit Pistons : 2004 NBA Champions..

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pistons played a long and hard season of great quality basketball the whole play off season. Congratulations to Coach Brown and the entire Pistons team!! Well done... :b:

Lakers woes continue. What would be the outlook come next week? Mitch Kupchak has lot to do... Poor Karl. Poor Gary. It would be sad to see them go into retirement - but hey, they played great basketball this season - all around except the finals. It has been a previlege watching Karl Malone play upclose - adjusting, recovering, motivating.. Truly a great player !! Hope he decides to stick around for another season..

Get well soon, Mr. Malone. Come back up Lakers. The job is not done yet.

Go Lakers !

Vasan

sathy
06-16-2004, 03:53 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance:
Detroit Pistons: 2004 NBA/World Champions :yes: :b:
:dance: :dance: :dance:

It was a great series and great season for the pistons. First title for Larry Brown in his NBA coaching career. Only coach with an NCAA and NBA title under his belt. Richard Hamilton is one among the player with an NCAA and NBA title.

For the entire game Pistons dominated the Lakers and were up by almost 30 points at one time. It was one showdown and they proved detroit is not only a defensive team, can play offense too. Well, hard work never fails! Congratulations team Pistons! Well done!

Next season for Lakers... Will Kobe return? Will Shaq stay? Will Phil, Malone, Gary retire? Will Fisher and Fox opt-out? Yes, watch out for a new Lakers team.

vasan
10-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Okie.. This season is over. The next season, right ahead.. Start a new thread... :P

Vasan