PDA

View Full Version : Unauthorized Download

venky1974
04-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Guys,

Please help me on this.

There has been quite a few posts on the Unauthorized download problem.

When a user clicks on the link once it says " This is an Unauthorized Download. Follow the link from http://www.geetham.net/

We know that it does this when you have your firewall enabled and once that is disabled and the screen refreshed, it will allow you to download from the link.

Now there is another issue.. I have had a member posted in the carnatic section that he does not have a firewall in his computer and does not even have the windows firewall instaleld and still gets the same problem.

Is there a solution to this?? Please help

Thanks,

RaasuKutty
04-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Now there is another issue.. I have had a member posted in the carnatic section that he does not have a firewall in his computer and does not even have the windows firewall instaleld and still gets the same problem.

Is he using XP... If yes... he needs to disable the internal system firewall...

Luv,
...RK

vennai1
04-28-2004, 08:17 PM
anne venkat,

sorry for the late reply... i guess by now you would be cleared on the issue...
still...

basically in our server we have a script running that checks for the
authenticity of the user downloads and allows only if so ! :b:
it is to avoid stealing of links (hotlinking :ahha:)

if the user's system is in a intranet which does not allow referral information,
we cant help much... :?

Bluelotus
04-28-2004, 09:28 PM
what does all this mean in absolute no-jargon language :think:
Cos I get this all the time
must I really disable my firewall?
and I do have XP...but no windows firewall *confused*

dinesh
04-28-2004, 09:50 PM
must I really disable my firewall?

Depends on what sort of firewall you have. If it is the standard XP firewall then there shouldn't be any problems. You should be able to d/l ok. If it is any other software, you should add the geetham name to it so that the referral gets done ok. There should be a post around by madhu_aish1 detailing how to add geetham name to Norton Internet Secutrity, if that's the software you are using. Pls search for it. Otherwise, normal left click should work.