PDA

View Full Version : Respiratory Therapy

anjaligirl
04-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi guys. Im from Canada and I have wanted to be a doctor all my life. Unfortunately It costs mucho dinero so I decided to go about it in a wierd way, I am finishing my deree in respiratory therapy then I am going to apply for med school . That way, I will alwys have a career. Are there any of you that have done somethig like this and can advise me?

Bluelotus
04-19-2004, 04:49 PM
well not in the same position as you ...but it sounds like a good plan..like u said u have something to fall back on...

btw what does respiratory therapist do?
Just make sure b4 applying to med school that u have all the requirements......find out from the colleges u wish to apply what they want from you....both curricular and extre-curricular

hmmmm....and they are many forums I belive which will help you out as well...I cam e across one ages ago...they even tell you abt the different med schools all over the world...try yahoo or google

Good luck.

anjaligirl
04-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Hey i havent checked this in a long time, Thanks for the advice!
By the way im in second year now and I love the program. The funny thing is most people have never heard of it. I've woked with guys who make about 50 - 60 grand an year before taxes and its a sweet deal. Im actually thinking of saving up some money by working before i go to med school.

anjaligirl
04-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Hey i havent checked this in a long time, Thanks for the advice!
A resp therapist work with lung diseases and asthma patients. We take care of ICU patients who cant breathe on their own and need ventilators and we also are present for most major lung operations. You dont have as many responsibitilies as a doctor but you dont have to put up with the crap that nurses have to deal with .
By the way im in second year now and I love the program. The funny thing is most people have never heard of it. I've woked with guys who make about 50 - 60 grand an year before taxes and its a sweet deal. Im actually thinking of saving up some money by working before i go to med school.

Bluelotus
04-03-2005, 07:11 PM
sounds very interesting.
When I was looking into undergrad degrees I saw something similar but in cardiology.
To be honest Anjaligal....ppl don't actually know about the different careers associated to medicine.

Glad you're having a great time, and having a small inkling about the cost of medical studies in CA ...working and saving some money before med school sounds excellent.

but try to make sure you fulfill all your med school requirements :wink:

Good Luck :b: Bonne Chance

blue.

butterfly
04-03-2005, 11:58 PM

Good to know ur in the second year...Wishing u all the Best in ur studies :b: