PDA

View Full Version : LINUX-CRASH

taiwanarangs
04-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Dear Friends

Here i need ur suggestions for my problem regarding the linux crash.

I installed LINUX(RH-9)and windows xp in the same HD(60gb) of my notebook.First time i installed MANDRAK-9 because of some reseaon i removed and installed RH-9.I installed some softwares and did calaculation.After few days when i was start the linux it showed some-failed messages then i rebooted the system, all the files including root files also missed.The computer engineer told me that linux has crahed.Then he installed FEDORA and for some reson he removed and again installed RH-9.It was working well for few days then again crashed.Finally engineer checked the hard disk and told me that there r many many bad sectors in the linux part. Now i changed to a new HD.My question is why it crashed?is it because of BAD SECTOR?
or anyother reseaon?
again shall i install both OS in same HD? i need ur suggeations

ANBUDAN
ARANGS

taiwanarangs
04-25-2004, 12:12 PM
please give some suggestions

vennai1
04-28-2004, 08:32 PM
rang, try some linux forum... i have no clue... :?

sweetie
05-02-2004, 05:06 AM
Do a file system check (fsck) ... it is possible that since u installed two OS on the same disk, there mite be some conflicts in the partioning.....

So when u reboot it, do a file system check manually and it will fix up all the sectors.... n next time when u install a new OS make sure the partitioning is proper....

Btw... why do U want two OS (of the same base) on a single HDD ??? Dusnt seem to get to my mind...

Neway... good luck !