PDA

View Full Version : WEB SITE HOSTING HELP

aqhe90
04-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Hi all,
I have got a web site project from a non-profit organization. I would like to know the foll:

1) Where should i register the domain name ? (Cheapest price) and what are the procedures?

2) Which is the preferred web server ?. I have Apache Tomcat 5.0 but it is difficult to configure.

3) How to register with google or any other search engine?

Any website references or ANY kind of help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. ADMINS if u look at this message , please give me suggestions. Your help would help me a lot.

Thanks,

Aqhe90

silican
04-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Vanakkam anne ,
I have few questions before I could answr ur question.
1) What sort of website are u planning to make, is it regarding a general ad to the organization or about any special event organised by themnised (meaning u want the website only for a small period)

2) You dont need a web server unless and untill, u intend to run a machine as a dedicated server. most domain hosting solutions would do that for you for an optimal price. If you choose to install a web-server, Tomcat is the best. But as you have difficulties running the server, I suggest you try Xitami (http://www.xitami.com/download.htm), the free and easiest to configure web server.

3) Registering with google is simple. All you have to do is put a proper description of your website in the <META> tag of the HTML code in your webpage and also see to that, you have all the links and the text content in the webpage which are put in your meta tag.

Also please post questions like these in the technical section.

Thx

Silican

Shri
04-26-2004, 07:51 AM
if you are not going for the server, u can find free hosing for non profit organisations at www.hkhosting.com

cheers,
Shri

vennai1
04-28-2004, 08:05 PM
hey try out www.mydomain.com