PDA

View Full Version : Passion - Did any one watch the movie???

anainar
05-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Guys/Girls,

I happened to watch Passion by Mel Gibson last week. I was swept away by the movie. It was gruesome but the message of Jesus of Nasareth did hit me hard. We were only 10-15 people in the theater and most of my friends advised me against watching it, saying it is appalling.

After watching the movie, I did not find the violence repulsive. In fact only because of that the message of love was delivered with such audacity. Even after being subjected to so much cruelty and suffering, HE still prays for them. I literally cried at some of the scenes. Especially the scenes where Mother Mary watches her son being dragged carrying the cross.

I dont know much about Christianity or the history. But the message of love your enemy was passed on with so much power that I felt having spent 3 hours well.

Did any one watch that movie? Share your opinions. I want to know whether I am a minority.

Cheers

vasan
05-06-2004, 10:37 PM
I wanted to see it.. But lost out due to lack of time.. :( :( I don't know if its still playing here.. may be I will check it out.... Some my other friends have also talked highly about it....

hmm I gotta find time and the theater..

v-

vennai1
05-06-2004, 10:43 PM
iyanaar anne... you are lucking to get close up with monica.... ;) ;)
enakkum antha luck innum varala... :P :P

ya...i too heard the movie is well taken... but seeing the two
trailers i feel a bit of masochism in it... :?
i am not a connoisseur of drama or movies... but i felt it too rigid ...
which explains why i have not seen it yet... :?
hopefully i can dare out to see it one day... ! :00:

ferny
05-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Yes I saw the movie and like you I was swept away too. I thought the violence was needed to emphasize the suffering he went through but I can understand why its probably too much for some. Don't you think that in those times punishment would have been that harsh?

The bond between Jesus and his mother was portrayed very well. I cried many times during the movie too anainar.