PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see Mrs Sonia gandhi as The Prime Minister

king_143
05-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Shoud a foreign born Indian citizen like sonia gandhi be allowed to take the highest office in India. I would like to know your opinion of why or why not?

Shy
05-15-2004, 03:00 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo (Infinite times)

More as we proceed :(

Shy

madhu_aish1
05-15-2004, 05:58 AM
Its ridiculous that we still keep talking about sonia gandhi nationality as a big issue rather than analysing her economic policies and minimum programme .

she has lived in India for 35 damn years and she is half Indian and has the eligiblity to be accepted as an Indian . Any damn person lived in US fo 20 years would have imbibed the culture and traditions of the America (if they have one ;) ) .

All I am worried about is her stance towards Left Front who have the capability to pull the trigger wih 60 odd seats... hope she dont buckle to them and cause a catastrophe

Bluelotus
05-15-2004, 07:45 AM
I say it matters not.
unless she herself does not consider herself to be a true citizen of her adoptive country:think:

after all the reason why some countries refuse to accept foreign born nationals as their head of state or head of Gvt is a fear that those ppl do not integrate themselves fully in their adoptive country
I mean u've all seen these old ladies who may have lived 1/2 a century in another country ...but will not speak a word of that country's language or know anything abt it's customs.
So really it depends on Mrs S Gandhi....how does she truly view herself? :think:

I sometimes think that Tony Blair must have been born in America :oops:

Blue.

PS:
Madhu ..."D***" is still profane whichever side of the Atlantic ur standing on :wink:

dinesh
05-15-2004, 10:33 AM
"no"vule thaan eththanai "o" :sm12:

I don't think I have anything against Sonia becoming PM. It can't go much wrong by giving her a chance. who knows she might turn out to be a strong leader.

Madhu ..."D***" is still profane whichever side of the Atlantic ur standing on

Is it? :think:

RaasuKutty
05-15-2004, 12:50 PM
who knows she might turn out to be a strong leader

Rather electing capable leaders, we are just testing grounds with new ppl.. hmm.. This made me feel very sad :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Anyway, I have made up my mind welcoming Mrs. Sonia as our PM... If she's got the right ppl around here, she will definitively succeed....

anainar
05-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Sonia's policy? Does any one know about her policies? It is not a question whether right or wrong or testing grounds. She might have merged with mainstream or taken citizenship. But to aspire for a top post it has to be done beyond doubt. But for me she is not beyond doubt. She took her own time to take citizenship. And it was not without reason. During post emergency when Desai govt was planning to take action against ex PM, she took her children and took refuge in Italian Consulate. She violated the Constitution of India to sneak in as voter even before taking citizenship and violated Foreign Exchange law at that time many times.

Now, dont we all break laws? Yes, we do, so does many of our leaders. But none of them can get away from the long arm of law. History is replete with such instances. But to accept a foreigner who came, broke our laws and instead of putting him/her behind bars, we worship them as leaders. That is what puzzles me. Congress has plethora of tested leaders. Manmohan singh, Pranab Mukherjee, Jairam Suresh, Chidambaram, Sharad Pawar, all of them having served the country better than Sonia for the past 3 decades. What makes her better leader than these guys? Except she is Rajiv Gandhi's widow?

If any one has not read manifesto of Congress, here are some excerpts..

The Congress believes in affirmative action for all religious and linguistic minorities. The Congress has provided for reservations for Muslims in Kerala and Karnataka in government employment and education on the grounds that they are a socially and educationally backward class

Why is there an explicit mention a religion in the manifesto and promising extra care for them?

The Congress will strengthen the public sector in key, strategic areas, including infrastructure. It will help public sector companies in these areas to emerge as global companies. There is still an important role for the public sector as a venture capitalist in new and emerging areas.

You can forget about privatisation or Govt doing just governance. Govt is going to run every PSU in the name of national security, the exact reason for our failure in economy for 45 years of congress rule.

The Congress also takes note of growing inter-state disparities that have led to some important states like UP and Bihar to fall behind in social development and economic growth. While state governments have the final responsibility for governance, the central government has still an important role in ensuring that the lagging states improve their performance through fiscal and other policies.

Can there be a better way of putting things across? Instead of rewarding the states that are performing, the focus is going to be on the lawless lands of UP/Bihar. And the most notorious lawless goons of those states are supporting the govt. I can vouch my last penny that all Plan-expenditure will go to these states for the states to splurge and create more lawlessness, while performing states like Tamilnadu, Karnataka will be given step motherly treatment. You know why, they are going to be ruled by non congress govts.

I may sound cynical, but Congress has pledged in its manifesto to prepare an action plan and place it before people within 100 days if they get a mandate. Now that they have got one, we will know what they are going to do in August 2004.

Cheers

sri_gan
05-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Can there be a better way of putting things across? Instead of rewarding the states that are performing, the focus is going to be on the lawless lands of UP/Bihar. And the most notorious lawless goons of those states are supporting the govt. I can vouch my last penny that all Plan-expenditure will go to these states for the states to splurge and create more lawlessness, while performing states like Tamilnadu, Karnataka will be given step motherly treatment. You know why, they are going to be ruled by non congress govts.

Very True. This is exactly what's gonna happen.

Already DMK opened its moves to make that happen.

Shy
05-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Its ridiculous that we still keep talking about sonia gandhi nationality as a big issue rather than analysing her economic policies and minimum programme .

she has lived in India for 35 damn years and she is half Indian and has the eligiblity to be accepted as an Indian . Any damn person lived in US fo 20 years would have imbibed the culture and traditions of the America (if they have one ;) ) .

All I am worried about is her stance towards Left Front who have the capability to pull the trigger wih 60 odd seats... hope she dont buckle to them and cause a catastrophe

Madhu do u think here in USA indians are accepted even they are born here and live their entire life here???

Then explain me whats ABCD - American Born Confused Desi means...

They are like having legs in 2 boats...They got be a full american nor an Indian. Thats their fate !!! Engae irukara indians path ellam solaathae.. you dont know how pathetic they are when it comes to cultural mix.

Also onnu therinchukoo america is a immigrant country.. appadiyae irunthaalum may be mayor , governor kuuda kashtam nee irukalaam.. but they wont accept an indian born american to be their president.

Thats what will happen to anyone who wants to join a mainstream from a different culture. Sonia is no different. Anainar has said everything I wanted to :D abt her

Plus there should be dedication to this people here more than political gain. Just because her lastname is Gandhi, its of no big deal.

Shy

Shy
05-15-2004, 03:56 PM
cho chweet anainar.. cute a irukaan ..

Shy

yogesh220
05-15-2004, 04:12 PM
cho chweet anainar.. cute a irukaan

I back that...very very cute... And I am sure that he is not in your சாயல்

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo (Infinite times)

More as we proceed

Shy

I oppose that... after all the topic is about the originality of the sonia and if we will agree her as our prime minister... and i dont see why not?..

all of the point sforwarded by Anainar and all others opposing sonia to be a PM are not concerned witht eh originality issue...and such points against can be made against all the leaders... but all of them out of the scope of the topic...

If she can lead the most disobedient party like congress in a good way, there is no reason why she cannot lead the country.... and after all she is voted to power by the billions...

All these statements are put forward by my brain...but my heart says nooooooooo... anyway I usually go by my brains and hence....

yogesh220
05-15-2004, 05:12 PM
the arguments of my heart...

1.. Sonia Gandhi is ONLY a high school graduate. It is not even sure
if she is Matric pass or fail. Cambridge University has confirmed that
they have no Sonia Maino on their alumni list.

2.. Her sister, Nadia Mario, who had never visited India before rushed
to New Delhi, after Vajpayee govt.fell, to be by her side amidst reports
that she might soon become India's Prime Minister.

3.. Should Sonia Gandhi become Prime Minister, her relatives in Italy
would be fully entitled to round-the-clock protection by the Black Cat
commandos at the Indian taxpayer's expense.

4.. She worked as an house maid in UK while taking classes to learn
English in some no name school. She was from a poor family in Italy but now has
almost as much money as Bill Gates (guess whose money is it).

5.. During the 1971 war, while all Indians stood ready to fight for
the Indian cause Sonia Maino and her husband Rajiv Gandhi went on vacation
in Italy.

6.. In 1977, when Indira Gandhi and Congress lost elections, Sonia
Gandhi with her children and husband in tow took refuge of Italian embassy in
New Delhi. Only after Indira Gandhi, Sanjay and his
Indian wife Maneka convinced her that they came back.

7.. Sonia married Rajiv in 1968 and was eligible to become Indian
citizen 5 years later yet she did NOT become Indian citizen till 1984 I.e. 16
years after her marriage. This late bloom of Sonia's love for India also was
out of political consideration. In 1984, Rajiv, was heir apparent and most
likely next Prime Minister. It would be awkward for a PM to have a
foreigner wife. Voila, Sonia became an Indian Overnight.

8.. She has not given a single interview or offered any ideas on a
single issue facing India now. Her only qualification is that she married a
Gandhi. No newspaper has taken up the issue; no political party is opposing
this, people are falling in line as if this is nothing unusual.

9.. Sonia became an Indian citizen in 1984 but did not surrender her
Italian citizenship. She continues to be simultaneously a citizen of
India and Italy as Italian law does not require her to surrender her Italian
citizenship or passport. Simply put, Sonia is a dual citizen of India
and Italy now dreaming of becoming the next Prime Minister of India (she
can also legally become the prime minister of Italy!).

Jai Hind

pmmbala
05-15-2004, 06:22 PM
No way.. no wont like that.. but ppl are elected..

king_143
05-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Most of us donot want Sonia Gandhi as our PM, Is it because she is a foreigner, if so would you accept Mother Theresa as a national leader.

Why cant we see Sonia Gandhi just as every other Indian,

Anianar,
Why do you say she is corrupt it was our indian born pm late rajeev gandhi who supported her, how do you call it her mistake. We can accept a Indian born to be corrupt but a foreign born Indian citizen is not accepted

in Italy.

Jai Hind

This argument is too strong aganist her, would you accept any foreginer who is willing to serve India for INdia???

vasan
05-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Why ever not?

She is democratically elected leader of a party. If people want to elect her so be it.

Is she eligible? The Supreme Court of India thinks so. So does the Election Commission. It is flat out wrong to say she is a 'foreigner' so she can't be a PM or an MP even. Are we greater than the Constitution of India to rewrite it as it suits whatever we wish to?

And with regard to Anainar's accusations of violation of FERA and a several other laws, please... We had a BJP govt for nearly one whole season. She was an Elected MP. IF there is even one bit of credibility, BJP could have prosecuted her. For that matter, any one else could have filed for a Public Interest Litigation too. Any reasons?

What is this about being a PROVEN leader? She is a proven Congress leader. Just how many PMs did we have who had 'experience' in managing a country? Did Mr. Vajpayee have experience before he was elected? Did Mr. Nehru have? Do you want to me write down the name of all the other PMs too?

What is it about education are we complaining? Kamarajar never did more than 3rd std - and I still think he was one of the best ever CMs we have had in our country! Do you want to have PhD's ruling a nation? Such a principle is known as elitism - and not democracy.

Personally, I think she has commendably united a party which has had lost its support nationwide because of internal bickering. For whatever reason, Indian public has found some common thing with this person. The past one season in the parliament, she had conducted herself with dignity and poise. With her style of bringing all the talentpool in Congress, it is more than possible that she will do a good job.

I am not a astrologer - heck, I don't even believe in it ! - but I am suggesting that it will be a reasonable assumption that Congress Govt headed by Mrs Gandhi will do well for the country. Whatever the future might have in store, in any case, it is still democracy - and I will go with the choice of the people !

Vasan

yogesh220
05-17-2004, 03:53 AM
This argument is too strong aganist her

As I have noted in my previous pst, I do aceept and welcome Sonia as our PM.

She is democratically elected leader of a party. If people want to elect her so be it.

Personally, I think she has commendably united a party which has had lost its support nationwide because of internal bickering

Whatever the future might have in store, in any case, it is still democracy - and I will go with the choice of the people !

yeah, nationality shud not be the deciding point whether she can become pm or not. If she has the caliber to be elected for the PM post it is not because of her nationality but because of other reasons whatever that might be... and hence lets evolve to welcome to be our PM

Honeyarjun
05-17-2004, 03:06 PM
People of India accepted her and she was chosen democratically.. and I wont accept the arguments of her nationality and stuff.. The majority of people In India has given her a chance. Lets wait and see how she performs and then we will get a chance to argue whteher she is capable or not...

Most of the people in this forum are not in India..we are somewhere outside India either for education or to earn money.. People speaking about India, nationality, foreigner ruling etc.. should first think abt themselves.. will they refuse a greencard or a citizenship in US(or what country they are in right now)????.. First go back to India and serve your nation..then you will get the right to speak abt this.. I am really sorry to be this blunt.. I really dont believe in this Indian ..foreigner stuff..also when the people in India have taken this decision ..what we people who left India (even if its a temporary thing) for selfish reasons has any right to comment on the decision of those people..

Also whats worries me the most is not sonia...but the CPI (left front)and their policy..and their condition for joining the government.. They are totally against IT services of India to other countries which is the main survival thing for India in the international arena in the past 5-10 yrs.. I really dont know whats the outcome of this coalition going to be..

anitam
05-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Being in INDIA for 35 years..... i don't know whether she knows well about our country and the life style of people..or the needs of Indians...Lets wait and see..

As for my knowledge...i still wonder how she won in this election.

chitracheenu
05-17-2004, 09:06 PM
If she rules here, chance of Another case similar to Bofor's case may arise very soon. She should not be allowed at all to become a PM.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO

sri_gan
05-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Why do you say she is corrupt it was our indian born pm late rajeev gandhi who supported her, how do you call it her mistake. We can accept a Indian born to be corrupt but a foreign born Indian citizen is not accepted

No way I will agree for corruption for a simple reason they are born in their home land.

Its a Big NO.

"Kadamaiya Seyrathukku ethukku Kaasu?"

There no compromise for that, they should give life time imprisonment for corruption or just isolate those weeds in a undisclosed seperate location.

gokulan42
05-18-2004, 01:34 AM
Guru (anainar), your son is very cute.... Your avatar is I hope your son's photo.

sweetie
05-23-2004, 05:47 AM
I really dunt see ne reason why you people cant accept Sonia Gandhi as our PM !!! It was the same people who took part in the world' largest democratic vote, and who gave her the mandate !!! Then wats the point in talking about her origins now ?

She is a elected leader of a party - Widely accepted and trusted leader - Married to an Indian, and she has taken so much effort to mingle with the Indian society and learn the values and traditions and change her life style so much.

The election commission, the Supreme Court, and our GOOD OLD constitution does not bar her from contesting elections neither her holding the highest post of office in our country. So that steers her clear of legal issues as well !!!

She is very much wanting to make India prosper and work towards the development of our country, though she was born somewhere else.

WHEN WE PEOPLE COULD GIVE A CHANCE TO MORONS BORN IN **OUR OWN** COUNTRY LIKE NARENDRA MODI, AND WHO END UP DOING NUTHING BUT SOW THE SEEDS OF HATRED AMONG THE COMMON MAN AND NEIGHBORS..........

....... I DONT SEE ANY REASON WHY SONIA WHO IS SO MUCH INDIAN AND A LEARNT TO LIVE WITH OUT SOCIETY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAD OUR COUNTRY OR HOLD THE HIGHEST POST IN OFFICE !!!

Whats got with u people if she is a foreigner ?? You are not going to get anything if she is one or not... All that we want is for our own country to keep progressing and the welfare of the people, all classes of people, are safe guarded...

The previous govt failed to do that... and Sonia Gandhi promises that.... Ok fine... Everyone promisees...

But the people have given a mandate believing there wud be a change and why dun u people just be patient for a while and see what happens rather than spending the whole of ur life time debating the origins of Sonia Gandhi !!

Even as I write this today, I am sure u all wud be aware, FINALLY Sonia turned down the offer to become PM in the interests of the nation....

When u have ppl like Sushma Swaraj, a married HINDU lady talking absolute bull shiit, I think Sonia is far far better to lead our nation in case if she chose to do so....

The Indian PM's post and Pakistans PM / President' post is one of the most powerful posts in the world.... More powerful than the US / UK president n PM's... Because of obvious reasons and tensions that always exist...

And I think it takes real thought n sense to refuse such a post... in the interests of everyone around her.....

sweetie
05-23-2004, 06:20 AM

GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE WITH ONE .......

ONE NEED NOT NECESSARILY BE IN THE ALUMNI LIST OF A UNIV.... SHE WENT TO CAMBRIDGE IN 1964 TO STUDY ENGLISH AT THE LANGUAGE SCHOOL......

WHATS WRONG IN SOMEONE VISITING HER SISTER / BROTHER AT CHALLENGING TIMES TO BE WITH EACH OTHER N SUPPORT ??? I DUN SEE THIS AS A REASON THAT COMES FROM YOUR HEART....

WHO SAID DO ?? TILL DATE I HAVE NOT SEEN NE REPORTS LIKE THESE.... AND EVEN IF THEY ARE GIVEN PROTECTION I DUN THINK THE WORLD GOVT's ARE STUPID ENUFF TO DO THIS... I AM SURE IT WUD BE THE ITALIAN GOVT THAT WUD EXTEND SECURITY COVER IF NEEDED.....

WHO SAID SHE TOOK ENGLISH IN SOME NO NAME SCHOOL ??? Grow up guys... SHE WENT TO CAMBRIDGE AND MET RAJIV GANDHI IN A GREEK RESTAURANT WHILE SHE WAS STILL STUDYING.. THEY GOT MARRIED IN 1968.... AND WHATS WRONG WITH HER USING THE MONEY EARNED BY HER HUSBAND ??? A WIFE DUS NOT DESERVE IT IS IT ??? AND IF THERE WAS NETHING WRONG WITH THE MONEY HER HUSBAND EARNED, BLAME HIM... NOT HER !!

COZ ON THE DAY INDIRA GANDHI DIED, SONIA OPPOSED RAJIV ENTERING POLITICS IN THE MEDICAL INSITITUTE, RIGHT BESIDE INDIRA GANDHI's BODY..... SHE DID NOT LIKE ENTERING POLITICS...

in Italy.

YES... HOW DO U ALL INDIANS WERE STANDING READY TO FIGHT AND NOT SOME WERE HIDING IN SOME PLACE ??? Ok Fine.. EVEN IF THEY WERE VACATIONING IN ITALY, HOW DOES IT MATTER ?? RAJIV WAS NOT EVEN INTO POLITICS THEN....

AND HOW MANY OTHER REAL INDIANS WERE OUTTA THE WAR AT THAT TIME THEN ?? DO U HAVE THE STATS OF WHO WAS IN AND WHO WAS OUT ???

THAT WAS BECOZ SHE DID NOT HAVE AN INDIAN CITIZENSHIP AT THAT TIME AND SHE FEARED FOR HER LIFE... SHE WAS NOT FEELING SECURE IN THE SO CALLED FREE N DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY...

HOW DO U KNOW THE EXACT REASONS FOR HER NOT BECOMING A CITIZEN ??? NEITHER DO I OR ANYONE ELSE... ALL WE SEE IF JUS REPORTS... AND WHY DO U WANNA RAKE UP AN ISSUE THATS LONG GONE AND FORGOTTEN... SHE GAVE AWAY HER ITALIAN PASSPORT LONG BACK AND TOOK UP INDIAN CITIZENSHIP.... FOR THE SAKE OF HER CHILDREN AND FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT SHE STARTED FEELING MORE INDIAN THAN ITALIAN........

THIS IS RIGHT.. EVERYONE ACCEPTS.. THIS WAS PARTLY THE REASON WHY SHE GRACEFULLY STEPPED BACK FROM BECOMING A PM .... AND SHE IS LEARNING...> SHE HAS LEARNT A LOT NOW...

NO ONE IS BORN LIKE AN EINSTEIN OR A LEARNED MARVEL... EVERYONE LEARNS.. THE TIME TAKEN DEPENDS.... SHE DID NOT WANT TO ENTER POLITICS EVEN AFTER RAJIV's DEATH.... SHE TOOK OVER ONLY in 1998.... AND IN 2004 SHE LED THE CONGRESS TO VICTORY.....

DO U MEAN TO SAY SHE HAS NOT LEARNED ANYTHING FROM 1968 TO 1991 and FROM 1991 to 1998 and FROM 1998 to 2004 ????? AND DO U MEAN TO SAY INDIAN IS GONNA BITE DUST AT THE HANDS OF CONGRESS AND SONIA GANDHI ????

HOW MANY INDIAN POLITICIANS ARE LEARNED ??? HOW MANY OF THEM ARE WELL EDUCATED ??? WHEN WE ARE IN A COUNTRY THAT BOASTS OF EDUCATED POLITICIANS WHO ARE THE MOST CORRUPT, I AM SURE IT WONT BE ANY BAD TO HAVE SOME ONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING BUT WHO IS WILLING TO LEARN AND LEARNING EVERY DAY AND ALSO STAYING CLEAN ....

SONIA HAS LONG BACK GIVEN AWAY HER ITALIAN PASSPORT AND BECOME A COMPLETELY INDIAN CITIZEN....... CHECK UP THE FACTS AND KNOW WHAT U R TALKING DUDE / DAME...........

Jai Hind

JAI HIND ????? Huh.......... I wonder what it really means.........

PS., Sorry for the CAPS people... That was jus to differentiate our words... n not shouting !!!

anainar
05-23-2004, 07:19 AM
Sweetie,

Your arguments are more based on rhetoric rather than facts. I for one do not approve the way BJP handled the issue. There is no reason for Sushma to go overboard. It was a cheap political gimmick. The issue could have been handled legally without much ado and that is one of the reasons why Sonia changed her mind in the last minute, not like the way it is being projected by you or most of the media who attach so much importance to prove that we are very rational.

But let me make some points clear. The Constitution has a clause for reciprocity with foreign countries. It does not categorize naturalised Indians and born Indians. But with foreign nationals, it is categorical in the reciprocity clause that Indian Constitution will bequeth only as much right as the foreign country gives to non-born citizens. It was figured out by legal luminaries that Italy does not provide a non-born citizen to be a Premiere. It was a clear and shut case as far as one law suit is concerned. Apparently this point was raised by none other than APJ himself after consulting Constitutional Lawyers. That is the reason Sonia went back after meeting APJ. Otherwise why should she get herself elected as CPP leader? Did the inner voice come to life only after meeting the President?

Also the Citizenship act is categorical that if the foreign national does not absolve her/his citizenship with the foreign country, Indian citizenship cannot be granted. She has handed over her passport but has not legally absolved her citizenship. This might be a mere technicality but it is not done so far after 25 years. She can still go back to Italy and get a passport which is a mere formality. This is also a fact. It is just that no one thought it is worth filing a case so far. Instead of handling this matter legally it was converted into an emotional issue.

I for sure hate the media which plays sycophantic role when it comes to belittling anything that is asserts our nationality. They are footstooges of the Gandhi and minorities. I never saw a balanced view from Medida or the public voices when it comes to equality.

The same Congress manifesto categorically says it will have reservations for Muslims. It does not talk about other minorities. If that is not religious politics, tell me what it is? It also clearly says they will not touch Personal Laws. Which means Law will treat its citizens differently based on religion. How justified is that crap? Those who talk about equality and minority appeasement should also look at what is equality.

Cheers

sri_gan
05-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Sweetie,

The people who gave the vote 'cause of the symbol created by the nehru family "Gandhi".

Just think for a bit... Gandhi's original name is Mohandas K Gandhi so "Das" Family

Nehru's original name is Jawaharlal Nehru so "lal" Family. One of the long term vision Nehru had is his family should have a symbol so that they can rule and thats the key he started naming his child with Gandhi as last name and definetely Indra is no exception and Rajiv also... vazhi vazhiya follow pannuranga.

Some other people who really struggle to form a nation is just in history books, they were not even in the big picture so that people can know about them.

In west some people even think its sonia is from a Gandhi famliy, some times people asked why people are so mad at Gandhi family who fought for the nation.

I feel the same most of the rural areas don't even know the difference between Gandhi and Nehru even know. All they care is a symbol and that the key this time she won.

As long as this happens, our politicians will never allow education to go to these areas, 'cause they know they will not come back to power once the people realize some facts.

Shy
05-23-2004, 03:03 PM
People of India accepted her and she was chosen democratically.. and I wont accept the arguments of her nationality and stuff.. The majority of people In India has given her a chance. Lets wait and see how she performs and then we will get a chance to argue whteher she is capable or not...

Most of the people in this forum are not in India..we are somewhere outside India either for education or to earn money.. People speaking about India, nationality, foreigner ruling etc.. should first think abt themselves.. will they refuse a greencard or a citizenship in US(or what country they are in right now)????.. First go back to India and serve your nation..then you will get the right to speak abt this.. I am really sorry to be this blunt.. I really dont believe in this Indian ..foreigner stuff..also when the people in India have taken this decision ..what we people who left India (even if its a temporary thing) for selfish reasons has any right to comment on the decision of those people..

Also whats worries me the most is not sonia...but the CPI (left front)and their policy..and their condition for joining the government.. They are totally against IT services of India to other countries which is the main survival thing for India in the international arena in the past 5-10 yrs.. I really dont know whats the outcome of this coalition going to be..

Honeyarjun,

First of all, Yes people are mostly outside india and are earning money for their well being. So whats wrong in that. I dont agree to the thingy that if u are patriotic and stuff u shud work in India.Its only because of the indians working abroad do we have a good transaction in India. Banks and other reserves are getting benefitted from us and thus India. U urselves said in the second para. how come do u think india because such a great country for IT. Only because of the people who went abroad and proved that they are best in that. Today, india is the great resource for all types of IT work, starting from design to QA. India and China are the 2 resources in the entire world. U know how many companies have started to have their base in India in the last few years??? Chumma suddena they didint get the bulb that india is the best, people who went there proved it. So those people do have 100% right to voice up when they wanted to. Indiala irunthu evaloo peru ithai pathi think panraanga sollunga. So for indians its not where u are, but how u are contributing to India. Thats it. We are not physically there, thats an individual choice, but that doesnt mean we have no voice when something happens back home, isnt?

Second of all, people might get GCs or citizenship etc, so did sonia!!! but neither of them can take such a big position in the respective immigrant country, can we? The argument is about a foriegn born person to take the most important position in India.

Shy

katteri
05-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Honey arjun,

Neenga vunga appa, amma kooda illai .. avangha india la irukkanghaa...Athukagha avanga mela paasam illama poidumaaaa...

Athu mathiri than nagha india la illaina llum India pathi ninaikathe nalle illai...

People have voted against the govt in tnadu, AP it doesnt mean that they want sonia to be a PM...

Shy
05-24-2004, 02:27 PM
As katteri said, people didnt like the sitting government, we dont have a multiple choices here, but either, or.. so they are compelled to choose the other. So that doesnt mean that people wanted to elect sonia only !!! If deva gowda :lol: :lol: stood, he too would have got the same lead as now !!

Shy

anainar
05-24-2004, 02:52 PM
It was the same people who took part in the world' largest democratic vote, and who gave her the mandate !!!

This is a total misinterpretation of results Sweetie. For sure people voted for a change in the govt. But it cannot be and should not be construed as people dont mind Sonia as PM. The issues are different and cannot be mixed. Unfortunately our constitution does not have anything specific on Referendum. A Referendum is a perfect mechanism to get people's preference directly. A pointed query with a "Yes" or "No" will put the issue beyond doubt. When Blair wanted to know whether British should join EU, he conducted a referendum with a "Yes" or "No" to get people's verdict directly. He did not say that his party is in power and hence has the mandate for joining EU.

If that is done, then no one has to listen to their inner voices on important issues like "Who is going to run the country?".

Cheers