PDA

View Full Version : Image Processing - SHAPE FROM SHADING

king_143
05-19-2004, 07:37 PM
I would like to know if you have a code for shape from shading or shape from texture

king_143
05-19-2004, 07:38 PM
if you can explain me the method to write the algorithm I can implement.

king_143
05-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Hello moderator ,
Can you move this to the student / programming help topic

vasan
05-19-2004, 09:57 PM
King Anne.. Move panniyaachu.. aana unga kustin-kku answer theriyala.. may be some one will come and answer...

Vasan

anainar
05-20-2004, 12:42 AM
King,

I dont know what you mean by shape. You mean the 3 dimensional geometric shape from an image? I did do my master's thesis in image processing but essentially for inspection of flat mechanical components. I did infer the geometry from the captured image and used some methods to get the inspection parameters and meaure them. But it is all for inferring 2D geometry.

But shape from shade is much more complicated and am not sure whether you will be able to get ready made code. You may have to write your own. Also accuracy of such inferences are very very low, unless you use some kind of laser scanning to create crisp images. And that will work only for convex surfaces and will fail miserably with concave shapes and doubly curved surfaces.

Cheers.

king_143
05-20-2004, 10:59 PM
I have to identify a circular object which has a dimple in it. It is like trying to find a vadachatti. Can you suggest any other method. I do not crisp images, though I could get , but it would make the system non-real time.

What kind of features did you extract and where you successful in identifying the objects based on two dimensional constraints.