PDA

View Full Version : Boys Biggest flop ever???

rajanand
08-31-2003, 04:00 AM
From what I hear from my friends in India, Boys is the worst flop ever in Tamil cinema history! For all the hype it generated..! Is that true?? Want feedbacks.

sweetie
08-31-2003, 05:31 AM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2003/aug/30boys.htm

This review shud answer ur queries I guess..... :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

BTW......... If someone knows ne site that has the boys movie, please share it here with others...... Thanks :)

arumugam57
08-31-2003, 07:52 AM
This what that rediff review is :
I watched the promos, read interesting titbits in newspapers about how Boys is about a group of guys (plus one girl, of course) singing their way to the MTV Awards, and played the Boys tape to the point of exhaustion.
Everything I had seen or heard had led me, as well as many of my friends, to believe that Boys is a movie on the making of a friendly neighbourhood garage rock band.But was I ever wrong!! Boys contain enough incidents to put Ektaa Kapoor serials to shame. It took a while after the movie got over to reconstruct the events that lead to the climax.

You want to know why?

Beat this: three dates, close encounter with a call girl, a scary bike-chase with a nude hero on Chennai's Mount Road, a runaway teen marriage, a divorce that almost happens, a godfather-type (Vivek) who spends half his time and money drinking and visiting brothels. (The other half is employed encouraging kids to flout rules.)

Wait, there's more: two courtroom scenes, a mini-jail, brush with POTA, Naxalites, anti-nationals, a sentimental awards night, and more than half-a-dozen songs and tons of mush.

Phew! Confused? I was.

Boys is about five college-going guys and a girl. One of the guys (Munna) elopes with the girl (Harini aka Genelia D'Souza) and walks out of home accompanied by his loyal friends, all of whom struggle to eke out a living while still trying to pay their college fees.

The story then takes a twist when the boys decide to use their musical talent -- which is till then mentioned only in passing -- to compose a religious album, which turns out to be a hit.

They later compose a few inflammatory songs for a bunch of Naxalites, which results in their being arrested under POTA.

Once out of jail, they form a pop group. The rest of the film is about their arduous journey to stardom at the MTV 2003 Awards.

Boys is good in parts. If the incidents in the movie are viewed like television episodes, one could end up enjoying the film thoroughly.

Boys could have been made into a coherent story. There is a certain boldness attached with a couple of scenes depicting nudity. Also, the heroine is rarely clothed in anything substantial.

In his attempt to make a movie about youngsters, however, director Shankar has tried to make almost every conceivable situation arise in the span of three hours. The result is that Boys gets enmeshed in an intricate array of sub-plots. And somewhere along the way, the story begins to meander.

On the bright side, all six newcomers have given impressive performances. It has to be said that these youngsters are more natural than many established Hindi and Tamil stars.

The jokes are refreshingly frank and risqué -- just the way us college students like it. They made me laugh out loud more than once. The language of the movie is as colourful as any young Chennaiite's -- at least as far as the censors would allow it to be. The music videos are, to use an oft-repeated cliché, amazing. The score is already a big hit in Chennai.

Boys, in my opinion, can be viewed from three perspectives:

A spoof. In which case the movie will be thoroughly entertaining for the most part. The notable exception being the last 20 minutes.
A serious attempt at telling a story. In that case you might not find this worth a watch.
A series of episodes of a television serial. Then indeed Boys is good fun with plenty of laughs.
On the whole, Boys is worth a watch for its cinematography, performances, and in-your-face humour.

Many college students, especially guys, might watch Boys more than once for the titillating scenes, the non-veg jokes, and, most importantly, the skimpy, transparent clothing sported by the heroine. Personally, I prefer the sombre realism of Kaaka Kaaka.

CREDITS:
Cast: Siddharth, Nakul, Sai, Bharat, Manikandan, Genelia
Story, screenplay, direction: Shankar
Producer: A M Ratnam
Music: A R Rahman
Cinematography: Ravi K Chandran

sweetie
08-31-2003, 09:13 AM
nee enna solra 6FACE ???? Have u seen the movie ?????

I wish BOYS MOVIE CUD BE PUT ONLINE SOON :( :( :( :(

We are all waiting........

arumugam57
08-31-2003, 10:06 AM
I may not like this movie. Elumbu Koodu Heroin.. :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: v

sweetie
08-31-2003, 11:14 AM
elumbu koodu heroine ????? :00: :00: :00:

Appo Shakeela heroine aa irukkira padam mattum thaan nee paarppiya 6FACE ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 6FACE......

LOL LOL LOL .......... :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha:

sweetie
08-31-2003, 11:18 AM
BY THE WAY ................. :00: :00: :00: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :think: :think: :think:

Who put that *heart* image below my name ??????

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: I dun wan it there... Dusnt luk nice... Whoever put it there, cud you *please n kindly* remove it rite away ?????

:Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

Thanks in Advance..........

dinesh
08-31-2003, 12:09 PM
Yaraavathu padaththap podungappaa :sm18:

arumugam57
08-31-2003, 12:21 PM
BY THE WAY ................. :00: :00: :00: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :think: :think: :think:
Who put that *heart* image below my name ??????
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: I dun wan it there... Dusnt luk nice... Whoever put it there, cud you *please n kindly* remove it rite away ?????
:Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:
Thanks in Advance..........
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SWEETIE.. IF YOU CROSS 200 MESSAGES.. THEN THIS "I love Geetham.net" message will come and love symbol is :sm33: . So you can not escape from that symbol. Presentlyyou posted 258 messages.If you don't want that symbol then remove 59 messages .. that it.. Please inform me before removing your messages. Ok? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

arumugam57
08-31-2003, 12:22 PM
Yaraavathu padaththap podungappaa :sm18:

Thappa Pesathee Shindesh!! Padathai ellam poda mudiyathu!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dinesh
08-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Thappa Pesathee Shindesh!! Padathai ellam poda mudiyathu!!

Yappa...double meaning pulavare.....I meant to 'Kaamy' the 'Thiraipadam'.

sowmya75
08-31-2003, 12:41 PM
Read the review of cinesouth.com :cool: I saw the movie and I really enjoy it.

arumugam57
08-31-2003, 01:16 PM
Read the review of cinesouth.com :cool:
I saw the movie and I really enjoy it.

Guys.. You need not go to cinesouth.com to read that review. It is already posted here.:sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: Just click http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1222

Choumin!!! July 19 la register panni ippa than mothal mothala oru message post panni irukeenga. Konjam usefullana message , some thing new-aa pannak kudatha? :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :sm18: :sm36: :sm36: :sm36: :sm36: :sm36:

arumugam57
08-31-2003, 01:24 PM
Chowmin.. India -la athuvum Madrasla BOYS tickets costs 300Rs. France-la Empootu?

sweetie
08-31-2003, 01:54 PM
:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

6FACE ....... Dun ya dare to remove my messages... Remove panrathukka inga post panninen ????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

pona pogattum... antha symbol irunthittu pogattum.....

Bye the way !! Is double meaning talk allowed here ?????? :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

Intha 6FACE tholla thaanga mudiyila.... so avarukku konjam treatment kudukkalaam nu ninaichen.... a taste of his own medicine...... :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b:

Appavaathu avar adanguraara nu paarppom...... :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha:

arumugam57
08-31-2003, 02:58 PM
Hi.. Sweetie.. One more way is there to escape from this symbol if you don't like to remove your messages.. What is that? Just keep on posting messages till you reach nearly 400 messages. Then your automatic message will be "I am geetham adict" and the symbol will be changed accordingly. So don't worry.

Yes.. double meaning words are allowable here. Infact anything is allowable here if no one is complaining. So post your messages freely.If some one objects immediately remove it. Thats it!!

Enjoy.. :yes: :yes: :yes:

sweetie
08-31-2003, 04:02 PM
yaaraavathu padichittu athukku object pannittu, athukku appuram naan atha remove panni enna use ???? eppadiyum avanga atha padichuttaanga... athukku appuram thaane object panninaanga... so irunthittu pogattumm... object pannaathavanga padikkaattum... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

arumugam57
09-02-2003, 08:07 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GoodBoy
09-03-2003, 12:05 AM
hello friends
this is my first post here...movie pathi comment thara sona :( ..en ipadi oruthara oruthar tease pani message tharinga :think: ..Niraya Message post panrathu perusula. :wink: .athula ethana usefulla irukunu than mukiyam. :b: .
Mela ula comments elam padikum pothu..etho 4 peru chat panrathuku intha forum use panra mathiri iruku...so konjam usefulla use pana try panunga..its my opinion :b: ..thapa iruntha manichidunga :lol: ..

enoda view regarding boys movie:
superb movie for teen age peoples..

Excellent for :b:
1. Songs
2. Pictureisation
3. Non veg jokes.

Backgrd Musikla inum DTS effect elam add pani iruntha romba nala irunthu irukum..musik effects is only in songs..not in the rest of the movie.

luv
sarvnaa

qwerty
09-03-2003, 12:31 AM
makkale...enne ellaarum form le irukkenge pole...enne mr6face...'boys' padam pathuteengala...ellai ellaraiyum summa kalachikittu irukkeengala?

sweetie
09-03-2003, 01:48 AM
6FACE kku summa ellaraiyum kalaaichittu irukkirathu thaane velai.... :ahha: :ahha: :ahha:

And the Mr.New Member.... :) thank you very much for ur advice and suggestions and what not...

This is a fun filled forum where all tamilians arounf the world come to have fun and at the same time gather info abt online movies n stuff...

And if u *look* closely, people who really want to discuss reviews n stuff, keep discussing them without ne interruption... and the people *whom u say come here for chatting*, also take part in active discussions.... and at the same time they have fun as well... If u want to see messages only regarding *useful* discussions, then u can visit many other topics in the forums where *useful* discussions are going on.... ;) ;)

By the way... discussing about some crappy movie or movie star are never useful in neway...... ;) jus tot I'll remind u this.. they are just meant to be fun.... And that is wat u find here.. fun filled discussions... :)

sweetie
09-03-2003, 01:50 AM
Sorry for the TYPO people......

I meant *Many other topics in THIS forum* ...... Like Mens talk / Womens talk / General / Reviews / Poems / etc etc........

Cheers...

:b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

arumugam57
09-03-2003, 09:25 AM
By the way... discussing about some crappy movie or movie star are never useful in neway...... ;) jus tot I'll remind u this.. they are just meant to be fun.... And that is wat u find here.. fun filled discussions... :)

Sweetie Maamu.. Naan solla vanthathai Nee Sollitte.. Thanks Mamu.... Yarukko Engeyo Mooku arupattu blood varuthu... aspathiri pogach chollungaa...
http://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/3d_face_silly_tongue_sm_wht.gi fhttp://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/3d_face_silly_tongue_sm_wht.gi fhttp://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/3d_face_silly_tongue_sm_wht.gi fhttp://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/3d_face_silly_tongue_sm_wht.gi fhttp://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/3d_face_silly_tongue_sm_wht.gi fhttp://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/3d_face_silly_tongue_sm_wht.gi fhttp://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/3d_face_silly_tongue_sm_wht.gi fhttp://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/3d_face_silly_tongue_sm_wht.gi fhttp://www.allfunnypictures.com/images/3d_face_silly_tongue_sm_wht.gi f

sweetie
09-03-2003, 10:19 AM
illa illa 6FACE ....... mookku arukkira nelamaikku naan almost poitten... but paavam nu vittutten..... :D :D :D

Becoz I want the user to come back to this forum... I dun want him to run away u see.. :)

neway.... I just told him what I thought... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

GoodBoy
09-03-2003, 11:45 AM
hello 6face sir and sweetie madam,
nan etho enoda opiniona sonen.athu ungala ivlo pathikumnu ethir parkala...nan gendrala than sonenena thavira..ungala specify pani solala..but neenga specify pani reply panratha parkum pothu.. :lol: KUTRAM ULA NENJU KURUKURUM..pazhamozhiku etrar pola iruku..
:think:

GoodBoy
09-03-2003, 11:50 AM
:ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha:

:ee: :cool:
sarvnaa

sweetie
09-03-2003, 11:58 AM
hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Buddy..... naanga unkitta summa vambu pannittu irunthom... engaloda velai (apart from participating in this forum) is also to answer / reply back to people' comments and suggestions...

Engalukku kutram ulla nenjum illa.... appadi oru nenju iruthaalum athu kurukurukkavum illaaaaaaa...

So cool it pal :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

This is wat is all about fun filled forum.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: now u know !!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

vennai1
09-03-2003, 07:19 PM
sweetie,

ithu unnoda japan college illa... pudusaa vara pasangala
ragging panna...

ithu oru public forum... so athunaale konjam decent-aa
nadanthuko :D

by the way, Boys interview is available at
www.aarthy.net

download panni paarungo...boys kalakuraanga :D

arumugam57
09-03-2003, 07:33 PM
download panni paarungo...boys kalakuraanga

Who cares if BOYS kalaks? :lol:

silican
09-03-2003, 10:01 PM
hello 6face sir and sweetie madam,
nan etho enoda opiniona sonen.athu ungala ivlo pathikumnu ethir parkala...nan gendrala than sonenena thavira..ungala specify pani solala..but neenga specify pani reply panratha parkum pothu.. :lol: KUTRAM ULA NENJU KURUKURUM..pazhamozhiku etrar pola iruku..
:think:

Sarvnaa,
Now do u see how discussion starts in the Forum ?? paarunga, neengale ippo Godhaa'la yerangittenga...Welcome :b: :b:
Silican

silican
09-03-2003, 10:02 PM
download panni paarungo...boys kalakuraanga

Who cares if BOYS kalaks? :lol:

illena mattum paathruveengalaa ?? Heroine dhan kuchi madhiri irukka'nnu yerkanave sonnengale... :Ksp:

Silican

sweetie
09-04-2003, 04:19 AM
sweetie,

ithu unnoda japan college illa... pudusaa vara pasangala
ragging panna...

ithu oru public forum... so athunaale konjam decent-aa
nadanthuko :D

by the way, Boys interview is available at
www.aarthy.net

download panni paarungo...boys kalakuraanga :D

VENNAI .... naan enna ippo INDECENT aa sollitten ????? Enna pesarom nu paarthu pesu VENNAI ... and first stop advicing n preaching others.... its none of ur business VENNAI...

vennai1
09-04-2003, 06:02 PM
VENNAI .... naan enna ippo INDECENT aa sollitten ????? Enna pesarom nu paarthu pesu VENNAI ... and first stop advicing n preaching others.... its none of ur business VENNAI...

sweetie, solrathu elaam sollitu ippo ippadi kekariye...
ithu nyayamaa ! :D

etho nallathu sonnen... nee kekka maatennu sonna naan enna panna !
:P

sweetie
09-05-2003, 03:09 AM
[quote=sweetie]
etho nallathu sonnen... nee kekka maatennu sonna naan enna panna !
:P

Nee solli naan yen kekkanum ???? unakkum enakkum enna venum ???? naan ennoda gal fr / appa / amma solliye kaettathu illa.... ithula nee vera..... :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

*naan enna panna* nu kaetta illa ???
Answer == Un velaya paarthittu summa iru... mathavangala athatittu irukkaatha...

vennai1
09-05-2003, 06:14 PM
sweetie,

un rouse-kku onnum korachal illa...

romba kolaikatha... thonda kattikum :lol: :ahha:

qwerty
09-05-2003, 06:38 PM
yen paa...boyz padam online engeyavadhu irukka? heard padam ...konjam kevalam irukku types. edhukku munnaadi "thulluvadho elamai" nu padam vandhuche...adhu madri nu kelvi patten.
appadiya????

anainar
09-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Ella messagum parthu innum koncham confuse aanathu thaan micham. Elumukoodo heroine romba mosam. Athuve minus point.

Sari, eppo padam release?? :lol:

jksindhu2002
09-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Need 'boys' movie sooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnn nnnn................Plz