check out www.bakerstreet221b.de
for all sherlock holmes stories and novels with nice pictures

thirudan
06-04-2004, 02:43 PM
thank u somuch.....:)

Shy
06-04-2004, 03:52 PM
chowash, Wow !! thats good info :)

Welcome to geetham !, hope u are having a good time here :)

ABOUT READING (http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6528&start=0)

Have a look here, In the above topic, we share about the books we read ! hope u can share ur thoughts :)

Shy

yogesh220
06-04-2004, 10:54 PM
thank you so much Chowash...I am great fan of Sherlock holmes... But I have a question, this holmes is guy is a pure imagination of Conan doyle, right?.. then how come the house address, pictures of his house, his signature, his portrait.. all illustrated? :think:

vasan
06-04-2004, 11:25 PM
enakku innoru sandhegam... Simba is purely imagination, right? appuram eppadi, ooru, peru, amma, appannu.. :think: romba confoooosingamaa iruke.. :Ksp:

YoYo... Oru coffe kudichittu vanthu yosinga... :sm12: :sm12:

vasan

Priyam2004
06-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Although Sherlock Holmes was a fictitious character, I think he was actually based on another real-life detective. One or two of the stories could have been even true....... :Ksp: :Ksp:

Thanks for the post Chowash :D

yogesh220
06-05-2004, 02:44 AM
enakku innoru sandhegam... Simba is purely imagination, right? appuram eppadi, ooru, peru, amma, appannu.. :think: romba confoooosingamaa iruke.. :Ksp:

YoYo... Oru coffe kudichittu vanthu yosinga... :sm12: :sm12:

vasan

But vasan, "BAKER STREET IRREGULARS", the society formed in honor of holmes and watson argue that there is an element of truth threading in them... :think:

chowash
06-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Conan Doyle wanted people to believe that holmes was a real character. Thatz why he also based all his stories in real places ! For example 221B bakerstreet was a real address. the man who lived there got so many letters from the fans of sherlock holmes and so many visitors that he got fed up and sold his house...for what...guess...for the museum of sherlock holmes ! so if any of go to london dont miss it !!

u can also check out www.sherlockian.net
it has extra info abt holmes !