PDA

View Full Version : Need Help in Copying 2 or more VCD's into DVD

seny
06-04-2004, 04:45 PM
I need help in copying movies on 2 or more VCD's on to a single DVD... In a VCD there are few folders and then inside MPEGAV there is the movie file.. I want to burn a movie on 2 or more discs into a single DVD.. Is it possible? If possible kindly guide me through... Thanks in advance...

anainar
06-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Seny,

Most of the players identify whether it is a VCD or DVD by the disk itself. So if you have two VCD movies in a DVD the player wont recognise it as 2 VCDs. It will try to look for DVD File format and complain. You might have to check your player what it supports.

Cheers

seny
06-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks Anainar for the info.. I was just curious cos the other day in a shop someone was telling something about copying VCD's into DVD.. so i wanted to know whether its possible to do someting like that and play it in a DVD player and not on the PC..
You might have to check your player what it supports... well it supports DVD-RW.., VCD2,ACD,MP3 and JPEG cd's.. is this what you are asking for or else something different? :think: i am not so familiar with this stuff.. thats y.. thanks for ur help.. :D

anainar
06-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Seny, your player might support DVD+RW and VCD, but you are talking about VCD file system in a DVD. The moment the player recognises that it is a DVD, it will expect a DVD File system which normally is VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. If they are not there it will complain. The moment it identifies a CD will expect a MPEGAV folder to read the .dat files. These cannot be interchanged mostly. So even though your player supports VCD it will support only of the VCD is in a CD and not in a DVD.

Cheers

seny
06-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Exactly Anainar, this is what i had also been thinking... but when i heard others speaking abt this and someone was telling me one store is renting tamil movies with DVD and putting 2 or more VCD's into it.. that is what confused me too much.. now i am clear... :sm03: thank u once again for instant replies... :D