• Can be a Friend.

6 75.00%
  • Definetely a Lover.

2 25.00%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Soul Mate

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly
    U caught me there blue ... :? ...a soul mate is supposed to understand u & be there for u to confide...& then how can u all of a sudden feel he/she is not right & drop them like a hot potato ...so wat kind of relationship is that...

so far I haven't droped anyone like a hot potato

I think you will find that as you move on with your life and experience different things....you and your kindred spirits may start to move appart

this is all highly theoretical ...haven't got much life experience to back up the claim.

better ask Sri.

Blue.

bluee,
    I know u wud never drop anyone ...ur too good to do that & I understand we are just speculating or analyzing a soul mate...& its nice to see different opinions

As far as I can see, A lover is the best friend but essentially of opposite sex

And so, I dont see how a lover differs from being a friend...and hence I am not voting in the poll....

sri wrote,
    To my knowledge there can be more than one soulmates, its just fact how much affection you show in response to others beyond the pretty smile...
    wat do u mean by this statement sri ??
    I mean to say the possibility of soulmates as friends is really high and acquiring knowledge about another soul is beyond smiling nu solla vanthen.

I mean to say the possibility of soulmates as friends is really high and acquiring knowledge about another soul is beyond smiling nu solla vanthen.
    appadiya sri...ok unga understandingle wat does soulmate mean?....or how wud u analyze who ur soul mate is??

Quote Originally Posted by Quisting Butterfly
    appadiya sri...ok unga understandingle wat does soulmate mean?....or how wud u analyze who ur soul mate is??
    I told you in the topic begining I'm analyzing about soulmate nu.

In my understanding A soulmate could be

1. A person who can understand you as well not pretend to tell how they feel about me.

2. A person who could be elder than us and possibly gone though the same set of things I go through and has the ability to explain how to handle situations (not advices) (amma, appa, akka, annan.. a elderly friend... Friendship kku vayasa mukkiyam )

Intha mari innum neriya irrukku... ellathiyum solli naan kolapuren nu ellarum solla vendam... Let everyone undertstand what I'm trying to say... then I will add more points.

2. A person who could be elder than us and possibly gone though the same set of things I go through and has the ability to explain how to handle situations (not advices) (amma, appa, akka, annan.. a elderly friend...
    sri,
    This sounds more like a mentor to me...someone u look upto to guide u...correcta??...so if i understand right a soulmate cud be a mentor too??

sri,
    This sounds more like a mentor to me...someone u look upto to guide u...correcta??...so if i understand right a soulmate cud be a mentor too??
    Well, So now you have name on that basis now or what?

Everyone one knows Soulmate could be anyone ... ithule puthusa nenga enna solla varinga...

I mean to say there could be more than one soulmates avlothan... I remember you said the same in one more topic and I replied :P.

I remember you said the same in one more topic and I replied .
    which topic was that??...& wat did i ask...refresh my memory sri...appuram i remember long time ago we had similar topic about soul mate...andha link kidiacha inge konjum podungo pls....appuram kelvi ketta bathil than varanum not another kelvi

which topic was that??...& wat did i ask...refresh my memory sri...appuram i remember long time ago we had similar topic about soul mate...andha link kidiacha inge konjum podungo pls....appuram kelvi ketta bathil than varanum not another kelvi
    Kelvi le pathi irrukalam le???

:? I am getting confused...or perhaps my definition of soul mate simply differs very much from that of others.

I guess we are all different and so we have different definitions.... :D

we come across may people in our lives....

some of these will touch our lives and souls and we will truly commune...and form a deep bond which is almost un-explainable in mere words.
    they are soul mates to me

others you form close relationships with...they enlighten your lives and are wonderful people...yet there still will be a certain distance....your souls may not be able to commune
    these are friends to me

then some you meet , greet and are thouroughly pleasant and charming people.
    yet they shall leave your lives with only a small indentation..may be a deep one but yet small
    they are aquaintances to me

all these people are highly valuable to me
    I do thrive on human relationships.

yet that elusive quality of a soul mate is only found in some "kindred spirits"

yes ...soul mate is a lot more than a face with a pretty smile.

blue.

Blue,
    neengo than theliva irukeengo...
    some of these will touch our lives and souls and we will truly commune...and form a deep bond which is almost un-explainable in mere words.
    they are soul mates to me
    makes a lot of sense to me ...but wanting more explanation ...or may be examples

enge indha sri...examples solla sona...kelvilaiye bathil solraru

appuram anainar enge???& also the rest of them...shy,priyam,unique,silic an,tinker,karki,all the poets of geetham ...ellam enge poitango...good topic to discuss guys

Sorry for the very very late reply Sri !!!

Ok my thoughts abt this.

Before deciding who can be a soulmate, we have to finalize whom we think as soulmates and it may vary for each individual.

As per "my" definition, a soul mate is a person who makes ur life complete. I mean we have some emptyness, holes in our life. A person stepping into ur life if they are making ur life complete, then thats ur soulmate. I mean a person who can connect all dots in our life and make life come back to life !!

Give 2 options, lets see who can make that possible.

(1) Friend - There can be a very close friend with whome we share all our secrets and have no boundaries about what we discuss. It seems they are more like a person whom we are comfortable sharing our innerthoughts, secrets. But do they make our life complete?Do they make us feel that having them in life is all we need. Do we have a relation with them where they are no boundaries? I think the answer is no, coz a friend can be only a best friend- most important we have a limit, if u know what I mean.

(2) Lover - Name is bit ofway, should have been partner or something. Anyway, they do make our life complete, but yet we have some questions. Are we open to them as we are to our close friend. Does that mean we arent soul mates. No. Being frank and open to ur close friend is different from hiding some things with ur lover. In a friend-friend relationship we are not committed and hence no responsibility. Thus u can take ur minds off to ur close friend whatever u think, ur fantasy, ur little secrets etc. But being with lover meaning u are in a committed relationship and we are in a position to tell things or withhold certain things which the other person might feel offended or hurt. But i say this is in the initial stage only. The more u start knowing ur lover/partner, the more u feel relaxed and the more u can be transparent. so at one point of ur knowing them they will be ur close friend as well as ur lover, thus being everything for u. Being with this person is what makes u as a whole person where all ur feelings are touched and u be who u are!!

So conclusion, A soulmate can be only ur true love, ur life partner, ur lover

More to come as we proceed!!

Shy
    I Geetham

Pattams,

I went in search of my soulmate.

I seem to be out of sync with the soulmate concept. Why should life be empty in the first place? And how can some one come and fill that hole? And why should it be only lover?

I agree to a large extent with blue. We meet different people at different time and go through life with them. We all have a tough time when leaving friends at school. Then our college friends at which time we feel so depressed. But we make new friends along the way and move on. Only very few stick on to our lives continuously. Only such people cross the boundary to some extent but we dont reveal our dark sides to them either. Same is true with siblings and parents.

One who crosses this also is wife/husband for sure. But whether she/he can be soulmate is debatable. Many marriages are more of convenience rather than real sense of belonging. There are many things that are left alone between spouses too for the fear of losing them. When that fear comes, you are no longer yourself. So, while spouse becoming a soul mate a distinct possibility, it not necessarily is.

But one being a soulmate oneself is a sure shot. It might sound selfish, but that is not. Being true to oneself is an achivement. Standing by ones beliefs, irrespective of consequences requires strength. That strength does not have to come from others or soulmates. It can be from within. In that case, himself/herself is the soulmate..

Does it look convoluted? May be, but this is wisdom that is gathered over 1/3rd of a human life.:P :P.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anainar
    But one being a soulmate oneself is a sure shot. It might sound selfish, but that is not. Being true to oneself is an achivement. Standing by ones beliefs, irrespective of consequences requires strength. That strength does not have to come from others or soulmates. It can be from within. In that case, himself/herself is the soulmate..
    Enna sollureenga Sir..

Who is your soulmate, to me quite clearly implies, who is the other person...

Its like asking who is your tennis partner. I am sure my skill level, my endurance, my interest in tennis is EXACTLY matched by.. ME !! But, I can't be my own tennis partner.. :P :P

No matter how much you stand on your own beliefs, and on your own feet, and NOT involve with another soul in sight, no man can be an Island. To share your joy and cry on some ones shoulders, to laugh at a joke and share a cuppa... From those simple things to lot more 'soul' stuff, you, me and every one need at least one more person.

He/She/They are NOT completing you, in the sense of you being empty and they fill you up sorta thing. But more like, the game of life is better played when some one serves from the other end, and you stand here to recieve it... You match them well, the game is interesting. You match them poorly, it will be like me against Roddick (or Kournikova... ) No rhythm, no nothing...

I don't know if this is wisdom, but some ideas generated over 80 % of a human life..

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Shy
    2) Lover - Name is bit ofway, should have been partner or something.
    May be bit off - but definitely has a nice and naughty little ring to it.. :P :P :P I love it..

Secret, clandestine, undercover, lover is my soul mate.. Whew.. No wonder I said, you should have many soulmates..

just a crazy thursday, folks.. :P

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Vasan,

You do get machines that will serve for you and that is the way professionals get trained

My point is, getting a perfect soulmate is highly impossible( or improbable ) and we are forced into a soulmate thing. We dont need a soulmate in the first place. There is no need to feel bad if we dont have one. Between spouses it is a matter of convenience. Whether one talks their innerself to their spouse is debatable. It is this precondition that makes spouses to be over inquisitive about each other. If we accept that it need not be the case, it opens a new dimension.

One can seek solace in onself by detaching himself/herself from the situation. Well, that cannot happen physically but hey, when did any one say a soulmate has to be physical??

Cheers

Anainar.. life complete and having holes na... Certain feelings u cant have on urself.. but with someone that u can share. u can enjoy all u want.. But ur life is complete when u enjoy or feel all a person is supposed to feel. I dont think being urself and ur own soulmate u can do that. Soulmate - A person who u build ur life around. A person who isnt an attachment in ur life. But ur life itself. I wont agree that one can become oneself's soulmate.

Being ur own soul's soulmate, It can never be possible. Whatever u said, like being true to urself doesnt mean u are soulmate. Thats ur character. Also neenga sonathu ellam innoru person kita solrathu thaan soulmatenum artham ellai. I think we are mixing many things here. I think it will be better first if we all say whats the definition for soulmate. Appuram friend or loverkku pogalaam :D okvaa

Shy
    I Geetham

yes we are mixing too many things together here!!

a soul mate is a "kindred spirit"
    they do not have to complete you.

In fact you should be complete already at your age

soul mate is another person...I'm sorry you can't be your own mate...well I don't think so anyway
    (Vasan got it in one )

I have defined friends and soulmate already ....
    lover, does it really require a definition

blue.

Why not guys? There are cases of split personalities abound. For that matter me myself have two distinct characteristics and that throws every one around me in a tizzy. They are all confused which nainar is present.

And I dont get drawn into the soulmate-wife thing also. Wife does not need to know what husband think on many things. Same is true with her. She does not have to tell the husband all the time what she thinks. They need to come to agreement on common things. Rest is upto them to decide what to share and what not to. So how can wife be a soulmate?

With friends you do discuss many things and I dont believe many of us discuss our romantic life. Romance being a big part of a young/mature adult's life, that leaves a big gap according to the definition. So, what you say folks for this argument?

Cheers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast