8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Can be a Friend.

6 75.00%
  • Definetely a Lover.

2 25.00%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Soul Mate

Wife or husband can be one of your soul mates or not...that depends totally whther your souls are able to commune on that deeper level

being soul mates doesn't mean that you will make good life partners either !!

Multiple personality disorders ...do not count!!
    When ppl are confused by your behaviour they may joke abt it...but really it's just your hormones playing up
    mood swings anainar

*cough, cough* romantic life, football, Iraq, world, chocolate, ....I discuss it all
    not a problem......

but yea, they are things which are far more closer to ones heart ...
    deep inner thoughts that you may not share with anyone but those most special "souls"

blue.

vango anainar & shy
    shy wrote,
    I think it will be better first if we all say whats the definition for soulmate. Appuram friend or loverkku pogalaam okvaa
    This is wat I have been saying shy

Yeah.. But not enough.... Such a thing has already been discussed and some consensus arrived by Vasan (who else.. He is the one who is always confused!) and his friend-in-confusion Bleu Cheese..

Read back older posts.. pleeeeaach..

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

I would say Husband & Wife na... Soul Partners or Soul Relatives....

In reality such husband and wife can end only in singular term "Soul".

Soul Mates can be friends athukku than possibilties jasthi.... ippa enna sollurenga?

Intha lovers ellam solumate catchy term a irrukunu vathu ottikiranga ithan reality...

some ppl have tried to define "soul mate" in this thread:
    http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewto...t=1876&start=0

might be worth looking at

yaaru yaaruku "soul mate" ingha...

aama soul mate yara irrukannum solungo pls.......ennakum idhu sandeghaam ....baiya rombha thanks topic panadhukku ........

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelotus
    some ppl have tried to define "soul mate" in this thread:
    http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewto...t=1876&start=0

might be worth looking at

Amma its really worth looking at it... Innum neriya per appo pesi irrunthanga.... articles ellam kuda irruku.. cross reference kku use pannalam.... :D.

Life, Love, Soul mate! All three different items. Do you have to live with your soulmate through out your life? not necessarily? Do you have to love your soulmate? Possibly. Do you enjoy being with your soulmate? Definitlely. Does life require a soulmate? Not necessarily.
    Surprisingly I am being consistent in my arguments then also. :P :P :P. My split personality did not work its magic in this topic.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Soul mates are a blessings ...maybe a blessing disguise sometimes ...
    I do love my soul mates, enjoy their company ...and miss then terribly....an dfeel so blessed to have those special kindred pirits in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollypop
    yaaru yaaruku "soul mate" ingha...

aama soul mate yara irrukannum solungo pls.......ennakum idhu sandeghaam ....baiya rombha thanks topic panadhukku ........
    It can be anyone Lolly. It can be a best friend, it can be the flower seller , it can be the hunk in the coffee shop , it can be siblings or parent....

It all depends with whose soul your soul communes
    (commune ...I mean gets very close to you are able to understand and support each other and a lot more stuff ...
    and for goodness sake girly go read "Anne of Green Gables" I am quite surprised you haven't read it )

Yes Anainar ..very consistent

Sri,
    let me ask you a question...for you're the author of both threads on the subject...
    what is the importance of a soul mate?
    for as Anainar has pointed out...one doesn't necessarily require a soul mate...

blue.

Sri,
    let me ask you a question...for you're the author of both threads on the subject...
    Ok... The importance of soul mate is to experience the feeling there is a possible way to communicate with one with no restrictions what so ever.

As Anainar pointed out, there are people leas bothered in knowing this .. there are people even further least bothered about what anainar said itself.

Lets say we toss a coin... 90% people love to see head or tails

In my perspective, I will like to see a lot.. for example a few:

1. How the head part of coin looks like?

2. How the tail part of coin looks like?

3. If one person says it will be tail, why says that, how he says that?

4. What does the tosser think at this time?

I will have zillions of question for tossing a coin itself, think about how importance I would have had for the same topic in difference directions :D.

In simple terms I want to Learn what is that, these are not written in books, we can learn only by experience and thats important to me :D.

Quote Originally Posted by sri_gan
    Sri,
    Ok... The importance of soul mate is to experience the feeling there is a possible way to communicate with one with no restrictions what so ever.

As Anainar pointed out, there are people leas bothered in knowing this .. there are people even further least bothered about what anainar said itself.

Lets say we toss a coin... 90% people love to see head or tails

In my perspective, I will like to see a lot.. for example a few:

1. How the head part of coin looks like?

2. How the tail part of coin looks like?

3. If one person says it will be tail, why says that, how he says that?

4. What does the tosser think at this time?
    ...etc...

I will have zillions of question for tossing a coin itself, think about how importance I would have had for the same topic in difference directions :D.

In simple terms I want to Learn what is that, these are not written in books, we can learn only by experience and thats important to me :D.
    Illa Sri, neengha kudutha badhil enn kelviyin badhil illai. :?

You just told me why you want to know about soul mates, and that inquisitiveness is an inherent part of your nature.

yes ... to Misquote Oscar Wilde....one should remember that not all things wotrth learning will be taught...expereince is a greater teacher than text books. I agree with u. And an innate inquisitiveness or curiosity will certainly help you along your learning curve. :D

....but....you did not answer my question.

:?

blue.

To be honest, I need to learn to give its importance correcta? Thats why I explain why I had two different topics... Does this answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Sri
    To be honest, I need to learn to give its importance correcta? Thats why I explain why I had two different topics... Does this answer your question?
    so really you are unsure of what is the importance of a soul mate...

btw...I did not ask for any explanation on why you opende thos 2 topics...

It is interesting how although they (the 2 threads) are different, ppl are still trying so very hard to define soul mates.

are we so bent on definitions these days ...that even if a soul mate stood infront of us, we would not know it?

I myself am unsure of the importance of a soul mate

however, I would like to think that I do appreciate them...strange is it not?

I do agree with the idea that there may be a whole "tribe" of Kindred spirits out there.
    And I do not believe that one's partner should be a soul mate for a successful romantic relationship.
    (and as a side track I do not belive that there is only one right person for each and everyone of us ...point of view romantic relationship....otherwise how ca ppl fall in love sooo many times)

Would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction ...so that I may find the answer to my question :D

blue.

What is the importance of soul mate?

Say, you recognize the importance of one (or a few) soul mates. It would be worthwhile - and imperative - to pursue relationships to deeper level of intimacy.

If it is NOT worthwhile or important, why not treat men and women - like jolly pets or cars? Good as long as it lasts... No need to invest more than necessary.

The intensity, effort, time, and the amount of give and take - to pursue and persevere a meaningful 'soulmatey' relationship - is only worth it, if its really that important. Hence the question and musings.....

Does this answer your question, Bleu ?

Vasan

ps: Is it possible to have a plant as your soulmate? I am espcially attached to a plant I started growing since yesterday.... It grows, and grows on me.. :P
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Bleu
    I myself am unsure of the importance of a soul mate

however, I would like to think that I do appreciate them...strange is it not?
    Nothing strange.. I appreciate a bowl of strawberries with chocolate, though I would be hard pressed to consider its importance..

Nah.. not strange at all.. What is strange would be to understand how important it is and yet not appreciate it.. Kinda like education. I know how important it is to study.. I can't seem to appreciate it... Gotta go crank up the numbers..
    Short Measures

Quote Originally Posted by vasan
    What is the importance of soul mate?

Say, you recognize the importance of one (or a few) soul mates. It would be worthwhile - and imperative - to pursue relationships to deeper level of intimacy.

If it is NOT worthwhile or important, why not treat men and women - like jolly pets or cars? Good as long as it lasts... No need to invest more than necessary.

The intensity, effort, time, and the amount of give and take - to pursue and persevere a meaningful 'soulmatey' relationship - is only worth it, if its really that important. Hence the question and musings.....

Does this answer your question, Bleu ?

Vasan

ps: Is it possible to have a plant as your soulmate? I am espcially attached to a plant I started growing since yesterday.... It grows, and grows on me.. :P

Vasan,

I expend so much time and energy on so many ppl...
    I'd like to think that I do not treat ppl as cars

I do try my best to get to know ppl to the extent that they wish to be known by myself....with some I reach a level of intimacy that I cherish ...with others a distance is maintained according to both our wishes...

(pets..well they can too be soul mates can't they ...if plants can....I talk to my dying plants might be why they wanna die )

now I am going to claim o be thouroughly confused
    Vasan ...I don't get it

(btw...I do thank God for the soul mates I have ...and for the future kindred spirits I shall hopefully meet on my long journey....yet I question the importance of a soul mate ...I must be completely GAGA )

blue.

Blue,

You treat cars better than humans?

You already have many soulmates? And still dont know the importance? Either your are totally confused or need a serious session with a shrink.( Just kidding ).

Come on guys, you can accept a plant to be a soulmate, but not oneself as a soulmate. Is it mandatory that the two have to be sepeate physically?

When I am in distress, I talk to myself. The other person in me comes out and comforts me. Being alone does not bother me at all in any circumstances. And never felt the need for a soulmate. So, there is no need to force yourself to believe you need a soulmate. Live life as it is without being forced into some thing fictious hoping it is going to make your life better. If there is some thing that can make your life better, it is you and you only. So, admit it, that one can be one's own soulmate.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

So, admit it, that one can be one's own soulmate.

Cheers
    Sir..

A 'mate' means two or more. Roommate, cotmate, classmate, teammate.. whatever.. It ONLY refers to the group of people. Why ever should then we change it for soulmate?

I agree a person may love/commune with himself/herself more if he/she chooses to do so... But that ain't no soulmate.

On the other hand some virtual plants, grown with affection and loads of love and sweet talk... Now that can be soulmate.. Bleu cheese would know.. :P

Vasan
    Short Measures

can one compare a spider maserati with a human being ?
    just kidding

yea yea ... wondering if I can get free sessions with a Geetham shrink

Anainar...
    Communing with oneself is different from doing so with another soul...you cannot be your own mate.

The reason why I question the importance of a soul mate...is that they are not necessary.
    Hence why for instance you do not feel the need ofr one.
    Soul mates and kindred spirits are not like oxygen and water....they are luxury items like strawberries and cream

cheering you along

blue.

wat & who is ur soul mate

I agree with Blue's understanding of soul mate

we come across may people in our lives....

some of these will touch our lives and souls and we will truly commune...and form a deep bond which is almost un-explainable in mere words.
    they are soul mates to me
    we go thru different phases of life

as a kid...everyone had imaginery friends...its a natural process...is that friend a child's soul mate??...it cud be...coz the child connects to that imaginery friend....but once the child starts growing & meets other kids & starts school...this imaginary friend disappears...coz he/she learns to trust another soul & learns to connect...thgh anainar i agree its easier to have that imaginary friend still

as we get older...we meet different ppl in our life...some we call friends...but some best friends...Y the difference...its coz we connect easily to just few...& out of those best friends u find connecting to may be just 1 or 2...& its them I wud call soulmates

How do u know the difference
    A soul mate is someone who knows u so well...that he/she will tell u exactly wat is in ur mind before u speak....he/she will fight u for the right cause..& be there to support u too...he/she is the one u can fight & go to bed peacefully knowing he/she will be there to greet u first thing in the morning....this person is someone u catch urself sharing ur fears...u find that person is a part of u or ur identity or alter ego watever term u give to that relationship....but the best part is it has nothing to do with Romance...u find the relationship is more of an angel guiding u & watching over u...u may talk to this person everyday...or may be once a month...but the best part is u know he/she is always there & can be approached anytime ...u dont need permission with ur soulmate..but in other relationships u might have to think twice before u talk

Then comes the major part in ones Life...marriage....where 2 ppl connect in everyway...its a special bond which forms right frm the time u meet the person ur going to marry...something in ur heart tells u this is the person u want to be with...is it one soul recognising the other??? I dunno ...this is the time when ur friend soulmate plays an important role...& once ur married its like u have known eachother for long time...thats Y u find all married women saying their husband is their soulmate ....coz the souls connect so well...for eg u find ur hus/wife saying things in ur mind...u might be busy but very thirsty...& there he stands with water in his hands...like he read ur mind ...if it wasnt the soul's talking to eachother how wud he know his wife is thirsty??...call it spiritual or magical but it happens

Parents,Brothers & sisters becoming soulmates...I dont believe in it...coz they are connected to eachother by blood...so its easier to know eachother & understand eachother

Guess i have written enough .......hmm do i need a shrink or have i become one

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast