What are you watching now??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching now??

Default What are you watching now??

Similar to the "what are you reading now??" Thread.

please share your views on mvies that you have recently watched or were very impressed by.

be it the new Harry Potter or an oldie like "bell, book and candle"

It would be so nice if you could share with us your thoughts and feelings about various movies and perhaps even recommend your absolute favourites.

I suppose I am asking you to talk abouit your viewing habits.

I haven't seen that many Tamil movies or Hindi movies.
    The majority of movies I watch are purely selected for their entertainement value, and mostly animated .

Although from time to time I have amazed myself by viewing "arty" movies.

Saw Shrek 2 recently.
    It was good fun. Slightly more adult than the last I feel. Found Shrek's ( mel gibson's) ever changing accent very disturbing though
    it was good overall...loved the cat (voiced by antonio banderas).

will let you know abt other movies later.

more interested in your views and viewing habits :D

Blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Saw Shrek 2 recently.
    It was good fun. Slightly more adult than the last I feel. Found Shrek's ( mel gibson's) ever changing accent very disturbing though it was good overall...loved the cat (voiced by antonio banderas).

will let you know abt other movies later.

Blue.
    Bleu... give me five..

I saw Shrek only last week.. (Can't believe how far back I have slid.. )

BTW, since when did Mel voice for Shrek... So far as I know the only cartoon for which Mel provided voice was for Chicken Run.. (Rooster.. :P) It was Mike Myers, dudette.. Mike - Austin Powers - Myers...

Don't know if Troy will be in theaters until I see it.. Gotta see the boy Wizard.. And ofcourse, come june 30th, meet the friendly neighbourhood character.. (gotta crush on his Jane, to be honest.. :P :P)..

Missed many other good ones too... Lowest point of my life.. So many good movies, and so little time..

Vasan

ps: Shouldn't we also start a thread on what are we listening, and discuss moooooosikkk? thinkin...
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

oh.. caught a rerun of Bridget Jones on TV... Was mostly chuckling at the bumbling but beautiful Renee.. She did very well... :P :P

Remembered Bleu too, as I was watching the movie... Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver.. what say, Blues? So far as I know the only person who has a 'crush' on Firth is.... well, you know who.. :P :P

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

sorry

Certainly Vasan you get five

Troy was wicked !!
    totally a differnt spin from Homer's storyline but it was awesome
    or should I say I was very impressed with : Hector, Achilles and Paris :P :P :P :P

so like has anyone seen "Bell, Book and candle" ?

OH yeah !!
    We should have a smilie for drooling :P :P :P :P :P

I loved Bridget Jones

and Firth and hugh were absolutely scrumptious.

Has anyone seen "Love actually" again with the two handsome dudes ?

Blue.

PS: sure music thread would be totally kewl

I am not a ardent movie watcher in theater but watch a lot of moves at home in DVD. Watched Passion and then Day After tomorrow in the last month. Day after tomorrow was so-so, not so impressive. I really want to see Troy but it is running only at 8:00 pm show. So, need to really schedule..

Of the movies that I watched recently, Last Samurai impressed me a lot for the storyline and slick production. Soundtrack was awesome. The other one was Terrorist - tamil movie. I was never a fan of animated movies but watched Ice Age in HBO and got hooked. Need to go watch Shrek2. Summer is here and is the best time for outdoor games. So little time for theaters.. :P :P

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

I saw last samurai tooo... Even better than the sound track, I loved the camera work.. gosh.. they really really captured the beautiful landscape.. those cherry blossoms.. Unbelievable..

Love actually was hilarious.. I liked it very much.. Though the movie had a million characters, and each a small part, some how the movie fit very well... Inspite of Hugh and Firth, and Emma and others being typecast in their std roles, the movie so enjoyable...

But hey, for those ten mins of screen time with Keira.. Dude, I will can put up with 10 hrs of Firth and Grant... Keira was sooo sooo adorable. I burst out laughing when her husbands friend comes calling singing Carols, and shows her a slideshow of his letter.. well imagined.. (gotta say, much better than, singing and dancing in imaginary lands.. :P :P)

kewwwl guys..

vasan
    Short Measures

a couple of weeks ago, saw Shrek 2. Awesome movie. great lighting works. (Guys do you know tht it was done by a Tamil lady) and then 13 going on 30. Tht was a stupid movie. waiting to see Garfield and then Dodge-ball.

Silican
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

Garfield is not worth watching...even if you are a fan of Garfield cartoons....pretty boring...
    Shrek 2 was god but not as good as Shrek1...

And Day after Tomorrow was an OK movie...but the scene where the water comes into the lower Manhattan crossing the Liberty statue was simply awesome....Other than that that girl was quite cute....(Could not help noting it...)...I have a query, is he the same person who acted in American Beauty ....Talking about American Beauty, that was a very good movie....

Then, I saw "The thief of Baghdad"..quite interesting..(see I am a chinna Paiyan..)

I have the DVD of "The Apartment" and "The closet", Had got no time to watch them...Any idea?...

i have been watching Friends season 1 - 10 for the past one week .It is one of the reason which keeps geetham at bay

Its so ironic i have started to enjoy the sitcom after its completion . Now all i do is watch again the episodes ..
    Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing their idiot (re: George W. Bush)

I loved Ice age ...that was a great movie. shrek 1 was beter than shrek 2...although i loved the soundtrack of S2

Toy story 1 and 2 were good too...Cinderella2 was terrible...it was more like watching a cartoon

I hear they may be a sequel to "love actually" but I seriously doubt it...however I would be more than happy to watch it if the cast is pretty much the same

Madhu you're not the only one who keeps watching reruns of Friends.
    :? but are you saying you didn't like it b4 interesting

American Beauty made you think...it was a good movie...for some reason the scene with the plastic bag floating in the air is the one I remember the most clearly

I liked lost in translation...a very scary movie I thought ...

trying to watch Bowling for Columbine...but can't seem to watch it without stopping it every 5 mins

Blue.

blueeee .....

the irony was referred to finale episode.. i used watch friends but not regularly ... But after watching the finale i became crazy about friends and started watching from season one

I have queued up "along came polly" for this week end
    Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing their idiot (re: George W. Bush)

I liked lost in translation...a very scary movie I thought ...
    Scary...interesting.... the movie is a very classy movie which delineates the fine thread of pure friendship between the two...I liked the movie very very much...

Btw, any idea abou the "The Apartment" or " The closet".

Bowling for Columbine 2002 Michael Moore.

An interesting film, indeed!
    whether it is truly a documentaryis up to each one of us t decide. Moore is certainly a great "host/reporter/narrator" (whatever you call that guy . He draws you in almost nonchalantly with his witt and charm. His concern for poor and black America is very touching. The inclusion of his own love affair with the "gun" most efective. Yet I cannot help but feel slightly suspicious...is this guy for real? after all he too is American...and a WASP at that. :?
    What does he want to achieve with this movie?
    The film rises some very important issues that USA and all its citizens should spend time actually considering in depth.
    Violence in school and the high number of gun possessing Americans, with soaring crime levels... a terrible blight for any society...and for one who never stops from sticking its nose in the affairs of others...a warning I suppose.
    Mind you the USA's human rights record is porbly a lot more dodgy than that of Turkey
    It is however very biased. I got the feeling that all he was doing was finding as much mud he as possible on Republican supporting WASPs ...might be wrong of course
    Is charlton Heston truly so lacking in comon curtesy and really so heartless :? ? Or were we just sunjected to Moore's clever editing skills.

Either way USA is one scary place to be ...ALMOST as scary as war torn Iraq (pronounced eerak )
    and Canada a heaven on earth.....is it Milton's "Paradise Lost" one wonders ... yeah right !
    (but do these ppl really not lock there doors
    The scene with the young boy emptying his trousers of all ammunitions...was hilarious...what child would even bother carrying so much weaponry the ones I know r more into playing the latest Nintendo or whatever than live weapons.

------------------------------------------------

Friends ...finale...was a bit of a disapointment.
    too much hype....too much expectations...it just wasn't very good
    but this is one series I shall treasure....spend so many years watching it...they really feel like my own friends...I almost know them like the back of my hands...
    10 yrs of my life .... ahhh still remember the different haircuts a la Rachel ..and Matt le Blanc such a cutie

-----------------------------------------------
    Lost in translation was scary ...'cos of the way it portrayed married life ...
    you had two different scenarios...young newly wed and old married couple...
    both were experiecing discontent
    but it was a great movie...I enjoyed very much.
    Must go visit Japan b4 I get too old to see the cherry blossoms

have not heard of the appartment or the closet...but I have heard of the "indian in the cupboard" didn't see it though...but have read the book..although ...can't remember much abt it.

Does anyone remember the "Secret Garden"??
    one of my favourites....loved the book even more so.

Has anyone seen Goodbye Lenin?
    saw it all in german...interesting movie..definitely worth watching ...or in my case to watch it again with subtitles

anyone wanna talk abt Tamil movies...feel free to do so :D

Blue.

I lurve movies...I'm going to lurve this thread!

English
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Harry Potter --> Haven't seen it yet. I've been hearing great things from people. I'm hoping to finish the book by the time they pull it off the theaters. Do you think it is necessary for me to finish the book before the movie?

Troy --> Saw it...loved it! I thought direction could have been better (the 5 minites Achilles spent calling out Hectors name was totally not needed). I thought Hector did the best job. Anyhoo.. I'll settle for 3 hours of Brad pitt anyday

Ice Age--> Hilarious!

Shrek 2 --> I didn't like shrek1 so I didn't bother seeing shrek 2. Do you guys think 2 is better than 1?

Bowling for Columbine --> Haven't seen it. Honestly I'm a little afraid to go see it. I was really disturbed by that incident and I'm not sure if I want to watch it analysed by someone like Micheal Moore.

Friends --> Really enjoyed the series in the begining. The jokes weren't as funny near the end. Also, i couldn't keep up with all the realtionships...got too confusing for my wittle brain

Secret Garden --> loved the book...loved the movie (B&W and color versions) Something about the garden being both eerie and beautiful at the same time mystifies me. Ahhh now I feel like watching it!! Has anyone seen 'A little princess'? I got the same vibe from that movie too.

The Terminal --> Saw it last weekend. It was really quite funny. I didn't expect a movie like that from spielberg. The story wasn't that believable but I have to say it was interesting. It was almost like another 'Cast Away'..only this time Tom Hanks isn't stranded in some island far from civilization but stranded in the busiest airport in the world.

Tamil
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The last movie I saw was Bhagavathy. I am not a fan of Vijay, but in this movie, I thought he showed a glimpse of his acting ability. I was really moved when holds his dying brother.

Last month I say 'parthale paravasam' (I know...I'm a little behind) I really like it! The songs were really good too.

Hindi
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of the Hindi movies I've seen this past year have been dissappointing to say the least. The only ones that stick out in my mind are 'Kal Ho Na Ho', 'Koi Mil Gaya', 'Baaghban'

Kal Ho Na Ho--> Even if you are not into Hindi movies...I highly recommend you watch this movie. The story is about a indian family living in New York. It has a fresh look, story is moving, comedy is actually funny and the actors have done a great job. I think the director tried to make it in the style of 'Friends'...i think he has done a pretty good job.

Koi Mil Gaya --> I think this movie might be more than a year old...I just got a hold of the DVD. I'm glad that the movie was not about the same old ishq, pyar, mohabaat stuff. The movies is actually about an alien that befriends a boy who has a metnal development problem. I know...sounds a lot like ET right? Well yes...much of the story is like 'E.T.' It even has the flying bicycle scene. But still I enjoyed this movie because it was different!

Baaghban --> A really good family story. Its about parents who do everything for their kids, and when they get old, their kids don't want to look after them. Although, this storyline has been done many times, I was never moved so much by it. Seriously folks...if you are going to watch it...get yourself set with A lot of tissue boxes. Also, I really liked seeing the 'big B' Amitabh Bachan and Hema Malini act together again.

P.S. Vasan...maybe you should start that 'what are you listening to' thread ..

amma tha tha ... you may then rhapsodise abt Norah jones :D

Have not seen Little Princess but I adored the book...may be I should get hold of the movie.

WOW !!!
    I just saw one of the most AWESOME MOVIES of this year !!!

And didn't even have any gorgeous blokes in it
    "Day After Tomorrow"
    is amazingly mind blowing...I am so blown away by it...that I cannot type coherent sentences to describe it ...let alone recall adjectives ...

go watch it ...if you haven't ...forget Troy ....yup I just said that me the Brad Pitt Fan
    Cor !! that movie was scary ...such great special effects....
    and the French Lady still stood ...a symbol of the constancy in a sea of turmoil...holding her torch high ...a symbol of Humanity's redoubtable ability to survive !

pls somebody go watch quick...I want to hash it out pls pls pls

Oh yes I saw HP 3 as well
    loved the Hypogriff
    but that is soo passe compared to "day after tomorrow"

blue.

Blue,

What is up? Going gooo-gooo-gaaa- gaaa over Day AFter tomorrow? Because it shows some British scientist? I did watch the movie and would put in the so-so category. Not so mindboggling. What did you like the most in the movie? The ice/snow? Come to Iowa in Jan and I can show you how a car can be hidden in 6 feet snow. Snow does not scare us. It makes us wary. I have driven my car in blizzard with 1 feet of unplowed snow on the road.

I did not watch Troy yet. May be this week will schedule and watch. I have my saturday/sunday booked for Federer-Andy-Maria trio. Should be able to watch on Sunday evening.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

did we see the same film here

we are talking major cataclismic weather changes not 6feet of snow during winter.
    'cor six feet of snow?? wow!

the most I've seen is probly 5 inches

I liked all the weather bits of the movie.

... give me time to write it out in a cohesive-making-sense-type way

--------------------------------

Well Troy ... didn't just go to see it 'cos of Homer
    it was a good interpretation... although if you have read Homer's work ...obvioulsy you will find many differences...

and the Trojan war lasted 10 years...so of course ...a couple hours is not enough...but I felt it did capture the essence of it all...

definitely a different perspective from that of Homer...who seemd to have been more biased towards the Greeks than the Trojans
    will say though ...that Helen wasn't all that Briseis, on the other hand was most handsome

do see it if you can :D

blue.

Gotta see On the Water Front.. What makes Brando, Brando? His Streetcar is mind boggling.. Tennesse williams screeplay was great tooo..

Can you believe I have not seen Harry and his Naughty Bunch yet? This weekend !!
    However that leaves me no time for Spidey and MJ... and Terminal...

Want to see King Arthur .. the delicate Ms. Knightely..

Vasan
    Short Measures

Anjali!

Great movie but oh so sad! :P :P :P

OHhh the "amma amma" scene...I couldn't stand it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast