What are you watching now?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching now??

Just saw this weekend - for the umpteenth time... Butch cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and the Sting.. woo.. :P :P :P

Paul Newman and Robert Redford.. man alive.. These two are terrific.. The way Butch laughs when Sundance tells him he can't swim.. I don't believe any one could laugh such a wonderful, ridiculing laugh, so full of mirth.. :P :P

Wonderful films.. :P Newman & Redford in Sting make Clooney/Pitt/Damon look like couple of school boys.. Effortless charm and screen presence.. :P

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Watched Bowling for columbine for the 5 time pbbly. Also watched the barbershop , it was a good time pass.

Also watched clerks for probably the 7 or 8 th time. I love kevin smith movies
    Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech....

Dear friends,
    I watched 'Kal Ho Nao Ho' film recently acted by Sharuk Khan, Preity Zinta and many others.
    I watched seriously the scenes where Sharu is interfering in many matters for the good sake of others! But, at last he is dying!
    Good film to watch!
    Thanks

so you fellas had a chance to see lost in translation ??

if not you are not missing a lot maybe a little :P

decent movie, had a nice flow to it. but watching two disoriented people
    talk abut relationships made me go bananas
    just was waiting for the two to either get out of each other's way
    or go thro' it all the way...
    the former happenned thou' only at the way end.
    quite a bizarre potrayal

now i know why bill murray was nominated for oscar for this role.
    quite a stud ! :P

I quite liked Lost in translation I thought it was deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep man

vic we need to have a talk one of these days on what makes a stud :wink bill murray isn't one..and neither is Abbas
    now young Kamal wasn't half bad

Aboorva raagam
    interesting movie. music was good.
    typical ending though....no one got together cause they're so scared of what society would think/say blabber

kinda creepy how the dad ends up with the daughter and the mum with the son ...seemed a bit more than coincidence.. weird twist of fate.

did bairavi love her ex more than Prasanna? was it love or lust? or just lack of companions?
    Did Ranjini fall in love wth that old decrepid dude cos of some electra complex, was she looking for a father figure?

I liked it...it was certainly interesting...and the way it was filmed was
    giving each character monologues to express their fears and feelings....not giving too much detail....
    did that old man really love ranjini? I doubt it ....it seemed that he truly wanted a companion and nothing more...he seems to be the type to only love once....

wasn't bairavi going to commit bigamy in her mind...when she agreed to marry Prasanna?
    after all she's the one who said that while Rajinikanth was alive she wasn't a wife...but when he died she became a widow....

what would have happened if that newspaper advert had nevr been printed

right...the next movie ....better a be a comedy
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Quote Originally Posted by ferny
    I lurve movies...I'm going to lurve this thread!
    Same from me.. I luv watching lots of movies though i am no fan of English movies..

Thamizh

I have more preferrence to movies which are feel good ones and which tend to make you feel happy. In that way, I loved lot of Vijay's movies becoz they're that way - feel good ones (Kushi, Priyamanavale, Friends, Thirumalai, Ghilli, etc). But the movie which really touched me was Kadaluku Mariyadhai. An amazing love story!

Hindi

Lots of movies impress me!! I am a big fan of SRK and Salman! I luv almost all SRK movies with my favorites being Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, K3G, Main Hoon Na. I also liked Amitabh's Baghban and Hrithik's Kaho Na Pyar hai (the one of the only 2 good movied from the junior Roshan!)
    [center:6915408954]http://home.earthlink.net/~srini_ana...-animation.gif[/center:6915408954]

watching "hey dude wheres the party " one of the best high school comedy . worth watching once.Has any one watched this movie "maya" . Its one of the disturbing movies of child abuse .

I watched BLACK. great movie. very good acting my all the 3 characters.. A must watch one

shy
    I Geetham

Saw a different movie last night - 'Graduate' an old movie of the 60's featuring Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft. Dustin Hoffman looks too young then and cant beleive this is the guy who plays the Focker now. The movie outline is, one young Dustin gets back home after finishing his Degree and in that party his dad's business partner's wife (Anne Bancroft)asks him to take her home. This young guy who is confused abt his future falls a prey to her seduction and ends up sleeping with her. The trouble he lands into and his love for Anne's daughter and the climax. Dialogues were chisel sharp and the background score was perfect.

Movie somewhat reminded me of 'Aburva Ragam'.

- Silix
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

I want to watch maya..

Watched swades and it was ok ok , if ppl are interested we can release it here. Also watched the little terrorist that goes for oscar from India and it was good..

black isnt going for oscar tinker???

shy
    I Geetham

Shy

I don't think black is going for oscar , or maybe it did and didn't qualify.

This movie littleterrorist was pretty good and it was played to perfect by the cast. I think it has a chance to get an oscar although 7:35 In the morning or 2 cars 1 night might get the nod.

-Tinker

acho... alzheimer's pathi ithu varaikkum padam ellam yaedukalai, so oru nalla effect irukumnu nenaichaenae..

little terrorist parkalai parkuraen.. but its not running in theaters now romba old padamoo

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by Shy
    acho... alzheimer's pathi ithu varaikkum padam ellam yaedukalai, so oru nalla effect irukumnu nenaichaenae..

little terrorist parkalai parkuraen.. but its not running in theaters now romba old padamoo

Shy
    Little terrorist is a short 15 minute movie. Its not out on theathres and its a new one. Let me know if you want I will give it to you in MSN.

Also , Black is pbbly a 2005 movie right ? It will go for next years oscar if it was released this year.

-Tinker

so sweet.... thanks ji.. yes love to watch it..

Aama now I remember, yes appo for next year pogalaam i guess

Shy
    I Geetham

Upload Little Terrorist hereeeeeeeee peaaaaaaaaaach!!

Wait a tick. Is that the movie on the little kids (bro and sis) who go around lookin' at all those mines and whatnot?
    Over and out.

"Catch me if you can"
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Quite a while since Ive seen good movies, the last few months. Has any of you seen Rodney Dangerfield's Back To School(came in mid 80s i suppose), freaking hilarious movie. A millionaire goes to under-graduate school with his 20 year old son. Though the final half hour of the story is pretty usual, but until then its too good...the way he pesters the instructors, does his assignments, renovates the dorm room. defenitely worth the watch.
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Quite a while since Ive seen good movies, the last few months. Has any of you seen Rodney Dangerfield's Back To School(came in mid 80s i suppose), freaking hilarious movie. A millionaire goes to under-graduate school with his 20 year old son. Though the final half hour of the story is pretty usual, but until then its too good...the way he pesters the instructors, does his assignments, renovates the dorm room. defenitely worth the watch.
    I too like all those teen comedies and Grad comedies. I watched Billy Madison 2 weeks back and it was almost the same. (Adam Sandler even sings that Back to School song in one scene) Not too funny but definitely enjoyable (for Bridgette Wilson ).

- Silix
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

Quote Originally Posted by silican
    Not too funny but definitely enjoyable (for Bridgette Wilson
    Its the stupidity of Billy Madison(Adam Sandler) that made the movie enjoyable. And Bridgette Wilson, aaha aaha :P :P she was hot!!! Is Back to School the first movie to have the last half hour question session . Guess the same scene was copied onto Billy Madison, Bollywood version Munnabhai MBBS and the worst in Kollywood version of Vasoolraja MBBS.

There is one more comedy movie of a different genre thats repeated by TNT/TBS quite frequently called My Cousin Vinny. I love the last 1 hour court scenes of the movie, especially the scenes when Joe Pesci's girlfriend is in the witness box.
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast