Words of the Bible ! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Words of the Bible !

We are often troubled but not crushed; sometimes in doubt, but never in despair;
    Oh... Boy.. Tough to digest that one, right? Whoever would have thought that Paul could be in doubt, (but not in despair).... Fears, difficulties, and struggles are not my own monopoly...

Sometimes I do find it very hard to focus on eternity, and get very much bogged down by present. Plan something for future, and carefully construct your life to achieve whatever you have planned, and one fine morning everything is wiped out.. And its very hard. Can't say I have been too strong in faith.. Thats why this passage was a great comfort...

Thanks, ever ever so very much, Ferns.. Timely words, they are, indeed.. :P

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

where is the most famous matthew 5:8
    God love those whose hearts are pure

that is the most famous words of bible. always it is said during prayer
    and RC churches.

Yes bbabab,
    God does love the pure in heart...but its also nice to know he does Love the not perfect ones more to die for us...so we cud be saved

Genesis 2 -7
    The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

wanted to share something which made me think

one of my kutti friends had come over for sleep over...he was 3 when this happened...for bed time story we told him about God's creation of how God created adam...this kid was listening.slept & went home the next day...
    That evening his mom came home frm work...she was tired & was laying on the couch...he was bored & told his mom to play with him...his mom said i am tired let me lie down for few min...this boy goes & blows into his mom's nose & tells her let their be Life... now get up ....his mom was shocked of wat he was doing...to which he replied well its written in the bible

though it was a cute expression on the part of the kid...it made me realise how many times we are just living as dead ppl...we live for the sake of living...I realised we need that fresh breath often to bring us back to life...That breath cud be thru the words frm the bible...thru our friends,kids,family etc

though it was a cute expression on the part of the kid...it made me realise how many times we are just living as dead ppl...we live for the sake of living...I realised we need that fresh breath often to bring us back to life...That breath cud be thru the words frm the bible...thru our friends,kids,family etc
    Nice inspiration to start the day with pattams. I dont remember the exact verse and which book this verse comes in (nor the exact sentence)

"It is said, to enter the Gods kingdom, we should have an heart like the child"

How true are the words. Look at the kids faith in the bed time story you told him. He believed completely and it did work. How many of us have the faith like the kid had. This is just classic, awesome example of God working on our lives.

Thanks for sharing Pattams
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

View Geethamites' Best Pics

"And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,"
    -- Acts 9:11

Prayers are instantly noticed in heaven. The moment Saul began to pray the Lord heard him. Here is comfort for the distressed but praying soul. Oftentimes a poor broken-hearted one bends his knee, but can only utter his wailing in the language of sighs and tears; yet that groan has made all the harps of heaven thrill with music; that tear has been caught by God and treasured in the lachrymatory of heaven. "Thou puttest my tears into thy bottle," implies that they are caught as they flow. The suppliant, whose fears prevent his words, will be well understood by the Most High. He may only look up with misty eye; but "prayer is the falling of a tear." Tears are the diamonds of heaven; sighs are a part of the music of Jehovah's court, and are numbered with "the sublimest strains that reach the majesty on high."

Think not that your prayer, however weak or trembling, will be unregarded. Jacob's ladder is lofty, but our prayers shall lean upon the Angel of the covenant and so climb its starry rounds. Our God not only hears prayer but also loves to hear it. "He forgetteth not the cry of the humble." True, He regards not high looks and lofty words; He cares not for the pomp and pageantry of kings; He listens not to the swell of martial music; He regards not the triumph and pride of man; but wherever there is a heart big with sorrow, or a lip quivering with agony, or a deep groan, or a penitential sigh, the heart of Jehovah is open; He marks it down in the registry of His memory; He puts our prayers, like rose leaves, between the pages of His book of remembrance, and when the volume is opened at last, there shall be a precious fragrance springing up therefrom.

"Faith asks no signal from the skies,
    To show that prayers accepted rise,
    Our Priest is in His holy place,
    And answers from the throne of grace."
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

Very surprised and happy to see this topic here.

These are some of the verses which has enriched my mind and should reah each and everyone in this world that they may know the truth and have salvation

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Romans 8:35 - Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:39 - Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 And God spoke all these words:
    2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
    3 "You shall have no other gods before me.
    4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
    5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
    6 but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.
    7 "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

Spiritually the people are blinded from knowing the truth and is really very pity to know how many ignorant, sincere and humble people put their hope and faith in not only Saibaba but in all cheating Gurus/Sadhus.

People first should know that we are sinners. Sin doesn't mean that it is not only commiting adultery/murder/theft. Even anger is sin, even a bad thought about a person is like commiting adultery, telling lies is sin.
    Also We should know what is the meaning of life, our origin, our destiny and the answers to all these questions should be coherent. Many would say that there are many paths that lead to same destination. All religions are same. But in reality truth is exclusive. One is true means everything else is false.

Only Bible has answers to all our questions and it is only through Christ we can have eternal life. He has died for our sins, has taken our burden, has suffered for us so that we may live eternally with Him. He asks us to have simple faith on Him and just follow Him so that we might be saved.

Most important thing everyone should know is that no body except Christ has died for our sins. If He had claimed as Son of God and just died and gone, there is no reason to believe Him, but He has resurrected, that too bodily and around 100 people witnessed His resurrection along with His disciples and we have all historic proofs. Also all the biblical prophecies have been fulfilled with 99.9% accuracy. Christ has said that He will come again and take His people with Him. HE is the master creator and there is a Judgement Day for all of us.

Many aethist would say that earth has evolved just by big bang theory. Nothing can evolve by itself, that too leave out all the wonderous scientific things in the universise beyond man's knowledge, just by seeing human beings, their cell structure, their brain, thoughts, wonderful creation just can't evolve by itself, there should be a master creator and He is none other than Christ whose as claimed Himself as Son of God and also proved it.

My humble request is that people should start questioning about the origin, meaning of life and destiny and their coherence with our life. If we sincerely seek for truth in any system of belief, God will reveal the truth and people will be saved. God loves each and everyone of us and does not want to lose even a single soul. So please don't blindly follow any person who claims as God without questioning or simply following the religion in which we were born only for the reason that we are born in that religion. Please don't be adamant but open your heart and mind to know the truth.

Finally, Christ didnot come to form any religion, we cannot even find a word about religion(Christianity/Christian) in Bible. Bible is a beautiful love letter which God has given to mankind. God sees us not as any religious person, whether Hindu/Muslim/Christian/BuddhistHe sees us only as believer/unbeliever of truth.

I sincerely pray for every people so that they may know the truth and be saved.
    May God bless.

really good ones Jayasree, thanks for sharing it with us.
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

I read this verse today morning and was really inspired by the truth in this verse. As the thought goes, everywhere whether in families or in society, the huge division is between men and women. As Paul says, we should recognize each other and should committ to place value on each other.

VERSE:
    In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman.
    -- 1 Corinthians 11:11

THOUGHT:
    "We are all one in Christ Jesus!" Paul told the Galatians (Gal. 3:26-29). Satan, however, constantly tries to divide God's people. One of his most effective means of division has been to divide men and women -- whether in families or churches. Paul reminds us that if Jesus is our Lord, we recognize we need each other and we are committed to placing value on each other. Rather than letting Satan divide us through our differences, we choose to unite around our
    Savior!
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

"They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb... and they loved not their lives unto the death." - Rev. 12:11

When James and John came to Christ with their mother, asking Him to give them the best place in the kingdom, He did not refuse their request, but told them it would be given to them if they could do His work, drink His cup, and be baptized with His baptism.

Do we want the competition? The greatest things are always hedged about by the hardest things, and we, too, shall find mountains and forests and chariots of iron. Hardship is the price of coronation. Triumphal arches are not woven out of rose blossoms and silken cords, but of hard blows and bloody scars. The very hardships that you are enduring in your life today are given by the Master for the explicit purpose of enabling you to win your crown.

Do not wait for some ideal situation, some romantic difficulty, some far-away emergency; but rise to meet the actual conditions which the providence of God has placed around you today. Your crown of glory lies embedded in the very heart of these things - those hardships and trials that are pressing you this very hour, week and month of your life. The hardest things are not those that the world knows of. Down in your secret soul unseen and unknown by any but Jesus, there is a little trial that you would not dare to mention, that is harder for you to bear than martyrdom.

There, beloved, lies your crown. God helpz you to overcome and sometime wear it.

"It matters not how the battle goes,
    The day how long;
    Faint not ! Fight on !
    Tomorrow comes the song."

நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

It matters not how the battle goes,
    The day how long;
    Faint not ! Fight on !
    Tomorrow comes the song."
    Thanks GCB for those words of encouragement

true. true butterfly very true. we do need fresh breath often
    and people find it in a variety of things in nature.
    as you said could be friends, could be family what not.
    but the important aspect is every now and then we need
    to lift our heads up from all this worldly chaos and inhale
    a little bit of equanimity into our lives.
    that is when the words from the Holy book helps us
    walk through all that.

God bless.

"There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD - Proverbs 21:30"

No matter how fresh the start nor how great the plans we have made, if we do not walk with God, the coming year will not be a spiritual success. As we receive this gift of a new year, let's
    commit to serve the Lord. As we make plans for the coming days ahead, let's make sure that those plans are made based on the LORD's revealed will in Scripture and prayerful consideration of what our God wants us to accomplish.

Join me in this prayer:
    God of the ages, our Father in heaven, thank you for being very near to us in our daily life. Please help me know your will each day. Bring the people into my life who will help us love you more, serve you effectively, and bless others in meaningful ways. To you be all the honor and glory in what we do, think, and say in the days ahead. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

Does evil exist? A university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists?
    A student bravely replied, "Yes, He did!"
    "God created everything?" the professor asked.
    "Yes, Sir," the student replied.
    The professor answered, "If God created everything, then He also created evil since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then God is evil."
    The student became quiet before such an answer.
    The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.
    Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question, professor?"
    "Of course," replied the professor.
    The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"
    "What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" remarked the professor.
    The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the law of physics what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Everybody or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat.
    The student continued. "Professor, does darkness exist?"
    The professor responded, "Of course it does!"
    The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."
    Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"
    Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily examples of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil!"
    To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exists just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."
    The professor sat down.

Nopes, AE did not say that. It's not true. Check it out here.
    Over and out.

Edited...Thanks coolian.

:D :D

Yep. Einstein did not say that. Hardly did he ever teach undergrads anyways.

Einstein was not even 'religiously' inclined. I've read someplace that 'he believes in Spinoza's God'.. (Spinoza was a 17th century philosopher and some info on him can be found here.. http://www.iep.utm.edu/s/spinoza.htm)

Good story, though, Pattams. Thanks!

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

The Shadow Of Your Wings

When skies are dark and trouble rains
    My heart with joy stills sings
    For there’s a refuge from life’s storms
    Under the shadow of Your wings.

How precious is Your love O God!
    How precious, Your thoughts of me!
    Thank You for Your love O God,
    For lasting peace and security.

Under the shadow of Your wings
    I am secure from all harm.
    Under the shadow of Your wings
    I’m held safely in Your arms.

I will praise Your name forever
    Of Your great love I will sing,
    Thank You Lord for holding me
    Under the shadow of Your wings.

- Lora Cox -

How excellent is thy loving kindness, O God! therefore the children
    of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. (Psalms 36:7)

courtesy: http://skywriting.net/inspirational/...our_wings.html

Re: "DOES EVIL EXIST?"
    That is a wonderful story! Where did you find it butterfly?
    I have heard from people who are quick to dismiss god or determined to prove his non-existence. I like this story because it goes about it the other way. In proving that evil does not exist it solidifies the existence of god.

While reading it, I was reminded of one of Anne Rice's quotes.
    "People who cease to believe in God or goodness altogether still believe in the devil. I don't know why. No, I do indeed know why. Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast