Are you an amateur/professional Photographer? Share yours !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you an amateur/professional Photographer? Share yours !

Default Are you an amateur/professional Photographer? Share yours !

Post your best pics here...

Hi Geethamites,

I am sure we will have lot of photographers here in Geetham. Everyone of us would have taken a snap, which you might treasure as best photos you have taken. Here is the time to show it to the world (Geetham World ). Post your pics here in this thread.

For those who have'nt taken one yet, come on grab your camera and look for beautiful natural things (not necessarily natural things) and post yours soon.

As a starter, I am posting the pic I took during my first skiing trip. This was taken, from the car, when we were travelling @ 45 mph. It was a nice sunny day with little of cloud covering. I am not sure whether this is a good pic, but still I liked it

The next one was taken during my Seattle trip. Seattle is famous for lakes. Every part of the city you can see a lake. I took this snap outside the Seattle Aquarium. One thing I liked in this pic was the rays emerging from the supreme light source. I am glad I was able to capture a bit of it.

I just love taking pictures of flowers. Whenever I have my cam with me and there is a flower around, it will surely be photographed. This was also taken outside the Seattle Aquarium.

PS: All pro's, you are most welcome to make comments on the pics and give some tips to make that photo even better (say for instance, the exposure, angle at which it should have been taken, the color balance and lighting etc...)

NOTE: ONE HUMBLE REQUEST, PLEASE POST YOUR OWN PICS, NOT THE ONE'S TAKEN FROM THE WEB.
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

View Geethamites' Best Pics

intha paa GCB nan eduthathu

Warwick castle top laa oornthu poi eduthathuu

Intha vayasula mala mela eera mudiyala intha maadu mattum eppadi erichi nu ...aacharyathulaa eduthathu

korai pull appadiya asathiduchi

Lighting rombha pudihci irunthathu nannirkum pothu oru pakkam sunlight nalla irukku innu oru pakkam mazhai thorral start aachi
    I am back.........

The warwick castle and the last ones are really good Katteri Thanks for sharing it with us
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

GCB,

Good thread. I do love nature and photography. But I am a fan of 35mm film rather than digital and all my photos are in negatives/slides. Scanning them make the colors to be distorted and hence did not bother to scan them at all. Instead I preserve the negatives. I have some memorable photos of sun set in Kanyakumari, lighted Vidhana soudha, the mountains of Shimla, Venice, Rome, Florence, etc..

If you are too much into photographing small things, you get better quality pictures with Macro lenses. They give even 1:1 ratio in the film which could be really big. If you have stopped down by 1-1.5 stops in the topmost picture or used a ND filter, the trees would have been even more silhouted with sun being prominent accentuating the effect. Most of the Canon Digital Cameras like G3, G4,G5 have ND filter built in. For SLR cameras you get the seperately. I always keep it in my bag to take photos on sunny days.

Please put in the camera gear used to take the photo also, along with the settings if you remember them.

Cheers.
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

The one like most is the one I have as my avatar..Though I took a lot of pictures of my niece, this one is the best in my opinion....and here it goes...

Will add my nature photos soon....

Me too...have to scan the photo's I have taken...will do that soon...!!!!
    All the pics posted are really natural...very nice

Thanks for the topic GCB

PS: Yogi....unga niece...very cute...so sweeeeet Bless her......

hey yogs unnoda niece super'a irukkanga. Sema cute Paathu enga kannellam pattuda poguthu, ethukku suthi pottudunga.

Priyam - waiting for your scanned pics :D appadiye birthday cake eduthu post pannidunga. Happy 21.

Anainar - Thanks for the tips. Next time I will try the 1-1.5 stops. I guess, I have that in my cam.
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

Here are some of my photographs that I have taken after coming to US.
    Hope everyone enjoys it ! ! !

DUNCAN DRIVE-The Place where I live (Winter)

DUNCAN DRIVE-The Place where I live (Summer)

CHICAGO DOWNTOWN

SHREDD AQUARIUM-CHICAGO

PANORAMIC VIEW FROM SEARS TOWER(CHICAGO)

LIMO IN CHICAGO

PITTSBURGH-STATE OF CROSS ROADS

LOOK CLOSER ! ! !

More to come....Ashok.

Cheers ! Ashok

Hey cool ones Ashok. Especially the Duncan drive in winter and summer. I too have some pics like the same tree in summer, winter and in spring. I will post it soon Thanks for sharing it with us
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

Here are some pics from my side....... :P ((Taken at Ingleton & the Lake District, UK)) ->

PS: GCB, birthday cake...yeah sure....next year I'll surely take pics of my birthday cake and post that here! :D However, yesterday was Ferny's birthday, not mine pa! Anyhow, thanks for your wishes...

Wow.. Nice pics.. GCB, Katteri, Ashok_t & Queenie.. :P :P

Lovely.. all them are..

Looks like there are a plenty of places I gotta visit..

v-

ps: Little tricky.. but try not to give info that you don't want us to know.. You know.. You want your credit cards to be safer, don't you..
    Only half-kidding, guys.. :P
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

PQP,

Awesome location and very neatly composed pictures. For sure UK is more scenic than the weather beaten US. So colorful and tree leaves are so shiny.

Looks like we have to pay a visit to these places!!!

Keep it coming guys. Atleast in photos we can see countries like UK.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

THE BULL: Taurus: Ennoda favorite ! ! !

Mighty Mammoth : Milwaukee Zoo

Pittsburgh Venkateswara Temple

Hello people around here...
    These are some of the photos where the most spectacular rides of the world can be seen.
    Its called Paramounts Kings Island. Its just located near Cincinatti, Ohio and people stopping by here dont miss this..Here are some snaps of the greatest and scariest rides which i liked the most ! !

DROP ZONE

DEMATRIX

FACE OFF

Son of Devil : Worlds largest wodden roller coster: A must see ride

VORTEX: Worlds first six spin roller coster

More to come...Ashok

Cheers ! Ashok

Priyamaana Priyam I was not mentioning about Ferny's Birthday ungalodathu thaan. Krishng wish pannathukku advance thanks sonneenga ille, thats why I asked you to take your cake pics and post it. Because Ferny has already given the cakes to us

Kewl pics you got Priyam. It was so soothing to watch those pics. Nicely taken and good even exposures on all the snaps. I guess, I have to soon ask for a project in Europe.

Hey Ashok, nice pics'ma. I am glad that people are keeping this thread busy. nice to see your pics.

First Snow

Last year Christmas Tree

Last year Fall

Small Waterfalls

PS: Thanks for the tips vasan. People what Vasan says is true. Be careful not to give too much of details.
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

We shot this picture when we went to niagra last year.

American falls looks good in your pic Teena
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

Here is a picture taken during a sunset in my apartment in Tampa, FL.
    I loved the reproduction of the colors of the sky, and the balance of reality and reflection in the water.

Sorry, it seems my attachment did not get uploaded. Will try again.

Friends,

These are some of the pics that I've taken using my Olympus camera and would like to share with you. I like them very much and hope you too... :P

Some more pics...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast