Employers' top ten turnoffs - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Employers' top ten turnoffs

CV...wo...I'm great with that....me only charge £10 per page for anyone who wishes to have a very professional looking CV.... Undercutting our Blues.....it's good to have competition

Hmm...CV's should not be more than 2 pages long - if it is...you may as well need not even post it - cos' the job isn't yours...you'll find your CV will hit the bin as soon as it gets there. Best to make sure the first page is attractive - now that doesn't mean putting lovely looking pictures or silly little graphics on it, I mean professional, smart...and informative - yeap informative...don't go on and on...keep it short but sharp! Don't keep the same CV...change it (no...don't lie), change it according to the job you're applying for (ie: if the role you're going for is all abt teamwork - then include more of that than the other aspects, etc). Sit from the point of the CV assessor/reader...and see what would interest you. Be positive...but don't over do it...stating you're the best, etc. Don't just send your CV on its own, make sure you send it with a covering letter.

If this is all too much, forget it.....go to the professionals.... :P

Good luck....!!!!!!

no problemo Queenie I doubt I would have made any money with it

don't go to the professionals ....they don't seem to know what they're doing ...Quenie might be a better bet
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

talking about posting resumes on the net... there is one more trick to it... keep changing your CV/resume everyday... this way whenever someone searches for resumes , the search results will return with your resume among the top few since u updated them recently.... if u have nothing to change.. jus tadd a full stop or comma... that actually works... and they also know tat u are stilll in the job market
    மின்னல் பாதி தென்றல் பாதி மங்கை ஆனது

Interesting I think clarity is the key, you should be able to get through to the other person.

Never have seen much point with professional CV writers. If one is not skilled enough to get one's competencies known to others, then he/she is not really competent IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by vasan
    Interesting article, bleu.. also does it tell us something about 'mary'?
    Which Mary is this? Is it the one who had a little lamb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelotus
    you never know ..perhaps banking wasn't lucrative enough
    Is it not?
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Did everyone forget that you need a guy inside the company who can forward your resume ? , otherwise no matter how your resume is no one is going to bother about it.

my 2 cents.
    Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech....

Did everyone forget that you need a guy inside the company who can forward your resume ? , otherwise no matter how your resume is no one is going to bother about it.
    I don't know about the US companies, but almost all reputable companies here have an HR division, and they will have contact information in the company's website. So, if there is any vacancies that you fancy, then you just have to forward your CV to that address. And people do actually bother about CV's sent this way, and if there is a vacancy and you are suited for the post then you will most certainly get an interview. At least that's what my experience has been. Even if they are not interested in you they send you an email saying that.
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12