What do you think about this?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you think about this?

Default What do you think about this?

Hi guys and gals!

Romba naala enakku oru doubt. According to my little knowledge brain is the only organ in our body that understands and reacts to the things that happen around us.

But we have heard so many people say, "You have broken my heart", "My heart feels bad about what you say" and so on. As you all know heart is just an organ that pumps blood. How can they attatch any emotional feelings to it? And other question. Why do they not other organs like kidney, lungs etc. into consideration.

Can anybody explain? Can we talk about it?

hi karthis
    i tell u wat my friend told me ok but i'm not sure it's right or wrong
    our heart is look like hearts shape,and that's why most of all attatch their feelings on it.

Heart is the most easily sensed organ in the body, Karthis..

I see Sneha smiling, and my heart beat jumps.. I can sense its racing.. I go joggin.. my legs ache, I breath hard.. and my heart pumps faster.. I die, the first thing some one does, check to see if my heart is still beating..

I can hold my breath and stop from doing anything.. still my heart beats softly.. slowly..

That is one reason.. But of course the main reason is... just so people will wonder and ask some questions..

My own answer.. Not from google.. (Don't trust Ujjala on this.. )

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Karthis,

Are you asking this question seriously or did your Lungs/kidney ordered you to ask this question?? I am sure Ujjala will have strong opinions on this but some one has to decipher what is Ujjala to her.

You are totally right that heart does just pumping of blood. It is just a notion that "you broke my heart" One can live without brain for ever. I can give countless examples all across the globe from George Walker Bush, Paul Wolfowitz, etc on this side of the Atlantic to Jose Maria Aznar on the other side, or Mulayam Singh, Laloo, Modi, Pranab, Arjun Singh etc in the sub continent. But you cannot give one human being alive without a heart. Losing a heart means life is lost.That is why they say "You broke my heart".

I saw Esha Deol in Dhoom and my heart beat did go up. It is more so because the "Inferior Frontal Cortex" of my brain sensed the gorgeous beauty of her in a bikini, driving around in a water scooter and needed more blood to fill in the gaps, which made my heart to pump more blood. It is the same when you see Sneha smile. So, it is all controlled by brain. Brain is the master of every thought you will ever have in your entire life time. Rest of the parts are all pretty much function oriented, doing something very specific. But brain's area of expertise is unbounded. Some of us get to use it wisely like Einstein or some of us just might be another GW Bush.

So, you little brain did say correctly, which means you are actually using it. That is a good sign and you are miles ahead of many who dont use it at all. :D :D :D Keep using it.

Cheers

PS: In case you dont know who the heck is Jose Maria Aznar, he is the former PM of Spain who licked the feet of a hegeomonic GW Bush and was thrown out by his country men unceremoniously. A similar fate awaits GWB.
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Good question karthis

Vasan and anainar supera explain pani irukaanga..

Yes, Brain is just a manipulator of thoughts. Even thought it people live- brain dead, coma , vege state eppadi there are many ways of living without a brain. But the only one organ that differentiates a living from a non living is the HEART.

Thats the reason we relate everything to our heart.

Shy
    I Geetham

Vanakkam, Teacher.. :P :P

Eppadi irukkenga? உங்கள் ஊரில் மாதம் மும்மாரி பொழிகிறதா?

(கார்த்திஸ தான் இப்படி கேட்க கத்துகுடுத ்தாங்க )

v-

Sorry about the side track folks..
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by vasan
    Vanakkam, Teacher.. :P :P

Eppadi irukkenga? உங்கள் ஊரில் மாதம் மும்மாரி பொழிகிறதா?

(கார்த்திஸ தான் இப்படி கேட்க கத்துகுடுத ்தாங்க )

v-

Sorry about the side track folks..
    Vanakkam... I am fine, hope everything is great out there for you too.

mm.. engae mazhai thaanae.. floridala vanthu adicha ellam storms'um entha pakkam thaanae karai sernthathu.. nalla adichathu mazhai.. eppo thaan konjam free angae eppadi suriya bagavan daily nalla vanthu parthutu poitu irupaarae

Shy
    I Geetham

Default Re: What do you think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by karthis
    Hi guys and gals!

Romba naala enakku oru doubt. According to my little knowledge brain is the only organ in our body that understands and reacts to the things that happen around us.

But we have heard so many people say, "You have broken my heart", "My heart feels bad about what you say" and so on. As you all know heart is just an organ that pumps blood. How can they attatch any emotional feelings to it? And other question. Why do they not other organs like kidney, lungs etc. into consideration.

Can anybody explain? Can we talk about it?
    If you're in love ...your heart beat will increase, you will feel flushed, hot, all emotions have a physiological response

same goes when you're angry too

the "heart breaking" sensation...well when you're soo disappointed by an event or someone...your heart starts to behave rather irregularly...and you get heart pains...hence why ppl hold on to their chest when under severe emotional stress...

Heart may be just a muscle pump...but it's a terribly important muscle pump hence why all the cardiologist make so much money
    if it stops...well withing minutes your brain starved of oxygen will stop too.......

the brain is an extremely important organ...just having a muscle pump circultaing blood to various organs will not keep you alive if you're brain dead

The whole idea of the heart being the seat of the soul dates back at least to the ancient Greeks ....so the idea stuck...and frankly...it is far more poetic to say ..my heart aches for you than my brain aches for you ...wouldn't you agree?

kidneys and lungs have not been associated with feelings before...'cause like Vasan thattha says they are not felt so easily as the heart....put your hand on you chest slilghtly to the left after having jumped up and down on the spot for 15 minutes...you will feel your heart pulsating....but you can't really feel your kidney now can you?

Shy akka,
    so as long as the heart beats...they are alive...although they cannot respond or sense or carry out any of the basic features which characterise a living from a non-living person?

blue.

PS: Anainar,
    Jose maria aznar ... I know...so easy ...but ujjala I don't know...and google is not so good when you don't know what you're looking for
    :? :?
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Shy teacher,

Welcome back. You also brought cold wind to the this part of the country. Last two weeks were very cold in the nights touching 34 degrees, quiet unusual in this time of the year.

Blue, even the extra heart beat when angry or romantic or watching Esha is also controlled by brain. Some vague gland sitting below the brain secretes Adrenalin, which makes heart pump more blood. So, it is the ultimate remote control. Even for the heart. Yeah, but it souns lame when you say "My brain beats for you". May work with Martians though.

About Ujjala, I know that you cant figure it out. And google also wont bother because it relates to a third world country. :D :D :D. Probabaly Vasasn thatha will explain with his sense of humour. If not then I will explain what it is. But you do know that Jose does not have brains. Do you???

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Hey Ujjala..

Ennannu puriyalaiyaa? :P :P Haiyoo paavam.. See here..

http://jyothylaboratories.com/ujalasupreme.html

This is a liquid fabric whitener, Bleu.. Don't know if the people of enchanted wood use it, but down there in south india, most white clothes are usually dipped in the whitener.. Usually it will be some blue..

Regal liquid blue (regal sottu neelam.. )
    Ujala from Jythi labs..

these are pretty famous.. ads for these two comes all the time in TV..

The catch phrase is.. (families are switching from some blue to Ujala.. because it gives really bright white clothes.. ).. And everyone goes about asking... neengalaum ujjalakka maariteengala? (Did you also switch over to ujala? )..

Okvaa? You are the ujala (or ujjala) in geetham.. :P :P :P The Blue.. :P Thats why when Karthis called you Regal liquid Blue, I said.. 'no, she is not regal, but Ujala'.. neengalum Ujalakka maaridunga..

Looks like anainar is also ujalakka maritaar..

Vasan

ps: Ippadi jokes explain panniye.. now people are calling me google..

ps: You can download some of the ads (possibly in hindi..) here.. http://www.jyothylaboratories.com/adcorner.html
    Short Measures

Long back when we were in 8th Standard, we had a Personality development program in school conducted by TVS People. One executive explained the difference between Heart and Brain and their connection to the mind. He was asking us "where do you think the mind is ? Does it control the brain or heart"

Anyways I was too young then to understand and too old now to remember the answer

Silican
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

Guys! Neenga ellam thappa purinjukkitteenga. As soon as the heart stops to beat a person need not die.

Ippo, they do heart surgeries for even 3 to 4 hours. Appo enna pannuvaanganna, heartukku pora blood vessels ellam heart-lung machine (the machine that does the duty of heart) ukku connection kudutthu, they will make heart to stop beating completely and perform the surgery. Illainna heart thudicchundrukkaracche eppadi surgery panna mudiyum.

Quote Originally Posted by blues
    kidneys and lungs have not been associated with feelings before...'cause like Vasan thattha says they are not felt so easily as the heart....put your hand on you chest slilghtly to the left after having jumped up and down on the spot for 15 minutes...you will feel your heart pulsating....but you can't really feel your kidney now can you?
    Neenga soldra logic-ai etthukka mudiyaathu. Appadi partha heart-a vida easy-a feel panna koodiya organs innum namba body-la etthanaiyo irukku. For example eyes, legs, skin, hands etc. Illaiya. Why are we not attatching emotional feelings to these organs. "It is a skin breaking news, it is a leg breaking news"-nu yen soldrathillai.

I think that ancient people would have believed that heart only understands everything that happens around us and reacts according to it and that belief still continues. I saw a program in discovery channel about egyptians. Egyptians considered brain as an organ of no use, and when they mummified the bodies, they removed brain from the body. That would be the reason behind this. This is my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by anainar
    You are totally right that heart does just pumping of blood. It is just a notion that "you broke my heart" One can live without brain for ever. I can give countless examples all across the globe from George Walker Bush, Paul Wolfowitz, etc on this side of the Atlantic to Jose Maria Aznar on the other side, or Mulayam Singh, Laloo, Modi, Pranab, Arjun Singh etc in the sub continent. But you cannot give one human being alive without a heart. Losing a heart means life is lost.That is why they say "You broke my heart".
    Hope that I am not in your list.

+ Reply to Thread