Need help for my programming regarding XML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help for my programming regarding XML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Need help for my programming regarding XML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi...

I am really having some problem with my application....i am developing one application where i am storing some details in a class which contains arrays...

the problem is i want to save my application as an xml file and i don't know how to transfer my arrays to XML file.....and read from XML file and transfer it to Arrays using VB.NET...... this is a desktop application and not a web application.......

could anyone suggest me some solution or links...........

Thanx in advance....
    Have a nice Day!!!!

Hi Summa,
    I assume you have created seperate XML tags for the application like <name>, <price> etc. .. Once you have formated tags like this, You must have your application parse the data from the XML file. I usually use PHP for that interfacing purpose in my applications. I do have applications that have a Swing frontend and Flash front end. While Javascript can do that work, it is much easier when you use PHP. Only downside of it is that you need to have a Web server as Apache or Xitami running for PHP.

Of all interfacing techniques I have used, I feel that PHP is by far the best. If you need any online resource/e-book PM me.

- Silican
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

Hi Summah, I've not worked with VB.NET but I found this site on the 'net and thought it might be of use to you.

http://www.dotnetextreme.com/code/Re...ngDataSets.asp

Did it help?
    Over and out.

thanx a lot for ur help guys...hey coolian even i got the same site and i am making use of this example....

silican...romba thanx...but i am developing a desktop application and not web application and i am developing only with VB.net. anyways thanx a lot for ur reply....

thanx once again to both of u......will update regarding my work....
    Have a nice Day!!!!

+ Reply to Thread