Thiruda thirudi - Review
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thiruda thirudi - Review

Default Thiruda thirudi - Review

Director: Subramanyam Siva
    Cast: Dhanush,Chaya Singh,Suki,Karunas,Manikkavina yagam,Kambar Jairamanan.

It centers round Vasu, an unemployed youth who whiles away his time idly with some good-for- nothing friends, much to the annoyance of his father. Vasu's ready cheeky answers to all his father's queries,and his don't- care attitude only irritates the father, further making him fearful for his son's future. On the other side is Vasu's encounters with the comely Vijy, one of them leading to Vijy meeting with an accident. Vasu admitting her to the hospital spending money on her and saving her life, would in other films have led to the thawing of relations between the duo. But here it only leads to further bad blood, with the girl blaming him for her accident and he angrily demanding his money back. The debutant director takes a different stance here, and it is commendable that he's attempted to move away from the routine throughout his narration.

When matters heat up at the home front ,Vasu leaves for Chennai to take up a job,where Vijy lands up too. The duo continue with their bickering and one-upmanship.

At one point Vijy does thaw and asks Vasu to bail her out of an impending marriage. But Vasu's callous response puts her off once again.How the relationship finally ends forms the rest of the movie.

In his two earlier films, Dhanush had serious off-beat roles and the home banner to back him up. And one wondered how he would fit into the typical 'hero' mould. But it is to the actor's credit that he goes through the whole gamut of the dance-fight routine with gusto,coming out creditably. And this despite the director putting the spotlight on him and not bothering to camouflage his rough edges.

Everything about the film is on a high note,the adrenalin-flowing kind,the director not making any pretense of making a classy product, but getting straight down to the brass tacks. What holds the film together is the scripting and narrative style which though a bit crude and lacking in finesse, is fast paced and racy,at times weird and unusual, the likes of which one hasn't seen in earlier films. The director is focused on what he wants and there are no lagging moments.

Dhina's sound track to go with the mood of the rest of the film is thumping and loud,the choreography vibrant (Manmatha Raja). But the film definitely could have done with some sprucing up and some judicious editing out of some of the off-colour lines and shots.

While the scenes between Vasu-Vijy are loud and of the spit-fire kind, lending some subtlety to the proceedings are the family scenes of Vasu and his parents. Manickavinayagam has given a finely tuned performance as Vasu's father, the father-son scenes are at times humorous, at other times touching, but with a realistic feel. Krishna as Vasu's brother gets noticed. Debutant Chaya Singh (Kannada films) has the homely face and the performance to fit into her role. While second lead Suki is there just for distraction with the director wasting quite a few frames on her.

'Thulluvatho Ilamai' and 'Kadhal Kondein', his ealier films were big successes at the box office. With 'Thiruda Thirudi' too on it's way to being a success, it looks like Dhanush is about to achieve a hat-trick.

ungalai paththi theriyalai, naan innum intha padam paarkkalai, aana "manmatharasa, manmatharasa" endra orey oru sema fast beat paattukkey intha padam paarkalam. enna dancing, yebbaaaa... Dhanushum antha "akka"vum superaa aadirukkaanga !! appadi pottu thaakkunga !!

-Aalthotta Bhoopathi
    - Gemini Gemini etc etc pondra super hit paattula intha paattum adangum !!
    "யாமறிந்த மொழிகளிலே தமிழ்மொழி போல் இனிதாவது எங்கும் காணோம்" - மகாகவி பாரதியார்

Yaravathu padam parthu kathai sollunga please... Immam periya eview paditcha thali vali vanthu bethi yayidum..
    Anjali nee intha review fulla paditchiyaa? If yes can you give the review of this review?
    Thanks in advance..

Default review of review.

6face,

naan padam paakalay, but review-a padichen ... oru varila sollanumnaa, namma danush payan, anti-heristic roles [like kathal konden and thulluvatho ilamai] mattu illa, normal-ana masala padathlayum kalukuraaru - and that, this padam konjam viyasamaana masala, not following the usual track! matter overu.
    --- புது-கோட்டையில் இருந்து Saraku!

Default Re: Thiruda thirudi - Review

The Movie Thiruda,Thirudi is really good.The acting of Dhanush is really superub

:P

Quote Originally Posted by arumugam57
    Yaravathu padam parthu kathai sollunga please... Immam periya eview paditcha thali vali vanthu bethi yayidum..
    Anjali nee intha review fulla paditchiyaa? If yes can you give the review of this review?
    Thanks in advance..

dei 6face.... if anjali posts more than 1 line...

you know it is cut and paste...right...

apparam...enna kelvi... podaangaa... :D

he he he ...

Tamilu... Yengu kanoom kedayathu.. yenguM kanoom. Puriyuthaa?
    Maruvathiya maathu matchaan.

Mikka Nanri.

i hate reading big reviews. here is a short and sweet review.

'dont care about anything(logic and those nonsense) and just enjoy a enjoyable movie'

thiruda thirudi.....50% is rubbish....50% is absolute delight.....
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Quote Originally Posted by thirudan
    i hate reading big reviews. here is a short and sweet review.

'dont care about anything(logic and those nonsense) and just enjoy a enjoyable movie'

thirudan,

athu enna matternaa... whenever you review a film and

post message, it must be helpful for others... underwear ?

ippodhan indha padam 'active users' ikku irukku illa? yeravadhu pardhuttu, chinna kadhai churkkum yeludhi, comments kodunga...

arumugam-samy munnevey chholi irrukuraru...
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by vasan
    ippodhan indha padam 'active users' ikku irukku illa? yeravadhu pardhuttu, chinna kadhai churkkum yeludhi, comments kodunga...

arumugam-samy munnevey chholi irrukuraru...
    I am going to see Panchathantiram and Thiruda Thirudi

this weekend. I will give review on Sunday. :D

this movie was crap wivout logic in a lot of places like for eg. the hero and heroine fight right frm the first time they meet and all the time after that but they unknowingly (?!) fall in love with each other because they get a letter saying the other loves them. So stupid! is love that easy to feel & get?

newy, the film is v v funny at times esp the time hero Dhanush comes home late and is replying to his dad's "doss". Karunas is funny at times.

Dhanush steals the show , but he is amazing with his natural acting. He fights well, dancing superbly & evn though, lets face it guys, Dhanush aint the prettiest of faces to look at he sometimes does have the charismatic charms of a teenager that girls could form a liking too. The chennai guys that I watched this film with, just loved the typical tamil boyish way of Dhanush's simple acting and dialogue delivery. They have become Dhanush's fans now !!

Heroine is ok ok lookwise & actingwise. Another heroine is a completely unneccessary and only the director knows why she is there in the first place!

I have already talked abt the song "Manmadha rasa". Songs are a waste in the movie as it slow down the speed of the movie esp the first half which was flowing very fast. I simply hated the lyrics of the "fight" song sang in the bus. Yov, enna paattuya athu? entha loosu lyricists ezhuthinaano ! kandraavida sami. athai poi good singer Devan and Shalini has sang it! haiyoo sami, wht happened to all those quality that we usually see in tamil songs?

Newy, the movie is ok overall to see esp to see Dhanush ! he he he

ok, sorry machchaangala, i have written my review of the movie but i guess Arumugam and others r still gonna complain tht its jus toooo long!
    I will get sum1 to shorten this one as well. hahahah.

enjoy the film,

Thamizh

Vasu(Dhanush), a college drop-out and a happy go-lucky guy is the second son of a government employee Rajagopal(Manicka Vinayagam) who is a perfectionist. Vasu always idly loiters around with his friends. This careless and irresponsible behaviour of Vasu irritates his father. His elder brother who is a graduate and also a govt. employee is afraid of his father. He pretends to be a goodie-goodie guy. His father always compares Vasu with his brother. Vasu also loves his family and wants to earn a good name with his father. In the meantime he meets Viji(Chaya Singh) who comes from an orthodox family and falls for her. But both of them fight whenever they meet. On an occasion when Vasu gets humiliated at home, he leaves for Chennai and finds a job in a workshop. Yearning for a good name from his father, slowly he turns responsible and mature. Viji who also gets a job in Chennai, by a coincidence rents a flat opposite to where Vasu stays. Again the love-hate relationship starts between the two. When finally Viji opens up her mind, Vasu snubs her, which leads to the climax.

An out and out Dhanush film. A film taken to satisfy the B and C center audience. He has improved a lot. Action seems to come natural to Dhanush. He is equally at ease in dance sequence. Chaya Singh is cute and homely but average in performance. Manicka Vinayagam as Dhanush’s father has given a good feat. Two of Dhina’s score is foot tapping. Camera by Ramesh is good, especially in the song sequences. He has captured the picturesque sand dune locales of Kolar Gold mines where the song Manmatha Rasa is taken. Debut director Subramanaiam Siva has come out with a decent film but the story and screenplay fumbles many times which slows down the pace of the film.

www.galatta.com

padam nalla irrukku... danush, chaiya singh (with voice over from someone) have natural dialogue delivery.. since i don't really look for too much of logic (if I want, then I will only watch documentaries..), this is a fun movie to watch...

I am impressed... Manmatha rasa is one kalakkal song...
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

This movie is ok.
    Have a wonderful day Friends.

virus rules the world....!
    செய் அல்லது செத்துமடி... Do or Die http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces57.gifhttp://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces65.gif

this is one of the best movie i seen. dhanush's and saya's acting is really superb, especially in manmatharasa dance. whenever i watch manmatharasa song i feel like dancing.

Nice movie
    Every Man makes fool himself over a woman atleast once in his life -MRMD

+ Reply to Thread