New Year Resolutions - 2007 !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Year Resolutions - 2007 !

Default New Year Resolutions - 2007 !

2005 is finally with us.
    For many of us,

New Year = New Me

Ths usually means new resolutions. How about sharing with us the ones you decided upon for this year?

mine:
    sleep less
    dream less
    write more
    bug mummy more

not exactly life changing but hopefully easier to keep thand some others I have come up with in the past

so tell me what are yours?

blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Quote Originally Posted by Blues
    so tell me what are yours?
    New year-um athuvumaa indha maadiri embarassing kelvi ellaam ketka koodaathu. Appuram anaavasiyamaa poi solla vendi varumille!

I think I have come up with a new one bug PK'sM more
    just kidding

come on ...just one ...one tiny tiny one

long long ago, very long ago, I took a resolution on not to take any further resolutions on any special day... Following it till now.. My initial experiences on new resolutions never worked... I finally ended up doing more of what I did not want to do...

But this no-resolution kinda works for me.. :D
    I have been in diet for six months and all I have lost is six months's good food

Naan vaazhkaiyila inime poiye solrathu illainnu oru resolution edutthirukken.

BTW poranthathulerndhu inni varaikkum oru poi kooda sonnathillai naan.

Naan vaazhkaiyila inime poiye solrathu illainnu oru resolution edutthirukken.

BTW poranthathulerndhu inni varaikkum oru poi kooda sonnathillai naan.
    Enna PK athukulle break panniteenga

I have stopped eating non-veg. Actually I did this last year too. 4 months I didnt eat non-veg (including egg, cake...) then when I went to India for vacation, my mom forced me to eat. I couldnt say no, coz I just love my mom's cooking

Let me see how long I can hold onto this no non-veg stuff
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

View Geethamites' Best Pics

I stopped Non-Veg last Year. This year I was thinking about having a new Year resolution and decided that I should give up the habit of using the Snooze button in my Alarm.

From now on, I wont use the snooze button (for I have decided not to use the alarm anymore )

Silican
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

Quote Originally Posted by VPK
    BTW poranthathulerndhu inni varaikkum oru poi kooda sonnathillai naan
    இப்படி அண்டப்புளு கு ஆகாசப்புளு கு புளுகரீங்க . அப்புறம் என்ன புது வருஷ தீர்மானம்?? You should watch the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond when Ray also makes a decision to tell the truth to his children when he comes to know that his daddy lied to him about an autographed ball. Hilarious and finally ends up lieing his head off to his daughter about Santa Claus.

I dont make any new year resolutions. I believe in going with the flow now, rather than setting timeframes. Many good things have happened even without new year resolutions. Many bad things happen despite new year resolutions. So, dont give in to the ego of "I have control over myself". Let you be yourself. And good in you will come out automatically. That is my philosophy now.

Coming to bugging VPK, sure, even without resolution it is taken for granted. I dont use an alarm at all. If at all I missed flights it is not because of alarm, but because of me venturing out to coffee before the flight departs.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

i dont believe n new year resolution but i do believe n birthday resolutions and since my birthday nearing, am really serious on stopping hurting any1 particularly girls

I dunno why you want to give making new year resolutions...I make then for every possible cultural New Years bet it western , Chinese or Tamil I come up with a new set everytime

I know I don't stick to them...but I guess the whole thing is so ingrained in me that I can't be asked to change this tiny habit

jaggy bro that is one very strange resolution..... why would you hurt ppl anyway

well good luck GCB with the vegetarianism
    I did that for abt 6 months...then I cracked in a restaurant when I saw mussels on the menu

Good luck all of you with your resolutions and your non-resolutions

GCB and Silican! So pleased to hear that you are trying to stop eating non-veg. Even I want to stop eating egg completely from this year.

PK neengha anthaa sappdathaa comm'ty illaya? Bhakthi photo manthram ellam parthavudan neengha pure veg nnu ninachen paartha mulu muttaiya ore swing la adippingha pola (just kidding)

Yes jagga! You r correct. Even I feel guilty about eating eggs, so from this eyar I have decided to stop it completely. Believe me, egg samaicchathukkappuram taste nalla irukkum, aana athu vegaracche naarura naatham irukke! Appappa! kodalai purattum. En ponnukku egg pannanumnaa kooda nathathukku bayanthukkittu mookkaalaiye moocchu vidaama samaippen. Egg-e indha naatham naaricchunna non-veg evvalavu naarum? can't imagine. Sorry all NV eaters! Did not meant to offend you.

hmm hope no one starts another topic egg veg aa non-vega aanu...ya Non-Veg cooking is so dirty..i donno how ppl cook....i always prefer girls who r veg, it makes things simpler you know...by the way engha vittla ellorum veg since in their community they dont eat, but naan mattum non-veg (converted non-veg by accident )

Blue...I haven't had the time to even think abt any New Year resolutions, if I come up with any I'll post them......

PS: Happy 2005 everyone..... :P

Many..

1) Wake up by 6.00 am at least 5 days a week.
    2) Crash latest by 12.30 am (unless emergency).
    3) Control your tongue (both spoken and written word).
    4) Reply to emails from Friends (1 week latest)
    5) Return phone calls as promised (1 week latest)
    6) Translate one poem a month.
    7) Work out twice a week. (walk, jog, tennis, bike, hike?!)

There are a few more, but can't be stated here...

Vasan

ps: Bleu, perhaps we should make this a sticky and keep it as a reminder... Thanks for the topic, kid..
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Priyam2004
    Blue...I haven't had the time to even think abt any New Year resolutions, if I come up with any I'll post them......

PS: Happy 2005 everyone..... :P

Try this, Queenie..

1) Make new year resolutions of 1st January ! :P :P :P
    2) Be nice to thaathaa and Esha Paati.. (put her pictures once a week.. :P )
    3) Every second question in Lateral thinking should be easy enough for thaathaa to solve.. :P
    4) Hug mom every day...
    5) Play in the tree house once a week.. :P
    6) Appuram.. appuram.. appuram... hmm... Learn to make coffee.. :P :P :P

Ithu pothum, Priyaamaana Priyam, for this year.. Next year, you can make some more.. :P

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Ellam sari than Vasan....aanaa, aanaa....number 6 - "Make coffee"...ithu mattum sari illai Lets replace that with "Priyam should visit the kitchen at least once every week in order to familiarise herself with the kitchen utensils!" Athukku appram than coffee, samaiyal ellam...

adi paavi.. kitchen utensils nalla purinchutu, appuram coffee, then cooking.. mm...paavam vara pooravar nalla cooking therincha guya iruntha, unakkum problem ellai, avarkkum problem ellai i guess :D

chumma pagidi.... Have lots of fun this year kiddo

Shy
    I Geetham

Priyam babe,
    excellent!!
    anyway there's always starbucks on every corner now

blue.

PS: sorry thattha cannot make sticky in talk personal ..won't let me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast