Rasam(ரசம்) : Kalyana veetu rasam - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rasam(ரசம்) : Kalyana veetu rasam

Adoppavigala,
    2 inch naakula Jalam varadhu Oru Kathrika Ghotsu epdi vaikkanumnnu oru sandhegam ketta, Veeralaxmi, Vijayalakshmi varaikkum poteengale

Priyam Like they say "Dont read between lines", "dont listen everything on radio " . Also please refer to my earlier posts on "1 glass karumbu soos (juice) and karumbu kaatu "

Butterfly Thanks for the recipe..It is the one I was looking for. Atleast it has the incredients Dhaniya&Eggplant. Thanks for the recipe.

For the benefit of Ranatunga/Ramasamy/Hugie's Family, here I post the recipe sent by Butterfly.

Code:
    Chidambaram SambA kothsU 

In a pan add lit bit of oil & fry some mustard seeds. 
    Add to this chopped green chile,onions and egg plant 
    -in small 1/2" cubes. 

But before "have this ready" 

Fry some coriander (kothamalli) seeds along with red chile 
    and kadalai paruppu (channa dAl?).Grind them into a 
    powder and have it ready. 

Add water to the eggplant,green chile and onions. 
    Sprinkle some salt. 

Once the eggplant reaches the right 'padham" add 
    the powder and some tamarind paste. 

Cook till its done!! enjoy the real "Chidambaram 
    sambA kothsu" along with your dOsai or idli! 

Link is http://www.maiyam.com/southfood/17602.06.28.40.html
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

Quote Originally Posted by Silix
    Ramasamy family
    இன்னா கிண்டலா சிலிக்ஸ்? ராமசாமி குடும்பம் யாருது தெரியுமா? என்னோட குடும்பம். ஊருக்கே தக்காளி/கத்தரிக்கா சட்னி வைச்சு பேர் வாங்குன குடும்பம். என்ன, எனக்கு தெரியல எப்படி பண்ணுரதுன் னு. அதுக்காக எங்க குடும்பத்த ை இழுத்தா நடக்கரதே வேற, சொல்லிப்பு ட்டேன்.

Cheers

Now that you have asked it is a prestige problem. I will ask my sister and post the recipe. I used to eat more than 15 idlies when my mom made those thakkali or kaththarikkai kothsu. You did touch a memory nerve in me Silix. Even before my mom passed away, we went for that Deepavali to our hometown. She made food and sweets for us that 2001 Deepavali.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Got me wrong Anainar.. Rengasamy'a Ramasamy'a mis-spell pannitten. Bluey'oda Red'dy (Red-dy..now I dont want to see some Reddy stading up to fight ) would be familykku help pannatumnnu dhan.

BTW, Butterfly had posted the exact recipe.

- Silix
    சிலிக்கன்

Silix, I was just pulling your leg, though Ramaswamy is my dad's name and we all have our surnames as Ramaswamy. Take it easy.

But your katharikka kothsu brought the memories of my mom's katharika chutney( as we used to call it, and you call it kothsu ) and she used to make it every time I visited home till 2001 when she breathed her last. Moms are so special in one's life that no amount of efforts to get on with life makes her go away. There will be little moments like this which reminds us that there was soul who exactly knew what we liked and had no two thoughts about making it just for us. All that we can give in return to that soul is memories. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to remember her.

Cheers

Anainar, I understand you completely. I had my Periya paati in Calcutta and when I visited her when I was in my kindergarten, she used to make me Beetroot curry and mix with rice and give. I dont remember that. But later, after 10 years when she came down to live with us for her treatment for Cancer, she clearly remembered my liking for beetroot rice and made me that a couple of times, telling me my childhood stories. Tht was the last time I ate beetroot, for she died shortly after that. From then, I dont know why, I never felt like eating beetroot again.

Whew, this thread is getting too much emotional, let me stop here.

- Silican
    சிலிக்கன்

Silican,

Try this kathirikkai Gothsu....

http://www.geetham.net/forums/ptopic,145614.html#145614

Anitam.

lollypop, kalayana veetla sapidara madri kids kooda freshaaa rasam vettla prepare panni eat pannalam.Ippo purinjidhooooo :D

silican, I have never tasted kothsu. I have to try priyam's recipe(thank u priyam).

Quote Originally Posted by vasan
    Adaa... adaa.. adaa.. kalyanamnnu sonnaththum ellaam romba kushiyaa post poduraanga... :P :P :P :P

Nice recipe, doc.. but a question.. If you just grind the onion and garlic and not saute it well.. won't it be give a bit raw flavor? (I thought the garlic and cumins are well ground and fried before adding the other mix..!)...

Added to that, I usually get a headache when the garlic is not roasted well.. Any cures for that doc?

One last question... Those 'microbubbles'... rr.. could you be more specific? Should I stop it when it reaches a millimeter in dia (so it will become millibubbles instead of... ).. :P :P

v-
    Vasan, you should not add onion to rasam.I have not mentioned it.Pls check pannikongha.You have to finely chop the garlic before grinding.No need to fry garlic and cumin as it will give u diff taste.

Try panni parungha indha style if u still get headache then just ignore adding raw garlic or roast it and try.

What I'm trying to say is when it starts boiling u have to switch off the stove so that the taste will be retained. aanulum kurumbu dhan

mm.. yaarkku ellam kalyaana aasai irukkunu intha topic vantha therinchukalaam

naraiya eligible bachelors, bachelorettes irukaanga pola irukke

Potatoes mee.. thats new to me priyam.. usualla gosthu will just be brinjal.. but nee solrathai try panraen :D

silican, enakkum beetroot ricena romba ishtam.. ungalukku superaana aathukaari vanthu paati mathiriyae athae kaimanamooda samaithu poodanum :D

Shy
    I Geetham

ungalukku superaana aathukaari vanthu paati mathiriyae athae kaimanamooda samaithu poodanum
    இதெல்லாம் நடக்கர காரியமா? கல்யாணம் ஆகாத ப்ரம்மச்சா ரியா இருங்கன்னு சொல்ரதை சொல்லாம சொல்ரீங்கள ே டீச்சர்? இது நியாயமா? நடக்கர மேட்டர் சொல்லி, கல்யாண ப்ராப்தி ரஸ்து ந்னு ஆசிர்வாதம் பண்ணினா நடக்கும். :D :D :D

Cheers

Shy,
    Neenga Sun Tv connection koduthurukeengala ?? Adhula dhan sunday kaathala 'Kalyana Malai'nu oru prog varum. Adhula oruthar idhu madhiri dhan romba positive'a solluvar "Unga manasukku yeththa azhagana anbaana buthisaaliya adakkamana Kudumbatha nalla gavanichikkira manaivi kedaipa".. Andha range'kku beetroot samachi poda oruththi varuvaanu solreenga.

Whenever I used to go to my friend's place during weekends, I watch this prog. (Samiyarkku edhukku kalyana maalainnu kekkaradhukku munnadi sollidaren..To know the current market status. Ipo endha line'ku demand irukku, edhu pootacase'nu therinjikka..Suma General knowledge dhan )

- Silix
    சிலிக்கன்

Default Missing geetham food index

Pleas send me the url where to find the geetham food section post with index of recipes that I had seen it before not forum post recipes soon. I am unable to find them which is easy to choose

நான் பெரிது நீ பெரிது என்று வாழாமல் நாடு பெரிது என்று வாழ்வோம்!

Smile

Yes, I got it from you, thanks lot dear Venpurra as I am unable to get it for a very long time. Million of thanks to u dear.

Smile Kalayana meals recipes

Pls send me link of meals that we enjoyed in Kalyana mandapam. I enjoyed lot with kalyana vedu rasam. I want to have more recipes that we eat in Kalyana mandapam. It's very easy to cook if we know the recipes that served there. Can anyone pls send vathal kulambo recipe or any other recipes that served in Kalyana mandapam? Vathal kulambo is very thick and taste great with rice and ghee there and gives wonderful aroma.

tried your recipe and it turned out fabulous! thx v much.
    what r your other recipes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12