Rasam(ரசம்) : Kalyana veetu rasam
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rasam(ரசம்) : Kalyana veetu rasam

Default Rasam(ரசம்) : Kalyana veetu rasam

Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

Ingredients:

To grind:
    Tomato big - 1/2 or small - 1
    Coriander leaves - 1/4 bunch
    Garlic - 5 flakes(chopped finely)
    Ginger- 1 dime size(chopped finely)
    Green chilli - 1
    Cumin seeds/jeera or cumin powder- 1 spoon
    Whole pepper or pepper poweder(coarse) - 1 spoon

For seasoning:
    Oil - 1 spoon
    Mustard - 1/2 spoon
    Hing/asafoetida - 1 spoon
    Curry leaves - a few
    Turmeric powder - a pinch

Other stuffs:
    Salt to taste
    Tamrind to taste

Method of preparation:

Grind all the ingredients in a mixie using chop option (grind coarsely).Just 1-3 rounds switch on and off the mixie.If possible add cumin and pepper powder so that it would get mixed well.

Put the ground mixture in a bowl and add salt and tamrind according to u'r taste.(add tamrind to just to feel the taste of tamrind).Adding too much tamrind would spoil the rasam taste.Add enough water according to your taste of consistency.

In a kadai add a spoon of oil and then put mustard seeds, turmeric powder,curry leaves and finally add hing powder then immdly pour the rasam mixture.Do not mix the rasam after pouring into the kadai.

Allow it to boil . If u start seeing a little bubbles then immdly switch off the stove and close it air tighlty.Serve it after a while. Gamma gammmkum kalyana rasam ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip: Do not let it boil heavily it would spoil the real taste. Make sure u just see mini bubbles before switiching off the stove not big boils.

Teena thanx for the recipe...but do you have to get married before you make it
    kalyanam pannama try panna mudiyathaaa
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelotus

or

nu theriyalai....
    I am back.........

Quote Originally Posted by candy nuts

chuper candy.... Naan kekanum nincha question nee kettuta ....ennoda one post save pannitta

aama teena akka...marriage ku thaan sapidanumna ....naan katteri anna, silx anna marriage annaiku saptukurrrein .....candy neeyum apovei sapituko ok va

midukka(silix) anna.........ram anna eppo marriage ennaku rasam sapidanum sikiram sikirammm

Teena, thanks for the recipe... I'll try and let u know..

BTW blues and lolly,

Kalyana veetu rasam panna, kalyanam pannanummnu avasiyam illa.. :?

U can prepare this at home and enjoy.

Thanks Dr.T,
    When making rasam, I have never used the blender. Will try this one and let u know BTW, I am fond of the Ghosthu/Ghotsu which is served with Idly's in Kalyanams. My mom makes that too. But it hardly tastes as good as the one in Kalyana Mandapams. There are times when I have avoided Kesari and Kichadi/Pongal to devote myself completely to Idly-Ghosthu. Oh, boy ! once I had like 13 Idlys and had a hard time getting up from the chair. Please post that recipe too..

Enna Lolly,
    Vishayam theriyama pesre ?? Naanum neeyum kiddies..Ram Anna (remembering Panja thandhiram ) and Candy are the ones who are up next for marriage. So we both shall wait for Idly-Ghosthu and Rasam.

- Silican
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

Silix,

you wanna bet

btw ...what is ghostsu?

Lolly-my-darling-nut
    get ready sweety... Silix "anna" thaan next

Anitam,
    thanx :D ... but how come it's called wedding rassam then ...is it different from normal rassam?
    (I don't normally eat at weddings cos the food is too hot...so I don't really know)

Mr Vampy,

no laughing
    go find Mrs Vampy quick...ennakku hungry

Achoo ram anna don't get angry I was only kidding

thank u
    i liked it
    i will try it

Quote Originally Posted by Blue AKKA
    Silix,

you wanna bet
    Bet Ungalai Oru Ranatunga/Guruvaradana/kumarasekara kaila pidichu koduthu...indha Blue kannula Aaanandha Blue water dhan varanumnnu naan dhan modhall'la solla poren.

btw ...what is ghostsu?
    Ghosthu is one amazing side dish they make with Brinjals and Dhaniya seeds and lots of oil. It is the perfect side dish for Idly's.

- Silican
    சிலிக்கன்

Indha rasaththukku yethukku "Kalyana veetu rasam"-nnu peyar kuduthinga?????

Idhu ordinary-a veetula seyra rasam thana.......

Idhukku ivalavu build up-aaa???

ok...ok....aaanaaaa.......idhu .......nalla recipe........

Keep it up!!!!!

Dr T......rombe thanks for the rasam.... Do we have to be married to have this rasam? But I have had this many times...and me not married ennamo engayo idikkuthe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silican wrote:
    BTW, I am fond of the Ghosthu/Ghotsu which is served with Idly's in Kalyanams. My mom makes that too. But it hardly tastes as good as the one in Kalyana Mandapams. There are times when I have avoided Kesari and Kichadi/Pongal to devote myself completely to Idly-Ghosthu. Oh, boy ! once I had like 13 Idlys and had a hard time getting up from the chair. Please post that recipe too..
    Ghosthu...you mean ghosu malli??? The recipe for that Silican is :D:

You need ->

4 kaththirikai (medium size)
    1 potato (medium size)
    2 thakkali
    1 onion (cut into small pieces)
    4 green chillies (cut into small pieces)
    2 red chillies
    Puli (a little)
    Curry leaves + kothamalli
    Oil (2 teaspoons)
    kadugu + uru'dal (pinch)
    Salt (to taste)

Sey murai ->

1. Boil both the kaththirikai's and potato, then peel the skins
    2. Then mash both together...
    3. Add puli + salt to that, mix in...leave aside
    4. Place a saucepan on the heat, in there heat the oil...add kadugu, uru'dal, red chillies, thakkali's, green chillies, curry leaves & kothamalli...fry for one minute....
    5. After that, add the mash, mix all together....leave to boil for 3 - 4 minutes....appuram...serve with idilies....!!! If it turns out well...invite Priyam...illaiti...naa illai...naa illai...ennaku onnumae theriyathu... :P :P

That's it...enjoyyyy....

Good one Priyam aana aana..idhu illai naan solradhu. The one I say, the put some Dhaniya powder. I shall ask my mom and post the recipe, though it is not as good as what you get in Kalyanams...Someone please marry soon ,have Ghosthu in the menu and invite me for your marriage.

- Silix
    சிலிக்கன்

Side track, sorry ->

Ohh appadiyaa....Silican ennaku oru idea thonathu...enna nu kekaringalaa.... :P kelungo....solluren

Quote Originally Posted by sili malli
    Ungalai Oru Ranatunga/Guruvaradana/Kumarasekara kaila pidichu koduthu...
    *cough* *cough* avanga kaila pudichu kudutha... kalyana sapada kiribatthum sini sambol thaan, rassam payasam onnum kideikathu

It's okie don't worry... Mummy and Daddy said they will find my very own Rangaswamy/Govindakrishnan/Kumaraswamy

the bet is on

watch ... before long you will be professing eternal love and going around Agni with some mahalaxmi/santhalaxmi/veeralaxmi/vijayalaxmi or other

indha Blue kannula Aaanandha Blue water dhan varanumnnu naan dhan modhall'la solla poren.
    do you were blue contacts
    and why is your lacrimal gland secreting blue fluid...
    ethukkum Doctor-te pongho

I have never heard of Ghostu...thanks for the recipe Priyam
    I'll ask mummy to make it next time she makes idly

(queenie don't you want to put it in a separate thread? )

blue.

Bluey wrote:
    I have never heard of Ghostu...thanks for the recipe Priyam
    I'll ask mummy to make it next time she makes idly

(queenie don't you want to put it in a separate thread? )
    Cheers Blues...

Separate thread...nahhh

Blues wrote:
    It's okie don't worry... Mummy and Daddy said they will find my very own Rangaswamy/Govindakrishnan/Kumaraswamy
    Bluey...athu enna ma...all old names...no new names...and where's Hughie??

Blues papa wrote for Silican:
    watch ... before long you will be professing eternal love and going around Agni with some mahalaxmi/santhalaxmi/veeralaxmi/vijayalaxmi or other
    Ithu correct....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ப்ரியமான ப்ரியம்
    Bluey...athu enna ma...all old names...no new names...and where's Hughie??

Quote Originally Posted by Blues papa wrote for Silican
    Ithu correct....!!!
    இன்னா பார்ஷியாலி டி பாருங்க. ப்ளூக்கு ஹ்யூகி வேணுமாம். சிலிக்ஸுக் கு மட்டும் என்னவோ வீரலஷ்மியோ விஜயலஷ்மிய ோ போதுமாம். ஆனா ஆனா ஆனா சிலிக்ஸு மன்சு ரொம்ப தங்கம். பேருல என்ன இருக்கு, ஆளு நல்ல மனசோட இருந்தாப்ப ோதும்னு சொல்லுவாரு பாருங்க.

Cheers.

For the benefit of PQP..

innaa paarshiyaaliti paarungga. bLuukku -hyuugi veeNumaam. silikSukku mattum ennavoo viiralashmiyoo vijayalashmiyoo poothumaam. aanaa aanaa aanaa silikSu mansu romba thanggam. peerula enna irukku, aaLu walla manasooda irunththaappoothumnu solluvaaru paarungga.
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Adaa... adaa.. adaa.. kalyanamnnu sonnaththum ellaam romba kushiyaa post poduraanga... :P :P :P :P

Nice recipe, doc.. but a question.. If you just grind the onion and garlic and not saute it well.. won't it be give a bit raw flavor? (I thought the garlic and cumins are well ground and fried before adding the other mix..!)...

Added to that, I usually get a headache when the garlic is not roasted well.. Any cures for that doc?

One last question... Those 'microbubbles'... rr.. could you be more specific? Should I stop it when it reaches a millimeter in dia (so it will become millibubbles instead of... ).. :P :P

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Thoughtful Anainar wrote :
    For the benefit of PQP..

innaa paarshiyaaliti paarungga. bLuukku -hyuugi veeNumaam. silikSukku mattum ennavoo viiralashmiyoo vijayalashmiyoo poothumaam. aanaa aanaa aanaa silikSu mansu romba thanggam. peerula enna irukku, aaLu walla manasooda irunththaappoothumnu solluvaaru paarungga.
    Thanks for the tanglish Anainar

Silican'ku rombe thangamana manasu...point agreed Anainar
    Aanaa...aanaa....ponnuku nalla manasu mattum irruntha pothumunu solluvangalaa...??? Aiyoooo aiyooo...avanga radio le solluranga...'Sakkarai nilavu' song avangalakku first pidika'illaiyam...aanaa.....mo vie le parthathukku appuram...anthe heroine rombe alaga irrunthangalaam...athunaalae anthe song ippo rombe pudikumam....

((Just kidding ))
    ((Sorry for the side-tracks! ))

queenie...hughie is getting hitched
    and as male Tamil names go....well it ain't my forte... are they really that old fashioned

Anainar
    For "sili thambi" ...veeralaxmi has to have not only a good heart but also like Priyam said ...she must look like Asin or Pooja
    but sure I agree he has a "thanga manasu"
    hence why he will get hitched b4 I do

Vasan thattha,

cure ......roast the garlic in oven b4 using it

blue...

PS: Queenie....I meant since it's a new recipe you posted how abt posting it in a separate thread so it would be easier to find it

Teena,
    Nice to see u welcome back
    vasan anan wrote,
    Adaa... adaa.. adaa.. kalyanamnnu sonnaththum ellaam romba kushiyaa post poduraanga...
    True anna...

Priyam,
    ur recipe is new...I make the same after baking brinjal in the oven & smashing it & cook as u have said...but have never tried adding potatoes....Thanks ma for something new

Ghosthu?...wat is it made of silican?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast