Mughlai Mutton Curry
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mughlai Mutton Curry

Default Mughlai Mutton Curry

Ingredients:

1 large onion (as u are going to grind raw onion select a onion which is not bitter in taste ,red onion should be fine otherwise the masala would be bitter in taste)
    2 green chillis
    1 cup yogurt
    1 tsp. ginger paste
    1 tsp. garlic paste
    5 curry leaves
    1.5 lbs. Mutton (goat meat)
    3 bay leaves
    4 whole cloves
    1 1/2 tsp. corainder seeds
    2 cardamom
    1/2 tsp. turmeric (Haldi powder)
    2 tsp. kasa kasa (Poppy seeds, khas khas seeds)
    4 red whole chillis
    1/3 cup vegetable oil or any oil
    salt, to taste

Method of Preparation:

Make into a paste the first six ingredients in the above list by adding a little amount of water. Keep aside.

Make into a powder cloves, coriander seeds, cardamom, turmeric, and poppy seeds and keep aside.

In a large bowl, mix mutton pieces, salt, and the paste. Keep aside for 40 minutes and then in a pot, in sufficient amount of water, cook on medium heat until the meat becomes tender.(better to cook in a pressure cooker)

Now in a wide skillet, heat oil and when oil is hot add chopped red chili, bay leaves, and the above meat. (Do Not add any remaining liquid from the marinade. This will be needed later). Fry on high heat for 7 minutes and then add the powdered spices. Fry for two more minutes on low heat and then add the remaining liquid from the marinade dish. Now cook on low heat for a few minutes or until the sauce thickens.

Garnish lightly with fresh butter and serve hot!

This dish goes very well with paratha and plain white rice and gives off the sonderfully fresh aroma of curry leaves!

PS: Try to folow exactly same style .I prepared this recipe yesterdaya and it came out very very good. If u would like to taste it very hot then add little chilli powder.

Oru nimisam....arandutten... ..Thalaipai thappa "MuDhalai mutton curry"-nnu padichittu.....
    - Valluvan

valluvalarae... romba lollu ungalukku

Shy
    I Geetham

valluvar idu ungaluke nyayamaaaa

Teena
    I think you meant "mulaghai" not "mughlai"

can I swop this for any poultry meat instead
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Oii.. Its mughlai..

Its a type of cuisine in India.. Usually nice and thick and spicy gravy goes with the meat.. pretty delicious - especially with naan.. (not vasan but the indian bread.. )..

poultry you can use. proportions are about the same.. cooking time is gonna be a little less...

Whats the plan? cooking some goose, blue?

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

sorry Teena ...I didn't know about Mughlai

thanx thattha...

welll goose...turkey...chicken...who knows...might try it this weekend
    wanna come over and taste? ( perhaps not )

blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

wanna come over and taste?
    blue.
    If I said something wrong, I will apologize. You don't have to threaten me like this..

I will keep this as my dying wish, Bleu. (Can't make another wish after this.. so.. :P) Thanks for the invitation.. :P

v-

ps: Chumaa kidding.. I know you make awesome spaghetti..
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by valluvan
    Oru nimisam....arandutten... ..Thalaipai thappa "MuDhalai mutton curry"-nnu padichittu.....

Vara vara unga lollu thangalai.

Thanks for recipe teena... will try it..

Any idea what type of meat pieces to get, for this reciepe..i don't know about it.

yenna blue idhu unaku mughalai mutton masala nnu theriyadha ....che....che..che ...........unakku onnu theriyuma......yennakum ippadi onu irukunu solra varikum theriyadhu.......hehehehe..... .....
    ...........ayyo yenna adikadha.......
    It's good to try............it's like restaurant style curry.......as vasan told this curry would go well with naan, roti items and rice.

Quote Originally Posted by anitam

Any idea what type of meat pieces to get, for this reciepe..i don't know about it.
    You can use halal meat which is available in all Indian stores and all kind of goat meats. Depends upon the hardness of the meat pr.cooking whistles vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Teena
    Quote Originally Posted by anitam

You can use halal meat which is available in all Indian stores and all kind of goat meats. Depends upon the hardness of the meat pr.cooking whistles vary.
    yeah we used to get from halal meat... whenever we go there he ask for the type..

I mean chops, leg pieces..or some thing else... Which one to get for this recipe..or just mutton pieces???

so far I have tried using mutton chops (the meat I'm using is very tender with bones) .

Ok let me try the same.. thanks Teena.

Going to ask amma to try this tomorrow...it better be good Teena :p

I bet you and your mom will like this mutton curry.:D

Good search

It's been quite a while I cooked mutton.

Quote Originally Posted by Teena View Post
    I bet you and your mom will like this mutton curry.:D

Good search

It's been quite a while I cooked mutton.

I have a party next saturday...so trying to find something different to cook ....need to find some karamana snacks too....

Teena,
    we tried this nethu with chicken.....came out really yummy....amma just added little cashews & baadham to it

Thanks for the recipe

pattams- I'm so happy to hear that this recipe turned out good and glad both our mom and you liked it. I will try adding cahew and badham next time when I do this curry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast