Firefox related help - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Firefox related help

will try i t out.
    --N
    P.S: My fav is Flashgot plugin + leechget download manager.
    I Will Be Back!!!

Here's a problem(which i'm having it since v0.9).

Sometimes when I start Firefox, it is not able to login to my default profile. and I have to create another profile. Today I got the same problem.

But I closed Firefox, and ran firefox -p and logged into my Default profile. I was able to login to it. Dont quite understand whats wrong :?
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Ns,

I had the same problem, but i deleted the default profile and logged back. Could be bug i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sri
    I had the same problem, but i deleted the default profile and logged back
    but would'nt i lose all the bookmarks . but i noticed something, whenever i get this error firefox.exe is already running (i wonder why should it be running, even an hour after i close the firefox browser), so i end task the firefox.exe process and start firefox(you dont get the error).

if you created a profile inbetween, you can switch profiles by running firefox -p

PS: a small request, why not rename this thread heading as "Firefox related help" and make it a sticky in "General Technical Help"

but i noticed something, whenever i get this error firefox.exe is already running (i wonder why should it be running, even an hour after i close the firefox browser)
    Righto. Same problem for me... Sometimes when i try to open Firefox, it wont open... So i take task manager and close the running firefox(it shouldnt be running, BTW). Have you tried about:config in the address bar... tried tinkering with the configs?
    --N
    I Will Be Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Narayana
    Have you tried about:config in the address bar... tried tinkering with the configs?
    nopes narayana....any interesting experiments sure...i too would love to try them :D.

ippo firefox has soo many problems... many links dont work... browser doesnt open.. sometimes if you open it, the homepage doesnt come, all those buttons are screwed up, cant type address,.. Hope mozilla guys make an update soon(I'm getting these problems only after the latest security update)
    --N
    I Will Be Back!!!

Narayana there was an update version 1.0.2 for firefox.

I too experience some problems only after upgrading to 1.0. The main problems I experience are:

1. The identities problem i explained above.

2. Narayana, as you said, the page load/reload freezes. Though the browser doesnt seem to have frozen. I am actually using Reload Every plugin, but wondering if that is the one which is causing the problem.

3. This happens while I am using geetham. Sometimes you cannot use arrow keys,home, end or delete button and cannot select all, cut, copy or paste. This is quite a wierd problem which gets solved if you reload the page. I dont really have a clue why this should ever happen

Intha tamizh fonts enn olunga display aha mattengithu... i tried common unicode fonts Latha, Ilango_Bharathi and Sooriyan no use.

Any other fonts to give it a shot.

My OS is windows XP home/professional.

I have Windows 2000, with that I have no problem and the font i set is ilango_bharathi.

Finally found out....

From NS80's idea, i carried out installation for easter languages and guess what it fixed the firefox issue now....

நன்றி ns80.... from firefox.

srigan,
    i AM using 1.0.2 . many links dont work. i have to drag them to the URL bar...
    btw, i never had a prob with tamil fonts...
    --N
    I Will Be Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Narayana
    many links dont work. i have to drag them to the URL bar...
    very wierd, dint have any problem like that any specific site you are getting that problem. am still using v 1.0, feel v 0.9 worked lot better than v1.0 and up

me having a different kind of problem, when replying(quick reply as well as posting.php) some special keys dont work...like Delete, End, Home PgUp, PgDn and Ctrl+arrow key combos. however it starts working after you refresh the page, very strange :?.

Hi

I am using firefox 1.0 in fedora core 2. I do not ahve any problem with geetham.net nor the tamil font. I had the problem in tamil font first but I installed some font (unicode) which I do not remember correctly and now I can work in geetham.com in my firefox very peacefully. I feel it is a really good and very fast browser and easy to work with also. Sometimes I get into problems with multimedia plugins but that is not because of firefox in my laptop since I did not install multimedia stuffs correctly in the prespecified spaces and so I do have problem with mulitmedia sometimes (not all the time). But I plan to reinstall fedora core 3 or core 4 (which is due to be released in june) I hope all problems in multimedia will go off

If anybody require which tamil font I installed please ask me I can send you my .fonts files, so that you can try those fonts and see of u can get tamil fonts in firefox

As requested by coolian (bro! REZPECT )

http://www.tamil.net/tscii/faq3.html

i personally havent tried it, so you are the guinea pig for this experiment .

Sakthi,

The font you installed is Ilango Barathi or Latha.. both of them are compatible in firefox, but depends on windows installation you have.

Hi Sri_gan

I just have the following fonts installed on my system in Linux.

AMU_B_95.ttf kumudam.ttf Shree-Tam-0802.ttf tscmylai.ttf Vikat_tm.ttf
    Eltpan-n.ttf kumudam.TTF tmnews.ttf TSCu_Comic.ttf

It may be Shree-Tam or TSCu_Comic. But still I am not sure. But it works in my laptop
    :D
    ~~~
    Blog

For Firefox 1.0.3 users

Donno how far it affects, but nothing wrong in upgrading.

Any idea how to backup bookmarks from Firefox Perhaps even backing up the entire identity from this machine and importing them to a different machine. Is there any way to make it possible

Over and out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast