Firefox related help - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Firefox related help

i didnt look at coolian's link, but i have this extension which automatically saves my bookmarks every time i close firefox. i got it from http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/#bb
    i find it very useful because if windows crashes(it is happeining more frequently these days) , my bookmarks are lost IF firefox is open at that time. anyway here goes. u can import the html file later from anywhere.
    --N
    I Will Be Back!!!

I am observing this problem only after upgrading to 1.0.7.

Everytime I close Firefox, I get this error reporting window

Is anyone else experiencing the same
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

wat error? something like <address> referenced <some other address>. illegal read or somthing like that??
    I Will Be Back!!!

yeah something like that Narayana
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I downgraded to 1.0.6 now anyways.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Tried 1.5 beta 2 for a couple of hours, does'nt have Flash support so far, offer a drag and drop tabs feature.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Anyone tried the greasemonkey extension and a bunch of scripts you can play around with it

I've been using 1.5 beta 2 for quite a while (on my home laptop) and I love the easy management of tabs in that!

Haven't tried out the greasemonkey extension though...will have to try it out!
    Over and out.

I'm using 1.5 beta2.(directly upgraded from 1.0.4). i dont think the problem is with firefox... some of my friends have this peculiar problem in XP... whenever they close a particular folder(just that folder), the error comes... and always... i too have the problem with Code::Blocks IDE... I think its an XP problem..... i searched everywhere 4 a sollution.. havnt found one yet...have you had any similar problem with any other app??
    I Will Be Back!!!

Fellow 1.5 Beta 2 users, are you having trouble quoting text using quote selected Quote selected works real fine with 1.0 series for me, but not with 1.5

Fasterfox seems to improve the Firefox load times I noted some difference in initial loading time though.

1.5 RC2 does'nt seem to like my laptop touchpad scroller, it works fine and dandy in IE.

Awesome extension :D : I tried Live Mail works fine, except for the keyboard shortcuts.

Narayan, quote selected too doesnt work in FF 1.5

WoW!! Excellent extension! No more "Sorry you need IE" problems.
    Thanks a million.

Edit: Its actually using IE... SO other extensions wont work in it.. how far is it different from using IE separately...
    I Will Be Back!!!

I checked my process list after I switched to IE mode in one of my tabs. IEXPLORE does'nt run, that probably would save some memory One thing it would save me from opening IE, simply a switch would do the trick. There are quite a few things that dont work, try downloading an attachment from Hotmail BETA in IE mode. Lot of work needs to be done.

One thing I'd like to try and see if Tamil Unicode works perfectly in that mode

At present I just use that mode for IE only sites, otherwise mine runs in Firefox mode.

Firefox 2.0 alpha 1 got named into Bon Echo
    ~~~~~
    Actually find one useful featured, thats inspired from Opera: close button on each tab, rather than setting focus on the tab and closing, now you can close without the tab in focus.
    ~~~~~
    Another thing I noticed just now, Geetham loads a bit faster than 1.5

Another thing I noticed just now, Geetham loads a bit faster than 1.5

This feature is more important than anything else Nana, is this version only for windows does it have Firefox 2.0 alpha for Linux; b'cose I have not checked now. May be after gng home I have to see; I ahve not updated my lappy for days now
    ~~~
    Blog

does it have Firefox 2.0 alpha for Linux
    But it is a tarball.

But it is a tarball.

Then I have to compile it

I will wait for the complete version no need to take any risk now I think
    ~~~
    Blog

I think there is a installer file (bin) in this link:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...staller.tar.gz

anyway I will wait for the completed version
    ~~~
    Blog

I opened the Firefox 1.5 shortcut link(I already have 2.0 alpha installed) and it opens Firefox 1.5(I went to the about page after loading).

I had 2.0 alpha and 1.5 open at the same time and accessed Ymail using 1.5, the login screen looked 1.5-ish, after logging in it automatically changed over to 2.0 appearance. One thing I noted in that transition is that, the page rendering in 2.0 alpha is visibly faster than in 1.5 (or am I the only one feeling it )

I havent tried loading 1.5 alone and not loading 2.0 alpha and tried. If the engine does'nt switch, we might have 2 versions of Firefox running on the same machine . BTW this was done only on Windows.
    ~~~~~~~
    Shakthi, I remember running 2 different browser versions of Firefox(1.0.7 and 1.5) in my Ubuntu box. I think the filenames of both were different (one was firefox.ubuntu and the other was firefox). Although I dont remember, how exactly I did it .

Shakthi, I remember running 2 different browser versions of Firefox(1.0.7 and 1.5) in my Ubuntu box. I think the filenames of both were different (one was firefox.ubuntu and the other was firefox). Although I dont remember, how exactly I did it
    That sounds interesting. May be ubuntu gives you a firefox version with its OS that is why it is firefox.ubuntu

I have not installed new version of firefox yet, so I will not be aqble to comment anyhting abt the diff bet the old and new versions of firefox; but 1.5 is not at all good I simply dislike. probably I should try the new version in windows first in my lappy; before trying it out in linux windows is the dumping yard in my lappy
    ~~~
    Blog

Another thing I noticed just now, Geetham loads a bit faster than 1.5 Thinking

if its prefetching, its no good. otherwise, i dont see anyway how the speed can increase... unless there's some bottleneck on the browser side....
    I Will Be Back!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast