Egg recipe please!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egg recipe please!

Default Egg recipe please!

My daughter's pediatrician told me that she should eat egg. Since we are vegetarians Egg is the only source of protein. The thing is my daughter does not like egg. Egg burji, half boil, boiled egg, omlet ellaam try panni parthutten. She is not eating. So, anybody can suggest in what other form I can try.

Ofcourse, since it is for my daughter, it should not be too spicy. Any suggestions pleease!

Thanx
    PK

since it is for my daughter, it should not be too spicy. Any suggestions
    You could make Egg based All purpose flour cake. If your daughter likes tomatoes, you could make Scrambled egg with tomatoes and a lit bit of coconut powder and salt+pepper.

- Silix
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

Egg milkla pottu adichu koduthingala.... add sugar and some turmeric powder and warm itto get rid of the smell... (try some vanilla essence too.. to mask the smell... main reason why kids refuse egg...)
    மின்னல் பாதி தென்றல் பாதி மங்கை ஆனது

Pk,

My mother never fed us any non-vegetarian proteins as babies or toddlers, I wonder why your doctor is saying so Neither I or my siblings had any symptoms of malnutrition. In fact we were the fattest kids on the block

perhaps you should consider not giving her eggs as a separate dish but include it within different dishes. You may also try incorporating egg whites into chappathis and other flat breads?

.sorry to dampen this thread....but in future may I kindly request that you do not post separate request threads, please please please.
    Please use the main request thread. thank you very much.

blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Egg is the only source of protein??? PK, you might want to read this. And throw those eggs away !
    Over and out.

PK.

Try all nuts (if ur daughter is not allergic to nuts).
    Chick peas, beans, red beans, kidney beans,Soya

Try soya product in all sources, Soya milk is rich in protein.
    Initially she will not like it, but once used to it its the best source of protein.
    Try soya chunks instead of Corn flakes for the breakfast.

But if u r desperately for Egg recipe.

Try bombay toast.

Thats a simple recipe.

A glass of milk.
    4 spoons of sugar (more sugar is added to taste sweet so kids will like them)
    2eggs
    Mix them and set aside for 15 minutes.
    What u need to do is just dip the bread slices in the mix and toast it in frying pan.
    On a frying pan pour little ghee with moderate heat, Just keep turning the slices frequently..

Hope she likes this...

Illainaa sollunga...vera try pannalam
    I am back.........

Priyanka,

I too had the same problem...

Try giving her the pancakes. Get the pancake mix from stores and add an egg.Mix together for batter.

Also try scrambled eggs.. Mix egg with a spoon of milk and salt,pepper and beet the mixture and prepare like omlett, but a scrambled one. She may like this one.

Try to add tofu in her daily servings. Its a good source of protein.

All the best.
    Anitam.

PK........Here are few recipes..........

But if your sister's mind is set not to eat egg, then she might not be eating what ever forms the preparations may be. It's better to give her unknowingly. All the best.......

EGG KABAAB
    =========

INGREDIENTS
    -----------------
    4 Eggs : hard-boiled
    2 tsp. : Besan(gramflour)
    1 onion(small) : finely chopped
    1 Egg: (white only)
    1 tbsp. : pudina(mint) leaves , finely chopped
    1 tbsp. : Hara Dhania(green coriander) leaves, finely chopped.
    2 Hari mirch : (green chillis), finely chopped
    1/4 tsp. : chilli powder.
    1/2 tsp. : black pepper powder
    salt to taste
    Oil for frying

METHOD
    ----------
    Grate the hard boiled eggs finely. Combine with all other ingredients except oil. Mix well and Knead into smooth dough. divide mixture into 10-12 equal portions. Shape each portion into medallions(flat round cutlets) and keep aside. Heat Oil in kadai/pan and fry kababs, few at a time untill crisp and golden brown. Serve hot, garnished by onion rings and accompanied by mint .

EGG KHESH
    ========

Ingredients
    -------------
    4 Eggs
    1 Capsicum finely sliced
    1 small Onion sliced
    1 Potato peeled and cut in thin round slices
    5-6 Mushrooms sliced
    Vegetable oil
    Salt to taste
    Black Pepper

Method
    ---------
    Add Oil to pan and lightly fry the onions, capcicum, potato slices and mushrooms separately.
    Beat the eggs and add salt and pepper to taste and keep aside.
    Take casserole and spray it with oil and layer the potato slices, capsicum slices , onions and mushrooms.
    Then pour the beaten eggs over the layers and sprinkle some black pepper on it.
    Preheat the oven and put the casserole inside.
    Cook until the eggs are done

SPICY EGG CURRY
    ============

Ingredients
    --------------
    4 boiled eggs
    2 medium sized onions
    1 Tomato
    3 green chilli's
    2 tsp. coriander powder
    5 cloves of garlic
    1" ginger
    1 tsp. jeera
    1/2 tsp. garam masala
    Pinch of turmeric powder
    3 tbsp oil, Salt to taste, water

Method
    ---------
    Make a paste of 1 onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli's.
    In a pan add oil when heated add jeera, when it splutters add the remaining onion (slit lengthwise) keep frying till it is golden brown then and finely chopped tomato fry it is smashed properly then add the ground paste, add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
    Keep frying till you see the oil seperating on the top and there is no raw smell.
    Add water if the curry sticks on the bottom of the pan.Finally add the boiled eggs (make vertical slits on the sides of the egg).
    Toss the eggs into the curry and let it simmer for 2 minutes,sprinkle garam masala and remove from heat when the curry is thick in consistency.
    - Valluvan

Me is a die hard nonveggie.. But had not had any non-veg until I was like 4 or 5 years... Ammaa paruppu saadham senju oottuvaanga.. some simple veggies like green beans and spinach too.. rest of the protein comes from thayir and milk...

PK, you can add more cheese and milk.. to hike up the protein count.

You can mix raw eggs with dosa-maavu and make egg dosa. Not spicy or anything. Does not smell as much as an omellette..

Kutti-ponnunaala, don't add too much masala in the omellette thingies..

Vasan

ps: Another way... rr.r. standard-aa neenga pannuraa maathiriye pannittu, sapidalainaa, Vasankitte pudichi kuduththuduvennu mirattalam... azhutha pillaiyum ozhungaa sappidum.. (rr... sorry.. ithu idea thread-la podanum.. )..
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Me is a die hard nonveggie.. But had not had any non-veg until I was like 4 or 5 years... Ammaa paruppu saadham senju oottuvaanga.. some simple veggies like green beans and spinach too.. rest of the protein comes from thayir and milk...
    Dear Vasan! Even I am dead against giving egg even to my daughter. Ovvoru dhadavai egg-ai samaikkara bothum I feel so guilty.

Aana avaloda pediatrician 'vegetarians have only negligible amount of protein in their diet. Children need very high protein. Illainna protein deficiency venum'nu solli ore adiyaa bayamurutthi vittuttaar.

Thanks for all your replies friends!

Katteriji! Bombay toasts seems to be a very good idea. Will try it.

Mix egg with something that masks the smell.....I guess...

yappa valluvaa......she is asking egg based food for her baby.....spicy egg curry saripattu varaathu

Ovvoru dhadavai egg-ai samaikkara bothum I feel so guilty.
    Why???? I mean food is food.....that's all....but then again that's me......one who has no qualms of eating egg....or several other things for that matter......
    If you are still confused go and have a look at is egg veg or non-veg topic in pattimandram....namba Madam sooper-aa vathadiyirupanga.......atha padicha ella santhegamm thirnthudum

But seriously, I think you can tell your pediatrician that you are prohibited from eating egg for religious reason, and he/she should be able to advise you on alternative sources of protein. BTW, isn't milk/cheese animal protein???
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Ohhh.......Oops........I misread the post as for her sister............
    - Valluvan

Quote Originally Posted by Priyanka
    Aana avaloda pediatrician 'vegetarians have only negligible amount of protein in their diet. Children need very high protein. Illainna protein deficiency venum'nu solli ore adiyaa bayamurutthi vittuttaar.

Thanks for all your replies friends!

Katteriji! Bombay toasts seems to be a very good idea. Will try it.
    her pediatrician is an ignorant idot of the first order!!!

PK ...you may tell her that I said so

what a looser

btw it's french toast not bombay toast

French pancakes/crepes contain eggs , and so do apple cobblers OK...find the recipes from www.bbc.co.uk and they smell good

good luck.

blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

We used to call it Bombay toast
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Thats a simple recipe.

A glass of milk.
    4 spoons of sugar (more sugar is added to taste sweet so kids will like them)
    2eggs
    Mix them and set aside for 15 minutes.
    What u need to do is just dip the bread slices in the mix and toast it in frying pan.
    On a frying pan pour little ghee with moderate heat, Just keep turning the slices frequently..

Hope she likes this...
    Katteriji! Thanx for your recipe! My daughter really liked it. Aana enakku oru doubt. Toast maadiri crisp-aa varaama oru maadiri dosai maadiri varuthe! Appadi thaan varumaa illainna naan ethaavathu mistake pannittena? Actualla dosai kallula eeshindu edukkave varamatteennudutthu.

But it tasted yummy!

PK:
    Very happy to hear that u r daughter took eggs atlast...

Thou its called as toast, it will not be crispy, uthappam mathiri irukkum....

Dosa kallulaa...oil or ghee coat panni vachidunga a day b4 u want to make toast...it will not be sticky the next day...
    I am back.........

Very happy to hear that u r daughter took eggs atlast...
    Athu onnum illai katteri. Naan en ponnu kitta "ozhunga saapidraiyaa illai katteri mama kitta pudicchu kudutthudattumaa"nu merattinen. Enna maayam! Ellaatthaiyum oree vaiyila gabukkunnu muzhungittaa.

Try to wipe it with a slice of onion and then try it priyanka... namba dosai vakarchae if it happens we use it right, i think it goes same for this too...

Happy shes eating it now

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by PK
    But it tasted yummy!

Poi sollureengala.... Oii... How would you know?

illai kuzhanthaikku senja saapadaa suttuteengala?

:P :P :P

v-

ps: PK.. there are some people who actually read whats written here.... not chumma gloss over stuff.. ippadi ellaam dumeel vittu maattikka kuudaathu... :P :P
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Poi sollureengala.... Oii... How would you know?
    Athu vera onnum illai. Avalukku kudukkaracche verala nakki parthen Just kidding.

Naanum egg saappida koodaathunnu thaan nenaikkiren. But what to do! It is sooo tasty! I am not able to overcome the temptation. Egg-a saaptuttu okkandhundu feel pannindruppen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast