ayurveda's explanation on Body heat
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ayurveda's explanation on Body heat

Default ayurveda's explanation on Body heat

Shy's question on body heat increased my curiosity so did some search in the web...dunno if this will help!!!

THREE DOSHAS

life is considered a union of body, mind and soul. There are three body types according to individual dominance, known as the THREE DOSHAS.

:: VATA _ Air
    :: PITTA _ Bile
    :: KAPHA –Phlegm

VATA

This initiates and promotes biological activity responsible for all internal and external movements of the body.

PITTA

This is responsible for the generation of body heat and metabolism and certain psychological attributes of the individual.

KAPHA

The main function of is to maintain healthy body tissues and maintain the balance of fat, water and other fluids.

Now coming to Body Heat
    Pitta governs all heat, metabolism and transformation in the mind and body. It controls how we digest foods, how we metabolize our sensory perceptions, and how we discriminate between right and wrong. Pitta governs the important digestive "Agnis" or fires of the body.

Do you need to balance Pitta?

Pitta dosha governs metabolism and transformation in the body. Answer these questions to see if you need to balance Pitta.

Do you tend to be demanding or critical?

Are you often frustrated, angry or intense?

Is your skin ruddy and prone to rashes and eruptions?

Are you often irritable or impatient?

Is your hair prematurely gray or thinning?

Do you wake up in the early hours and find it difficult to fall asleep again?

Do you feel discomfort in hot weather?

Are you a perfectionist?

Do you experience hot flashes?

Do you have excess stomach acid?

Do you experience loose bowel movements?
    If you answered yes to most of these questions, you need to balance Pitta.

Here are some tips for balancing Pitta:
    Keep cool. Avoid hot temperatures and food.

Favor cool, heavy, dry foods and sweet, bitter and astringent tastes.

Reduce pungent, sour, salty tastes and warm, oily and light foods.

Moderation, don't overwork.

Allow for leisure time.

Regular mealtimes, especially lunch at noon.

Abhyanga (ayurvedic oil massage) with a cooling oil such as coconut.

Pitta-Pacifying Diet

Dairy. Milk, butter and Ghee are good for pacifying Pitta. Reduce yogurt, cheese, sour cream and cultured buttermilk (their sour tastes aggravate Pitta).
    Sweeteners. All sweeteners are good except honey and molasses.
    Oils. Olive, sunflower and coconut oils are best. Reduce sesame, almond and corn oil, all of which increase Pitta.
    Fruits. Favor sweet fruits, such as grapes, cherries, melons, avocados, coconuts, pomegranates, mangos, and sweet, fully-ripened oranges, pineapples and plums. Reduce sour fruits such as grapefruits, olives, papayas, and unripe pineapples and plums.
    Vegetables. Favor asparagus, cucumbers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, green leafy vegetables, pumpkins, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, okra, lettuce, green beans and zucchini. Reduce hot peppers, tomatoes, carrots, beets, onions, garlic, radishes and spinach.
    Spices. Cinnamon, coriander, cardamom and fennel are all right. But the following spices strongly increase Pitta and should be taken only in small amounts: ginger, cumin, black pepper, fenugreek, clove, celery seed, salt and mustard seed. Chili peppers and cayenne should be avoided.

http://www.mapi.com/en/recipes/pittaguidelines.html

Thank you Butterfly.

Now coming to Body Heat
    Pitta governs all heat, metabolism and transformation in the mind and body. It controls how we digest foods, ..... and how we discriminate between right and wrong.
    Right and wrong-naa..

sense of direction (right-hand rule/left hand rule) type or nallathu kettathaa?

I have been warned about coffee-kudichathaala varum piththam... (aaanaa enakku coffee mela thaan piththam... sorry couldn't resist adding the pun.. )..

Dairy. Milk, butter and Ghee are good for pacifying Pitta. Reduce yogurt, cheese, sour cream and cultured buttermilk (their sour tastes aggravate Pitta).
    Opposite-aa solluraange.. Paati vaithiyam says, drink a lot of buttermilk and avoid milk...

And whats the diff between ghee and cheese? Ghee has too much fat, and no protein... at least cheese has some protein...

Romba confooose aayitten...

v-

ps1: Some interesting post-scripts..
    Do you need to balance Pitta?

Pitta dosha governs metabolism and transformation in the body. Answer these questions to see if you need to balance Pitta.

Are you often frustrated, angry or intense?

Are you often irritable or impatient?

Are you a perfectionist?
    hmm... could we add, some more comments?
    Do you use smilies a lot? :P :P
    Do you love poorikkattai, pooshanikkai.. ?? :P :P :P

Kavalai vendaam.. thaaimaarkaley, thangaimaarkaley.. Unggallukku itho Vasan-nin siddha vaiththiyam... :P :P

Here are some tips for balancing Pitta:
    Keep cool. Avoid hot temperatures and food. (urrrr.. NO Garam masala, no chillies.. )

Favor cool, heavy, dry foods and sweet, bitter and astringent tastes. (Ice cream poonthu vizhaadungoo... :P :P Cashew nuts and bitter-chocolates too :P :P )

Moderation, don't overwork. Allow for leisure time. (adikkadi geetham vanththu relax pannungo.... samaiyel ellam, as usual 'avanga' paarthuppaanga.. :P :P :P)...
    ps2: You are looking at a dead man... Naan gaali..

ps3: Chumaa vilaiyattukku thaan people.... You know I adore you all... :smo8:
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Thanks a lot pattams..

Mangoes romba heat solvaanga, but its one of the pacifiying diet may be daily sapidaama once in a whilena it should be ok i guess..

Vasan mm.. parthukaraen ..... ellarum sernthu vanthu ungalai vaporise panidaroom

Shy

Shy
    I Geetham

good article pattams...

p.s - shy akka...is it possible to merge this topic with the existing "Heat" topic?
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

already oru topic, merge pana try paninaen work aagalai..

Vasan or any other mod neenga try panunga pa work aachuna sollungo

Shy
    I Geetham

wow!!!!Butterfly

Good informations.Thank you very much for u'r effort.

Shy, If u experince heat body pls don't eat mango. I have a heat body and my biggest enemy is mango. Immdly my body reacts to mango and also pineapple.

ns, already irukka heat topic ore housefulla irukku so idha ippadiye vittalam separate topicaaa. :D

done teena, me to mango and pineapple..

but seriousa romba padam pakureengala enna.. topic housefulla irukkunu solreenga

Shy
    I Geetham

vasan anna wrote,
    Opposite-aa solluraange.. Paati vaithiyam says, drink a lot of buttermilk and avoid milk..
    Probably the sourness is not good...some ppl cant handle pulippu

Kavalai vendaam.. thaaimaarkaley, thangaimaarkaley.. Unggallukku itho Vasan-nin siddha vaiththiyam...
    Hope its poorikatai & poosanikas ..its good to relieve tension

Shy,Teena
    Found it really interesting

Teena,
    makes u wonder wat effect Liver has in regulating body heat...since it has to do with bile production...can pithamnu solradhu be increased bile production

Ns,
    I started new thread coz didnt want to mix up both...& moreover ppl who might have any ideas of ayurveda can share here

I am a very strict non-believer of Ayurvedha! I believe only in alopathy.

Opposite-aa solluraange.. Paati vaithiyam says, drink a lot of buttermilk and avoid milk...
    That is 'cuz buttermilk is much more easier to digest than milk.
    But acidity problem irukkaravanga, they should prefer milk more than buttermilk. Yeenna buttermilk-la irukkara pulippu innum acidity-a kelappi vittudum.

Thats why viradham irukkarambothu thayiroo more-o sappida koodaathunnu solluvaanga. Yenna vayiru kaaliyaa irukkaracche thayiro more-o saaptaa acidity-a kelappi vittudum-ngarathanaala.

+ Reply to Thread