looking for ph.d in germany - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for ph.d in germany

hmmmm
    unkita google talk la pesinathu thappa pochu hmmmm....iru iru innaiku night chat varuva illa? vachikaren unakku kacheri....

டேய்,
    எங்க போனாலும் சைடு டிராக் போடறதே பொழப்பா போச்சு, வேற எதுனா உருப்படியா தெரிஞ்சா சொல்லு
    hi this is shiva...from india..a researcher....

டேய்,
    எங்க போனாலும் சைடு டிராக் போடறதே பொழப்பா போச்சு, வேற எதுனா உருப்படியா தெரிஞ்சா சொல்லு
    ஓய் Anna இதை நான் வன்மையாக கண்டிக்கிற ேன்.

hahah nee vanmaiyaana kandi, menmaiyaana kandi....aana ozhunga velaiya paaru, PDF padikarathukku eathuna university site, or prof id kodudaanaa athuvituthu..enna ithellam?? hmmm????? :angry:

அதெல்லாம் தெரிந்தால் கொடுக்க மாட்டோமா. தெரியாததால ் தான் இப்படி. நீங்கள் எங்கள் சங்கத்தை குறை கூறிவிட்டீ ர்கள். இதற்காக எங்கள் தலைவி சுகாவிடம் பகிரங்க மன்னிப்பு கேட்க்க வேண்டும். (சும்மா விளையாட்டு க்கு, இத்துடன் இந்த விளையாட்டை நிறுத்திக் கொள்கிறேன் . :D )

சரி சரி அவளையும் இங்க இழுத்து வந்திடாதே, நல்ல காலம் அவளுக்கு தமிழ் படிக்கத்தெ ரியாது சரி சரி தெரிஞ்சவங் க யார்னா இருந்தா கேட்டு சொல்லுடா...
    அண்ணா..

Shiva, if u r looking for PD positions, then you should go in to individual university pages and search for your department and go into the home page of that deaprtment and you can very well find out the positions available in that department. you can search the universities in Germany through google. Or even you can enter through DAAD website www.daad.de

If you need any further help, please let me know about it. I will help you.

cheers.

Dear Krishng,
    Thanks for your kind reply yar, I also tried thru DAAD site, and infact I know DAAD director for India personally, when he came last year to our IIT for a convention of winter academy, I accompanied the scientific counsellor madam.Marya and the Director too for the local site seeing for 3 days here in guwahati, still, I am unable to find the proper way to apply to universities yar, I need to know some good universities which are working in biomechanics of hip joints, like FUB (free univ of berlin) , and uterus transplant , also on artificial uterus, can you please help me??
    shiva...

Sure shiva. Normally this kind of work has been done in a place called Uniklinikums or technical universities. one such university working in biomechanics is technical university of hamburg harburg. the website is www.tuhh.de i will look into some more details and let u know about it soon shiva.

cheers.

Thanks krish,
    I am going thru that site yar, bit useful only, but regarding the postdocs they havent mention anything about that? hmmm I think we can apply to the profs directly right? please guide me...
    ammaiye appa..

Shiva, www.findapostdoc.com site la search panni parunga. Athula neraya postdoc positions irruku. Appuram, www.jobs.ac.uk is also good.
    Katrathu kaiviral nagathalavu, kallathathu ipperandam alavu

Thank you senthil,
    those sites are really helpful, but I am finding only one or two postdoc positions in those sites,can anyone give me a good site which will give more opportunities in pdf please??

Shiva,

The best sites to search postdoc positions are www.newscientist.com, www.nature.com and www.sciencejobs.com. I hope you might have visited these sites. Almost all the pdf positions are advertised in these three sites. As you know only 25% of positions are filled by advertising and the rest 75% is filled by word of mouth it is better to pass your CV to your seniors and friends who are in abroad and ask them to refer your CV to the investigaters.
    Katrathu kaiviral nagathalavu, kallathathu ipperandam alavu

I am the first batch , and I am the first Ph.D from our Institute from our Department yar that is the sad thing here, no seniors nothing, I only have to find and help my juniors hereafter (

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva
    about the universities and professors who are working in biomechanics of hip and artificial uterus, in US
    Shiva,

Congratulations on your PhD.

I don't know any universities in particular who might be working on your areas of interest. But it should be easy for you to figure it out. You know the best research institutions, good profs who have been publishing quite a bit of work in your field. In fact, you are the best resource in this field (unless there is some one in Geetham who also works exactly on the same field, for a prof who happens to have a million dollar grant and is looking for post docs..!!)..

If some one is publishing good papers, and in high volume, he/she definitely has tons of money. And all schools and profs in US have a webpage - and its not very hard to search and see how many want post docs. Often though, they may not say so on the web - but if you write to them, they will consider.

Generally speaking post doc committments are very expensive for profs, so look at well to do schools, rather than some obscure places and you will be fine.

Best,

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Shiva, innum niraya website irukku. When I find time, I will try to get that one and post it here for u.. please give me sometime..

cheers.

sure sure,
    thanks senthil, thanks for your helping hand
    shiva.

Shiva -

Generally for postdoc, you have to find out the labs that are working in your specific area of interest and apply to that particular scientist or lab head directly.

How to find out the labs is your job - meaning, when you are saying you are completing your PhD, by now you should be knowing the labs around the world which are working in your area of interest. Even otherwise, a simple google search with the subject or area of interest as key words should take you to the labs of interest.

Next, postdoc announcements are mostly posted in journal websites - say in NatureJobs or Science Jobs etc.

Otherwise, some labs announce openings for postdoc in their personal lab webpages, in which case, you have to spend time going through the webpages with patience and then applying whereever it interests you and where there is a position.

Innum simple aa sollanum na, inge geetham la "give me a website.... tell me a website for postdoc" nu 20 messages adichuttu inga irukkira time la, you could very well have gone through atleast 5 labs sites or gone through atleast 5 pages of postdoc announcements in NatureJobs :-) *No offence here*

Finally, there are many many labs that do not announce postdoc positions at all.

You have to talk with your labs of interest and the scientists directly, saying that you are interested and would like towards your postdoc in that lab, and then that scientist will let you know if he is interested or if he will be able to take u as a postdoc etc etc.

AFAIK - in biological / biomedical research, this is the most predominant mode of entry for good quality PhD students as postdocs.

Good luck.
    It is not for me to attempt to fathom the inscrutable workings of Providence. -- The Earl of Birkenhead

Hiya Sweetie..

Long time no see? :P Hope all is well..

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Thank you sweetie madam,
    I got a response already from northern university , chicago, that prof says, he is anticipating a grant from the Govt in the begining of 2006 and asked me to contact that time, meanwhile if I get a good place I can join there na? thats why I am asking here , since here most of the people are from US, they may know their respective univesities , and if by seeing my query , if they go thru their labs, this also may give me a help na? thats why, anyway thanks for your suggestions mam good day...
    shiva..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast