Suggestions to Geetham ! - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions to Geetham !

Hi...
    I would first like to thank all those people involved in maintaining and building this site. This is one fabulous forum where you feel at home. My suggestion is we can add a craft forum. Where people can share their special talents like knitting, crochet, scrap book preparation, making flowers etc. Atleast they can give hints, tips, designs etc... That would be really nice. What do you guys think?

Shiam

கரண்டியைப் பிடித்த கைகள்
    களத்தில் இறங்கினால்
    கலகலப்புதா ன்
    வளையல்களிட ம் வம்பு வேண்டாமே?

யானும் களத்தில் ஆஜர் .

-யாமினி :D

Hi V-,
    I have a suggestion.. I always keep the recent topic page open, so as to see the latest posts. but the thing is I would have to refresh it to see if anything new has come.. If you can make it auto refresh it in say 3 or 5 minutes it would be real cool.. :D :D

-Siva
    -Siva
    "the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us"-- :D Calvin

1)
    I have a huge huge request...a very selfish one
    I hate forwards
    I'm sort of very very disappointed at the rate they turn up soooo often in Geetham.

2)
    word of mouth promotion. how about each Geethamite asks one friend to join Geetham.net :P

3)
    Organised debates

blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Judge v-

Naan solvadhilaam unamai unmai tavira vera edhum illa

my honour :P

I have so many suggestion in my mind

1) this blue color id's not coming to geetham much more...(except..Vasan..and dinesh )

2) Kidscorner is very slow nowaday

3) I want to beat RT

4) red id also very slow nowaday

5) admin bala anna...eppavum marindhu irundha thaan pakuranghaa

so idhukulaam sikirama nadavadikai edungo You'r honour

more to comeee

Quote Originally Posted by siva
    If you can make it auto refresh it in say 3 or 5 minutes it would be real cool.
    siva maams, if you are using firefox there is a [url=http://reloadevery.mozdev.com/]reload every plugin which you can use to refresh that tab for whatever time interval you want. for me 5 mins works good. 1 min makes my other tabs load very very slow
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    oii lolly indha red ids ellam enna ippolaam kaanum. solli vei..illena ellarayum lavender colour aakiduvom'nu
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

red id ellam koncham busya irrukkum athukku enna panna mudiyum prenchanai na paranthu vanthiromle... appuram ennaba...

red id ellam koncham busya irrukkum athukku enna panna mudiyum prenchanai na paranthu vanthiromle... appuram ennaba...
    athu (Red ajith style'le )

Reds are doing lot of administrator work ppl. Doesnt mean that if they dont post they are not active.

Ellarum senthu Reds'kku oru OOOOOOOOOOO podunga
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

View Geethamites' Best Pics

ah ha.. ithuku than nan wait pannitu irunthen..
    my suggestions.

1. make the page loading faster.. its too slow ..
    2. if we have a kids corner or kids section.. why cant a youths corner or youths section be started
    3. make a php script tat if a new member registers he must compulsorily introduce himself in new comers section.. so the first post must be in tat section when he accesses other sections and tries to post in those give him a message to post an intro abt him in new comers section..and then proceed to other sections.
    Expecting the world to be good to you coz you're good to them is like expecting a lion not to eat you coz you're vegetarian. ~!~

Recently it has been decided tat indians inside india was revoked their
    Active Memberships(AM)..

i accept to ur point..
    but ithu orutharoda aarvatha sothichi pakra mathiri irukum nu nan feel panren

i would like to give a suggestion regarding this issue
    tat is
    inimey pudusa AM permission kodukire members'ku intha rule pathu kodukalam..
    but already AM permissions kodutha member ku revoking apdinrarthu.. hmm.....

aprum i want some mods or admins to help me here
    wat i have to do to regain AM ..???

PS: ithu ennoda sontha opinion than pa... no offense or anything.. if anybody feel so
    i request mods to edit it .. and sorry of tat if it happens.
    Expecting the world to be good to you coz you're good to them is like expecting a lion not to eat you coz you're vegetarian. ~!~

i accept to ur point.. but revoking AM doesnt sounds good..
    consider myself as an example - i have 930+ posts at this time
    and moreover everybody knows who itechlegend is..
    but since i am residing in chennai my AM was revoked..
    Hi Legend, a lot of people have tried to explain this to you.....
    It is because of this the Active Member group is renamed to Geetham club, to clearly signify that "Activeness" is NOT the only criteria.

Geetham's focus has changed in that we are concentrating more on more activities than just downloads. Given this, downloads arer going to play less and less parts in the future. And we want our users to visit Geetham for all the additional stuff that is here, not just downloads.

But, I'm confused about this, what do you hope to gain from being a Geetham Club member. It is mainly setup to reward members who live abrad and can't access material that is freely available in places like Chennai or Colombo. So, why do you need that membership?

aprum i want some mods or admins to help me here
    wat i have to do to regain AM ..???
    Personally, I don't know. The rule says that it is limited access to people from the subcontinent.
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

but revoking AM doesnt sounds good..
    consider myself as an example - i have 930+ posts at this time
    and moreover everybody knows who itechlegend is..
    but since i am residing in chennai my AM was revoked..
    BTW, your active membership is a personal issue between you and Geetham. Please do not bring up that issue in public and limit your discussions regarding this issue with the Super Moderator assigned to you in this matter (Katteri I believe). If you are unhappy please discuss the issue with him.

This is a suggestions for improvement thread, not one about whether we need to change our rules.

Quote Originally Posted by itechlegend
    2. if we have a kids corner or kids section.. why cant a youths corner or youths section be started
    This would be counterproductive. Geetham is about Tamilians of all ages getting together.
    It isn't about segragation of members according to age groups.
    However the reason for a child's corner is very simple, children unlike youths do need to be protected to a degree by society till they are mature enough to handle anything life throws at them. Hence why we do have a corner for them.
    Youths are fully fledged members of society with their own opinions and have every right to mix with adults of all ages.

and ... we're not Lufthansa to offer child fare, youth fare, student fare and normal adult fare

blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

ok blue,
    tat was a good piece of explanation..
    i accept it..

i have this suggestion, i dono whether it sounds sense or not.. let me see

shall we make protected messages for downloading links insisting members to post replies to get that link..

this wil help in two way, the download link source provider's work is appreciated
    and members gain posts counts increased...

i was wondering why suddenly i was taken away from the active list,,,was little upset though i do some participate,,,but see being a student i hardly find some time,,,,i had the same doubts like legend,,,,but now it is all clear........
    good work gteam......will try my best.........
    no comments and suggestionsssssssssssssssss
    Though you are a past Dream,I'm still wandering in that Dream....

The time it takes to load pages has to decrease significantly. I've been waiting for the past 20 mins for Blue's dance thread to load but apparently that particular thread doesn't like me.
    Over and out.

shall we make protected messages for downloading links insisting members to post replies to get that link..
    Legend, downloading is not Geetham's focus anymore. We are not going to concentrate on ideas regarding that.

Quote Originally Posted by dinesh
    Legend, downloading is not Geetham's focus anymore. We are not going to concentrate on ideas regarding that.
    Does that include the Carnatic section?? Also is that link above the final torent site? Coz the peer list is still not getting updated.. Or are you not going to concentrate on torrents too?? Thnx. Geetham is the best site ever... like a family.
    --N
    I Will Be Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red ID
    ho apddiyaa

appo wait prichanai panrrein...appo parandhu varuvingalla

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast